Looks like I got hooked up pretty well. I played so much this weekend that I had multiple dreams about dying because of missing bleed immunity flask (the delirium orbs were actually ripping me most of the time). And next day, funny thing is that I died to Hunter because of a bleed Bought a flask immediately after.

Since there was a stash sale, bought a supporter pack and got premium stash bundle, currency, map, essence, fossil, fragment, divine and upgraded the defo ones to premium.
    Besides the massive QoL, chaos orbs started to pour in like crazy. I had ~20c the whole league, and made ~100c the first day I got premium tabs (I'm sure I sold some stuff pretty cheap, cuz on some of them I got consecutive whispers). Finally was able to get some upgrades and see that the game is actually enjoyable when you're not ripping every map. My stupid ass thought that capped resistances and 22% evade chance were enough (rolling a toxic rain/caustic arrow trickster).

Bought a thread of hope to get phase acrobatics (ES is too important for me), took the large ring one, thinking it covers more passives, only to find out you can only pick the ones that crosses the ring, not the whole circle. I was like: what the fuck is this shit ass game, are you kidding me...luckily I sold it out 10 min later. Figured it out I needed the small ring one.

Coupled with Atziri's step, I got to 45% spell dodge, and with some other pieces I reached 4.6k hp and 1.8k es with discipline. After that I found out I can even facetank some stuff. I'm glad I pushed through my rage quits, since I had no desire to go back to D3, the latter looks stale to me, now that I see what PoE has to offer.

Regarding atlas bonus completion, how are you guys doing it? I tried to do all the bonuses from T1, then moving to T2 and so on. But now I'm lvl 87, those maps bring close to no xp, and I still have some T2 and T3 maps missing.

Quote Originally Posted by Vynx View Post
    Besides the massive QoL, chaos orbs started to pour in like crazy. I had ~20c the whole league, and made ~100c the first day I got premium tabs (I'm sure I sold some stuff pretty cheap, cuz on some of them I got consecutive whispers). Finally was able to get some upgrades and see that the game is actually enjoyable when you're not ripping every map. My stupid ass thought that capped resistances and 22% evade chance were enough (rolling a toxic rain/caustic arrow trickster).

Bought a thread of hope to get phase acrobatics (ES is too important for me), took the large ring one, thinking it covers more passives, only to find out you can only pick the ones that crosses the ring, not the whole circle. I was like: what the fuck is this shit ass game, are you kidding me...luckily I sold it out 10 min later. Figured it out I needed the small ring one.
    There's a guy on poe forums that played ca/tr trickster also in SSF previously this season in trade I think, if you need to check some stuff like crafting (I personally always have problem knowing how to craft items) or gear suggestions I'd say give it a look: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2712106

10+ Year Old Account
    If I were to have one complaint about this league, it's the amount of backtracking required each effing map to go back and pick stuff up.

Quote Originally Posted by solinari6 View Post
    How hard is it to reset the passive tree? I'm up to level 28, and just realized I am following the wrong build. I meant to be doing Blade Furry templar, but was a following Dark Pact Totem build. LOL ( I had opened the passive trees in a new tab, and guess I got them mixed up and closed the wrong one) I don't really want to start over, but am not super excited about dark pact either.

yes, I know I'm a newbie and an idiot.
    You pretty much have to start over. I wish I was kidding.

PoE still subscribes to the long outdated theory that respecs are bad, and making you re-do the campaign over and over on new characters as a new player makes sense.

This one thing has foiled me trying to learn this game so hard. I'm REALLLLY hoping they realized how stupid this is and fixed it for PoE2.
    Last edited by Hinastorm; 2020-03-23 at 08:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hinastorm View Post

PoE still subscribes to the long outdated theory that respecs are bad, and making you re-do the campaign over and over on new characters as a new player makes sense.

This one thing has foiled me trying to learn this game so hard. I'm REALLLLY hoping they realized how stupid this is and fixed it for PoE2.
    I mentioned that once and people jumped on me "you get plenty of regrets!!!!!", most i've ever had is like 20 from getting to 80ish, i've had to flat out spend chaos every time i've respec'd because regrets have a poop drop chance.

Tbh lvl 28 is still early, I'd just reroll. It's what, act 3? And I'm saying this as a person that plays casually and usually reaches maps 1 week after league start.

Now if I have a character that did 2-3 labs and then I find out I don't like it, I'm pissed. I hate redoing labs. I'd rather farm chaos and buy regrets if I have to.

Couple of days ago there was this "buffer underflow" crash / bug (all over reddit), I'm doing my 3rd lab, 1st trial, 2nd trial, kill Izarro, enter room with chests... bam game crash. F U
    Had to redo the whole thing.

