Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Because back in the day it didn’t matter when stuff was released for example if they just gave you all of the raids on day one you would not see the final Raid cleared that week

They can release the Raid’s whenever they need to they can release the face whenever they need to doesn’t mean it’s going to be clear if you think that spreading out the content for no good reason is a good thing then you’re sorely mistaken

Quote Originally Posted by MrA View Post
    So Phase 4 is coming way early (assumed) then the player base thought it would happen.
    I hope you don't mind me putting a bit of emphasis on a key word in that sentence.

That said, are you really going off on a rant... based on an assumption?

I mean, the release schedule for Classic WoW's first two phases was never a secret (evidence #1, evidence #2, evidence #3) so it doesn't take a genius to come to the conclusion that the rest of the waves still set to "TBD" are going to take a similar interval.

I want TBC to come out as soon as possible, so by all means, release AQ and Naxx tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Belloc View Post
    I somehow doubt that most of the rest of the players are having problems, either. The content wasn't designed with the current spells and abilities in mind, after all, and is hardly the challenge that it once was.

This has nothing to do with what "the top" is doing. Any player struggling to keep up in Classic WoW either doesn't have time to play or isn't ever going to finish the harder Classic content.

Also, there's no game development here. The game was already developed. The content already exists. People want it. Read that last line again. People want it.

Do you want Classic to die? Because, it's probably going to die at some point, but I figure you don't want to be stuck in an empty world anytime soon, right? Well, fortunately, Blizzard pays people to figure out when the best time to release upcoming content is, so that you can have an active playerbase to enjoy the game with. So... stop worrying about what the players at the top are doing. I can guarantee you that Blizzard isn't. Their concern is keeping the game active and not losing players... and that's how they decide when to release content.
    Substitute "game development" with "speed of content releases". I kinda thought that was implied in what I said, but whatever.

Most guilds have not cleared BWL yet. If that fact is a surprise to you, you are out of touch. If your definition of "struggling to keep up in classic" is not yet cleared BWL 3 weeks in, you are out of touch.

I never said im worried about what the top players are doing, I said other people are.

It's like you skimmed every 3rd word of my post or something, christ.

The players make the game. Deal with it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beet View Post
    I’m sorry but what type of elitism are you talking about? This content isn’t hard. It just isn’t. Mythic raiding on BFA is hard. This stuff is silly. I’ll give you that clearing molten core in 20 minutes is hardcore as most people don’t want to stress that much and make mistakes. But homie it takes two nights a week to clear all the raid content. Eventually it will be done in one night for even regular guilds like mine.

I do agree though that that Blizz can take their time. Once Naxx is out that’s it. They need to let us breath with AQ40 when it finally is here.

- - - Updated - - -

But it isn’t the top. You’re acting like killing Ragnaros in October was something only elites could do. I literally made my own guild on Heartseeker from scratch when it opened up and we killed Ragnaros without seeing sons our first kill. We weren’t hardcore. We took anyone who applied to us.
    I've killed onyxia about 15 times and raggy 5 times so far and i havent gotten a single raid epic yet, it takes a while to get geared from these raids, most people are far from "done" with mc/ony and now has to spend an additional raid night per week doing bwl and thats not great at all, i went from 1 raid night a week to 3 raid nights a week now, had to stop playing because of it can't attend that much and my friends felt the same.. like in the old days just that the wow population is getting older and dont got time for it anymore.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    You make it sound like next phase removes mc and bwl.
    it kinda does since most wow players have limited time nowdays and only got time to invest in one type of raid tier and then the highest content will be chosen.

Except its already proven and shown that the classic wow pop is increasing each week. Not going down. The main cities on my servers get more populated with each passing day.

So you saying it is decreasing is just a lie.

- - - Updated - - -

Except you must run mc and other raids if your raid group wants the legendaries. The items to craft them only drop in the previous raids for the new legendary.

people who think content is "rushed" dont understand the vanilla mindset and it looks like they never will.

first of all, ZG is still part of the "BWL tier" as it is more of a supplemental/catch-up raid rather than a raid tier in and of itself. it also remains relevant for the entirety of classic thanks to the helm and leg enchantments.

