Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormspark View Post
    UWP "apps" run like hot garbage, even on the best hardware, compared to regular executables.
    Huh, guess it's not a big enough problem or I would have noticed it.
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

Quote Originally Posted by Vakna View Post
    Huh, guess it's not a big enough problem or I would have noticed it.
    Yeah, I don't know what he's talking about, I've never experienced any obvious technical issues when playing games through Game Pass.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by everydaygamer View Post
    Yeah, I don't know what he's talking about, I've never experienced any obvious technical issues when playing games through Game Pass.
    Yeah, same.. Sounds like he's mad just to be mad.

That said, I bought the game on Steam too, because it's where I have most of my games anyway

- - - Updated - - -

So the game is out and I've put ~4 hours into it so far..
    Platforming feels the same as the first game, combat has been expanded and is no longer just holding down X, or whatever to do damage. Whether that's good or not is up for debate.

That said, I really do not like the boss fights. I got through the wolf just spamming attack since you only have 1 attack at that point. However, now that I'm at the frog boss, it just feels ridiculous. The first half of the boss' healthbar can either be done in like 20 seconds if he's nice, or I can die in 3 if he feels like being an asshole. His tongue can sometimes hit you even if you use dash. Just a huge difficulty spike of a boss. I haven't found a way to lower difficulty making a new save file either

Then there's the bugs.. I'm not sure how common it is, but sometimes when bashing away from enemies/projectiles I get sent to the corner of the screen while still in the bash window, and if there just so happens to be spikes in the corner, well you take damage. And even if there aren't, you're not able to properly line up the bash at all, since the projectile/enemy is still where you bashed it so it's barely on-screen, and chances are what you're aiming at isn't on screen at all (this has cost me a couple boss kills, it's infuriating)
    Also, it seems unintentional, but when you die you only spawn with 3-4 health orbs full, no matter how many health orbs you actually have, meaning that I only have half health when starting boss fights over after dying

Over all, as of writing, I'd really recommend just.. Not buying it at the moment if you haven't. Wait for a couple patches to fix the most glaring issues
    Last edited by Temp name; 2020-03-11 at 05:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    Over all, as of writing, I'd really recommend just.. Not buying it at the moment if you haven't. Wait for a couple patches to fix the most glaring issues
    I've got the same 4 hours in, or near enough. Haven't encountered any bugs at all, nor any issues with the bosses. The platforming and combat feels smooth as hell, with better animation and background art than the first game.

Not that my anecdotal evidence means much. But for $30 and this level of experience being offered, I would REALLY recommend against waiting on it unless you're deeply invested in another game at the moment. Minor bugs do not warrant a pass on it until later, IMO.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    I've got the same 4 hours in, or near enough. Haven't encountered any bugs at all, nor any issues with the bosses. The platforming and combat feels smooth as hell, with better animation and background art than the first game.

Not that my anecdotal evidence means much. But for $30 and this level of experience being offered, I would REALLY recommend against waiting on it unless you're deeply invested in another game at the moment. Minor bugs do not warrant a pass on it until later, IMO.
    In the mountain region there is an enemy that literally crashes my game every time I get hit..
    I've also had the background despawn once or twice.
    Granted, there are games that are more buggy out there, but, waiting a week until the bugs get solved will get you a better experience.
    Last edited by Temp name; 2020-03-12 at 07:10 AM.

In the mountain region there is an enemy that literally crashes my game every time I get hit..
    I've also had the background despawn once or twice.
    Granted, there are games that are more buggy out there, but, waiting a week until the bugs get solved will get you a better experience.
    Are you certain its the game? Is this a widely reported problem?

I haven't reached that area yet, so I'm genuinely curious.

10+ Year Old Account
    Are you certain its the game? Is this a widely reported problem?

I haven't reached that area yet, so I'm genuinely curious.
    Don't know, haven't found anyone else saying it, but it seems weird for it to be a hardware problem.

Anyway, finished the game (pretty much): https://i.imgur.com/8yVgZQJ.png

Aside from the bugs I encountered it's pretty good.

7+ Year Old Account
    Only been able to play for about an hour but so far it's great. Comparing the difference between the two games the difference between Super Mario Bros and Mario 3 is apt. The combat so far is Ori meets Hollow Knight.

10+ Year Old Account
    Finished the game about 30 minutes ago; it's just incredible, there's no way it's not on my GOTY list this year.

As for bugs, I've had just one and it only lasted for a second of two, Ori just vanished in the middle of a cutscene and then re-appeared, no crashes to desktop or framerate drops of any kind for me, had a really stable experience.

Bosses were good fun too, not what I expected.
    Blizzard's cutting corners again? Yare Yare Daze...

