Honestly not sure why that one analyst thinks Trump would pick Nikki, lets say Nikki was supremely qualified and full on Trump Loyalist(I have no clue if she is or isn't). I still don't think Trump would pick her, mostly because Trump has demonstrated multiple times that he feels women are picked for their looks not their skills. I just don't see him putting a woman as his number two so to speak.

I could be completely wrong and Trump might be capable of doing that, it just seems when it comes to positions he thinks are super important, it's gotta be a man in charge.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post

6) Haley isn't really that great of a candidate, chromosomes aside. Trump would do more damage by firing Pence, by admitting he made a mistake (the mistake being hiring Pence, or failing at handling the virus, doesn't matter) would be greater than the advantage of picking up Haley. The women this move would pander to were going to vote for Trump anyhow.
    I am curious as to why you think this particular one will stick. "Only the best people" is a meme around these parts for a reason. Trump already has fired a lot of the people he hired, but neither he, nor his followers, have ever seen that as an admission of having made a mistake. There has been no penalty whatsoever for him in that regard. Do you think Pence's profile is big enough that the resident Trump supporters won't find a way to reconcile Trump making no mistakes and him firing Pence?

Quote Originally Posted by Kiri View Post
    I am curious as to why you think this particular one will stick. "Only the best people" is a meme around these parts for a reason. Trump already has fired a lot of the people he hired, but neither he, nor his followers, have ever seen that as an admission of having made a mistake. There has been no penalty whatsoever for him in that regard. Do you think Pence's profile is big enough that the resident Trump supporters won't find a way to reconcile Trump making no mistakes and him firing Pence?
    Well, it's obvious why they won't admit to mistakes. Everyone knows that winners can't make mistakes and they are and have always been winning. It's that simple... Just as simple as that stupid worldview of theirs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiri View Post
    Do you think Pence's profile is big enough that the resident Trump supporters won't find a way to reconcile Trump making no mistakes and him firing Pence?
    Trump barely won the EC vote by barely winning a few states. It's not just the rabid fanbase, devoid of reason and logic, that the Trump campaign needs to consider. It's the Republicans who are looking at 2020 and think "Maybe @Skroe had a point".

Looking at their records, Pence is objectively more experienced. Swapping to an objectively worse candidate doesn't make tactical sense. And people who run campaigns know this sort of thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Looking at their records, Pence is objectively more experienced. Swapping to an objectively worse candidate doesn't make tactical sense. And people who run campaigns know this sort of thing.
    Except Pence has already served his purpose of bringing Evangelicals into the cult.

It would make sense for Trump to get another token VP to bring another demographic in.

Pandaren Monk
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://apnews.com/982966ad2a9d32d444e51df091abf9bf

Don't worry everyone, Trump's rallies are..."safe", apparently. I'm not sure how packing thousands of potentially infected people into a closed room is safe, but I'm not the expert here. I guess Trump though, is.
    Where is the outrage over the democrats rallies?

/crickets

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Wot.... This is actual pants on head retarded.
    Yeah, but those pants, they aren't on fire yet, so there is room for more retardnes left.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ezgeze View Post
    Where is the outrage over the democrats rallies?
    It's public and easily available.

For example, this link right here.

Also, only Trump said "I think it's very safe". Therefore, the burden is on him.

Herald of the Titans DocSavageFan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://apnews.com/982966ad2a9d32d444e51df091abf9bf

Don't worry everyone, Trump's rallies are..."safe", apparently. I'm not sure how packing thousands of potentially infected people into a closed room is safe, but I'm not the expert here. I guess Trump though, is.
    Rallies are likely much safer than all the voting polls that happen to be open today (or is it Thursday, I keep forgetting).

Please don't politicize the coronavirus and please stop with all the fear mongering. You're better than this.
    "Never get on the bad side of small minded people who have a little power." - Evelyn (Gifted)

Quote Originally Posted by DocSavageFan View Post
    Rallies are likely much safer than all the voting polls that happen to be open today (or is it Thursday, I keep forgetting).
    Rallies are safer? For voting, all you need is some sanitizer to wash your hands after you vote. With a rally, if someone sneezes behind you, you're fucked.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm surprised they give out doctorates in cereal boxes nowadays.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by solinari6 View Post
    Rallies are safer? For voting, all you need is some sanitizer to wash your hands after you vote. With a rally, if someone sneezes behind you, you're fucked.
    How do you get out of bed every morning if you're really that afraid?
    "Never get on the bad side of small minded people who have a little power." - Evelyn (Gifted)

How do you get out of bed every morning if you're really that afraid?
    What makes you think I'm afraid? I'm still participating in random orgies with strangers. I was just pointing out how uneducated your remark was

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    I'm surprised they give out doctorates in cereal boxes nowadays.
    10,000 people attended Trump's rally last night. Millions and millions of people are expected to vote today....each touching a voting machine. Common sense is hard.

- - - Updated - - -

What makes you think I'm afraid? I'm still participating in random orgies with strangers. I was just pointing out how uneducated your remark was
    I hope no one behind you sneezes while you're waiting in line to vote today. Uneducated indeed.

15+ Year Old Account
    10,000 people attended Trump's rally last night. Millions and millions of people are expected to vote today....each touching a voting machine. Common sense is hard.
    Damn that is one overused voting machine.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

- - - Updated - - -

I hope no one behind you sneezes while you're waiting in line to vote today. Uneducated indeed.
    Honestly I've never seen a long line voting. Usually I get in and out in a couple mins. Hand sanitizer is your friend. If your local store is sold out there are instructions online to make your own.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    As if I said there is only one voting machine. There are certainly voting machines that get used by hundreds (if not thousands) of people. But hey...let's stick with me saying there is only one voting machine. Derp.

- - - Updated - - -

Honestly I've never seen a long line voting. Usually I get in and out in a couple mins. Hand sanitizer is your friend. If your local store is sold out there are instructions online to make your own.
    That's not the point. But thanks for your precautionary advice.

The point is, you will generally be around a LOT less people voting than at a rally, and the main issue of a contaminated voting machine can be resolved by just washing your damn hands. You are wrong, accept it and move on please

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    Sanitizing wipes also suddenly ceased to exist.

7+ Year Old Account
    The point is, you will generally be around a LOT less people voting than at a rally, and the main issue of a contaminated voting machine can be resolved by just washing your damn hands. You are wrong, accept it and move on please
    As if millions and millions of people will be heeding your advice without fail....also restraining themselves from sneezing on others while in line or not touching anything else at the polling station.

Apparently you never took probability and statistics while you were in school. You are wrong, accept it and move on please