2nd and most importantly, content releases were NEVER based around when the majority of players were "ready" for them in vanilla wow. they were released when blizzard decided they were ready. end of story. if you were still in MC when AQ was released, you continued to do MC until you could do BWL, and then AQ, and so on. and people were fine with that. the mentality that the entirety of the player base should "switch over" to the newest raid and leave everything else behind didnt come until WotLK which, im assuming, is probably when the people complaining started playing

Quote Originally Posted by Utrrabbit View Post
    Except its already proven and shown that the classic wow pop is increasing each week. Not going down.
    Proven by who? Im interested where you are getting this proof?

Quote Originally Posted by Djaye View Post
    the only reason people think its rushed is due to that they are comparing to the droughts that retail currently has been going through for the past 8 to 10 years with patches being 5-14 months between.

people have forgotten that blizz used to pump out content patches every 2-4 months until EA came along.
    they only pumped content so fast in vanila - BC had 3 raid patches in its duration, same as BFA

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Uvania View Post
    I've killed onyxia about 15 times and raggy 5 times so far and i havent gotten a single raid epic yet, it takes a while to get geared from these raids, most people are far from "done" with mc/ony and now has to spend an additional raid night per week doing bwl and thats not great at all, i went from 1 raid night a week to 3 raid nights a week now, had to stop playing because of it can't attend that much and my friends felt the same.. like in the old days just that the wow population is getting older and dont got time for it anymore.

- - - Updated - - -

it kinda does since most wow players have limited time nowdays and only got time to invest in one type of raid tier and then the highest content will be chosen.
    So what you are saying, is that because YOU cant complete content in a timely fashion, the rest of the world should just wait until YOU feel its time to move on?

Quote Originally Posted by Uvania View Post
    this has to stop.. almost all i know that arent hardcore raiders quitted playing due to all the elitism in Classic, we dont need this kind of people setting the pace of the content .
    All wow raiding was in vanilla was hardcore elitism. There was no other option...

10+ Year Old Account
    You didn't really think you were going to be playing classic as is.. for the next 10 years onwards, right?

They will have to keep adding/changing things to keep the game compelling. Doesn't matter if it's actually "new" content/change or "old" content/change.
    As long as there will be one of either.

The amount of people that would keep playing the game as is for a extended period of time talking years.. yeah that would be very slim.

Because people gobble up the content quickly and then want more.

Blizzards reports. Servers in classic are literally higher pop than every bfa server.

A classic low pop server has more players than any bfa high pop and this is taking into account cross realms in bfa.

Just play bfa and go in old contents, you will be able to all do them

Magic!

Classic was and will always be boring

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Blizzards reports. Servers in classic are literally higher pop than every bfa server.

A classic low pop server has more players than any bfa high pop and this is taking into account cross realms in bfa.
    lol no that’s not the case at all.

ZG is a 20man 3 day reset raid though, it’s a "filler" raid for gearing up before AQ. It’s literally nothing to worry about if you clear MC and BWL for months and months.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrA View Post
    So Phase 4 is coming way early (assumed) then the player base thought it would happen. Classic WoW was released on Aug 26th, 2019. Its been 6 months since release and will be 8 months when phase 4 comes out.

With the way we are going, we will have Naxx come November and Classic WoW wouldn't even be at its 1.5 year mark. Why is Blizzard rushing this content out?

I, myself, wouldn't mind if Phase 4 came out in July or Aug. I don't think 3.5 months of BWL before ZG(due by end April) is necessary. I hope I'm not alone on this.

https://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/...r-wow-classic/
    They rushing because ppl rushing isnt that obvious? BWL clreared in less than hour after realese. Tbh in classic there is nothin to do on max level instead of raiding and bg`s. Game base just need this rush to not get bored. I havent hit 60 because i just left the train so im literally left behind peleton and dont care abour realeses tbh :P
    Last edited by czarek; 2020-03-02 at 06:50 AM.

WTF are you talking about? They said the classic servers are bigger than anything from vanilla. Not BFA.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by czarek View Post
    They rushing because ppl rushing isnt that obvious? BWL clreared in less than hour after realese.
    Although not inaccurate, i would avoid using the hand full of guilds that cleared it in the first hour, and instead focus on the thousands of guilds that logged a full clear within the first 12 hours. One says "a tiny percentage of the player base cleared the content quickly" - the other says "thousands of guilds cleared it within a day"