Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    So now you’re creating made up children??
    Are you saying crack dealers dont push on kids?

I fully support the death penalty. But such punishment should be reserved for cases where we know for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by XangXu View Post
    I fully support the death penalty. But such punishment should be reserved for cases where we know for sure.
    Which we know for sure he didn't since he was locked in a police car when somebody else did it. Again, if he were white he would not have been executed. I'll guarantee that.

Quote Originally Posted by Beefhammer View Post
    Which we know for sure he didn't since he was locked in a police car when somebody else did it. Again, if he were white he would not have been executed. I'll guarantee that.
    Apparently Woods bragged about the killings to other inmates, and if three or more inmates testify against you you're screwed, even if there is little to no evidence.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mmoholist View Post
    Apparently Woods bragged about the killings to other inmates, and if three or more inmates testify against you you're screwed, even if there is little to no evidence.
    Yeah, thats not good enough.

Inmates are known to lie, for a lot of reasons. Its not unheard of for an inmate to embellish their own alleged crimes for clout when your living amongst in a rough environment. Inmates will conspire against others with "he said she said" for a number of petty reasons.

Unless there's actual evidence to support the claims then the claims are all just talk.

Locking the man up for life, I could live with if I had to. I do understand locking up someone on conspiracy/involvement charges. We shouldn't be killing people on shaky evidence.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Is it? One isn’t life the other is.
    murderers don't deserve life.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    I think people with beliefs like yours are just as dangerous.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    You know the argument against that, right? Justifiable homicide, a form of murder, is still a crime. Put those two together when you're thinking about the death penalty.

Problem is, this guy, while a scum, was not a murderer.

When the raid fails, the boss kills the party healer too.

He didn't pull the trigger but he not only didn't try to stop his buddy he bragged about being part of the crime? I fail to see why I should be outraged.

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    He didn't pull the trigger but he not only didn't try to stop his buddy he bragged about being part of the crime? I fail to see why I should be outraged.
    I guess you will take the word of convicted criminals if it condemns a man, who wasn't unanimously found guilty by a jury of his peers for a crime we know he didn't commit, to death. Outstanding principles.

Quote Originally Posted by Yuujin View Post
    I guess you will take the word of convicted criminals if it condemns a man, who wasn't unanimously found guilty by a jury of his peers for a crime we know he didn't commit, to death. Outstanding principles.
    Who's word? Did you read the story?

"The state offered the testimony of 39 witnesses at Woods' capital murder trial, including Officer Michael Collins, 25 other law enforcement officers, and forensic experts," Ivey wrote in a lengthy statement announcing Woods' execution. "There is no evidence, and no argument has been made, that Nathaniel Woods tried to stop the gunman from committing these heinous crimes. In fact, he later bragged about his participation in these horrific murders. As such, the jury did not view Woods' acts as those of an innocent bystander; they believed that he was a fully engaged participant."

Are you calling law enforcement and forensic experts convicted criminals?

Who's word? Did you read the story?

"The state offered the testimony of 39 witnesses at Woods' capital murder trial, including Officer Michael Collins, 25 other law enforcement officers, and forensic experts," Ivey wrote in a lengthy statement announcing Woods' execution. "There is no evidence, and no argument has been made, that Nathaniel Woods tried to stop the gunman from committing these heinous crimes. In fact, he later bragged about his participation in these horrific murders. As such, the jury did not view Woods' acts as those of an innocent bystander; they believed that he was a fully engaged participant."

Are you calling law enforcement and forensic experts convicted criminals?
    The claim involving him bragging was supported by inmates. I'd just as soon dismiss 39 witnesses when only three people remained alive to witness the shooting and the GUNMAN confessed to being the sole shooter.

I won't dispute the claim that he didn't try to stop the shooter. Still having a hard time seeing how that proves he killed them.

Wonder if the victims being cops influenced this decision.

