Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Splitting up during cursed visions.

Just a quick question; do people generally split up and solo/duo wings of cursed visions or is it generally accepted that sticking together is the better alternative?

- - - Updated - - -

Don't all answer at once, now.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's weekend. The american infidels sleep now, and europe is just waking up.
    Chill dude.
    ___________( •̪●) --(FOR THE ALLIANCE!)
    ░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
    I███████████████████].
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

It's a weekend, many of us infidels are still wide awake.

My group stays together and just kills stuff faster. Taking out Rexxar quickly is almost required.

Quote Originally Posted by Reinest View Post
    It's a weekend, many of us infidels are still wide awake.

My group stays together and just kills stuff faster. Taking out Rexxar quickly is almost required.
    As someone who does everything solo and just had his first Mask-Runs with a second person...how do you handle the voids? I imagine they will get quite problematic with 5 people spaming them all over the place.

Quote Originally Posted by Aradur View Post
    As someone who does everything solo and just had his first Mask-Runs with a second person...how do you handle the voids? I imagine they will get quite problematic with 5 people spaming them all over the place.
    I don't run with 5 people, my group is 3. druid, warrior, lock.

The voids from burning bridge mask are completely irrelevant. They despawn very quickly, and with the current 65% reduce they just tick for 9 sanity. That's nothing, if you consider the amount of total sanity a 5 player group has even if 50% reduced.

Btt, you probably could split up to do the two easier areas. But even there I don't think people are overgearing them so much that it would be worth it, they do get quite some life and I doubt you lose less sanity from splitting than from additional sanity loss causes like the void orb ritual. For the high areas you really want to have all players to kill rexar and whatever the other annoying orb boss is called as quickly as possible.

10+ Year Old Account
    You don't get credit from the zone if you didn't tag the final boss of the zone (at least how I encountered it), so no people don't generally split up.

Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    The voids from burning bridge mask are completely irrelevant. They despawn very quickly, and with the current 65% reduce they just tick for 9 sanity. That's nothing, if you consider the amount of total sanity a 5 player group has even if 50% reduced.

Btt, you probably could split up to do the two easier areas. But even there I don't think people are overgearing them so much that it would be worth it, they do get quite some life and I doubt you lose less sanity from splitting than from additional sanity loss causes like the void orb ritual. For the high areas you really want to have all players to kill rexar and whatever the other annoying orb boss is called as quickly as possible.
    Nah, they tick for 45 Sanity bc of the other 400% more sanity loss mask. Consider that with a maximun of 875 Sanity if all 5 players have the traits for more Sanity with the 50% Sanity mask and i think that will be a total clusterfuck.

I mean, i prefer solo anyway, but the 4 Mask Run yesterday was really close (Rexxar and Thrall, the rest was Ezpz) and i dont think i'll get 5 Masks handled alone.

Nah, they tick for 45 Sanity bc of the other 400% more sanity loss mask.
    No, burning bridge is not affected by the other mask, its only 9 sanity loss with the current cloak level and 5 masks.

Nah, they tick for 45 Sanity bc of the other 400% more sanity loss mask. Consider that with a maximun of 875 Sanity if all 5 players have the traits for more Sanity with the 50% Sanity mask and i think that will be a total clusterfuck.

I mean, i prefer solo anyway, but the 4 Mask Run yesterday was really close (Rexxar and Thrall, the rest was Ezpz) and i dont think i'll get 5 Masks handled alone.
    The void zones don't count as enemy skill and don't get increased by 400%. And as we are doing that since two weeks with our normal m+ group including tank and heal I can assure you the void zones don't matter like at all.

Quote Originally Posted by 2about View Post
    You don't get credit from the zone if you didn't tag the final boss of the zone (at least how I encountered it), so no people don't generally split up.
    This was something I was really wondering. If that's so, then it seems almost pointless to split up since it'd be a huge waste of time for everyone to run back to the end bosses to tag them.

Another followup question, is there any point to killing Thrall/Alleria? I've noticed that even if you don't down them, you still get pages from each other boss (and never get a page from Thrall/Alleria it seems or maybe it's RNG?). If this is so, then the final boss is a waste of time and you could just dickbomb the place and suicide run a final boss just to maximize page gains, right?

