Poll: Is E3 cancelation good or bad?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Gaming is going to be doing great under all this talk of quarantines lol, so many bored people stuck at home.

At least they should be able to watch the e3 stream that they are trying to set up in lieu of the physical show
    Agree with that Gaming is not going to get hit too much by this situation.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Agree with that Gaming is not going to get hit too much by this situation.
    And you can remain social without being physically social!

10+ Year Old Account
    Not that I go to these things but if I did go I'd still be going honestly. If I catch it I catch it, if I die I die, not going to stop living my life because I might catch something. Could get hit by a bus tomorrow, should I just not go outside?
    That's some dangerous thinking. When I was in elementary school and 3 brothers had caught scabies and their mother was told by doctors to keep the kids at home until they got treated and recovered.....she didn't and that shit ran through out my school. I got infected and everyone in my house got it. I was cover in a damn near full body rash from neck to feet. my hands crack and bleed and the itch damn near drove me insane. All because this one lady didn't want to stay at home with her kids to take care of them. It ain't about whether or not you care but the people around you that you will infect might die because you didn't care.

Quote Originally Posted by Dellis0991 View Post
    All because this one lady didn't want to stay at home with her kids to take care of them.
    Ever think that maybe she couldn't? Child care is fucking expensive and many places don't give sick time or vacation. It's a problem with the system itself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ever think that maybe she couldn't? Child care is fucking expensive and many places don't give sick time or vacation. It's a problem with the system itself.
    She worked for the Chrysler along side my uncle, they had sick leave and family healthcare.

Quote Originally Posted by Dellis0991 View Post
    She worked for the Chrysler along side my uncle, they had sick leave and family healthcare.
    Then in that case, there was no reason for her not to stay home and take a free couple of days off. But that's not always the situation around here. I've watched people get fired because they had to stay home and take care of sick kids, and that's a shitty situation all around.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good that they canceled it due to health reasons. Conventions are known to spread bugs.

BUT I don't think E3 would have been too great this year. I know Sony pulled out in a console year. Says how much they stock they place into the conference.

They should use this as an opportunity to adapt the conference before it becomes a relic.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    we're in the middle of a pandemic.

everyone should be so responsible as to cancel large events and seclude their selves from others.
    Right? Its hilarious to me that we're in the beginnings of a horror-movie scale pandemic and people are like 'omg did they cancel teh video games show????!!!?'

Priorities, am I right?
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Hopefully the involved players see that missing E3 has no impact on their bottom line and we see an end to that shitshow once and for all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

3+ Year Old Account
    It seems that a lot of Cons are getting cancelled too. What if there's no Blizzcon this year either?
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bwonsamdi the Dead View Post
    It seems that a lot of Cons are getting cancelled too. What if there's no Blizzcon this year either?
    Blizzcon is in November usually. By that time it will either have blown over or we're all dead anyway.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

The whole thing is misleading, E3 isn't entirely canceled, they're preparing for an Online expo instead.

It's not a good thing by default to lose a showcase event so yea it's bad.

That said it's also not that bad and doesn't matter much in the grand scheme of things since companies where already drifting away from it. It hurts the small guys wanting to show their stuff off there more then the big guys who can simply host their own events online or otherwise and get similar buzz.

Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    Blizzcon is in November usually. By that time it will either have blown over or we're all dead anyway.
    If push comes to shove Blizz can do their entire thing online too, the have the systems to send out temporary demo's even like you would have on the floor itself. Only thing that would suffer would be esports if they REALLY want those live.

If push comes to shove Blizz can do their entire thing online too, the have the systems to send out temporary demo's even like you would have on the floor itself. Only thing that would suffer would be esports if they REALLY want those live.
    I mean all their esports can also happen via online play as most of their events do. Only a few each year are actually live, and they have even let teams compete at live ones via online due to not being able to get visas in time.

The only esports scene getting hurt by corona much is fighting games, as online play for them is still no where near as good as live in person and that can't/won't change due to input lag. Capcom has basically cut most of the first half of the Capcom Pro Tour this year for example.

I thought the virus was just icing on the cake for this. Didn't a lot of people pull out because they "didnt agree with the direction that e3 is going"?

Quote Originally Posted by Cidzor View Post
    It's a good idea. Any event that has thousands of people in close proximity to each other for hours should not be a thing right now.
    Hope no one has a large wedding planned an payed for in the next few months lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Cidzor View Post
    Yeah, I guess so.

My brother is actually getting married in like 2 months now that I think about it, but it won't be a large wedding.
    I don't know why people invite 250+ people to their wedding anyway, like good lord, no way you are that close to that many people.

Yes, it's very good for the indu... oh, it's not permanent.

Quote Originally Posted by skakruk View Post
    Yes, it's very good for the indu... oh, it's not permanent.
    And E3 is actually most likely still going on, just not physically. Only thing that annoys me about it is it's a bunch of games that we may not see for 2+ years. Specially bethesda "let's announce ESVI and not release it til 2025"