Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaneiac View Post
    Classic wow in china, as retail, is operated by it's own team who licenses it from Blizzard.

There's always differences.

Do you remember back during Cata and Mists when they had 2 lockouts a week?
    Also when they could buy bonus roll tokens for real money essentially

Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    Also when they could buy bonus roll tokens for real money essentially
    Yeah, i also found this reddit thread very interesting.

https://www.reddit.com/r/classicwow/..._got_ssf_lmao/

The boomking got an amazing item.
    A user asked him what was the Guild's loot system
    He answered "GKP"...whatever that means...does it mean "gold kill points" ??? Because he said it cost him "gold" and that it isnt bannable in china.

All very interesting.

- - - Updated - - -

Wait a second...i've been calm so far because i thought this was a troll post...

But if you visit the china official site...OH its there:

https://www.wowchina.com/zh-cn/

Im more worried now...
    P-p-p-p-probably just for China? Please...right?

it was bound to happen .

still i would much prefer if they put char boosts into classic then wow tokens.

guess gonna have to wait few more months for it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Hahahahhaha.

Anyway, WoW is one big money grab for a long time now.
    It's a good thing, will fund development. I don't care, i just play for my own fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Devilyaki View Post
    Problem with this is the ah will just get more expensive cause more people will have gold.
    That's not how the token works at all though. It merely redistributes the gold, it doesn't generate gold.

It could theoretically inflate the economy, but only assuming people who are currently farming gold and just hoarding it instead spend it on tokens for game time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Addiena
    Whats the saying .. You have two brain cells and they are both fighting for third place !

Very unsurprising if it makes it to places outside of China.

Most people are wrong.

It is players want it !
    It is not Blizzard wants money.

The next thing, PLAYERS want to buy gear with money.
    Again, it is not Blizzard wants money.

Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post
    Most people are wrong.

It is players want it !
    Blizzard doesn't want money.
    I also laughed at the "we heard the feedback and..."
    What a handful of bulllllllcrap.

7+ Year Old Account
    If so ... massive AH inflation of course.
    This means that (just as today in retail) new (or old) players who won't or can't afford to spend rl money on gold are SoL.
    So yeah ... it'll change Classic completely. For better or worse but change it will.

Quote Originally Posted by Stickiler View Post
    That's not how the token works at all though. It merely redistributes the gold, it doesn't generate gold.

It could theoretically inflate the economy, but only assuming people who are currently farming gold and just hoarding it instead spend it on tokens for game time.
    But tokens have consequences for the game.

Such as...having money meaning literally nothing now.
    Rare items? No longer rare.

Everything will be a crap show...specially in the classic environment where everything has meaning.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post

He answered "GKP"...whatever that means...does it mean "gold kill points" ??? Because he said it cost him "gold" and that it isnt bannable in china.
    One would assume it's just another acronym for GDKP, which has been around forever. You bid gold on the items instead of points, and the gold goes into a pot that is either given out to raiders at the end or funds guild costs.

Unlike Diablo 3's RMAH, it is not like Blizzard create fake players and gold, and sell it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    One would assume it's just another acronym for GDKP, which has been around forever. You bid gold on the items instead of points, and the gold goes into a pot that is either given out to raiders at the end or funds guild costs.
    I had no idea this was a thing...sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    I tried a few times, and really like it.
    Then one day, the guy who organizes the run got banned. Because people give gold to him, then he gives gold evenly back to all players.
    Blizzard thinks that he is a gold seller.
    Only Blizzard can sell gold

Quote Originally Posted by Stickiler View Post

Exactly this, stop saying its gonna affect prices somehow dramatically.

All very interesting.

- - - Updated - - -

Wait a second...i've been calm so far because i thought this was a troll post...

But if you visit the china official site...OH its there:

https://www.wowchina.com/zh-cn/

Im more worried now...
    P-p-p-p-probably just for China? Please...right?
    So what he meant by gold is actually something that was in the game until probably cataclysm but it was definitely a big thing in wrath

You see back then you would get 25 people into a group and this group would do 25 heroic Lich King and out of those 25 people about half or so were fully geared and ready to clear it the rest were there for loot

A boss ties and let’s say the acts drops from the first boss or whatever so it Goes for bid

The person ends up making an offer of 30,000 gold which is traded to the loop master and most of the time the head guy for the group

There is also an entrance fee of around 15,000 gold

Now at the end of a full clear let’s say a total gold amount of 500,000 has been made counting all items and all offers

That 500,000 gold is then split between the players equally so each player would get 20,000 gold

What this essentially meant is that if you didn’t need any gear you would run the Raid simply for the massive amount of gold that you would get because keep in mind in wrath 20,000 gold was a decent chunk of change

You would then also be able to bring in a secondary character and gear them up

And before anyone comments the reason why they’re spacing like this and no punctuation it’s because I’m using voice to text because I don’t really have a free hand right now

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post
    I tried a few times, and really like it.
    Then one day, the guy who organizes the run got banned. Because people give gold to him, then he gives gold evenly back to all players.
    Blizzard thinks that he is a gold seller.
    Only Blizzard can sell gold
    Well they also had a guy that would do this in wrath and scammed people out of millions and I mean millions of gold I think at one point he had every character on his realm gold cat along with invincible and completely 25 man heroic geared with achievements and he would sell those accounts so blizzard kind of has a reason to think that things are fishy

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    But tokens have consequences for the game.

Such as...having money meaning literally nothing now.
    Rare items? No longer rare.

Everything will be a crap show...specially in the classic environment where everything has meaning.
    The consequences on retail were almost entirely positive. Those problems you predict didn't come to pass. So I see no reason to fear them in Classic.

So what he meant by gold is actually something that was in the game until probably cataclysm but it was definitely a big thing in wrath

You see back then you would get 25 people into a group and this group would do 25 heroic Lich King and out of those 25 people about half or so were fully geared and ready to clear it the rest were there for loot

A boss ties and let’s say the acts drops from the first boss or whatever so it Goes for bid

The person ends up making an offer of 30,000 gold which is traded to the loop master and most of the time the head guy for the group

There is also an entrance fee of around 15,000 gold

Now at the end of a full clear let’s say a total gold amount of 500,000 has been made counting all items and all offers

That 500,000 gold is then split between the players equally so each player would get 20,000 gold

What this essentially meant is that if you didn’t need any gear you would run the Raid simply for the massive amount of gold that you would get because keep in mind in wrath 20,000 gold was a decent chunk of change

You would then also be able to bring in a secondary character and gear them up

And before anyone comments the reason why they’re spacing like this and no punctuation it’s because I’m using voice to text because I don’t really have a free hand right now
    This is amazing! I had no idea this existed.
    Reminds me of Robin Hood

The guy on the thread said "is not bannable in china"...so is bannable here?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Raelbo View Post
    The consequences on retail were almost entirely positive. Those problems you predict didn't come to pass. So I see no reason to fear them in Classic.
    Please give me a list of the positives...please.

This is amazing! I had no idea this existed.
    Reminds me of Robin Hood

The guy on the thread said "is not bannable in china"...so is bannable here?

- - - Updated - - -

Please give me a list of the positives...please.

It is not something that will lead to a ban unless there is proof that you scammed people

Also I don’t think how a token could work in classic and I’m pretty sure at some point you would probably see a blizzard developer saying that a token would not come to classic again we just have to look at the stuff in China and provide feedback on the official forms without flaming without swearing just stating facts such as a token will hurt the classic experience

It is not something that will lead to a ban unless there is proof that you scammed people

Also I don’t think how a token could work in classic and I’m pretty sure at some point you would probably see a blizzard developer saying that a token would not come to classic again we just have to look at the stuff in China and provide feedback on the official forms without flaming without swearing just stating facts such as a token will hurt the classic experience
    Im already having a meltdown...this is the LFR situation all over again. Is the same exact discussion.

Whats the difference between implementing LFR in classic wow and a WoW Token? Nothing. There is no difference. Is the same exact thing.

Both things give you the ability to SKIP a major part of the game.

*forum posters insert the question* "What do you care how others play the game? Thats their business"

See? See? See? This is LFR all over again.
    The same exact thing.

(i need to calm down...this is probably just for China)