Page 34 of 67 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    Well, this week's combination of corruption effects is probably the least impactful possible. If you've collected the masks, this feels like a great time to attempt a five mask full clear for the mount.

At 447 ilvl with rank 11 cloak and one mask I was able to easily full clear Orgrimmar this week on my first shot, with a ton of sanity to spare -- didn't even use my last orb or the free revive.

Unfortunately I only snagged one mask from Stormwind last week since I ran out of essences.
    Yes, Stormwind has always been a major pain compared to Orgrimmar.

I haven't checked the corruption effects after reset yet, but will get back to my solo pushing tonight.

My main DH is in 446 with an 11 cloak - pretty much the same as yours - so I hope to see similar results.
    HORRIFIC VISIONS SOLO - CASUAL GEAR

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3v...fz8ZVIrd4sOgvw

Well, this week's combination of corruption effects is probably the least impactful possible. If you've collected the masks, this feels like a great time to attempt a five mask full clear for the mount.

At 447 ilvl with rank 11 cloak and one mask I was able to easily full clear Orgrimmar this week on my first shot, with a ton of sanity to spare -- didn't even use my last orb or the free revive.

Unfortunately I only snagged one mask from Stormwind last week since I ran out of essences.
    450ilvl DH, I cleared Org with 1 mask (to collect the two I was missing) and didn't need to use a single orb though I did at the end to be 'safe'. Five is drastically more difficult, especially with FR and all the moving around. It'll be quite a bit easier when we get 80% sanity reduction. I do not have the sanity boosting things picked, those are my last three (four technically).

I think they're really fun, though I imagine it will get stale soon now that you can roflstomp 5mask runs with a bit of gear and Titan research. I don't like how long it takes to get mementos due to the grind of getting vessels but hey what can you do. Also to comment specifically on the viability of shamans, I hit 120 on my shaman on Monday, and have completed almost a full run (2 corrupted 1 lost zone) with no masks in 440gear with rank 5 cloak as solo ele. It's not ideal but very doable, and I imagine that resto wouldn't be bad, especially if you take some igneous potentials and just turret stuff down with the reduced hp. Anyway, I digress, I think they're a lot of fun and I have enjoyed pushing higher and higher, but I wish there was a way to progress beyond 5masks, maybe in a m+ or Diablo GR kind of way to see how high I can go before it gets mathematically impossible, though I do love how each tier of difficulty with the masks introduces new mechanics instead of just bigger numbers.
    Last edited by Mashingspoon; 2020-02-26 at 10:32 PM. Reason: Typo

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    The timer IS the difficulty.
    wrong! a timer is NOT difficulty. just take a look at visions where the timer is called sanity and then take a look at m+ and you will realize how WRONG you are to claim a timer is a difficulty.

Quote Originally Posted by tmamass View Post
    wrong! a timer is NOT difficulty. just take a look at visions where the timer is called sanity and then take a look at m+ and you will realize how WRONG you are to claim a timer is a difficulty.
    Remove the sanity and see how difficult it is, oh wait, then there is no difficulty, you can take your time on everything and nothing in the actual instance is dangerous. Half the masks don't even do anything then.

Right, the content is trivial if you don't try to clear it super-fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Dystemper View Post
    I stopped doing them, especially stormwind. Boring as fuck and I really hate timed content like this . Hate fighting against the clock content .
    well its a clock you can control eventually the more level your leg cloak has...

but you right its boring as hell, we are at level 12 on 15 now and the next 3 level will be a long grinding

at least you are not forced to do the mask option unless you want a mount but who care for a long snake when you have already hundreds of mount already :P

"Enjoy" is a strong word, MiiiMiii. I most certainly do not enjoy Horrific Visions.

Maybe it's a theme? Or in general, a time gated content? Who knows, never played them more than 10 times across all characters.

one of the mask put your insanity at 50% of max sanity, without a rank 15 cloak, i doubt you can do it or in mythic stuff actually maybe

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    Yes, seriously, I'm sitting on a pile of alts that are collecting dust after being levelled, because bringing them to any end game is a pita. So they're just waiting for shadowlands. Also using them for some profession crafts that's all.

Levelling is the least problem of any character.

