Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    It is worst the ToC.
    ToC is my favorite raid <3 No trash, little (0) running to different bosses <3 All raids should be ToC
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

The last patch of WotLK was far worse. Ruby Sanctum was a joke. The N'zoth Assaults remind me a lot of Isle of Quel'danas, though I like Ny'alotha better than Sunwell. Horrific Visions are fun, though I'm getting a little burned out on dailies (I'm also at Cloak 15, so I'm looking forward to not having to farm as many vessels in a week). I don't recall many final patches introducing a new system like Horrific Visions, so I feel like this patch had more in it than most others.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aresk View Post
    The last patch of WotLK was far worse. Ruby Sanctum was a joke. The N'zoth Assaults remind me a lot of Isle of Quel'danas, though I like Ny'alotha better than Sunwell. Horrific Visions are fun, though I'm getting a little burned out on dailies (I'm also at Cloak 15, so I'm looking forward to not having to farm as many vessels in a week). I don't recall many final patches introducing a new system like Horrific Visions, so I feel like this patch had more in it than most others.
    That raid could actually be called the first of Cataclysm's.

Na. 4.3 and 6.2 were definitely worse. The former did bring transmog which is an awesome feature, but came bundled with the horribly implemented original version of LFR and the single worst raid in the game's history. 6.2 had a great raid and... that's it. Story content was minimal and memetically bad (Draenor iz free, you guys) and apart from the raid all we got was an ugly zone with more Apexis dailies.

8.3 had a good raid, a good new feature, Qol improvements after hotfixes (shoulda been there at launch, but still) and re-used existing zones with ok results. Hardly as good as 3.3 or 7.3, but average as far as final patches go.

Quote Originally Posted by Dungo View Post
    Is this the worst final patch of all time? 3.3, 5.4 and 7.3 were so much better it's not even funny.

Even Dragon Soul wasn't this bad, nor was Hellfire. At least their raids were amazing.
    You... do know that Dragon Soul was called a horrible raid then and is still called a horrible raid now, right?

As for your question: not a chance. 8.3 is far from the "worst patch of all time." In my opinion, it ranks on the top half of the list, really.
    Last edited by Ielenia; 2020-03-22 at 03:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    You... do know that Dragon Soul was called a horrible raid then and is still called a horrible raid now, right?

As for your question: not a chance. 8.3 is far from the "worst patch of all time." In my opinion, it ranks on the top half of the list, really.
    the worst patch in wows history was 1.0

this was quickly and ineptly followed by 1.1

when they didnt think things could get worse, the worlds worst wow patch was released, 1.2.

this trend followed all the way to 8.3.

wow has been dead for 15 years. runescape killed it back in 1.1 and besides, it was doa when beta was released.

you all would know this if you ever read wow forums

From what I understand N'yalotha is actually very good. If you're judging the entire package of 8.3 then I say no. The raid pushes the final grade into a much better place. However, if take raids out of the equation and grade the rest of the content then I say yes. I don't think Horrific Visions are bad, they will get old real quick though, matter of fact they already feel old and redundant. The rest of the patch is utterly horrible. Whoever came up with the idea of corrupted gear should be fired. I am not a stickler for the classes being homogeneous. Been playing WOW for over 10 years and I never rested on the WOW classes are too homogeneous side of the fence, but now I do. Blizzard found a successful way, with the combined addition of essences and corrupted gear, to make the classes play the same and still not be anywhere near balanced. That's almost impossible to do. The combination of homogeneous classes and RNG dmg is going to kill WOW over the run or even worse turn WOW into hardcore nostalgia where players prefer WOTLK and BC over whatever trash Blizzard plans after SL.

15+ Year Old Account
    DS a whole expansion comes down to fighting..... feet.
    The most persecuted minority is the individual.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would say yes, but only because it still has the remnants of all the bad systems that came before it. 8.3 by itself is just meh, not really that bad. 8.3 with all the problems that 8.0-8.2 created though... it's a different pile of manure altogether.

The only truly terrible thing 8.3 gave us was RNG corruption acquisition. The rest of the patch is resoundingly safe and boring.

I actually didn't mind the Dragon Soul patch that much, though Spine of Deathwing is still to this day the worst raid encounter they've ever released.
    Same with WoD's final patch. HFC was bad, but not awful. Tanaan wasn't great, but also wasn't totally awful.

imo there were even more horrible patches like 6.2, but i agree, 8.3 is really under the top 3 of the worst last patches.

even when visions in general are not that bad or a bad idea, ... i just do not really like them. mage tower was factor 10 better imo. and exactly thats the problem, as often said just imo, because the visions are the BEST part of 8.3. assaults are extremely boring. essences is grind shit. just the raid is ok. but all in all its a rushed lousy final patch.

I give Blizzard 2/10 Entertainment

Quote Originally Posted by Clickbait Mick View Post
    Dragon Soul was a better raid than Nya'lotha.

