Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Uvania View Post
    im saying that a huge playerbase is not ready to move on already and theyre rushing forwards since the hardcore people was bored and started unsubbing months ago and to keep them busy they release the content even quicker which is wrong since they either have to push out "TBC Classic" really soon or make classic+ content.
    This is being released at the same timeline as vanilla tho. And casuals should be happy because zg is meant for them. 20 man raid that's easy amd only has a 3 day reset timer

Blizzard probably was expecting players to play like they did back then, take their time, enjoy the game, and not bum rush with a 200pg printout on the best of the best optimized items and most optimized way of farming honor. Needless to say, the players ruined classic.

You're already playing with 1.12 balance
    So it doesn't matter if you're not done with BWL or MC by the time naxx comes out,it won't change at all
    You can still do them without any issue

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Itori View Post
    Blizzard probably was expecting players to play like they did back then, take their time, enjoy the game, and not bum rush with a 200pg printout on the best of the best optimized items and most optimized way of farming honor. Needless to say, the players ruined classic.
    Same thing as usual,players ended up more concerned with being efficient than they are with having fun.

They have all the tools to enjoy the game,but they decided they didn't want to,and then they complain

omg the tears.... Are you freaking kidding me? Classic, rushed? The game has been out for what, 16 years now? The re-release of classic is moving at a snails pace, the only way to keep people subbed is to release more content. And you think its rushed? My guild literally cleared BWL the first night through in about 2 hours. Now we're under 90 mins runs. Some loot is already being wasted, the game needs more content. People only log on to raid because there is literally nothing else to do. And you're crying because you think it is being rushed? Get the fuck outta here. What a pile of BS.

It's have been proven in the first pages of this thread that the number are right in line with the release we had 15 years ago, yet, there thread is now reaching 9 pages of QQ. Tell me this website as not turned into a cesspool of whiner...
    MMO-Champion, once the place to get WoW News, now the home of the haters and their clickbait and doomsaying threads

this has to stop.. almost all i know that arent hardcore raiders quitted playing due to all the elitism in Classic, we dont need this kind of people setting the pace of the content ITS A MINORITY OF UR PLAYERBASE BLIZZARD! you've already turned retail into a competitive hardcore game with mythic+ and mythic raiding.

please explain how it hurts your experience when blizzard releases content "sooner".
    Nobody is forcing you to clear the raids on release day. You are free to enjoy the game
    at your pace. Don't pretend that there is a "new kind of elitism" which comes from retail.
    This has been a thing since classic and is normal for popular MMOs.
    You don't have to be a "hardcore raider" to get bored by classic quickly...nothing about
    classic is hardcore at this point tbh. We clear BWL with alt raids and not that much preparation
    pretty easily. You expect people to "enjoy" this for months? More people would quit thats for sure.

If Blizzard could they would stretch out the content releases because it would mean more money for
    them in the end. Releasing sooner means that numbers are declining and content patches always bring
    people back.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    im saying that a huge playerbase is not ready to move on already and theyre rushing forwards since the hardcore people was bored and started unsubbing months ago and to keep them busy they release the content even quicker which is wrong since they either have to push out "TBC Classic" really soon or make classic+ content.
    And you are very wrong. Its not being rushed, its being released on pretty much identical timeline as it was back in vanilla

At least you could be honest about it and rather admit that you want a slowed down timeline because a very small minority of players arent capable of completing content in a timely fashion.

But the point still stands, you dont need to rush into new content as it is released, and if you are in a guild that raids 3 nights a week, you should rather look for a guild that can complete the raids in proper amount of time instead of spending many times the amount of hours as regular guilds does.
    Your problem is not a issue with the game, but with you and your guild. Its not fair to normal people to have content slowed down further than what it was back in vanilla because you are slow.

Just look at actual vanilla, the time from world first nefarian, to AQ release, was only 2ish months. That means normal guilds had much less time inbetween raids than what we do have now.

Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    WoW: Released in 2004.

TBC: Released in 2006.

Naxx release: 1.5 Years post Classic launch.

Sounds about right, tbh. This is what you wanted right? The full Classic experience?
    Except tbc was released in january 2007 and not 2006. But yes, naxx will probably.be released early next year at the latest.

The fact that the op has not posted once after his initial post indicates trolling or abandoned threas. which? who knows

Original BWL released July 12, 2005.
    Original ZG released Sept 13, 2005.

Classic BWL released Feb 12, 2020
    Estimated ZG release date; April 15, 2020
    Last edited by Eldar45; 2020-03-02 at 04:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kranur View Post
    Except tbc was released in january 2007 and not 2006. But yes, naxx will probably.be released early next year at the latest.
    Either way, "Classic Experience"

Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    My point being that "It'll be released when it's ready" has turned into "It'll be released when it's the most profitable"
    It has always been that. You think it was a coincidence that WoW's expansions and major patches released around important dates for their competitors since pretty much forever?

Look around the dates of WoW's releases and you'll find Rift/FF14/GW/KotoR/ect dates a few weeks before it.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Linri View Post
    they want everyone to get wow classic out of their system in time for release of shadow lands
    Dumb tactic because there is almost no crossover between the two.

Classic players are already subscribed. They aren't going to play Shadowlands or any other retail garbage fest. If Blizzard rushes them through the content by releasing the phases in quick succession they better have TBC lined up Q1 2021 or all these players will unsub.

Go cry me a river. If you are not having bwl on farm by now your guild is worse than pug, which is fine btw. But you are bad, and raid content is designed for the more dedicated players.

Quote Originally Posted by Naraga View Post
    Dumb tactic because there is almost no crossover between the two.

Classic players are already subscribed. They aren't going to play Shadowlands or any other retail garbage fest. If Blizzard rushes them through the content by releasing the phases in quick succession they better have TBC lined up Q1 2021 or all these players will unsub.
    That's where you're wrong, kiddo. There are definitely people who came back for Classic who are now playing retail. "There is no cross-over" is a myth that only exists on this forum because people are so hyper-focused on hating retail that they can't fathom that there exist people who play both.
    Last edited by Relapses; 2020-03-02 at 05:31 PM.

What I've learned from this thread so far:
    everyone but me is the minority.
    Therefore my opinions are true.

(I foolishly thought that this thread would be over after someone pointing out that you can't really call a remake rushed for following it's original.
    Or that bwl and ZG don't really compete and therefore you would have to proof that MC hasn't been out long enough.
    But it looks like those unimportant side note can't stand against the mighty being the one man army majority argument.)
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    That's where you're wrong, kiddo. There are definitely people who came back for Classic who are now playing retail. "There is no cross-over" is a myth that only exists on this forum because people are so hyper-focused on hating retail that they can't fathom that there exist people who play both.
    Agreed, this is true. Before I quit 8.3 I ran into quite a few of these chaps both leveling at at early end game. You can spot them a mile off, usually little to no heirlooms and at max level they are usually really bad and can't handle the many advanced mechanics in even low M+ keys.

15+ Year Old Account
    nothings being rushed because more then half the playerbase all played on private servers, where it was 'apparently harder' and all the content was already out..
    at least now people are somewhat progressing...

if that wasn't the case, you'd see everyone in aq20/zg, getting gear for nax and ignoring mc/bwl...
    I would have also been 100% fine if we got all the BGs at the same time.

if ya'll don't like it, don't fucking play. simple.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    I don't know a single person that plays Classic and plays retail.

There is maybe like 5% crossover max.

Quote Originally Posted by Naraga View Post
    I don't know a single person that plays Classic and plays retail.

There is maybe like 5% crossover max.
    I'm glad you can so equivocally speak for 100% of all players with your singular, completely anecdotal observation.