Page 1 of 12
... LastLast

Should raid loggers get low prio on gear?

General hot topic is the large amount of raid loggers each guild has and the hidden animosity that brews between them and general players. They might login once or twice a week to raid and then are gone the rest of the week. Not helping the guild in anyway but still getting the same priority on gear that every day players get.

Should they get the same priority on gear since they assisted in the kills or would the gear be wasted on someone who only uses the gear to raid and rarely is on to help the guild out with other parts of the game.

What other parts of the game would you want them to do??

If you are not using epgp then it doesn’t matter how much they log. Without them the gear wouldn’t drop.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    No, absolutely not.

If it is a requirement to also log on and do mythic plus with the guild or to contribute mats weekly, then that needs to be made clear within the guilds rules.

and from what i remember about raiding, just being a reliable person that you know is actually going to make it to the raids every week is indeed very "helpful"

Quote Originally Posted by Beastiel View Post
    No, absolutely not.

If it is a requirement to also log on and do mythic plus with the guild or to contribute mats weekly, then that needs to be made clear within the guilds rules.

and from what i remember about raiding, just being a reliable person that you know is actually going to make it to the raids every week is indeed very "helpful"
    I am curious as to what else one would be doing currently that requires help from the raid loggers

What do you "help your guild with" nowadays? It's not the time of vanilla, TBC, or even WotLK (to a much lesser degree), when many guilds actually expected their players to contribute more than just their attendance for progress raids. You had attunements, gearing sources were much more limited, and so most guilds had to run older raids/instances to prepare new players. Gold and raid resources were much harder to get, so you might have had some people collecting resources, others turning them into flasks/gems/enchants/whatever, some contributing gold, and so on...

But now? There are no attunements, gold is easy to come by, gearing is a joke. So what's the difference if a player just logs for the raids or if they stay online 24/7?
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

Quote Originally Posted by Beastiel View Post
    If it is a requirement to also log on and do mythic plus with the guild
    That'd be a helluva requirement to enforcement, since literally no one would be able to do it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Airlick View Post
    It's not the time of vanilla ...
    ... There are no attunements, gold is easy to come by, gearing is a joke. ...
    I'm guessing you didn't realize the question was about Classic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teffi
    You play a game for 20+ hours a week and you're "an addict".
    You sit on your fat ass eating nachos and watching men in tight pants throw a ball around for 20+ hours a week and you're "a man".
    Sometimes, I just can't even:
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx
    It's just an assertion, so it's neither logical nor illogical.

Quote Originally Posted by xGLxAnubis View Post
    I'm guessing you didn't realize the question was about Classic.
    Oh, damn. No, I didn't, lol. I'm not sure it really changes that much, though. Classic was hard 16 years ago, with wooden PCs, players having no clue and no 1.12. You don't need good gear or consumables to storm through Classic content now. So as long as raid loggers come prepared enough that they are pulling their own weight, I'd say it's just fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

i don't think this is a hot topic, i think its people thinking the guys who only log for raid don't do much for the guild the rest of the time, of which its like.. i want 40 people in my raid if a couple don't always login i'm okay if they turn up to raid and do well.. and help us clear it faster, when it comes to 25/10m you can be abit more picky but 40 people you can't be as choosy.. unless you can of which case go ahead.. but you might blow up the guild when one day dave wants to play something else during downtime and didn't help bobs 5th alt get ony attuned so he got punted from the raid.
    Dragonflight Nerfs vs fun again show a Blizzard that hasn't learnt a lesson, Actions speak louder than words afterall watch what they do and do not do.

10+ Year Old Account
    no
    /10chars.

Raidloggers was always loathed upon in serious raiding guilds, just replace them with people who want to play the game.

If they have lost interrest in all other aspects, their overall interrest in the game is too low.

10+ Year Old Account
    So as for 'what else would they do'... it depends on the guild. Mostly the issue is that consumables are still kind of pricey (on my server at least) compared to sources of gold and a lot of the flasks take rare mats like Black Lotus. If you raid log and still bring your own consumables, thats fine. If you expect the guild to provide them or just don't use any, that can be an issue. It might NOT be... classic raids are pretty easy and it's not like you need to flask, food buff etc to kill stuff.

Really what it comes down to is does the raid logger carry their own weight? If they do, eh. If not... that's the real problem.

Yeah what people really deserve when they get home from a hard days work is to log on WoW and get told they don't get loot in raids because they don't have time to log on every night to camp flight masters and laugh at memes with 19 year old kids who have no responsibilities.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Good way to kill your guild if you do that. I personally raid logg because classic only has raids and nothing else for me.

Quote Originally Posted by epLe View Post
    Raidloggers was always loathed upon in serious raiding guilds, just replace them with people who want to play the game.

If they have lost interrest in all other aspects, their overall interrest in the game is too low.
    That's just wild accusations. "Serious raiding guilds" don't care about anything other than your raid performance. How long you are logged in for and what else you're doing is relevant only insofar it actually impacts raid performance. If someone only logs in to get consumables/buffs and keep their gear on par through things that might improve it outside of raid, that's the end of it.

If someone DOESN'T perform in raid or doesn't come with consumables etc. then that's a problem, but only because of that; not because of how much they log in outside of raids.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xpose View Post
    Should raid loggers get low prio on gear?
    It's an excellent idea, if you want to kill your raid team.

Back in the good old days, we awarded DKP for players who donated raid consumables, mats etc to the guild.

However, ask yourself this, would you still be killing the bosses without the raid loggers? I mean, let’s take this to it’s logical conclusion... (assuming you’re not using a DKP system), you need the raid logger for field a full raid, but you screw them on loot, so they stop showing up entirely and no one gets anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Until AQ40, it makes no sense to enforce any real level of seriousness upon anyone. All this would do is kill your raid team. If you want to be hardcore, retail's a better fit for you.

Quote Originally Posted by epLe View Post

Or the overall game just sucks. Either or.

Still, I was one of the top performers in my guild when raid logging was empowered and the fact that the thing my guild struggled with the most was getting people who were actually competent enough to do DPS and not die.

It's like being lebron and not wanting to hang out with the team or do press conferences. Sometimes you're too good and valuable enough on your own to not need to give back "more" than just logging in for the raid.

Help with what exactly? Make the guildchat more interesting in offraid times? Help your alts get gear? Help you not be bored?

If they joined a raid group to raid and bring their own enchants/consumables (if your guild takes those), that seems totally fine to me. I don't think forcing them to socialice beyond that will make anyone happy.
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

5+ Year Old Account
    No I don't think so, if they perform well during the raids.

Of course raidloggers might not be able to afford consumes/flasks etc and therefore won't quite perform like those who can.

But as a rule? No. Raid loot goes to people who raid, so the raid becomes stronger while raiding. Assuming raidloggers perform like non raid loggers, what reason is there to not give them the same priority? The guild does not really benefit from people being slightly stronger in pvp or more efficient while farming.
    Last edited by enigma77; 2020-02-27 at 06:39 AM.