Page 35 of 67 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yes I do. As a guardian druid who just got 4/5 chests they're still a relevant challenge.

When 5/5+5 masks becomes easy... not sure if they're still be fun then. Hopefully.
    Quote Originally Posted by Akhlys View Post
    Once upon a time, boats were full of leaks. Now, our leaks are full of boats.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyux View Post
    Yes I do. As a guardian druid who just got 4/5 chests they're still a relevant challenge.

When 5/5+5 masks becomes easy... not sure if they're still be fun then. Hopefully.
    I don't think 5 masks will ever be a cakewalk. Especially not for the casual player doing less than optimal dps.

Nor should it seeing as it rewards 470 gear. I wouldn't count on getting to much help from upgrades. We should all have or about have filled out our entire HV research tree by now, and all we have after that is an extra 15% sanity drain reduction at rank 15.

Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    The 50% mask is the most impactful out of all of them. You basically have 5100 total max sanity normally but that mask turns it to 2800 with no room for error if you get stunned somehow and combo'd by a boss's sanity draining attacks. Doing a 4 mask without it should be easier than a 3 mask with the 50% one on.

- - - Updated - - -

Curious how you, or anyone really, deals with Rexxar. He seems like the most troublesome boss in all the HV. Most people I see in full 5 mask clears just burn him down before his pets can drain to much sanity. But that's not really possible for me since those people deal double the DPS that I do somehow.
    Not sure what class/spec you play but as a Rogue I really enjoy being able to change specs during the runs. I go Outlaw of course most of the HV but then on bosses like Rexxar I switch quickly to Assa and burn him down with a strong single target build bursting more than 100k dps. After that it’s back to Outlaw until the next boss

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    Make an alliance class trial and check the layout, afaik it uses Stormwind tileset without much modifications just adds mobs.

What I dislike about Org is you can't access "hard" area esp. Rexxar without passing through "medium" area so when the cloak quest inevitably shifts to the one where pages ONLY drop from hard areas you can't just zoom zoom do 2 hard areas and leave (talking about alts that don't care about full clear / mask runs).
    You don't need to complete the medium areas to get to hard. If you start out org by going left up the stairs and then continue past the elite you'll want to kill anyways for refreshed sanity you'll be straight at entrance to the hard area.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Those last upgrades will be quite significant, despite "only" growing by 5% each time. It's especially important against Daredevil, since 5% vs 400% multiplayer scales even faster than normal, especially with Longest Night. Rexxar pigs going down from 42 sanity to 36 might not seem much, but it will give you couple more shots before cheat death, which might just be enough to take him down. 65%->80% will be 13 void quills -> 23 quills to drain 575 sanity, which is enormous difference.

Still not fully trivial for "everyone", but each stage will be a huge change for those who barely miss the mark.

I disliked them very much when I first did them, because I main Holy Priest and I tried doing them as Holy. It was very difficult and slow and I wasted two Vessels without really getting anywhere. I am very much against the whole idea of needing alternate gear for different specs, so I had no gear for Shadow. So even when going to Shadow it was slow and difficult because my 2000+ Mastery Holy gear with azerite traits for Holy is of course as unoptimized for Shadow as can be.

But I bit the bullet and got two azerite pieces for Shadow and some rings and things with more crit on them, and I have now done a full run of Orgrimmar with all areas. That gave me enough to buy Gift of the Titans afterwards as well, so it will probably make it even smoother. Whether I will ever bother with this whole mask thing remains to be seen.

So now I am more neutral towards them. I still do not like timed content out of principle (I never do any mythic+ dungeons), but doing the visions just for the quest is painless enough that it's just another thing you do now, just like world quests.

I enjoy them a lot

Currently prepared for 4-5 mask solo when Orgrimmar is up next (been counting on my fingers what I can do to improve to get Mad World)

Unfortunately there's Stormwind... maybe it's just because as a horde player I lose time navigating... especially finding portals in mage quarter, but...

- So much extra clicking takes time
    - Umbric being a right pain
    - Alleria punishing melees

I'll get the mask I lack from mage quarter, and get the achievement for doing all 5 areas (without masks) and then I won't set foot in Stormwind again

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    Wondering the same, asked a dps friend and he was like "just burn it with azerite beam", well cool, I can't use it as a tank so any other ideas?