In Legion I actually had reasons to play multiple alts, like mage tower and class mounts.
    the best expansion was WoD actually, the end game was friendly and casual not like legion or bfa... i miss WoD for that, blizzard should stop making end game content anti-friendly for the alts

Quote Originally Posted by kaintk View Post
    the best expansion was WoD actually, the end game was friendly and casual not like legion or bfa... i miss WoD for that, blizzard should stop making end game content anti-friendly for the alts
    Tbh if WOD had 3 major patches instead of 1 it wouldn't be a bad expansion. But WOD also had some classes much more fun to play (looking at MM hunter and Spriest for example). 1 problem I have with specs atm is not only many of them are overpruned, but they literally feel like missing parts of their design that is gated behind specific azerite traits and essences. So playing alts that don't have all that feels crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Remove the sanity and see how difficult it is, oh wait, then there is no difficulty, you can take your time on everything and nothing in the actual instance is dangerous.
    Thanks for admitting the point that a timer is not a difficulty

Quote Originally Posted by tmamass View Post
    Thanks for admitting the point that a timer is not a difficulty
    The timer is what makes it more difficult, there would be nothing to visions without it. And you can influence it a lot, it's an in depth system with a lot of moving parts, many of those are player influenced.

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    Just finished my first 5 mask clear, the rank 12 cloak makes it so much more manageable - I can't comprehend how easy it will be when people have rank 15 cloaks. It actually feels more fun now than it did before, mostly because I'm getting a 470. I can't wait for Torghast if Visions are anything to go by

- - - Updated - - -

The 50% mask is basically a free mask, it doesn't make it any harder considering you spend half your time not losing sanity and get a free 200 sanity every 2 minutes. Out of the 5, only 2 are actually scary imo
    i dont have my full talent tree too, maybe its why i dont see happens for me for now

The 50% mask is basically a free mask, it doesn't make it any harder considering you spend half your time not losing sanity and get a free 200 sanity every 2 minutes. Out of the 5, only 2 are actually scary imo

I also cleared 5 masks solo, and putting on the 50% mask (as my 5th) actually made it quite a bit harder.
    - I get below 50% sanity more often (happens ~250 sanity below max, not ~500 sanity below max), so more adds spawn from the sub-50% sanity mask.
    - The margin for any errors become smaller. When I fucked up my routing and reached Rexxar with around 50% sanity (so ~250) - it was a real dilemma on whether I should waste a sanity orb to play it safe.

Whelp, I've given this an honest try. Rank 8 cloak, and I have about 8 vessels saved up now due to skipping SW week completely, just ran the first one of this week (after thinking a bit of time away from these would change my mind), and there's simply zero entertainment factor. The entire thing is a huge fucking headache focused on being as annoying as possible, even with elite extermination (and nfw am I going to grind out the rest of these mementos)

Back to M+ and leveling alts here and there.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Straight up garbage

It's funny how easy a 5-chest normal run has become now, 800 sanity left after Thrall, no orbs used, no revive either.
    Time to put those masks on and see how it goes (did a 50% sanity mask 2 weeks ago, it was fairly easy).

Just finished my first 5 mask clear, the rank 12 cloak makes it so much more manageable - I can't comprehend how easy it will be when people have rank 15 cloaks. It actually feels more fun now than it did before, mostly because I'm getting a 470. I can't wait for Torghast if Visions are anything to go by

- - - Updated - - -

The 50% mask is the most impactful out of all of them. You basically have 5100 total max sanity normally but that mask turns it to 2800 with no room for error if you get stunned somehow and combo'd by a boss's sanity draining attacks. Doing a 4 mask without it should be easier than a 3 mask with the 50% one on.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ID811717 View Post
    I also cleared 5 masks solo, and putting on the 50% mask (as my 5th) actually made it quite a bit harder.
    - I get below 50% sanity more often (happens ~250 sanity below max, not ~500 sanity below max), so more adds spawn from the sub-50% sanity mask.
    - The margin for any errors become smaller. When I fucked up my routing and reached Rexxar with around 50% sanity (so ~250) - it was a real dilemma on whether I should waste a sanity orb to play it safe.
    Curious how you, or anyone really, deals with Rexxar. He seems like the most troublesome boss in all the HV. Most people I see in full 5 mask clears just burn him down before his pets can drain to much sanity. But that's not really possible for me since those people deal double the DPS that I do somehow.
    Last edited by Very Tired; 2020-02-28 at 09:02 AM.

Now that the time pressure is largely gone I'm... Well, in still not enjoying them as they still feel a bit repetitive, but now that I can basically ignore the timer they are tolerable. Still not going to run more than a couple a week though, I'm in no rush to upgrade the cloak.

Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    Curious how you, or anyone really, deals with Rexxar. He seems like the most troublesome boss in all the HV. Most people I see in full clears just burn him down before his pets can drain to much sanity. But that's not really possible for me since those people deal double the DPS that I do somehow.
    Wondering the same, asked a dps friend and he was like "just burn it with azerite beam", well cool, I can't use it as a tank so any other ideas?