Quote Originally Posted by therealstegblob View Post
    Another followup question, is there any point to killing Thrall/Alleria? I've noticed that even if you don't down them, you still get pages from each other boss (and never get a page from Thrall/Alleria it seems or maybe it's RNG?). If this is so, then the final boss is a waste of time and you could just dickbomb the place and suicide run a final boss just to maximize page gains, right?
    To get gear (which seems to have an increased chance to roll corruption) and other stuff (mementos, titles, achievements, toys, pets, cosmetics...). But if you somehow only care for the cloak upgrades then there is no point in killing them.

That would raise a question of why would you even upgrade the cloak if you don't care about corrupted gear/stuff from visions in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by 2about View Post
    This, along with (not sure if it's intentional, but this occurred the first week of visions) the maximum unlocked sanity drain and affixes applying across the zone. So if you're in the starting area and your friend is in a Lost area, the Lost area affix and sanity drain was applying in the starting area. Again, not sure if it's a bug, but I never tried testing it again after the first week and it may not apply anymore. Regardless, the amount of HP/damage of mobs with every additional player discourages splitting up, and unless you completely overgear whatever difficulty you're attempting via masks you generally will clear faster sticking together (have couple ppl kill while one person clicks objectives).
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

Quote Originally Posted by burek View Post
    That would raise a question of why would you even upgrade the cloak if you don't care about corrupted gear/stuff from visions in the first place.
    Considering that raiding and M+/the weekly chest reward gear much higher in ilvl than the gear dropping from vision runs, it really doesn't raise any questions at all. But thanks for the clarification.

10+ Year Old Account
    I solo visions so my input probably won't be as valuable. If I were to group up though, I'd likely just stick together with the group to dunk mobs faster unless said mobs are dying quickly already with just one person there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakpoth View Post
    I find it unreasonable to ask for other than obvious reasons, when the reason obviously is the obvious reason.
    Armory: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch.../dalaran/ryuji

Song that's currently stuck in my head: pretty much anything from Dance With the Dead

Split up don't work if you run with more people. Also don't forget that some sanity bars can run out faster on a mob alone that is hard and then needs to be used orbs and no players around to use orbs also and then if someone fails that is split up, your vision will be over, and mobs have huge hp since you're not running solo. Overall is the worse idea ever splitting up. Just do solo, or do in a group all together.

7+ Year Old Account
    Just a quick question; do people generally split up and solo/duo wings of cursed visions or is it generally accepted that sticking together is the better alternative?

- - - Updated - - -

Don't all answer at once, now.
    Splitting up if you can easily kill stuff, but sanity is the scarey part yes.
    sticking together if killing stuff is hard, but sanity is fine yes.

Both work, it depends on the group.

I know a good strat i have heard is for example an unholy DK, or another class good at AOE pulls lots of mobs and aoes them down. Then the burst dps like a destro lock deals with the mini and major boss, while the aoe moves onto the next area, as one wasting time to help the other would be just that, wasted time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by burek View Post
    1. higher ilvl
    2. The proc on it
    3. corruption resistance (this is important, you are dumb if you literally wear 0 corrupted gear.)

- - - Updated - - -

Considering that raiding and M+/the weekly chest reward gear much higher in ilvl than the gear dropping from vision runs, it really doesn't raise any questions at all. But thanks for the clarification.
    vision drops a 470 piece, that is 5 below mythic, a garunteed 470 a week with a high chance at corrupted is nothing to cough at.
    especially since its a garunteed 470, 465, 460, 455, and 450 every week as long as you have 5 keys each week.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

The daredevil mask specifies that it only increases sanity loss [i]from creatures[/b]. Your own void zones aren't affected.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

I once joined a 5 man group that decided we should do 2+3 split. Both parties wiped (it was second week of the visions so less sanity protection than now) wasting the vial. Since then I only do them solo. Then if I fail I have only myself to blame.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    I once joined a 5 man group that decided we should do 2+3 split. Both parties wiped (it was second week of the visions so less sanity protection than now) wasting the vial. Since then I only do them solo. Then if I fail I have only myself to blame.
    2 is still the best, because of the free rez someone.
    but yeah anything more, or anything less, you are being bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content