Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Terrible episodes of great shows.

Just about every long-running or critically acclaimed show has at least one major stinker in its run. It's just inevitable when you have so many episodes, some of them are gonna be duds. Sometimes, these episodes can be just as well-known as the great episodes.

I'll start with Code of Honor from TNG. Everything, from the racist undertones thanks to the baffling decision to make the actors playing a primitive alien race who lust after strong women black to the terrible fight scene makes me wonder how anybody involved thought this episode was a good idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    Man... you picked TNG already, I wanted to do Shades of Gray.
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    The one where Arya deus ex machinas the Waif in Game of Thrones

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    Man... you picked TNG already, I wanted to do Shades of Gray.
    You can still do Shades of Grey. There are plenty of other bad TNG episodes.

The whole Xena Princess Warrior phase of The Mandalorian.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

No specific series, but any episode which is;

1) A remash of the season ending episode with some different PoV characters on it. Its essentially a recap and we just don't need it, especially in todays age
    2) Flash back episodes. I hate flash backs when they take up most of the show
    Desktop: Zotac 1080 TI, I7 7700k, 16gb Ram, 256gb SSD + 1TB HDD
    Laptop: Zotac 2070 MaxQ, I7 8750, 32gb RAM, 500gb SSD + 2TB SSD
    Main Game: Warcraft Classic

Haters gonna hate

Stranger Things: where Eleven goes to visit somebody else from the facility, having both never mentioned them before or ever mentioning them again.

Breaking Bad: fly episode.

The Wire: any of McNulty's fake serial killer shit.

Any Boy Meets World episode that had featured another Cory/Topanga break-up.
    Any Seinfeld episode that didn't focus on George Costanza and/or Kramer.
    Any 2 Broke Girls episode that didn't feature Eric Andre.
    Any Simpsons episode after the Frank Grimes episode.
    Every season of Arrow that didn't feature Damien Darkh or Ra's Al Ghul.

Shit, it's easier for me to name my favorite episodes!

10+ Year Old Account
    Beer Bad - Buffy The Vampire Slayer. Goodawful PSA disguised as an episode.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Move along home - ds9

Happened to be the first star trek episode my wife sat down and watched with me. Took me a year to convince her that star trek is worth watching.
    I skipped Code of Honor when we watched TNG :>
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

First 3 season of Voyager after the first and last episode of each season.

Someone already mentioned the Detroit episode from Stranger Things, so I guess I'll go with:

The dockyards arc/season of The Wire
    The last half of Game of Thrones (s5-s8) culminating in the Battle of Winterfell against the Night's King
    Whole seasons of Supernatural focusing on Leviathans/God's sister
    Every season of The West Wing after Aaron Sorkin was forced out (after s4).
    LOST episodes which focused on Juliet or The Others besides Ben Linus.

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    I've sat here trying to think of a bad episode of The Last Airbender and can't think of any. Meme answer would be "Any episode before Toff" but can't think of any truly terrible episode.
    Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    "Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never....BURN IT"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    You are kinda joe Roganing this topic. Hardly have any actual knowledge other than what people have told you, and jumping into a discussion with people who have direct experience with it. Don't be Joe Rogan.

Quote Originally Posted by AcidicSyn View Post
    I've sat here trying to think of a bad episode of The Last Airbender and can't think of any. Meme answer would be "Any episode before Toff" but can't think of any truly terrible episode.
    The Great Divide tbh. I never rly liked Cave of the Two Lovers either.

Legend of Korra - Remembrances, arguably couple of episodes from book 2 as well.

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Illusions View Post
    The Great Divide tbh. I never rly liked Cave of the Two Lovers either.

Legend of Korra - Remembrances, arguably couple of episodes from book 2 as well.
    Tale of Two lovers was saved, for me, by Sokkas interaction with the traveling group, but then again Sokka saves a lot of episodes; the recap episode in book 3 comes to mind. I did forget about the great divide though, still not sure I would call it "terrible" but certainly lackluster compared to the rest.

Plenty of bad episodes in Korra though, true enough. Which was a shame, I really like Korra the character.
    You are kinda joe Roganing this topic. Hardly have any actual knowledge other than what people have told you, and jumping into a discussion with people who have direct experience with it. Don't be Joe Rogan.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    That one episode in Avatar where they watch that fire nation play. I really didn't like that one.

Quote Originally Posted by AcidicSyn View Post
    Tale of Two lovers was saved, for me, by Sokkas interaction with the traveling group, but then again Sokka saves a lot of episodes; the recap episode in book 3 comes to mind. I did forget about the great divide though, still not sure I would call it "terrible" but certainly lackluster compared to the rest.

Plenty of bad episodes in Korra though, true enough. Which was a shame, I really like Korra the character.
    Eh, the Great Divide is easily the worst episode out of both Aang and Korra's shows. It doesn't progress the story or develop the character, the end resolution is an insult and so on. The Cave was similar, but at least laid out the romantic interests and so on, but goddamn the singers were annoying.

Korra had only one-two bad episodes in season 1, and a few in season 2, book 3 and 4 were great (save for the Remembrances - which imo was also saved by Varrick's story).

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Illusions View Post
    Eh, the Great Divide is easily the worst episode out of both Aang and Korra's shows. It doesn't progress the story or develop the character, the end resolution is an insult and so on. The Cave was similar, but at least laid out the romantic interests and so on, but goddamn the singers were annoying.

Korra had only one-two bad episodes in season 1, and a few in season 2, book 3 and 4 were great (save for the Remembrances - which imo was also saved by Varrick's story).
    Fair points. Varricks story for sure at least picks up the slack if not saving the episode outright. Love him and Zhu Li; would love to have them back Doing all the Things again.

Last edited by AcidicSyn; 2020-03-04 at 08:36 PM.

This whole thread could just be about TNG.
    Remember that episode where Geordi fell in love with a creepy holographic version of a real person and then got mad at her for being upset when she found out?
    Remember that episode where Beverly boned an ancient scottish sex ghost and then it dug up her dead grandma and reanimated her corpse?
    Remember all those episodes where weird rapey stuff happened with Troi and then she got space pregnant?

At least most of those episodes go so far off the deep end that they're hilarious to talk about.

Quote Originally Posted by StillMcfuu View Post
    First 3 season of Voyager after the first and last episode of each season.
    Pretty sure the OP asked about good shows !