I like the game a lot, but the light sword / torch make it incredibly hard to tell what is going on when fighting. Seems like a major flaw for this game. It's not impossible, but it's definitely a glaring problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    I like the game a lot, but the light sword / torch make it incredibly hard to tell what is going on when fighting. Seems like a major flaw for this game. It's not impossible, but it's definitely a glaring problem.
    You can replace the light sword with other attacks. There is 1 other that doesn't cost energy, and a couple that do that's way better dps

Amazing game so far, only complaint I have is grapple and bash being on the same button - Has caused a few moments where I want to do one action but the other happens, though that’s me splitting hairs.

Finished all but the last boss on my hard play through, time to explore everything! Gonna get all steam achieves for sure.

Bug wise I’ve had 2, Ori stopped making sound for about an hour and my game seems to freeze when using one particular rope in the mountain area, not enough for me to consider them dampeners of my experience.
    Last edited by DechCJC; 2020-03-13 at 06:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    I haven't had that particular issue, but I will say on that same sort of topic: When doing timed challenges, you can compete and show the 5 nearest times to your own. Literally 5 of Ori running/flipping/jumping/whatever. Can't tell which one is your Ori. Had to turn it off, which is annoying because I feel like being able to see what other people have done on those challenges would be super invaluable.

10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't had that particular issue, but I will say on that same sort of topic: When doing timed challenges, you can compete and show the 5 nearest times to your own. Literally 5 of Ori running/flipping/jumping/whatever. Can't tell which one is your Ori. Had to turn it off, which is annoying because I feel like being able to see what other people have done on those challenges would be super invaluable.
    I only had the par timer on and still got lost once in a while..
    Also, a "bug" or "exploit".. You can enable shards and abilities during those races, but they get reset if you restart the race. Makes some of the races hilariously easy in particular the one in the dark/spider area I think it was.. You get to cut off like 2/3rds of the track

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zypherz View Post
    Bug wise I’ve had 2, Ori stopped making sound for about an hour and my game seems to freeze when using one particular rope in the mountain area, not enough for me to consider them dampeners of my experience.
    I had the sound stop working too, but reloading the save file fixed that for me.

I only had the par timer on and still got lost once in a while..
    Also, a "bug" or "exploit".. You can enable shards and abilities during those races, but they get reset if you restart the race. Makes some of the races hilariously easy in particular the one in the dark/spider area I think it was.. You get to cut off like 2/3rds of the track
    I did wonder how some people were getting times 50% faster than me.

Finished the game, absolutely amazing experience. I didn't experience any major bugs.

I've encountered my first bug. The map in some spots isn't turning from grey to colored in after I've been there. Seems to be only in water-areas tho.

Seriously minor stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    Minor bugs aside, this has been one of the best platforming experience in a long, long time. The delay has been worth it. It's just way too much fun.

Completed it 100% yesterday... or almost.

Didn't have much issues but found some bugs that should be fixed shortly.

If you are on a horizontal stick you swing from. You can in certain places get close to the wall it's attached to and if you start swinging you should see cloud of dusts like you are hitting solid surface when swinging. When releasing you will get flung at high speed at a random direction beyond upwards. So up right, up far right or up left etc etc.

Once it seemed like a slice of the game didn't load properly, the background where non textured and just flat shades and things like water lost it's properties... luckily I didn't get stuck so when I left the area and had it reload it was fine. It was about the size of a third of the screen roughly.

The most annoying bug however is that I can't do a 100% completion because one quest is bugged. There is one where you are supposed to investigate a rumour about a shrine. I found that shrine before I got the quest and did the combat thing and now I can't complete the quest. Even if I go there and beat it countless of times I will never succeed in investigating the area. Maybe I'm missing something but eh... Only bug that's gamebreaking for me atm because I wanted to 100% it.

Speedrunning strats. When you get the charge ability if you charge parallel to ground surface you can get some good amount of momentum longer than the charge is. Not sure if this is viable because it seems very precise. I think you have to be parallel so you count as being on the surface without having much or any force going down into the ground.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    The most annoying bug however is that I can't do a 100% completion because one quest is bugged. There is one where you are supposed to investigate a rumour about a shrine. I found that shrine before I got the quest and did the combat thing and now I can't complete the quest. Even if I go there and beat it countless of times I will never succeed in investigating the area. Maybe I'm missing something but eh... Only bug that's gamebreaking for me atm because I wanted to 100% it.
    Is that a bug? Damn. I think I have the same thing. I see the side quest, but I've done the combat shrine already too. It won't come off my list tho. I thought maybe it was that I had to talk to an NPC or something.

We'll see what happens when I start over on hard.