Page 9 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    maybe the helpful tips last week from blizzard how to get your very own cloak were a sign

I wonder what were Blizzard thinking was gonna happen letting people queue without the cloak.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    True, but considering there is no neck drops in BFA you'd be hard pressed to hit the 410 ilvl req with no neck and no cloak :P
    I could SWEAR I got a neck drop somewhere not long ago and thought "why the hell would neck pieces drop?", but maybe it was from a Timewalking event.

But yeah, I don't THINK any of those people would have been without their Heart, but then I would have also thought they would have had at least a level 1 cloak...

Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    I could SWEAR I got a neck drop somewhere not long ago and thought "why the hell would neck pieces drop?", but maybe it was from a Timewalking event.

But yeah, I don't THINK any of those people would have been without their Heart, but then I would have also thought they would have had at least a level 1 cloak...
    People are lazy /shrug. And yea, forgot timewalking, you do get neck drops there. God it'll be great to not have slots taken up by perma-pieces for once.

Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    It's been too long for me to remember. haha But I do know several people who level up and gear alts purely through dungeons, raids and PvP, so I wasn't sure if it was possible to completely miss the Heart questline if you're just queueing in Org.
    You can't even que for BFA dungeons until you finish the intro quests so no.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    You can't even que for BFA dungeons until you finish the intro quests so no.
    Good to know. One last thing to worry about, I suppose.

They can queue for the rest of the sections without needing the cloak. I'm only talking about THIS section. They're literally bitching because they don't want to get a cloak for 2 bosses out of the raid, it's super freaking lazy.

Not sure if true but i've heard rumblings that they require the cloak to queue now, can't test myself as I have no characters without it.
    Im glad you are understanding now. Their lack of a cloak does not reduce their chances of obtaining loot from all the other LFR, and now that you are knee deep in this argument, i will let you know a secret - with or without the cloak, your loot chance remains the same, completely and entirely dismantling that part of your argument.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Im glad you are understanding now. Their lack of a cloak does not reduce their chances of obtaining loot from all the other LFR, and now that you are knee deep in this argument, i will let you know a secret - with or without the cloak, your loot chance remains the same, completely and entirely dismantling that part of your argument.
    You don't understand what I'm saying. They're too lazy to take 1-2 hours to get the cloak, but are willing to spend 1+ hours in the raid wing to most likely leave empty handed.

There is people in this thread that literally want them to remove the MC so they don't have to get the cloak, they would rather spend that 1+ hour in this specific section of the raid to get RNG loot, over spending 1-2 hours ONCE to get the best item in the game atm.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Does killing N'zoth (LFR or otherwise) "unlock" the Armistice questline?

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by NoiseTank13 View Post
    I'm actually amazed they kept the cloak requirement in.

I can't tell if it's laziness, unwarranted optimism, or a sick satisfaction watching the ants cannibalize themselves that made that decision.
    probably they are that desperate to push people into visions as playerbase seems to actively avoid doing it .

this shows inevitable failure and waste of resources that thorgast is gonna be - as they will put another cloak or ring and you will upgrade it there and people will just ignore that systems just like visions.

blizzard - players want just dungeons and raids - not stupid crap that you try to put into game and fail every single time like towers or visions

- - - Updated - - -

You don't understand what I'm saying. They're too lazy to take 1-2 hours to get the cloak, but are willing to spend 1+ hours in the raid wing to most likely leave empty handed.

There is people in this thread that literally want them to remove the MC so they don't have to get the cloak, they would rather spend that 1+ hour in this specific section of the raid to get RNG loot, over spending 1-2 hours ONCE to get the best item in the game atm.
    and this shows that catering content to top 5% will never become popular for majority of players.

i for example didnt unlock any cloaks - cause i see it was waste of time. by the end of expansion my alts will be 450+ from WF and dailies alone and thus will be ready for smooth leveling in shadowlands. why would i bother with cloak if i dont plan to raid/mythic + ? its one huge waste of time

They'll most likely due something to curve the idiocy of players while others who don't bother with LFR at all can watch the chaos ensue.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    all final bosses in LFR are painful. Archimonde was truly the worst

