Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    If you ever studied wars at all, probably the first thing that strikes you is how often the smaller or weaker group beats the bigger one.
    No actually, that isn't at all true.
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Narcissism is hell of a drug.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

For people like Donald Trump and Bloomberg? Ego.
    change can't wait.

10+ Year Old Account
    Trump has repeatedly said he will not accept the results if he loses. He means it. He won't go peacefully in any way whatsoever. Trump is strong enough politically to undo an election that he loses.
    is this where you implement your civil war fetish and form up your trump militia to take down the government?
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Wanting to be President at all just sounds shit.

Automatically like 60% of people hate you. Constantly in no win situations. Hard choices that often involve life and death. Having to live in DC most the year?

Yeah a hard pass. I don't need the money or prestige.

Trump has repeatedly said he will not accept the results if he loses. He means it. He won't go peacefully in any way whatsoever. Trump is strong enough politically to undo an election that he loses.
    Lmaoooo

Boy bye.
    change can't wait.

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    is this where you implement your civil war fetish and form up your trump militia to take down the government?
    Its not *my* idea (I've said that for the 100th time.) There's plenty of respected experts that see it.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

7+ Year Old Account
    Its not *my* idea (I've said that for the 100th time.) There's plenty of respected experts that see it.
    I'll say it for the 100th time too, it's impossible for their to be experts at predicting the future of complex systems. So there can be no such thing as an "expert" at predicting the future of human choices, democratic elections, ecological feedback, civil wars, the spread of disease, economic developments, etc, etc. Even with all the experts in the entire world, and with all the knowledge and data that exists everywhere, it still fundamentally doesn't make any sense that they could "see" what will happen ahead of time.

People can speculate, but nothing more.
    Last edited by PC2; 2020-02-27 at 10:40 PM.

To see whats really going on in Area 52

10+ Year Old Account
    If Trump loses in November, he ceases to be President on Jan 20, whether he admits it or not. At noon, January 2021, he'd be guilty of trespassing on White House property of he doesn't vacate.

Will he scream about how the election is rigged? Yes. Will one of his more frothing at the mouth cultists do something stupid? Probably. But the law will be against him.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    In General it's because as one ages you want to do something meaningful and give back for all the experience and life lessons you have learned and hopefully you help those coming forward, Unless you are Like Donald Trump.

Then you just get used to riding the Tails of people as corrupt as you, that will do anything for money, while looking stupid, avoiding questions. A life time spent lying to other so much his mind is a prison and the only place that looks safe is more power.

Lie, and Cheat for as long as you can as often.

Those are the only two kinds.

Most even though Misguided are of the first ilk.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Because that's how long it takes to build a strong enough political career and/or make enough political relations and gather a big enough popularity, to be able to be elected for the highest position in the country.

It's not always the person who is the most popular that gets the nomination in the first place, but the person who is accepted by the inner groups of a party, and trusted that they have a very good chance to win.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    In General it's because as one ages you want to do something meaningful and give back for all the experience and life lessons you have learned and hopefully you help those coming forward.
    AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow! Thanks for the laugh! This must be the most utterly delusional comment I have read in many months. To believe a politician, any politician, would seek out power in order to assist his people first and foremost, and not because of the power itself, is beyond naive, like...having difficulties tying one's shoelaces level of naive.
    Last edited by The Butt Witch; 2020-02-28 at 01:03 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Buttwitch View Post
    Because that's how long it takes to build a strong enough political career and/or make enough political relations and big enough popularity, to be able to be elected for the highest position in the country.

It's not always the person who is the most popular that gets the nomination in the first place, but the person who is accepted by the inner groups of a party, and trusted that they have a very good chance to win.

- - - Updated - - -

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow! Thanks for the laugh! This must be the most utterly delusional comment I have read in many months. To believe a politician, any politician, would seek out power in order to assist his people first and foremost, and not because of the power itself, is beyond naive, like...having difficulties tying one's shoelaces level of naive.
    Yeah those who learned civic responsibility who's I'Q and Emotionally Development wasn't stifled to not actually think that power was a just something to write about or brag about.

