Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilithvia View Post
    Oh, so you are a furry? Good to know for 9.0 general discussion thread reasons
    hum? i was thinking about Werewolf the apocalypse game, where you could be a normal human form, hominid, the werewolf per se, the crinos, and a wolf form, Lupus

i think this is a cool concept and should be used, even more knowing worgens are basically people im permanent druid form

Quote Originally Posted by Halyon View Post
    Yes. As a race. It makes more logistical sense as a race, otherwise it would be exclusively a alliance class.
    I could maybe understand the curse not spreading to maybe the Forsaken, and maybe an argument could be made for Mag'har or Lightforged having resistances to the curse, but the rest of the races should be able to be afflicted with the curse surely.

Quote Originally Posted by LarryFromHumanResources View Post
    Could just made it an alternate form for feral druids..
    That would be such a waste, just like giving the High Arakkoa model to Zandalari Balance druids. It's cool and all, but damn is it a waste of a potential new race with varying plumage, beak styles and other customize options.

Quote Originally Posted by Saichou View Post
    So that's it. I've been thinking about this for some time now and I really wonder if other people find it at all sensible.
    I've been saying for years they should have been a class not a race. It's ridiculous that they gain super human strength and speed and have razor sharp teeth and claws and then say "hand me my sword".

Genn in HoTs is perfect on how the class should have been. Ranged in "human" form, then switch to lightning fast melee in Worgen form.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but weren’t worgen originally just a chaotic druid form?
    How and why that ever became a “race” is a fairly valid question to ask.

7+ Year Old Account
    If worgens used this concept it would be awesome:

Quote Originally Posted by Villager720 View Post
    Correct me if I’m wrong, but weren’t worgen originally just a chaotic druid form?
    How and why that ever became a “race” is a fairly valid question to ask.
    because it became permanent. Undead is not "another race" technically, they are conditions.

Quote Originally Posted by Razion View Post
    I could maybe understand the curse not spreading to maybe the Forsaken, and maybe an argument could be made for Mag'har or Lightforged having resistances to the curse, but the rest of the races should be able to be afflicted with the curse surely.
    I know of no examples of it doing so. For all we know, the condition could react uniquely to each race, if it reacts at all. For night elves, it was a druidic curse, not as such an affliction, like it is for the humans.

Nvm how the individual races would react to someone of their own goes into a feral race short of jusst killing them on sight because they're uncontrollable. And if it is controllable from the get go, would they even make it known? Keep it as a shameful secret if they failed in cleansing or supressing it?

I'm not adverse to including other races as worgen cursed, but it must be ecplained/explored first in accessible lore (that means not having to buy seperate books to understand it), just doing it on release wouldn't have made one lick of sense with the setup.

And again, a class exclusive to alliance would not help. Because you'd have to shoehorn in something equivalent-but-different for horde.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    If worgens used this concept it would be awesome:
    I love me some World of Darkness, but that would needlessly pad...everything, good lord. Remember how long it took them to give druids individual forms and such? Ugh.

7+ Year Old Account
    I love me some World of Darkness, but that would needlessly pad...everything, good lord. Remember how long it took them to give druids individual forms and such? Ugh.
    i mean, in wow they would just need to add the lupus form, it would be good enough for me, RP thematic and useful overall.

you could use to get a free little boost to speed in places you cannot mount, like the Shaman ghost form

If they are indeed basically druids, it would make sense for then to go full wolf if they control better the curse

because it became permanent. Undead is not "another race" technically, they are conditions.
    But is it permanent?
    We’ve seen Greymane fighting in human form against Blightcaller and he had to be goaded into using worgen form.

For argument’s sake, the forsaken can’t choose to walk around looking human.

Part of me always felt worgen were in an odd place.

When I think of the fantasy of a worgen, I think of attacking like a werewolf. With sharp teeth and claws etc.

No class really supports that. You're either using the exact same spells as any other race would, or the exact same weapons. The closest thing is druid, but you're shapeshifted like every other druid when doing it.

I feel like giving worgen an option to stay in worgen form while in cat or bear form gameplay wise would go a long way toward rectifying this. But for me it's always stopped me from getting into playing a worgen. Because if I were to play a worgen I wouldn't want to be using a sword or casting spells, but tearing into things with fang and claw.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    I admit it would be really cool for a Worgen class of some kind to use a variable transformation mechanic, becoming more wolf-like and bestial as the combat goes on longer. They'd start off more or less humanoid, but then some werewolf qualities that increase their size, muscle mass, and give them bestial traits - before they go full Worgen and turn into a true werewolf monster with a towering form with rending claws and teeth.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

I love the idea of a a werewolf class, D4 will be the only place I think it will actually happen so I shall wait.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Villager720 View Post
    But is it permanent?
    We’ve seen Greymane fighting in human form against Blightcaller and he had to be goaded into using worgen form.
    it is permanent, you are always and forever a worgen, there is no cure, there is only the option to control the beast or keep it at bay, they still get impulse and the feral instincts.

For argument’s sake, the forsaken can’t choose to walk around looking human.
    everyone witch their problems

i mean, in wow they would just need to add the lupus form, it would be good enough for me, RP thematic and useful overall.

you could use to get a free little boost to speed in places you cannot mount, like the Shaman ghost form

If they are indeed basically druids, it would make sense for then to go full wolf if they control better the curse
    Would be a bit too tame, but acceptable, in my personal opinion. Where would it fit in for druids though? Dps? Tank? Def. not healer. Dedicated pvp spec? Since they've gone away with the actual-hybrid talent trees in favor of specializing.

And...why pad druids with a 5th specialization, they already have 4, the most on the game.

7+ Year Old Account
    Would be a bit too tame, but acceptable, in my personal opinion. Where would it fit in for druids though? Dps? Tank? Def. not healer. Dedicated pvp spec? Since they've gone away with the actual-hybrid talent trees in favor of specializing.

And...why pad druids with a 5th specialization, they already have 4, the most on the game.
    the lupus form would be just a racial option for worgen race, all class.

they would be able to turno into normal worgen, human or wolf.

I know of no examples of it doing so.
    Tomes in Karazhan will afflict the Curse to any race that uses them.

Tomes in Karazhan will afflict the Curse to any race that uses them.
    As a short-term magic effect, not the actual affliction.

As a short-term magic effect, not the actual affliction.
    The transformation, though brief, is still possible though. Every race *can* be transformed by the Curse, however briefly. If the tomes are temporary, and the Curse itself is permanent when transferred in the traditional method, that seems to imply that the Curse can spread to more races.

really cool, but if we add them as class only Alliance will have acess to them. What the horde counterpart will be ? Also what kind of class will it be ? I think the only class the game lacks is something like a Bard/Buffer imo.

The transformation, though brief, is still possible though. Every race *can* be transformed by the Curse, however briefly. If the tomes are temporary, and the Curse itself is permanent when transferred in the traditional method, that seems to imply that the Curse can spread to more races.
    Lorewise, if a worgen were to bit an orc and the orc ran away, wouldn't the orc later become a worgen? It just seem weird that only Gilneas humans are worgen when it's a curse that affects anyone alive. I guess they limited it to Gilneans for gameplay purposes..