Quote Originally Posted by Yuujin View Post
    The claim involving him bragging was supported by inmates. I'd just as soon dismiss 39 witnesses when only three people remained alive to witness the shooting and the GUNMAN confessed to being the sole shooter.
    Wait, you accused me of believing the word of convicted criminals but you believe his buddy, the shooter? How did you know they both didn't shoot and his buddy was just taken the fall. It's not unheard of for 2 people to commit a crime and one to take the fall. Like I said even if he didn't pull the trigger he was still part of it, he lured the officers to their death according to BBC. https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-51766516

Prosecutors said it was Spencer who had opened fire on the officers but accused Woods of luring the officers.

Sounds like they got him on being part of it

Wonder if the victims being cops influenced this decision.
    Well that would depend on the Jury? I don't know, if it was cops, nuns, or whatever I still can't feel sorry for him.

Well that would depend on the Jury? I don't know, if it was cops, nuns, or whatever I still can't feel sorry for him.
    You are not supposed to feel sorry for a scum like him, but you are supposed to be outraged at this travesty of justice system.
    It looks more like a petty revenge, than a sound judgement.

Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    You are not supposed to feel sorry for a scum like him, but you are supposed to be outraged at this travesty of justice system.
    It looks more like a petty revenge, than a sound judgement.
    I don't see much of the difference in luring someone to their death vs pulling the trigger.

Also https://deathpenaltyinfo.org/facts-a...hable-by-death

Many states allow all those who participated in a felony in which a death occurred to be charged with murder and possibly face the death penalty, even though they may not have directly killed anyone. The case of unarmed accomplices in a bank robbery in which an employee is killed is a typical example of felony murder. Since the death penalty is supposed to be reserved for the “worst of the worst” cases, legislatures or the courts could restrict its use only to those who directly participated in killing the victim. Prisoners have also raised claims that the aggravating circumstances that make a crime eligible for the death penalty are too broad, with some state death-penalty laws encompassing nearly all murders, rather than reserving the death penalty for a small subset of murders.

Wait, you accused me of believing the word of convicted criminals but you believe his buddy, the shooter? How did you know they both didn't shoot and his buddy was just taken the fall. It's not unheard of for 2 people to commit a crime and one to take the fall. Like I said even if he didn't pull the trigger he was still part of it, he lured the officers to their death according to BBC. https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-51766516

Prosecutors said it was Spencer who had opened fire on the officers but accused Woods of luring the officers.

Sounds like they got him on being part of it

Yes, because he was a witness to the crime. Those would be circumstances I could get behind. Especially if it stops a person who didn't fire a single one of the shots that killed the victims. It is also quite unheard of for criminals to not roll over on each other. Just look at our current administration.

The story involving him luring the police was never corroborated. In this instance you are just taking the word of the officer. I am saying it sounds like these police were out for blood.

As for the sentence, the jury wasn't unanimous so ultimately it was the trial judge who sentenced him to death, not his peers.

Seems like we should have stricter guidelines for sentencing people to death especially if they did not actually pull the trigger.

I don't see much of the difference in luring someone to their death vs pulling the trigger.

Also https://deathpenaltyinfo.org/facts-a...hable-by-death

Many states allow all those who participated in a felony in which a death occurred to be charged with murder and possibly face the death penalty, even though they may not have directly killed anyone. The case of unarmed accomplices in a bank robbery in which an employee is killed is a typical example of felony murder. Since the death penalty is supposed to be reserved for the “worst of the worst” cases, legislatures or the courts could restrict its use only to those who directly participated in killing the victim. Prisoners have also raised claims that the aggravating circumstances that make a crime eligible for the death penalty are too broad, with some state death-penalty laws encompassing nearly all murders, rather than reserving the death penalty for a small subset of murders.
    And as so many have argued here, it has nothing to do with justice, but with a bloodlust for revenge, ergo, the laws suck and are applied to the maximum while basic logic dictates otherwise.
    The fcking shooter is alive himself, still. Does THAT not make it even more retarded?

Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    And as so many have argued here, it has nothing to do with justice, but with a bloodlust for revenge, ergo, the laws suck and are applied to the maximum while basic logic dictates otherwise.
    The fcking shooter is alive himself, still. Does THAT not make it even more retarded?
    What would justice be for his part in the murder of 3 officers and one wounded?