Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    All the covenant races should become playable. How to explain it in the lore? Titan facility or some shit produces bodies for them in the material world.

Quote Originally Posted by Grazrug View Post
    If they're neutral. And NOT faction restricted? Sure. Why not.
    Sure. I would be unhappy if in 9.3 Jaina appeared to make Venthyr suck human potential.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

I hope as well that they focus a lot more on customization, not just at the start of the expansion, but through out. And not just customization, but also more armor sets and weapons, maybe hopefully continue race specific armor and bring in race specific weapons as well for the already playable races, like they did to a small extent with the heritage armor. Customization is a good thing in my book, because it lasts.

When it comes to these four races, it looks like their models could all be ready for playable races. But i personally simply can't think of a good reason why these races would come in larger numbers to the material plane. They never did before. Why would they now? I doubt that Blizzard can give good reasons for it as well. I personally wouldn't have a problem at all if we don't get any of these races in Shadowlands and instead start getting races in the next expansion, which people waited way longer for. Maybe even not as allied race, but as a main race. I recently played through the Goblin and Worgen starting regions and questlines and it was great. I personally miss these quests who really focus on a certain race, giving them some depth and the player some info about it, their lands, their culture. This very much lacks when it comes to a lot of the allied races.

7+ Year Old Account
    If you ask me, Shadowlands are the land of the dead... and I hope we get no new races.... since having a race that can join the horde or the Alliance from the land of the dead... feels kinda strange...

If we would get new races, while Shadowlands are up, I hope we get more Races from Azeroth... like Ogres, Tuskar, Tunka, Raventusk, San'lyan, Centaur, High Elfs, ecc...

There are so many Races we can pick and choose from in Azeroth... lets not go crazy and start adding races from a land of the dead infinit realms... since that would be kinda crazy.

Talking about Azerot... our Dark Portal is conected to Outland, so we have alot of races from there to, where we can find Arraoka, the Mushrom people... ecc...

World of Warcraft is about Azeroth and its people, lets hope blizzard understand that and give us all of the content we can get from azeroth before we start fishing for crazy ideas... like having Allied races from the realm of the dead...
    -

One Learns most when Teaching others!

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well obviously wow needs more not less content.

Doing the same thing with the same races or same classes will get boring eventually ( already doea but what ever)

Venthyr and kyrian seems perfectly viable as allied race material. They are in the sl ofc and are not in th3 living world, they need to come up with something in order to make it work, but hell yea I want to play a vampire for example.
    Chances of this being a thing while the expansion is running seems rather small tho.

Azeroth is still full of races people want to play... and they never got any spotlight in the expansion we all thought would bring in vrykul, arrakoa, tuskar, san layn etc. So the chancea sadly are reakly small...
    Last edited by Alanar; 2020-02-21 at 03:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Razion View Post
    RIFT: 51 classes..
    Do you keep a bowl under your mouth to collect the drool or just let it pool on the floor
    Quote Originally Posted by Sassafrass View Post
    It's a Horde symbol but the middle part can also be called the "Eye" of the zone (AZSHARA), it's a play on words
    No, it is happening. The zone changed, it belongs to the Goblins now and is their home. Hearthstone is having a mechanical themed expansion soon, November's cardback is Goblin influenced and revealed concept art shows Goblin machinery. It's a HS expansion, sorry.

Why not. The Nightbourne looked great from several perspectives so Blizz added them. Shame they modified the original model, but ok. I see no reason they couldn't do that again. Add a race I mean, not change the models.

I would be glad if they actually FINISHED the current allied races models. Nightborne models still need work, and they've been introduced in Legion.

Yes there should always be a new race every other expansion customization is important and I rather have more options than less. They still haven't even given us our High elves yet despite decades of popular demand for it.

I think it looks stupid enough with the races it has now. Besides, a new race is not new material, just may force you do re-do old content.

Quote Originally Posted by kranur View Post
    I think it looks stupid enough with the races it has now. Besides, a new race is not new material, just may force you do re-do old content.
    Depends really, if it's a new mainline race it's gonna get more race change payments going. Either way they still want to keep you playing the game in the end.

5+ Year Old Account
    end of shadowlands we will come to see World of warcraft is more universe of warcraft, a more cosmic scale, perhaps if we were exalted and maxed out we could die and transform into a covenant member then choosing to travel between realms. However, there's no harm in continuing allied races if we need more help in the shadowlands, or if their are storylines onfolding as we rebuild or whatever else is happening back on azeroth. New options never hurt. Personally i really wanna see Gilgoblin options after going through Nazjatar on the horde, Poen is the man

3+ Year Old Account
    You know, Ogres and Furbolgs were like 13 years way past due
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

Quote Originally Posted by Ardenaso View Post
    I personally love furbolgs but they are even less stable than an unstable void elf! every time someone sneezes somewhere they get corrupted.

If there wont be any added races Shadowlands will officially be the blandest expansion in the history of WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Ardenaso View Post
    Blood elves are still waiting for their amphibian cousins.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Don't care for any new races or classes. But I'd love for some more race class combos.
    What I have been itching for is worgen pack form, they have been fighting the so called rage for so long they should be able to control pack form by now.

Who doesn't want to be a pansy Night Fae?!

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    Who doesn't want to be a pansy Night Fae?!
    I mean, I would definitely play a pansy Night Fae. I'm so ready for it. You gotta mix it up. Tauren Warrior one day, Night Fae Druid the next. Undead Warlock the third, and so on.

I personally hope the Covenant races become playable and @Yarathir has pointed out that at least 3 out of 4 are rigged just like player races (and probably thus modeled like that too), which is a positive sign for anyone hoping for that. However, I think there are some significant issues, like, would they be neutral or pick a side, would they have access to the "exotic" classes (Druid, Paladin, Shaman, DK), what level would they start at, and so on.

Maybe Blizzard have got that all handled. If they're going to become playable in this expansion, Blizzard will have. But I think it's 50/50 at best as to whether they become playable.

Quote Originally Posted by Eurhetemec View Post
    I mean, I would definitely play a pansy Night Fae. I'm so ready for it. You gotta mix it up. Tauren Warrior one day, Night Fae Druid the next. Undead Warlock the third, and so on.

I personally hope the Covenant races become playable and @Yarathir has pointed out that at least 3 out of 4 are rigged just like player races (and probably thus modeled like that too), which is a positive sign for anyone hoping for that. However, I think there are some significant issues, like, would they be neutral or pick a side, would they have access to the "exotic" classes (Druid, Paladin, Shaman, DK), what level would they start at, and so on.

Maybe Blizzard have got that all handled. If they're going to become playable in this expansion, Blizzard will have. But I think it's 50/50 at best as to whether they become playable.
    I would hope they become neutral if Blizzard even somewhat wants to sell the idea of the armistice.

But I feel like it'll be typical. Horde Venthyr and Necrolords, Alliance Night Fae and Kyrians.