Thread: Baldurs Gate 3

Lookin' good. Very excited.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Its a very larian game. A bit too much for my taste.
    Yeah i feel that too. Well see probably get it anyways but much prefer realtime with pause systems and feel like older baldurs gate games, pillars of eternity and pathfinder games.
    Do you hear the voices too?

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    Yeah i feel that too.
    Watching rest of it at the moment and its very clear this is divinity 3 not baldurs gate 3.

Also, the UI is very clusterfucky with "all out" approach.

Watching rest of it at the moment and its very clear this is divinity 3 not baldurs gate 3.
    Yeah pretty much, looks way to similar to me.
    Do you hear the voices too?

10+ Year Old Account
    It looks really nice, I cannot wait. Love the detail.

I agree with most sentiment that it looks more like a Divinity game and not a Baldurs game, but its been so long since we saw a Baldurs game I am not even sure what a Baldurs Gate game is supposed to look like these days lol :P
    Last edited by Orby; 2020-02-27 at 08:59 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    It looks really nice, I cannot wait. Love the detail.

I agree with most sentiment that it looks more like a Divinity game and not a Baldurs game, but its been so long since we saw a Baldurs game I am not even sure what a Baldurs Gate game is supposed to look like these days lol :P
    Well i just finished ID, and im halfway through first BG so im pretty sure not like whatever this is.

I mean larian is having bigger boner for enviroment interaction than people in 3D realms when they were showing light switches in duke for a first time.

Also is party limited to 4 people or is it just UI?
    Last edited by Arrashi; 2020-02-27 at 09:03 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well i just finished ID, and im halfway through first BG so im pretty sure not like whatever this is.

I mean larian is having bigger boner for enviroment interaction than people in 3D realms when they were showing light switches in duke for a first time.

Also is party limited to 4 people or is it just UI?
    I am not sure, I am still willing to wait and see though. I personally wanna see more of the lore and the story going into it see if it feels very Baldurs Gatey. The game looks fine to me and its won me there. Its the others stuff we don;t see that I want to know about :P

Divinity: Original Sin 3: Baldur's Gate.

Well, I played BG and BG2 back in the day. They were great.

No idea who Larian are as a game dev. No interest in 5th edition (I played 3.5, and then went on to Pathfinder rather than the newer D&D editions). Overall, I guess it has just been long enough with enough different systems and games that I can't find the excitement for a game series I would've paid $100 for the next installment of 5-10 years ago. Something just feels off about the trailer compared to old BG as I felt/played it.

I love Divinity and i will love their new game.
    Personally i think they made HUGE mistake naming it BG3. So many people will be mad.
    They could use 'Divinity: Stories from Baldur's Gate' or something similar and everyone would be happy.

BG's story/world using Divinity's engine with DND combat rulesets. Sounds fantastic to me.

Dude missed a 90% roll, hit a 45% one, then killed an intellect eater by throwing his boot at it. Everyone in the party then got killed. Imma buy this game on release.

7+ Year Old Account
    Well, it was pretty obvious it will look similar to DD, Larian goes for familiar systems. Heavy environmental interaction was also announced (and what's wrong with it?). Also, 4 man parties been a thing since NWN2, so nothing really new here.
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2020-02-27 at 09:24 PM.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Turn-based combat, thank god! Can't stand real time pause system. Lucly me. Not so much for people with the opposite taste. I wonder if it is possible to make an RPG with both systems, you just switch what you want in options.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pury View Post
    Turn-based combat, thank god! Can't stand real time pause system. Lucly me. Not so much for people with the opposite taste. I wonder if it is possible to make an RPG with both systems, you just switch what you want in options.
    Well, Obsidian did it in Deadfire. Turn based had many flaws there, but it was implemented after the release, so that's that.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

The turn based combat was fantastic in Divinity: Original Sin 2 and it looks really good in this game as well. Details on Armor, environment, hair etc. look really good. Animations are still a bit stiff but overall I'm very positively surprised.

7+ Year Old Account
    So fucken glad it's turn based! That's all I wanted to hear , definitely picking this one up on release. It looks good and enjoyed seeing the combat system as well as how dialogues are handled.

Quote Originally Posted by Pury View Post
    I kinda like it when I just issue general commands, and the characters just handle it by themselves. I really HATE to babysit each character through each action.

I like to step in only when it's a hard fight, else I just tell them what to attack, and sit back. Like for example Dragon Age: Origins, but that one had a very extensive way to program characters at which percentage to heal others, the tanks who to taunt, etc, so you could kinda play autochess in real time.
    Last edited by The Butt Witch; 2020-02-27 at 09:36 PM.

I am happy they went with systems closer to DOS. I recently replayed BG2 and all that dice rolling was really annoying. Can't wait to play it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mendzia View Post
    They could use 'Divinity: Stories from Baldur's Gate' or something similar and everyone would be happy.
    But divinity is it's own entire universe, same with baldur's gate.

That would be like saying "well they could just make wow in the frostbite engine and make it function like dragon age and call it Dragon Age: Warcraft"

On topic: I'M SO HYPED! I loved DOS:1&2. I love BG universe. I will definitely love this game.
    Last edited by BeepBoo; 2020-02-27 at 10:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BeepBoo View Post
    But divinity is it's own entire universe, same with baldur's gate.

That would be like saying "well they could just make wow in the frostbite engine and make it function like dragon age and call it Dragon Age: Warcraft"
    Sure... why not... but first ask BioWare if they bought Warcraft copyrights from Blizzard...
    No. It is not the same. D&D as an whole is much larger than Warcraft. There are many different games/books/tabletops from various publishers from that universe.