I just did a 4-masked run with my 453 ilvl alt, and i can't do enough dps to burn rexxar 100-0. So i just lightly pushed him to 80% and 60% hp, interrupted casts on first 2 adds and killed them. Then after 50% i popped all my cd's, cc'd 3rd add, and burned the boss. You can kill all 4 adds if you want to play the safest way, but then you will need 2+ minutes to kill the boss.
    Last edited by ArCaN1St; 2020-02-28 at 10:54 AM.

Do not enjoy. Every single new piece of content is designed to do basically without a healer, be it islands, visions, world quests, and even warfronts.

Sad to see as a healer who plays this game because of the great interactive aspect of holy trinity. And I believe the great success of this game is due to that trinity. If you remove it in so many content pieces you're ripping out the soul of this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Holymoely View Post
    Do not enjoy. Every single new piece of content is designed to do basically without a healer, be it islands, visions, world quests, and even warfronts.

Sad to see as a healer who plays this game because of the great interactive aspect of holy trinity. And I believe the great success of this game is due to that trinity. If you remove it in so many content pieces you're ripping out the soul of this game.
    There already are videos of 5-masked solo runs as a healer on youtube.

Quote Originally Posted by ArCaN1St View Post
    Yeah, but they are not HEALING they are just dpsing, that has nothing to do with core wow trinity gameplay.

And it is probably just the usual holy paladin and disc priest overpowered as fuck damage, I guess. Or did a holy priest actually clear it already?
    Last edited by Holymoely; 2020-02-28 at 11:04 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have been very much enjoying them.

This week I managed to 5 mask Orgrimmar. Now that I've done this however, it feels like that's it for progression in this horrific vision at least....where do I go from here?

I feel like I'll have a good chance to 5 mask Stormwind next week, or maybe it'll take a couple more rotations at least. But, once both are done sure I'll keep running them for the few remaining toys, mail muncher mount, and memento mount from Wrathion.

Quote Originally Posted by Arch0s View Post
    This week I managed to 5 mask Orgrimmar.
    A question. Did you notice a big difference between 4 and 5 mask? I guess the last mask was the Long Night.

After doing 4x 3 mask orgri clears this week (burned bridge, pained, dark imagination) with semi ease, I decided to try 4 mask it (daredevil). Honestly I didn't notice any difference, I even cleared it faster than my fastest 3 mask run somehow (probably well placed sanity potions and good gift of the titans procs).

Long Night though... I think it's such a huge increase of difficulty from 4 to 5 masks, it's not linear at all. For my 4 mask run, I was able to approach Rexxar with half sanity and 2 orbs, used an orb before engaging, nuked him, then waited in front of Thrall until my cd's recovered, used orb and nuked him. I didn't use the +500 sanity save. (speaking as balance druid). Doesn't -50% sanity on top of already +25% dmg and hp make it over twice as difficult?

I feel like I'll have a good chance to 5 mask Stormwind next week, or maybe it'll take a couple more rotations at least.
    I'm actually wondering if I'll even be able to do SW with 4 masks lol. Umbric is a bitch, and with Laeden Feet + additional madness it will be hella difficult.

Anyway, I'm going to do one more 4 mask orgri this reset and I'll have the technology (full research tree)

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arch0s View Post
    I have been very much enjoying them.

This week I managed to 5 mask Orgrimmar. Now that I've done this however, it feels like that's it for progression in this horrific vision at least....where do I go from here?

I feel like I'll have a good chance to 5 mask Stormwind next week, or maybe it'll take a couple more rotations at least. But, once both are done sure I'll keep running them for the few remaining toys, mail muncher mount, and memento mount from Wrathion.
    Having progression beyond 5 masks would just make the class imbalance even more obvious. Demon Hunters would crush (7) masks, while casters would stumble on 6th - and probably healers, too, if boss hp scaling would finally outpace Obsidian Claw.

