10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spaceboytg View Post
    We survived Reagan
    A lot of people didn't. Something I keep having to remind the Bernie Bros of.

Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    A lot of people didn't. Something I keep having to remind the Bernie Bros of.
    Rows upon rows of gigantic magazines? What am I even looking at?
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    Rows upon rows of gigantic magazines? What am I even looking at?
    It’s the AIDS quilt from the Washington Mall. In his demented reality, apparently Sanders supporters don’t care about AIDS.

Quote Originally Posted by Fabray View Post
    It’s the AIDS quilt from the Washington Mall. In his demented reality, apparently Sanders supporters don’t care about AIDS.
    Yeah, I'd like to get an explanation on how Sanders aligns with Reagan in any way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsonsion View Post
    Yeah, I'd like to get an explanation on how Sanders aligns with Reagan in any way.
    He doesn’t. The poster was referring to the Bernie supporter who said he didn’t ‘owe’ the Dem nominee his vote if she or he hasn’t earned it, while saying the Trump is a far worse option. Then went on to say, we survived Reagan, Bush, well survive Trump. The picture was in reference that, no, a lot of people didn’t survive Reagan as he looked the other way while AIDS ravaged the gay community in the 80s
    Last edited by Fahrenheit; 2020-03-02 at 01:45 PM.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    He doesn’t. The poster was referring to the Bernie supporter who said he didn’t ‘owe’ the Dem nominee his vote if she or he hasn’t earned it, while saying the Trump is a far worse option. Then went on to say, we survived Reagan, Bush, well survive Trump. The picture was in reference that, no, a lot of people didn’t survive Reagan as he looked the other way while AIDE ravaged the gay community in the 80s
    But no candidate owns the vote of any citizen regardless of how bad the other side is. You have to give something to the people to vote for other than ''other side is worse''.

Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    But no candidate owns the vote of any citizen regardless of how bad the other side is. You have to give something to the people to vote for other than ''other side is worse''.
    It's the worst argument, but it's still a valid argument. Though I don't think Bloomberg being president will be better for me as a non-US citizen.

Quote Originally Posted by NotSoLazyDNC-Chair View Post
    Problem is, Bernie's brand is him yelling against the "Democratic Establishment". Bernie did it at multiple rallies this last week.

Problem is, most of the "Democratic Establishment" are people like John Clyburn and associated volunteers that have spent decades building the party.

It's on Bernie to change. Will he give up his anti-anti-establishment branding in an effort to build genuine unity?

Sad to see progressives in Bernies camp dismiss the SC primary, just like they did in 2016.
    • Bernie loses SC <again> "South Carolina doesnt really matter in the general!"
    • Bernie Wins Idaho and Utah primaries "Bernie gets those voters that estublishment Dems don't get!"

Bernie's campaign in a nutshell:
    Erasing POC voters as the Democrat base. While chasing those unicorn Joe Rogan voters.
    Your entire take on this is literally backwards from reality.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    now i fucking hate bloomberg, but why do these demonstrations always have to be something childish like this? this is something an actual 9 year old does when they're throwing a tantrum. it always amounts to hiding your eyes and holding your ears with these people.
    You just hate any form of protesting.

Buttigieg will be Biden’s VP if he gets the nom. That’s why he dropped out, is my guess. If that’s the case, the orange shit gibbon will have 4 more years and will double down on everything evil he’s already done.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

It's the worst argument, but it's still a valid argument. Though I don't think Bloomberg being president will be better for me as a non-US citizen.
    Is it even a valid argument though.
    Trump has more than one issue and maybe the worst part of him are his actual policies that his admin has been pushing. In allot of ways Trump does everything an republican.
    So would the world be better off with a guy like Bloomberg who is only running because he believes Trump is a joke and might not even disagree with his policies?

Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Buttigieg will be Biden’s VP if he gets the nom. That’s why he dropped out, is my guess. If that’s the case, the orange shit gibbon will have 4 more years and will double down on everything evil he’s already done.
    I mean, you can speculate about this kind of thing all day, but there is zero chance Buttigieg would be his VP. This country will never elect a gay man, point blank ever, and they’ll never elect a president with a gay man on the ticket. I don’t hate Pete anywhere near as much as the rest of this place does, I thought he was a reasonably likable guy, incredibly well spoken, it just so happens that being gay is still a disqualifying factor. I continue to think Bernie is the only candidate that has any chance at all of beating Trump, so every time I see anyone attacking him or supporting Biden, it seems to me they are advocating for another four year of Trump.

To early to tell.
    Buttigieg would be almost like an Paul Ryan and his role would be the young eye candy VP next to the grey dude. He really wouldn't bring that much to the ticket because of the overlap.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The only way would be he has some strong supporters. Other than that, the two had/have vastly different policies. And also Reagan actually had a record of getting things done. What has Sanders did? Has any of his bills he first proposed ( not those he supported that someone else came up with ) in Congress, get passed? I may be wrong, but someone is welcome to correct me.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    The only way would be he has some strong supporters. Other than that, the two had/have vastly different policies. And also Reagan actually had a record of getting things done. What has Sanders did? Has any of his bills he first proposed ( not those he supported that someone else came up with ) in Congress, get passed? I may be wrong, but someone is welcome to correct me.
    Man, google sure is hard these days.

https://www.govtrack.us/congress/mem...sanders/400357

Problem is, Bernie's brand is him yelling against the "Democratic Establishment". Bernie did it at multiple rallies this last week.

Problem is, most of the "Democratic Establishment" are people like John Clyburn and associated volunteers that have spent decades building the party.

It's on Bernie to change. Will he give up his anti-anti-establishment branding in an effort to build genuine unity?

Sad to see progressives in Bernies camp dismiss the SC primary, just like they did in 2016.
    • Bernie loses SC <again> "South Carolina doesnt really matter in the general!"
    • Bernie Wins Idaho and Utah primaries "Bernie gets those voters that estublishment Dems don't get!"

Erasing POC voters as the Democrat base. While chasing those unicorn Joe Rogan voters.
    JIM Clyburn. You're welcome to be totally wrong about everything else (and you are), but when a party elder's endorsement saves your candidates campaign from a dramatic national embarrassment in their "firewall state" at the last minute, at least have the decency to get his name right.

10+ Year Old Account
    Doubt it. I suspect Biden would choose Stacy Abrams. I suspect Sanders would too.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

10+ Year Old Account

Latinos, Asians, and Muslims aren't people of color?

Yeah, Biden won in SC, but if you look at the map, he has some BIG hurdles everywhere else. People talk about Bernie doing well in the west, but seem to ignore that he is also very strong in the midwestern states and the Northeast as well. Biden isn't going to win just by winning the Southeast.

Quote Originally Posted by Fabray View Post
    I mean, you can speculate about this kind of thing all day, but there is zero chance Buttigieg would be his VP. This country will never elect a gay man, point blank ever, and they’ll never elect a president with a gay man on the ticket. I don’t hate Pete anywhere near as much as the rest of this place does, I thought he was a reasonably likable guy, incredibly well spoken, it just so happens that being gay is still a disqualifying factor. I continue to think Bernie is the only candidate that has any chance at all of beating Trump, so every time I see anyone attacking him or supporting Biden, it seems to me they are advocating for another four year of Trump.
    Replace gay man, with black man who has a Muslim sounding name, then get back to me.

Pete’s issue isn’t that he’s gay, it’s that he is an establishment democrat. It’s why he didn’t do better and why the dnc will want him on Biden ticket.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Odd that people were saying someone like Pete should drop out because he has no chance or he should step aside for Bernie, but the minute he does, people want to conjure up conspiracies on why he dropped out. "What did the DNC offer him?! He'll be X's VP!"

Not everything is a conspiracy or has some deeper meaning to it.
    Said nobody, ever.