Given everything that's happening the kids would probably be too distracted to learn anything anyways. Especially if they have a sick family member that may die from it or if a parent is getting laid off.

Quote Originally Posted by Poe View Post
    Props to South Korea for keeping this under control for the most part.
    Might want to hold that thought.

A church in South Korea sprayed salt water inside the mouths of followers out of a false belief it would help prevent the spread of the coronavirus, but by using the same spray bottle without disinfecting the nozzle, it resulted in 46 church-goers infected, authorities said on Monday.
    https://www.scmp.com/week-asia/healt...6-church-goers
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Why is it always churches.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Like 6000 students, but the school is tiny, it's k-12.

May not work for all schools but it's a horse a piece sending them out to not stay at home, granted when everyone is just going to the beach anyway it doesn't matter where people are.
    my high school graduating class was around 4,000 lol
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.

Quote Originally Posted by Muajin76 View Post
    my high school graduating class was around 4,000 lol
    And I'm sure your building was a lot bigger than this lol. probably only highschool to boot, not k-12

I just don't see how keeping them in class is any worse than letting them rove around town like they currently are.
    They shouldn't be roving around town either. They should be at home.

because in my personal experience religious people tend to be rather dumb and most refuse science in favor of their mystic stories and faith healing nonsense
    We cannot go back. That's why it's hard to choose. You have to make the right choice. As long as you don't choose, everything remains possible.

I don't know if they actually meant to spread it. However, if the minister that held the sessions DID mean for that then he is liable to face a death penalty or serve prison time w/ heavy fines.

The 50yr old guy in Japan that left his home, telling his wife*i'm going to spread the virus* that should have landed him in prison plus heavy fines. I don't think he got punished for doing that. Even though he went to 2 bars and TOLD the waitress he had the virus.

Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    They shouldn't be roving around town either. They should be at home.
    I mean, you expect kids, out of everyone, to take this seriously? They're just happy for the time off school. Even if you ground them they'll find away, never escape out a window as a kid?

And I'm sure your building was a lot bigger than this lol. probably only highschool to boot, not k-12
    It was the first graduating class of the new school. I attended it as a freshman when the school first opened, then went to other states *military father at the time* then came back as a senior *yea..hated my parents for that..but had no control in the matter* That might have been why.

- - - Updated - - -

I mean, you expect kids, out of everyone, to take this seriously? They're just happy for the time off school. Even if you ground them they'll find away, never escape out a window as a kid?
    I have a few friends that are taking their families on week long camping trips to get away from being at home all the time.

I have a few friends that are taking their families on week long camping trips to get away from being at home all the time.
    Not a bad idea if you go to uncrowded areas, nice open woods spot, couple of tents, no covid

Not a bad idea if you go to uncrowded areas, nice open woods spot, couple of tents, no covid
    I imagine they went to places with pretty spread out tents. I know I would. lol
    A weekend getaway from people in general would be the best thing for families and couples.
    Not everyone is into camping, woods, romantic camp fires.
    mmm..i miss having sex in tents or in a sleeping bag next to a camp fire

I imagine they went to places with pretty spread out tents. I know I would. lol
    A weekend getaway from people in general would be the best thing for families and couples.
    Not everyone is into camping, woods, romantic camp fires.
    mmm..i miss having sex in tents or in a sleeping bag next to a camp fire
    I still have to work, no vaca for me lol. (Work from home and our office is only 7 people regardless)

Not during a pandemic.

But no, I don't expect kids to take it as seriously as they should. I expect their parents to.

Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    Not during a pandemic.

But no, I don't expect kids to take it as seriously as they should. I expect their parents to.
    And even if their parents do, even the best of parents have kids that will ditch out a window.

10+ Year Old Account
    ...unless you bring it with you. Last thing I'd want is my entire family potentially needing hospital care while we're in the middle of nowhere.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

I still have to work, no vaca for me lol. (Work from home and our office is only 7 people regardless)
    True..people still have work and many are working from home. Me too, schools in Beijing are still off. I'm slowly doing lesson planning, ppt making..etc.
    Luckily i'm not a Kindy teacher, they have to make goofy skit videos etc and send to their students/teachers. I'm a middle school teacher. Their Chinese teachers are handling the lesson courses for them every 2 weeks. Beijing has been fortunate to not have any real panic buying and have several big supermarkets within 10 mins by bike. I keep tellin my parents that if they really need TP, i can send some. TP is plenty here.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    ...unless you bring it with you. Last thing I'd want is my entire family potentially needing hospital care while we're in the middle of nowhere.
    I don't like to go to camp grounds if the tents are that closed to each other. I like to find spots away from anyone else. Hence, not being in contact with anyone else.

True..people still have work and many are working from home. Me too, schools in Beijing are still off. I'm slowly doing lesson planning, ppt making..etc.
    Luckily i'm not a Kindy teacher, they have to make goofy skit videos etc and send to their students/teachers. I'm a middle school teacher. Their Chinese teachers are handling the lesson courses for them every 2 weeks. Beijing has been fortunate to not have any real panic buying and have several big supermarkets within 10 mins by bike. I keep tellin my parents that if they really need TP, i can send some. TP is plenty here.
    Friend of mine, band teacher, had to come up with an online lesson plan. He came up with one... practice 20 minutes every day and check in lol.

It's band, it's a pretty hands on class.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    It's a possibility, but you don't have to go to the middle of nowhere in a lot of places in the US to go camping and not be around people. Even where I live now it would be no more than 30 min to the nearest hospital and I would have no one around.

Friend of mine, band teacher, had to come up with an online lesson plan. He came up with one... practice 20 minutes every day and check in lol.

It's band, it's a pretty hands on class.
    Or have a video band practice lesson. lol

Or have a video band practice lesson. lol
    That assumes everyone has decent internet. He lives in a economically depressed area lol, pretty sure they still use dialup up there in a lot of places.