Yes People, are idiot but people who run for office in-spite of themselves typically do so because they want to help. You completely not understanding that is pretty telling about yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    Yeah those who learned civic responsibility who's I'Q and Emotionally Development wasn't stifled to not actually think that power was a just something to write about or brag about.

Yes People, are idiot but people who run for office in-spite of themselves typically do so because they want to help. You completely not understanding that is pretty telling about yourself.
    AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please do continue. What else? CEOs of large companies are mostly interested in the welfare of their employees? Disney really cares about LGBT people? Real Communism was never tried? Hospitals care about the Hypocratic oath? 3rd world countries are completely safe to hike through?

I envy you. To live in such a sheltered bubble that allows a person to go through life without actually GOING through life...
    Last edited by The Butt Witch; 2020-02-28 at 01:13 PM.

Why would anyone want to be President at any age? Anyone skilled enough to win the election can make more money and get more power in lots of other ways without putting their entire life and their family and friends under a public microscope. I think all the candidates have to be very stupid and at least a little bit crazy and sociopathic. After years of watching election cycles, I am struck by the fact that many winners enter office genuinely believing that they can change things and make a real difference and seem to think only THEY can make "common sense" arguments to convince congress to go along with their plans. After about 100 days in office, new presidents quickly realize congress is full of jerks that won't do much of anything to help so the president then gets cynical and bitter pretty quick.

Trump was under no illusions of working with congress. He entered expecting a street fight from day one. He's a sociopath all the way. A very high functioning one.

Romney would have been mugged by reality quickly had he won in 2012 but because he didn't, he is still naive as hell.

McCain is like Romney.

Bush43 got mugged pretty quickly and repeatedly and I think it drove him to drink again and he's kinda lost his marbles in old age.

Bob Dole was like Romney.

Bush41 was trusting to a fault and everyone in Washington mugged him and he lost the election in a clueless daze. I think he never figured out what happened to him in 1992.

Reagan was a sociopath and just skirted the rules to get things done and then said "I don't recall" because the hell with Washington DC.

Hillary is a total sociopath of course.

Obama was naive and really thought he could do healthcare and then his own party meddled with it and almost lost the changes he did get. Barely snuck that thru and then he was done.

John Kerry is a sociopath that thinks is a great war leader or something.

Bill Clinton is a sociopath of course.

Mike Dukakis was naive and the 1988 election was funny with 2 clueless nominees.

Walter Mondale was naive.

Jimmy Carter was VERY naive.
    Not surprising that you don't know shit about what you are talking about.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Buttwitch View Post
    AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please do continue. What else? CEOs of large companies are mostly interested in the welfare of their employees? Disney really cares about LGBT people? Real Communism was never tried? Hospitals care about the Hypocratic oath? 3rd world countries are completely safe to hike through?

I envy you. To live in such a sheltered bubble that allows a person to go through life without actually GOING through life...
    Yes actually most do, even if the majority like yourself don't

Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post
    what about the most fit leader is the one who doesn't want to be it?
    Oh shush. This was the same logic that the Game of Throne show runners used to justify Jon Snow killing Daenerys. Same logic that saw Bran on the iron chair in the end as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    Oh shush. This was the same logic that the Game of Throne show runners used to justify Jon Snow killing Daenerys. Same logic that saw Bran on the iron chair in the end as well.
    Hey now you can't blame bad writing on a logical statement.

Please, you've got nothing but mere sentiment and innuendo.

Since I've seen it mentioned in this thread, I have to ask: What would realistically happen if Trump did refuse to acknowledge and accept a loss...? Like, wouldn't the military be on the side of the winner? And as for his zealots, they are zealots because he's commander in chief. The moment he lost, he'd just be Trump again.

So... Doesn't his not wanting to accept results just amount to a regular Trump Tantrum? Could there be actual ramifications?