Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    The fact that you quoted this generation's Hitler Youth Recruiter, is FUCKING ASTOUNDING. And before you say I am being hyperbolic, they had Candace Owens under them that openly defended Hitler. They also have a HUGE racism problem in their college chapters.

So, for short, FUCK CHARLIE KIRK.

https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Charlie_Kirk
    Dude is clearly trolling I donno why you guys are wasting brain power on him.

57States is obviously someone's shitty, low-effort alt-account.

A bored Skroe cosplaying a Trumpanzee?
    [Infraction]
    Last edited by Rozz; 2020-02-26 at 01:28 PM. Reason: Minor Trolling

Quote Originally Posted by Rethul Ur No View Post
    57States is obviously someone's shitty, low-effort alt-account.

Skroe?
    You think Skroe would willingly stoop himself that low? TexasRules? Absolutely, but Skroe? Nope. He wouldn't support Trump like that.

CBS Post Debate Polls:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/elect...cid=spartandhp

Who impressed you in the debate?

Sanders 45
    Biden 43
    Warren 40
    Pete 38
    Amy 31
    Bloomberg 25
    Steyer 24

Made best case they could defeate Trump:

Sanders 26
    Biden 21
    Warren 12
    Bloomberg 11
    All others < 10

So this could turn out to be Sanders vs Biden after all it seems.

How did the debate make you feel about the candidates?

Nervous 45
    Optimistic 42
    Inspired 25
    Excited 25
    Pessimistic 16
    Uninspired 13

Not as bad as I would have expected.

Most memorable event of the night:

Klobuchar saying that if democrats tear each other apart, Trump will win - 37
    Sanders saying economy worked for billionaires - 17
    Warren describing Bloomberg as riskiest candidate - 15
    Biden saying he was going to take time to talk - 12

I am surprised (and personally pleased) that neither the attacks on Sanders, nor his defenses, were in the top 4.

4 more days till South Carolina, 7 till Super Tuesday.
    Last edited by Omega10; 2020-02-26 at 07:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    You think Skroe would willingly stoop himself that low? TexasRules? Absolutely, but Skroe? Nope. He wouldn't support Trump like that.
    It seems to be more parody of a Trumper than actual Trumper, so I doubt TexasRules would do it.

Why does Biden poll so well with blacks?

Would he be doing anywhere near as good as he is right now without his “black friend”?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/opini...cid=spartandhp

Very interesting article. The gist of it is: whoever wins the primary, immediately announce their full cabinet. Or at least a good chunk of it. And most of the slots would go to the various democratic nominees, plus a slot for Mitt Romney.

So, if Sanders wins... well basically 6 cabinet positions go to the 6 people who were in this debate with him, plus slots for Yang and others. If he loses... well he gets a nice cabinet position which would definitely reduce the sting of not being President. This "reduces the sting of not being President" would basically apply to ALL of the remaining candidates, as they are all fighting hard to be President.

This would also give each of these candidates a reason to do full time campaigning throughout the general election.

OK this is a pipe dream I know Let me enjoy a nice fantasy!

Quote Originally Posted by Omega10 View Post

Very interesting article. The gist of it is: whoever wins the primary, immediately announce their full cabinet. Or at least a good chunk of it. And most of the slots would go to the various democratic nominees, plus a slot for Mitt Romney.

So, if Sanders wins... well basically 6 cabinet positions go to the 6 people who were in this debate with him, plus slots for Yang and others. If he loses... well he gets a nice cabinet position which would definitely reduce the sting of not being President. This "reduces the sting of not being President" would basically apply to ALL of the remaining candidates, as they are all fighting hard to be President.

This would also give each of these candidates a reason to do full time campaigning throughout the general election.

Nah. Bloomberg needs to go fuck off. Pete too.

The only person who has run this cycle who deserves a cabinet position, assuming Sanders wins, is Warren as Treasury.

Also screw Thomas Friedman. The dude was a huge defender of the Iraq War and bin Salman of Iran "we kill journalists" fame. There are a hundred other reasons why the dude is a scumbag but those are two pretty good ones thusfar.
    Last edited by Yoshingo; 2020-02-26 at 09:25 AM.