People have an irrational hateboner for Cataclysm, I swear. The expansion really wasn't that bad compared to WoD and BfA.
    It's my favorite post-WotLK expansion. It's really only here on mmo-champ I see people hating on Cataclysm. To say it's anywhere near the level of BfA or WoD is utterly mind-baffling to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    imo there were even more horrible patches like 6.2, but i agree, 8.3 is really under the top 3 of the worst last patches.

even when visions in general are not that bad or a bad idea, ... i just do not really like them. mage tower was factor 10 better imo. and exactly thats the problem, as often said just imo, because the visions are the BEST part of 8.3. assaults are extremely boring. essences is grind shit. just the raid is ok. but all in all its a rushed lousy final patch.

I give Blizzard 2/10 Entertainment
    i think you mean you give blizzard entertainment 14.99 a month

People have an irrational hateboner for Cataclysm, I swear. The expansion really wasn't that bad compared to WoD and BfA.
    Irrational? 8 bosses that were pretty much all stack and dps. Nya'lotha is a TON better, people just have a hateboner for anything that is recent and look back at the past with rose tinted glasses See what I did there?

Morchok - split into 2 groups, then stack and dps
    Ball Bouncing - stack and dps, go kill adds then back to stack and dps
    Slime - stack and dps, go kill add then back to stack and dps ( I actually liked this fight, but a cheat sheet made this fight boring)
    Hagara - good fight
    Ultraxion - stack and dps and click 1 button, epic
    Ship - Good fight
    Spine - stack and dps
    Deathwing - stack on each platform and ... dps, till the last phase where you stack and ... dps.

Reused Models/zone/assets, all except for the final two fights which were probably cool are paper but did not live up to the hype of riding a taking down a massive dragon.

I think Cataclysm started good, the first 3 raids were cool, Firelands would've been awesome if it was bigger or if there was a 2nd raid to go with it (like the Maw), but Dragonsoul was NOT a good raid.
    Last edited by Raone; 2020-03-22 at 04:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Depakote View Post
    That is correct. Legion an BfA are the 2 worst expansions they have ever made. I hope they learn from their mistakes and make Shadowlands better though i don't think i'll be holding my breath.
    Here here! Id throw WoD in as third worst, but I definitely think WoD was a better experience than both Legion and BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    This post was so wrong that I didn't know what to do really. I think I might have over reacted when I panicked and reported this post to the FBI and the CDC but what is done is done. The last patch of Cata was a terrible ending to a terrible expansion. It is the worst raid that there has ever been. It is worst the ToC. People dont have a hatestiffy for Cata. It is just that bad. The only thing that was good about Cata is that it isn't WoD.
    Dragon soul was bad but worse than the absolute no effort shit that was ToGC? Yea, no way.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eugenik View Post
    Here here! Id throw WoD in as third worst, but I definitely think WoD was a better experience than both Legion and BfA.
    WoD is the last expansion that i truly had fun in. Sure there were few raids but the ones that did exist were great. PvP was also fun too. RIP Ashran of old.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Raone View Post
    Irrational? 8 bosses that were pretty much all stack and dps. Nya'lotha is a TON better, people just have a hateboner for anything that is recent and look back at the past with rose tinted glasses See what I did there?

Morchok - split into 2 groups, then stack and dps
    Ball Bouncing - stack and dps, go kill adds then back to stack and dps
    Slime - stack and dps, go kill add then back to stack and dps ( I actually liked this fight, but a cheat sheet made this fight boring)
    Hagara - good fight
    Ultraxion - stack and dps and click 1 button, epic
    Ship - Good fight
    Spine - stack and dps
    Deathwing - stack on each platform and ... dps, till the last phase where you stack and ... dps.

Reused Models/zone/assets, all except for the final two fights which were probably cool are paper but did not live up to the hype of riding a taking down a massive dragon.

I think Cataclysm started good, the first 3 raids were cool, Firelands would've been awesome if it was bigger or if there was a 2nd raid to go with it (like the Maw), but Dragonsoul was NOT a good raid.
    When you say stack and dps on spine i get the idea that you never played cataclysm.

10+ Year Old Account

I really liked Cata aside from the never-ended DS tier, but Ny'alotha easily beats that raid IMO. To each their own though!
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dungo View Post
    Is this the worst final patch of all time? 3.3, 5.4 and 7.3 were so much better it's not even funny.

Even Dragon Soul wasn't this bad, nor was Hellfire. At least their raids were amazing.
    Dragon Soul was absolutely fucking horrible. If you think otherwise, then I highly, very highly, doubt you were actually playing the game at the time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    Dragon Soul was absolutely fucking horrible. If you think otherwise, then I highly, very highly, doubt you were actually playing the game at the time.
    I was, i liked it. Who knew people liked different things? I bet you were one of those people who kept wiping on the spine because you didn't do the encounter right.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Depakote View Post
    I was, i liked it. Who knew people liked different things? I bet you were one of those people who kept wiping on the spine because you didn't do the encounter right.
    Yeah yeah yeah, anecdotal - got it; some people who did play Cata did like DS. I stand corrected on that point. However, overwhelming, over years, the general consensus, on this forum, other forums, the officlal forums, was that it was an absolutely shit raid tier and a horrible end to a crappy expansion.