Quote Originally Posted by Mokuna View Post
    It's boring and poorly designed (combat bugs, unavoidable combos like a knock into the paranoia thingy, alleria chain casting to the point melees spend half their time out of melee range), the last tier of sanity drain and the cloak sanity drain reduction at current level just make it trivial, also gating cloak upgrades behind a lot of visions just forces high end players to do their dailies, which is a kick in the balls when the ap farm just ended, the masks are more annoying that challenging and there is no real reason to use them right now

Overall it doesn't deliver on anything, it's grindy, it's repetitive, it's not challenging, it's not fun past the first few runs,it just feels like generic content to get character progression with unnecessary steps (would it have been that bad to get cloak upgrades from n'zoth directly ?)
    What does Alleria chain cast that keeps melee out of melee range the whole time? There’s Chains of Servitude, but really that’s it. Any kind of damage reduction/immunity aids against the void AoE (maybe not on high masks), so I’m not sure why people say things like this.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    Well, this week's combination of corruption effects is probably the least impactful possible. If you've collected the masks, this feels like a great time to attempt a five mask full clear for the mount.

At 447 ilvl with rank 11 cloak and one mask I was able to easily full clear Orgrimmar this week on my first shot, with a ton of sanity to spare -- didn't even use my last orb or the free revive.

Unfortunately I only snagged one mask from Stormwind last week since I ran out of essences.
    I managed a 5 mask clear on my Hunter. Think I went thru 3-4 vials to do it. Worst part in Org is Rexxar’s area and his pets. Being able to stealth or use food to reduce detection helps a lot as you pull the bear, stealth carefully (trial and error not stepping on bodies to spawn mobs) to the next elite and kill it, then one last pack before Rexxar. Rex himself is a bit of learning how much you can burn vs when you absolutely need to swap to the pets. If I ever got 3 out it was instant sanity loss. Other than that, I got extremely lucky as I had some very nicely timed procs for sanity drain immunity, which outweighed the bad luck I had of spawning the mob of “below 50% sanity,” every time I sat down to eat Sanity food.

Quote Originally Posted by Holymoely View Post

Maybe because people are fed up with having to wait around for god-given tanks and healers and just want to play the game.

7+ Year Old Account
    I don't like that I can't do them all the time. I think the content itself is okay, and I believe that this is more just a test to see whats good and what isn't for when we gain access to Torghast.

It is quite buggy though. A run got ruined for me because I got knocked into a place that is usually blocked off and it trapped me. I was already having a bad day and then that happened. Safe to say, I was pissed off lol.

Another time, when it loaded me in, the eyeballs and black screen before you enter just didn't go away. Thankfully I was in a group so I was able to log out and in without it instantly killing me. If I was solo, that would have been the end of the run.

Quote Originally Posted by ArCaN1St View Post
    Tried as holy priest its impossible, although my gear was ~450.

Tried as disc managed to kill end boss BUT very costly week on week to keep reforging holy azurite pieces to DISC.

In all right now its horrendous for priest.... errr ANY ALT spec due to the whole locked into azurite traits and you do really need to reforge to be viable or have different armour sets.

FYI: I have zero desire to be a shadow priest so before you mention NO I don't want to and NO I cant play it
    Last edited by Salystra; 2020-02-28 at 12:24 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Equim View Post
    I really don't see anything wrong with playing what you enjoy. Be it Frost, Fire, Arcane or Hello Kitty Island Adventure.

Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    Curious how you, or anyone really, deals with Rexxar. He seems like the most troublesome boss in all the HV. Most people I see in full 5 mask clears just burn him down before his pets can drain to much sanity. But that's not really possible for me since those people deal double the DPS that I do somehow.
    Just finished a 5 mask run for the first time yesterday, and yeah, I don't play a bursty enough spec either to just burn him with that amount of health, so just gotta take it slow. The adds spawn on set health intervals, so basically make sure to start off slow on Rexxar, then focus the adds at a rate that you have cc/interrupts up for their casts or save cd's to burn them rather than Rexxar.

Some healer specs are going to struggle more than others. Disc priest and Holy Paladins are by far the best healers to do 5 mask full clears with. It's actually unfortunate how trivial the rank 11 cloak made 5 masking visions. That buff from 50 -> 65% sanity loss really did a number on visions.

Shameless plug for my own complete full sweep of everything there was in the vision (chests, enemies & odd crystals) in 5-mask Orgrimmar here in case you're looking for something to compare to for help with how you might go about tackling the content. https://youtu.be/ZIj6i5-bsqE