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    probably they are that desperate to push people into visions as playerbase seems to actively avoid doing it .

this shows inevitable failure and waste of resources that thorgast is gonna be - as they will put another cloak or ring and you will upgrade it there and people will just ignore that systems just like visions.

blizzard - players want just dungeons and raids - not stupid crap that you try to put into game and fail every single time like towers or visions

- - - Updated - - -

and this shows that catering content to top 5% will never become popular for majority of players.

i for example didnt unlock any cloaks - cause i see it was waste of time. by the end of expansion my alts will be 450+ from WF and dailies alone and thus will be ready for smooth leveling in shadowlands. why would i bother with cloak if i dont plan to raid/mythic + ? its one huge waste of time
    Top five percent? Your numbers are off. Way more than that raid, not a majority but like 30%+ do at least normal according to numbers back in wod. Add ovoers to that and a good portion of the players benefit from having the cloak.

This is great, I hope they use more soft attunements like this.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

I don't think it would be unfair to require the storyline for a patch to be completed in order to enter the raid of the patch on any difficulty, at least when it is present expansion. I believe we once called that attunement, but this time without jumping through hoops. If you don't "have the time" to complete the storyline on your alts, you don't have the time to play them in other kinds of content either really.

Apparently it's been hot fixed, can't que up for the wing with no cloak

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arakakao View Post
    The problem is doing the same chain with every single alt. That's repetitive and exhausting.

20 mins? I spent more than 2 days in obtaining it.
    "It's repetitive and exhausting" coming from the guy that say he wants to REPEATEDLY do all the wings on MULTIPLE characters for appearances. Interesting.

Should've made the whole of LFR require it IMO, the damn thing has bis stats and is handed to you during a quest. You have to farm an ilvl minimum to queue so why not this too?

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post

- - - Updated - - -

To be able to meaningfully interact with the new gearing system of the patch? And also on the way to getting the cloak you unlock the new content of the patch. Without doing that quest chain you're basically just playing 8.2 but with higher ilevels.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by Omedon View Post
    To add to this line of thought, I once had a friend so incredibly dedicated to alchemy and making money back in the day... I think it was somewhere between BC and Cataclysm... and he literally knew nothing about the MAJOR points of patch notes except things that directly impacted his laser focus on alchemy and making money. I'd talk about dungeons I'd be running, he'd just blink. Story points? Blink. Talk money with him, he'd bury me. Talk class tuning? Blink.

They really, really mean it when they say this game is a majority of minority player interests. It's so true. We are a bubble here on MMOC.
    I had a friend in late MoP who was in a world top 30 guild and I had to explain to him why we were attacking Orgrimmar. He only vaguely knew who Thrall was.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    oh come on....bs
    Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    How is that even possible?

When I started playing over a decade ago I knew about every attunement, speedrunning za for the bear or Illidans legendary glaives. How can he play every single day for weeks and not know about the one and only legendary in bfa.... If anything that is bizarre and you should question those people's capabilities.
    Okay that's you, and when I play a new game I generally do a bit of research first also, but a lot of people just jump straight in and learn nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by DazManianDevil View Post
    Wait, you get a giant pop-up in game of the features of 8.3, as well as an npc that didn't exist before about 5 feet from you with a quest, not to mention the launcher for well over a week has talked about getting a cloak.
    I'm not sure that qualifies as "average" but I could be wrong.
    No flame intended, I'm genuinely baffled. Not surprised honestly, but baffled.
    Honestly he just logs in every day to do the emissary quest, does LFR on Tuesday, and if there's a weekly thing like timewalking he'll do that. He's never finished all the quests in all the zones so I imagine it was fairly easy for him to miss the new quest NPC that would send him to Uldum. I myself just close the giant pop-up on patch days. I couldn't tell you what's in the launcher as I just open it, hit Play, and I'm off. So I can't really fault him for missing either of those. I imagine it's a common enough issue that Blizzard had to make a blue post last week or so telling people to go get their cloaks.

Average WoW players just don't seem to do most of the things that are intuitive to the rest of us.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest