Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyriani View Post
    I just don't understand why you're cheering.

Nothing has changed except what you have to grind on those alts to get their rank 3 essences. You still have to grind something on each alt. So you could have unlocked those essences already if you were willing to grind for them on each alt. And your alts only get that alternative grind option for essences you've gotten to rank 3 already on your main.
    I have every reason to think that resource will be significantly easier than grinding reputations up to revered for the 3rd or 4th time.

People said grinding those essences several times was too time consuming. This will make it less time consuming.

Should I be booing? "Boo, damn you Blizzard for listening to our feedback and making essences easier to obtain on alts." No. That's stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    I have every reason to think that resource will be significantly easier than grinding reputations up to revered for the 3rd or 4th time.

People said grinding those essences several times was too time consuming. This will make it less time consuming.

Should I be booing? "Boo, damn you Blizzard for listening to our feedback and making essences easier to obtain on alts." No. That's stupid.
    it could take you 1 day or 2 weeks, it could be less grind farming essences in the nomal way than with the new currency ,we don't know

the only thing we know is that they swapped one grind for another ,and the currency is soulbound not account bound

and btw ,this is not account bound essences in anyway shape or form ,it's just a catch up mechanic that may or may not work, so we can't say they are listening to our feedback , can we?
    Last edited by Miross; 2020-03-14 at 12:25 AM.

Lotta people real mad they have to play their alts to get things for their alts.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyriani View Post
    You still aren't going to be able to jump into endgame stuff with an alt
    LOL?

You have never, ever, been able to "jump into endgame stuff with an alt". You always needed to do current content (whether that be the current PvP season, Dungeons and M+, Raid, etc) on alts for that alt to remain competitive.

The main problem with essences was it forced you to do old content (that was arbitrarily time-gated) multiple times. Now you earn essences through doing current content (and a lot faster than your main too), the way it should be - the same way you earn every other power upgrade.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Man, people can't be happy about anything here. >.<

My first thought here was "WOO!" and I'm maintaining it, to hell with the grumpy gus brigade here. My alts are cheering in unanimous chorus.
    >People asked for account wide essences

>Blizzard just replaced 8.2+8.3 content grind with new currency+8.3. content grind.

>"pEopLe CaN't bE hApPY abOUt anYthIng hErE. >.<"

I swear, some WoW fans absolutely deserved the shitty state this game in. Can they see further than their noses?
    Last edited by Harbour; 2020-03-14 at 08:15 AM.

blizzard doubling down on grinds,

this is sign of things to come in shadowlands.

this will be definetly expansion to skip . calling it now.

Question does come to mind that preach said if a player who played a pure dps class wanted to play a healer or tank class would that alt need to grind the respective essence or will it follow suit as the others.

OT: look at it this is no different than legion wakening essence vendor in 7.3 or .5 can’t remember. That had more rng to that than this one. Thing I wish they learned was to add it a lot sooner in 8.3 not when the last bit of “content” (final wing of lfr) was added.
    Last edited by AlmightyGerkin; 2020-03-14 at 09:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AlmightyGerkin View Post
    Question does come to mind that preach said if a player who played a pure dps class wanted to play a healer or tank class would that alt need to grind the respective essence or will it follow suit as the others.
    It sounds like the only "eligible" essences for this are ones you've already unlocked on a character. So if you've never played a tank or healer and don't have those essences you would have to grind them out. The only really bad one here would be the EP essences because if you play a pure DPS you wouldn't have gotten the tank/healer one and nobody wants to go back and do EP but since tanks don't use that one it's really only healers that have it rough I think.

They said any of rep essences will be account wide if the account has one essence from that rep though, so like if a pure DPS has Purification Protocol it'll open Nullification Barrier for any of his tank alts without them needing to grind the rep, even though he technically doesn't have Nullification Barrier on his main since it's a DPS.

Quote Originally Posted by Harbour View Post
    >People asked for account wide essences

>Blizzard just replaced 8.2+8.3 content grind with new currency+8.3. content grind.

>"pEopLe CaN't bE hApPY abOUt anYthIng hErE. >.<"

I swear, some WoW fans absolutely deserved the shitty state this game in. Can they see further than their noses?
    Back when people griped about legiondaries so Blizzard eventually caved and made them purchasable with a currency, did you complain then too?
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Back when people griped about legiondaries so Blizzard eventually caved and made them purchasable with a currency, did you complain then too?
    Well most people were quite unhappy with legendary system and also did not bother when the last patch dropped to introduce it. Most just played with what they got dropped.
    It was, as always, too late. But Blizzard dont do this to apease the playerbase but to make that playerbase to resub and play longer.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't mind the grind, to be honest, if it's something reasonable. Like getting all four rank 3 essences in a single reset or something.
    "We don't care what people say, we know the truth. Enough is enough with this horse s***. I am not a freak, I was born with my free gun. Don't tell me I'm less than my freedom."

"As always, thank you for all your feedback on this topic!"

Technically you don't appear to be listening to feedback as the player base has largely been against new currency systems, and yet you're implementing another one.

This infers that your statement is either a dishonest -OR- an incompetent one.

Given events in the last year and things that have come to light about the business practices of Activision-Blizzard, a dishonest response is the most likely the case here, as these 180 game implementation changes happening within an expansion like this are regularly linked to subscription numbers rather than actual player feedback.

Blizzard DOES listen to player feedback mind you, but those ideas are often implemented an expansion, or two, later.
    Activision-Blizzard actually lays off game developers that DO listen heavily to player feedback, and then they post their job listing a month later asking new people to have even more responsibilities and the pay to be less for the same position.

I don't hate the devs. They are in a bad situation. Honestly, they should quit and go work at game companies that will treat them better.

Your dream can be found somewhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by Eace View Post
    I don't mind the grind, to be honest, if it's something reasonable. Like getting all four rank 3 essences in a single reset or something.
    Getting it in a single reset would be amazing, but knowing that we're dealing with Blizzard here, the chances of that are probably hella fucking low. Anyway, seeing how the reset is Tuesday on US, we should have more information about that bullshit on Monday, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    blizzard doubling down on grinds,

this is sign of things to come in shadowlands.

this will be definetly expansion to skip . calling it now.
    Yes, they need to make everything in the bag as soon as we log in so we can AFK mid-air in peace and welfare epic harmony. Now that's an expansion we can't skip.

- - - Updated - - -

On topic, their system seems to be obvious now. Either grind and play with the rest early, or wait for the upcoming catch up mechanic and get everything everyone played months to get in 3-4 days maximum. I really wonder how some of these idiotic decisions are passing quality control. Does quality control even exist in this game anyway?. How can they balance the game around people that don't play is beyond me. No wonder retail is a complete predictable joke.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Wow you cant win with blizz, they literally give us all the thing we have all been asking for, and suddenly its even worse then it was before.
    also pretty fucking sad and pathetic of you to wish unemployment on people for literally a fucking video game.
    i guess you agreed with the firing of 600 from blizz in 2012, and the firing of 137 in 2019? wow you are a sad person.

- - - Updated - - -

I mean he literally posted this tweet as the announcement so... maybe calm the fuck down?

So... they did listne to feedback...

- - - Updated - - -

Azerite does not come from M+ weekly cache.
    Corruption is garunteed from vision from now on.
    I have enough corruption peices to get 300, and i barely touch M+ and havent actually been getting very lucky.

- - - Updated - - -

Cause a new currency is much easier to obtain then gold
    "Essence costs 30k each"
    "WOW BLIZZ MAKING ESSENCES PAY TO WIN"

- - - Updated - - -

No, if you have rank 3 on a charecter, you will be able to buy rank 3 on an alt using a currency you get from doing literally everything.

- - - Updated - - -

I mean if the restyurant told you that your food may never come, then you still bought it, tyhats your fault.
    blizz did not advertise account wide essences, so no you did not "buy fast fod that never arrived" you ordered a pizza from mcdonalds, then got mad when it didnt come out, until eventually they caved a year later and gave you a pizza.

- - - Updated - - -

would you rather
    A. currencies?
    B. RNG?

cause idk if you know... but players have been begging for more currencies, and less RNG, like having PVP vendors, instead of the RNG drop.

but hey if you love RNG so much keep at it mate.

- - - Updated - - -

I mean yes you can listen t feedback even if you disagree... that isl iterally feedback, a person says "We dont wanna do this" then players say "we really want it" then they say "alright we listened to your feedback, we will do it" that is LITERALLY feedback

so yes, they did listen to feedback, just like they did when the made classic, they didnt want to at first, and felt the playerbase was too small, but we gave them our feedback, and they listened, giving us classic.

btw for all yall who read this, something super important, and why people getting mad over them implementing a fix we asked for.
    is cause companies are a group, and like a pet you need to train them.
    if they do bad you need to punish them, if they do good you need to reward them.
    Cause if you dont they will just do whatever they want.

So if you dont punish them for doing bad, they will keep doing bad.
    if you dont reward them for doing good, they wont do good.

Imagine a dog, if it peed on the carpet and you gave it a treat, it would pee on the carpet again in the future knowing it got a treat last time!

but if the dog brings you the paper and you yell at it, it wont do it again in the future.

If a company listens to our feedback, and adds something we asked for, then we get mad at them or "wow took you fucking long enough, fail, next time do it earlier" then well they listened to our feedback but just got shat on more, why should they do it again?
    i do like that they are making this change

what i dont like is the pattern of them giving us a system and in the face of feedback they say "no you are wrong" until either
    1. it just doesnt really matter anymore
    or
    2. the outcry is daily

and in the end they try to say "yeah hey we agree"

well if i tell you that placing your hand on a red hot stove is going to burn you and you shouldnt do it....then you say im wrong and burn yourself and then say "hey i agree with your advice im not going to burn myself on that hot stove" im going to tell you that you were wrong

good play to blizz for making this change but it has been a good 9 months since the feedback was given and evry single step of the way when asked they said "we are not going to do it" im not giving them a cookie for it but i will tell them good boy

they need to respond faster and not be assholes when told a system has a bad element or wont work (looking at the change to the mythic cache on the beta that was not in the notes and no news site reported until the first week of m+ rewards)

players want the same thing the devs want....a good game

personally im interested in how this system is going to work and im wondering why it was not mentioned

will the currency drop for even my main and thus be useless??
    will the currency be used for BoA tokens??
    how much currency do i get for the content??
    how much does each essence cost??
    If the currency buys BoA tokens then i can probably get my main alt character finished in about two weeks
    If it is meaningless on my main then im a bit let down

- - - Updated - - -

OT: look at it this is no different than legion wakening essence vendor in 7.3 or .5 can’t remember. That had more rng to that than this one. Thing I wish they learned was to add it a lot sooner in 8.3 not when the last bit of “content” (final wing of lfr) was added.

i imagine you will have to grind the essences

i just hope that the currency is similar to wakening essences where my main can buy BoA tokens

Quote Originally Posted by razorpax View Post
    i imagine you will have to grind the essences

i just hope that the currency is similar to wakening essences where my main can buy BoA tokens
    Most likely incorporate the currency into dailies and only a couple more days till a lot of questions will be answered.
    Last edited by AlmightyGerkin; 2020-03-15 at 07:01 AM.

Most likely incorporate the currency into dailies and only a couple more days till a lot of questions will be answered.
    8.3.5 is shaping up to be pretty nice

Quote Originally Posted by razorpax View Post
    8.3.5 is shaping up to be pretty nice
    would be much much nicer if people were able to skip idiotic 3 hour cloak/visions unlock if done on main .

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    would be much much nicer if people were able to skip idiotic 3 hour cloak/visions unlock if done on main .
    So many things could improve bfa but better yet to just fuck it and work on SL and hope we don’t get a disaster like wc3 Refunded we reforged.

This would have been a cool feature to add when I was still interested in this game. Too little too late.