Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Askyl View Post
    Ninja looting is to steal items you don't need or intend to use. You can try, but you won't change what ninja looting is.
    Youre the one trying to redefine what the term means lmao. The epitome of projection.. its ONLY ninja looting if you steal an item you dont need/intend to use? Are you high?

lol.. streamer expecting to get let off because "he's famous". Amusing.... and I love the people here defending such shitty behaviour <3

Moral of the story, kick the baddies from the raid before assigning loot

Quote Originally Posted by Eugenik View Post
    Youre the one trying to redefine what the term means lmao. The epitome of projection.. its ONLY ninja looting if you steal an item you dont need/intend to use? Are you high?
    His definition isn't the only one for ninja looting. There can be more than 1 meaning to a term. Scamming people, needing on things you don't need over people who do need. The latter is the one that people argue over because they try to quantify the term "need". We all know when someone does that. I casually call them out by saying "congrats on upgrade". There is no arguing that it's very shady to do. Whether they'll get banned or not for it, they're a douche for doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Necromantic View Post
    His definition isn't the only one for ninja looting. There can be more than 1 meaning to a term. Scamming people, needing on things you don't need over people who do need. The latter is the one that people argue over because they try to quantify the term "need". We all know when someone does that. I casually call them out by saying "congrats on upgrade". There is no arguing that it's very shady to do. Whether they'll get banned or not for it, they're a douche for doing it.
    They will not be banned for rolling need in a need/greed loot system. That does not meet Blizzards definition of ninja looting, and as has been mentioned multiple times, that is the only definition that matters in this context. When discussing rules and punishment, the only criteria that matters is that of the authority in any given context. For example - you might think that 125km/h is absolutely fine in a 100km/h area, and you might not consider it speeding, or going too fast. However, your personal definition of speeding is not important in this context, its the local authorities definition - and they say 100km/h is the max speed.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    They will not be banned for rolling need in a need/greed loot system. That does not meet Blizzards definition of ninja looting, and as has been mentioned multiple times, that is the only definition that matters in this context. When discussing rules and punishment, the only criteria that matters is that of the authority in any given context. For example - you might think that 125km/h is absolutely fine in a 100km/h area, and you might not consider it speeding, or going too fast. However, your personal definition of speeding is not important in this context, its the local authorities definition - and they say 100km/h is the max speed.
    The reason I say that we don't know is because it's no secret that Blizzard are not consistent with infractions. I've seen people crack small jokes and get banned while another person literally stalks someone for 6 months and nothing happens to them and then read idiotic replies from Blizzard, grasping at straws trying to rationalize their actions.

Blizzard's rules are vague for a reason. They wouldn't be so bad if they were not so notorious for inconsistency.

Quote Originally Posted by 8bithamster View Post
    lol.. streamer expecting to get let off because "he's famous". Amusing.... and I love the people here defending such shitty behaviour <3
    It's so cringeworthy, especially when you point it out and their cult followers try so hard to go "well uh... it wuz a joke n u kant tell!" They get soooo mad when you speak out against streamers. I think this was the recent thread where you'll find some hilarious examples.
    Last edited by Necromantic; 2020-02-25 at 07:19 PM.

The reason I say that we don't know is because it's no secret that Blizzard are not consistent with infractions. I've seen people crack small jokes and get banned while another person literally stalks someone for 6 months and nothing happens to them and then read idiotic replies from Blizzard, grasping at straws trying to rationalize their actions.

Blizzard's rules are vague for a reason. They wouldn't be so bad if they were not so notorious for inconsistency.
    I agree that in some situations, language in particular, their enforcement is vague at best. However, in 15 years, i am not aware of a single case, not one, where a player is banned for rolling need on an item in a need/greed situation.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    I agree that in some situations, language in particular, their enforcement is vague at best. However, in 15 years, i am not aware of a single case, not one, where a player is banned for rolling need on an item in a need/greed situation.
    Am I personally aware either? No, I've just "heard" a bunch of people saying they've seen it happen. I've seen plenty say something along the lines of "it absolutely 100% CAN happen" along with an anecdote. I've personally never witnessed it in my groups. People who roll need on things they don't need just got kicked.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    This isn't ninja looting, the rogue that won the roll clearly didn't deserve to get the belt. Even if you read the chat, people agreed that he shouldn't get it. And then because the other 2 rogues below him rolled 58, they rerolled. And Payo won.. Then gets banned for 3 days. This is a really dumb decision by blizzard, again.. You can see how it happened in the vid.

kinda glad, from what i seen of Payo, hes abit of a tool and douche

Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    Well, perhaps, and they could remove him from the rest of the raid, or better check their applicants. But agreeing to certain (fair) loot rules and then willfully violating them is still considered a loot scam.
    Agreeing to raid and then willfully showing up in PVP spec is a scam too.
    Snarky: Adjective - Any language that contains quips or comments containing sarcastic or satirical witticisms intended as blunt irony. Usually delivered in a manner that is somewhat abrupt and out of context and intended to stun and amuse.

Quote Originally Posted by Vitalremains View Post
    This isn't ninja looting, the rogue that won the roll clearly didn't deserve to get the belt. Even if you read the chat, people agreed that he shouldn't get it. And then because the other 2 rogues below him rolled 58, they rerolled. And Payo won.. Then gets banned for 3 days. This is a really dumb decision by blizzard, again.. You can see how it happened in the vid.
    The guy who rightfully won may have hindered the run, but he did win. And the bias opinion of stream cultists who joined hold no water. If the 39 people in the Ranchero in Santa Fe in 1996 said Marshall was absolutely correct in what he's doing, that does not necessarily make it so.

Quote Originally Posted by bullseyed View Post
    Agreeing to raid and then willfully showing up in PVP spec is a scam too.
    He showed up in Subtley spec, not PVP spec. People have and can successfully PVE in Sub.

10+ Year Old Account
    He showed up in Subtley spec, not PVP spec. People have and can successfully PVE in Sub.
    Hemo is a PvP spec. You don't want the Hemo debuff on bosses, it knocks off more important ones.

If you're using Hemo you're actively hurting the raid because you're knocking off shouts or curses.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    Hemo is a PvP spec. You don';t want the Hemo debuff on bosses, it knocks off more important ones.
    Hemo is an ability, not a spec.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hemo is an ability, not a spec.
    And the Rogue was using Hemo on Vael, watch the damn video.

"Hemo spec" is the shorthand name of the entry level PvP spec for Rogues with shitty gear.

And the Rogue was using Hemo on Vael, watch the damn video.
    I watched the damn video. Stop trying to deflect.

My healing Priest is Holy spec, not Spiritual Guidance spec. And I don't care what your personal definition and standards are, they're irrelevant.
    Last edited by Necromantic; 2020-02-25 at 08:13 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I watched the damn video. Stop trying to deflect.

My healing Priest is Holy spec, not Spiritual Guidance spec.
    Sure, but people actually refer to the Hemo spec as "Hemo spec". You can't argue against that, it's just like how people often refer to deep Arms as "MS", or "an MS Warrior", or for deep Destro locks as "Conflag spec". It's an objective fact.

There is no deflecting going on, just because your class doesn't have specs that are referred to by a particular ability doesn't mean other classes don't either. Let's look for a second at the two popular Warlock raiding specs: DS/Ruin and SM/Ruin. Both of these specs are named after abilities, not after their spec trees.

And, as I said before, using Hemo while raiding actively hurts the raid.
    Last edited by jackofwind; 2020-02-25 at 08:17 PM.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    The guy who rightfully won may have hindered the run, but he did win. And the bias opinion of stream cultists who joined hold no water. If the 39 people in the Ranchero in Santa Fe in 1996 said Marshall was absolutely correct in what he's doing, that does not necessarily make it so.

Not sure exactly why you are trying to defend this, but the rogue was doing horrible dps and on one attempt only shot with his bow... You can disagree with the decision made and that he should still have gotten the belt, sure. But the fact is, the other 2 rogues behind him both rolled 58, they rerolled and he won. Payo did not ninja the belt to himself out of nowhere. And i'm not a fan of his, I don't watch him and don't care for him. But getting banned for 3 days for "ninja looting" after watching what actually happened, doesn't make sense.

Sure, but people actually refer to the Hemo spec as "Hemo spec". You can't argue against that, it's just like how people often refer to deep Arms as "MS", or "an MS Warrior", or for deep Destro locks as "Conflag spec". It's an objective fact.

There is no deflecting going on, just because your class doesn't have specs that are referred to by a particular ability doesn't mean other classes don't either.

And, as I said before, using Hemo while raiding actively hurts the raid.
    "People" also said that Santa Claus is real. Referencing hypotheticals never help your claim.

And the nice thing about this game is that you can bring anybody you want. If you invited a Sub Rogue, allowed him to fight, he has the right to the loot. Just because you didn't check to make sure you had what you needed is not all on him.

I don't know how many times I've seen people invite Shadow Priests without even asking them what spec they were and blame the Priest for not being in healing spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Vitalremains View Post
    Not sure exactly why you are trying to defend this, but the rogue was doing horrible dps and on one attempt only shot with his bow... You can disagree with the decision made and that he should still have gotten the belt, sure. But the fact is, the other 2 rogues behind him both rolled 58, they rerolled and he won. Payo did not ninja the belt to himself out of nowhere. And i'm not a fan of his, I don't watch him and don't care for him. But getting banned for 3 days for "ninja looting" after watching what actually happened, doesn't make sense.
    I know the other 2 Rogues rerolled, but the did so after the first won. As far as being banned, their infractions are totally random. As I mentioned already in this thread, I've seen people get banned for just making a small joke that didn't target anybody and I've seen a guy get stalked for 6 months and nothing happened. I'd never judge the intensity of what someone does on what they get from Blizzard. They were given infractions by people who probably didn't even graduate high school.

10+ Year Old Account
    "People" also said that Santa Claus is real. Referencing hypotheticals never help your claim.
    Lol you can't be serious. Here are two samples (out of many) that prove you wrong.

Warlocks (Ex: SM/Ruin / DS/Ruin)

Mages (Ex: Arcane Power Frost / Winter's Chill Frost)

Of all the hills to choose to die on, this one is ludicrous. Like have you ever played any other class than Priest?
    Last edited by jackofwind; 2020-02-25 at 08:31 PM.