Bloombergs slip of tongue was hilarious. He's bragging that he "bought" the house, while trying to buy the presidency.

Any leftys supporting him still must have a serious lack of self-awareness.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    Bloombergs slip of tongue was hilarious. He's bragging that he "bought" the house, while trying to buy the presidency.

Any leftys supporting him still must have a serious lack of self-awareness.
    In the end, regardless of which "Democrat" wins, they will be orders of magnitude better than Trump.

Luckily, people are not obligated to actually vote for either.

The only person still in the contest who could actually work in a Sanders cabinet is Warren. The others are ideologically opposed to Sanders.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by 57States View Post
    I neither mentioned nor implied isolationism, but thank you for your ability to express a strawman. China (Corona handling ineptitude) and Africa (lol) are your examples to compel me to see your point of view? Oye.

Also, Trump eradicated the economically unfeasible NAFTA deal and replaced it with the USMCA, and made deals with both Canada and Mexico to the benefit of all. Are you angry that Obama was pathetic and ultimately useless regarding foreign policy and are lashing out as a result of his embarrassing ineptitude?
    The thing is... You are rattling off complete bullshit with the speed (fast) and accuracy (all over the place) of a machine gun.

You are either aware that you are peddling nonsense and do it intentionally or you are off your meds and you need professional help.

The fact that you pepper your bullshit with crypto fascist textbook Steve Bannon "economic nationalism" (attempt 457 to rebrand fascism) suggests to me that you are aware that you are peddling bullshit but you do it intentionally because you are in fact a sociopath.

Mike punched his weight like a champ during the debate, he's my boy now

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    The only person still in the contest who could actually work in a Sanders cabinet is Warren. The others are ideologically opposed to Sanders.
    And stuff like that is why Bernie won't get anything done if he becomes POTUS. You need to work with people and compromise, horse trade, and other things, to get politics done. Give and take.
    There is reason FDR had Southern Democrats and Republicans at various times in his cabinet. He needed buyins. Which is also why share croppers weren't included in the new deals agriculture parts.
    Compromise to get something through congress.
    Most small government progressives at the time weren't fond of his large government progressive programs.
    - Lars

Quote Originally Posted by Muzjhath View Post
    And stuff like that is why Bernie won't get anything done if he becomes POTUS. You need to work with people and compromise, horse trade, and other things, to get politics done. Give and take.
    There is reason FDR had Southern Democrats and Republicans at various times in his cabinet. He needed buyins. Which is also why share croppers weren't included in the new deals agriculture parts.
    Compromise to get something through congress.
    Most small government progressives at the time weren't fond of his large government progressive programs.
    This is the main reason why Bernie winning would be a bad idea. Even if you agree with his ideals, he wouldn't be able to get anything done. He's been rather unsuccesful as a politician in getting anything done due to his inability to compromise.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    This is the main reason why Bernie winning would be a bad idea. Even if you agree with his ideals, he wouldn't be able to get anything done. He's been rather unsuccesful as a politician in getting anything done due to his inability to compromise.
    This is very true. Without support from Congress, no president can deliver on his/her campaign promises. And his proposals are too radical for that to happen.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

No one will ever get anything done for the rest of your life, gridlock is the new normal. You are electing someone to overturn Trump’s executive orders, replace them with their own, and fill a court that won’t just overturn whatever those happen to be. That’s the entire job for, again, the rest of your life. If that’s not good enough for anyone, following politics this closely isn’t for you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Nelinrah View Post
    Nah. Bloomberg needs to go fuck off. Pete too.
    Romney is also a terrible idea for Sanders. Any GOP member would. Including ones that where members recently, like Bloomberg.

due to his inability to compromise.
    Even though "ability to compromise" is basically the nice spin on stagnant water/status quo politics.

Maybe it's the mentality that everything, every issue and every stance has to be compromised on that is the problematic one in modern society.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    Even though "ability to compromise" is basically the nice spin on stagnant water/status quo politics.

Maybe it's the mentality that everything, every issue and every stance has to be compromised on that is the problematic one in modern society.
    Thats more an issue when compromising outside your party. Obama fell into that and its why he didnt get near as much done as he could have.

Bernie can't even within his own party.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg