Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Visions are fun. Remove the gating though, let people play if they want too. Let people make it as HARD as they want too.

Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    You have a cap of 5 vessels + 2 in currency and perhaps more assuming you never open your weekly chest that has 1 vessel in (haven't tried if this works btw). The Legion currency was abundant and without special considerations. If you won, you didn't have to replay it.
    Abundant if you did world quests, yes. If you only sticked to content that's actually good, you had 0.

Quote Originally Posted by BabyCatjuh View Post
    Bullshit. One of the mobs threw you off the platform. Can't remember if it were the eyes or the infernals, but it wiped me many many times on some classes.
    The Twins challenge also had a few one shot mechanics in the form of the guy throwing you off the platform or just 1-hitting you. Also part of the mechanics in the final phase had you prevent a big add from being spawned which, if memory serves, was also a one shot mechanic.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Which you would only have to beat it once and you were done, never having to see it again. Whereas Visions have mounts, pets, toys, enchant illusions, transmogs, and hardmodes.
    All of those suck, the weapon skins are way better.

Mage tower was way better, fights tunned for each spec, good rewards, easy to get currency, an actual challenge.

Visions are ok, horribly tunned across different specs, cosmetic rewards are beyond meh, needs to be repeated over and over again just to upgrade your cloak.

Quote Originally Posted by Schmilblick View Post
    - Seven different versions which means less repetitive
    - Not gated behind a crappy gated item, that you need to upgrade every week
    - Unique cool skin weapon rewards
    I disagree.

Yes, Mage Tower was better. Both when it comes to accessibility and that there were different ones. Not to mention the awesome weapon skin reward you got.

But Horrific Vision is also fun. It's repetitive because it's made to be like that though, Mage Tower was a complete and be done with it kinda thing. If they manage to get something from both Mage Tower and Horrific Vision and make Torghast great then we get the best from both worlds. More replayability, awesome rewards and something that's challenging.

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    Did he? Can't remember... remember him explaining it's scenario based content that can be done solo or up to 5 people with emphasis on that it being solo content for those who wanted. My guess people took solo content and then thought it would be like mage tower... considering the entire premise is that it's a scenario in orgrimmar and SW should tell everyone that it's completely different from ONE fight that the mage tower was.
    Mage tower wasn't one fight.

I enjoy visions slightly more, but they have a lot of room to improve. For example, doubling mob & boss health and doubling the amount of time would make it feel more strategic instead of favoring high AoE and movement classes.

Quote Originally Posted by BeepBoo View Post
    Dude, again, I'm telling you you are wrong. The valk lines would one shot. I died like 10 times to them. Dude would 1 shot me when berserking. In addition, there was also healing you had to do and fuck using WoG, so I had to hard-cast my heals. I also just used my actual raid gear, and didn't cherry pick leggos for what I thought would actually be more helpful (this is on me, but fuck the idea of trying to compensate specifically for a type of content by changing my gear or talents tbh).

Again, you probably never had to deal with these overlaps because your fight times were probably a lot shorter. My fight took damn near 15 minutes, thanks to my maximum theoretical DPS being so low, thanks to actually doing the challenge when it was... challenging.

Exactly my thoughts.

I would have appreciated the ability to go back into a completed mage tower challenge, though, just to see the difference, or try to perfect my run, etc. However, having something that was finally one-and-done was a refreshing change.
    Are we talking about the fight in halls of valor? I killed it first try on my paladin, I didn't actively try to avoid anything because I had no idea what was even going on. Thought she was doing insane damage but still killed her. When I went there on my rogue I just spammed feint with legendary legs and tanked pretty much everything.

Quote Originally Posted by MakeMeLaugh View Post
    All of those suck, the weapon skins are way better.

Mage tower was way better,
    140% subjective. I, for one, love the void weapon enchant and the mount from the mail boxes. The pets also are nice as they are still worth a decent amount of gold in the AH.

fights tunned for each spec, good rewards, easy to get currency,
    "Good rewards" is subjective, and "easy to get currency"? You can easily get 5 vessels each week.

an actual challenge.
    Have you tried the Visions with 3-5 masks active, yet?

Why people insist on making this comparison? both mage tower and visions are baby tier content after you outgear them and/or are far enough in the tree/cloak.

The same comparison comes up every time "mage tower was better cause trasmooooogs", if you got this from another source you wouldnt be making this dumb thread.

- - - Updated - - -

an actual challenge.
    Let me guess, you got your first 5 mask clear this week? or even worse not yet? you probably outgeared mage tower too before doing them, pitiful.
    Last edited by Frozenbro; 2020-02-27 at 04:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Schmilblick View Post
    - Seven different versions which means less repetitive
    - Not gated behind a crappy gated item, that you need to upgrade every week
    - Unique cool skin weapon rewards
    I'm not sure why we're even comparing them, they're almost nothing alike.

5+ Year Old Account
    I quite enjoy both, but mage tower was way more stressful and rewarding.
    Kupo.

Quote Originally Posted by Kehego View Post
    There were no oneshots in any mage tower, save the healer challenge when a character (you had to heal) died.
    4 months is pretty fine for a random alt, I'd think.

Overlaps in mechanics? lol wait till you got leaden foot+ split personality on magister umbric. that's far more difficult than anything any of the dps challenges threw at you.
    Actually there were my man. Just shows how blund you are, the range kiting mage tower was one shotted by so many people, i 2 shotted it on my offspecc.

Tank tower was bugged as fuck, good expierence bruh.

Visions -> nothing -> shit mage tower

10+ Year Old Account
    Kinda late and probably already been said, but the Mage Tower was also gated...it wasn't always up and required a currency to enter.

I do prefer the Mage Tower overall, but the Visions are great too. Definitely offer a decent challenge with the masks.

Mage Tower was time-gated too... Stop glorifying things from other expansions. The mind always glorifies earlier days.

140% subjective. I, for one, love the void weapon enchant and the mount from the mail boxes. The pets also are nice as they are still worth a decent amount of gold in the AH.

"Good rewards" is subjective, and "easy to get currency"? You can easily get 5 vessels each week.

Have you tried the Visions with 3-5 masks active, yet?
    I've done 5 masks solo and duo and I do not raid or run 15's, it was pretty easy. Easy to get currency yes, 5 vessels is just for 5 runs, you could get enough MT currency for pretty much infinite runs without even trying.

They made weapon skins for what, 36 specs? All of them very unique and detailed, and I'm not even counting the recolors. Rewards from visions are also not tied to accomplishing from what I noticed, I just get spammed rewards to me and they are all very simple. The only one would be the achievement mount.

Visions are not bad, but they are definitely a downgrade from what mage tower offered.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbro View Post
    Let me guess, you got your first 5 mask clear this week? or even worse not yet? you probably outgeared mage tower too before doing them, pitiful.
    I did in fact complete two 5 masks runs this week and it wasn't hard. I don't even raid or run 15's. I did MT for all specs during the expansion, but my first one was during the first mage tower on my 5th try.

They made weapon skins for what, 36 specs? All of them very unique and detailed, and I'm not even counting the recolors. Rewards from visions are also not tied to accomplishing from what I noticed, I just get spammed rewards to me and they are all very simple. The only one would be the achievement mount.

Visions are not bad, but they are definitely a downgrade from what mage tower offered.
    Weapon skins, of which you can only use three per character, and to unlock them all you have to do the MT trials THIRTY-SIX times (assuming you beat them all on the first try), plus the fact you'd have to gear up all thirty-six specs from twelve classes. And, again, those rewards are spec-specific, meaning that my warrior won't be able to use the rewards gained from my paladin's MT trials. While my warrior will be able to use the weapon enchant illusion my paladin gained from Horrific Visions, for example.

Weapon skins, of which you can only use three per character, and to unlock them all you have to do the MT trials THIRTY-SIX times (assuming you beat them all on the first try), plus the fact you'd have to gear up all thirty-six specs from twelve classes. And, again, those rewards are spec-specific, meaning that my warrior won't be able to use the rewards gained from my paladin's MT trials. While my warrior will be able to use the weapon enchant illusion my paladin gained from Horrific Visions, for example.
    Yes, and I had fun lvling my alts and gearing them to do mage tower and I'm fine the rewards being spec specific, with a few exceptions. Rewards being class wide doesn't make them better, that makes no sense. MoP challenge sets were great and they are class specific as well and also much better than current vision rewards.

They are two different things. It's not like trying to compare Ny'alotha vs Antorus (spoiler alert: Ny'alotha is fine, but Antorus was better).

I liked the tower, and I was glad I needed to do it just once per spec.

Visions are a different thing, I like them too. I do them solo as a balance druid, but I like the option to be able to help your friends (my son has never been able to do a full clear, he doesn't know but I'll help him today).