Well that stinks. I think I'm just going to wing it. I don't really care if I can't do the hardest end level content, I'm just trying to have fun. I guess if I get to the point where I can't progress anymore, I'll just stop until the next season.

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    Tbh lvl 28 is still early, I'd just reroll. It's what, act 3? And I'm saying this as a person that plays casually and usually reaches maps 1 week after league start.

Now if I have a character that did 2-3 labs and then I find out I don't like it, I'm pissed. I hate redoing labs. I'd rather farm chaos and buy regrets if I have to.

Couple of days ago there was this "buffer underflow" crash / bug (all over reddit), I'm doing my 3rd lab, 1st trial, 2nd trial, kill Izarro, enter room with chests... bam game crash. F U
    Had to redo the whole thing.
    True 28 is not that bad to start over from, but multiply that times a few times per league, usually at a higher level than that, and you just get a super frustrated person just trying to learn the game. It's bad design.

Why not at least give us a handful of respecs, that go away after, like, level 80? I don't see how that would be a problem. I personally think respecs should just have some nominal cost, not trivial, not expensive, and not be limited at all, but apparently that is unpopular.

True 28 is not that bad to start over from, but multiply that times a few times per league, usually at a higher level than that, and you just get a super frustrated person just trying to learn the game. It's bad design.
    Dunno, the no respec doesn't bother me as much as the xp penalty on death, that one actively discourages me from trying to learn challenging content, which means I can't learn it, which means I forever avoid it.

Dunno, the no respec doesn't bother me as much as the xp penalty on death, that one actively discourages me from trying to learn challenging content, which means I can't learn it, which means I forever avoid it.
    XP penalty doesn't really kick in until in the 90's and you can't lose levels from it so it doesn't matter if you die 10 times or 200 times.

Forget it exists and just play the game.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

I think PoE is one of the only ARPGs holding on to some of these archaic systems. I get some people like it, but really it's all just punishing to new players and more casual players.

"Hey, what's the max level in this game?" "100 but you'll never make it to it"

Eh, I can understand the argument keeping the exp penalty in.

I can't, however, excuse Wilson' insistence on leaving Trading to be shit.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

Man...I kinda wanna play despite not enjoying this league but for the life of me don't know what to play.

Not a fan of my Animate Weapon character and don't wanna make a generic summoner.

Keep thinking about other builds but they're either total garbage (usually painfully low damage) or I find myself thinking, "Yeah, but this would be easier/better/faster/safer with cyclone" and wanting to remake my Surrender character. May just bite the bullet and remake my spinny character, but I just wish there were more strong builds that appealed to me.

Was considering making a Dominating Blow templar, I have a version of that on standard that's an aurabot and it works pretty well. A more damage focused build could be cool, but I feel like it's not a great build for this leagues mechanic given that minions are more ST damage and tend to ignore/avoid a lot of stuff while you zoom around.

If you like melee but don't wanna make another cyclone, from what I've heard lacerate glad is nice, pestilent strike is okay if you have good pc (dps is ok, fps can suffer), and recently everyone jumped on the hollow palm hype train because Mathil was playing it, he played frenzy but I saw builds with smite, ice crash, etc.

Also volatile dead came back to spotlight now that you don't need poet's pen and can set it up with spell slinger, but again I feel it's "rip my fps" type of spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Man...I kinda wanna play despite not enjoying this league but for the life of me don't know what to play.

Not a fan of my Animate Weapon character and don't wanna make a generic summoner.

Keep thinking about other builds but they're either total garbage (usually painfully low damage) or I find myself thinking, "Yeah, but this would be easier/better/faster/safer with cyclone" and wanting to remake my Surrender character. May just bite the bullet and remake my spinny character, but I just wish there were more strong builds that appealed to me.

Was considering making a Dominating Blow templar, I have a version of that on standard that's an aurabot and it works pretty well. A more damage focused build could be cool, but I feel like it's not a great build for this leagues mechanic given that minions are more ST damage and tend to ignore/avoid a lot of stuff while you zoom around.
    Hollow Palm is shaping into something neat but I'm going to wait until it is more fleshed out. ATM they seam a little glass-cannon. Currently leveling a CA trickster following this build a bit but with ideas for more damage;

I have an appreciation for well-rounded builds (tanky, flexible, good clear and not dead to a map mod).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Enjeh View Post
    If I were to have one complaint about this league, it's the amount of backtracking required each effing map to go back and pick stuff up.
    This is by far the worse part. After hearing Ziz's AMA with CWilson, it seems they are adamant in keeping the timer which sucks. Timers were fine in short encounters like breach, incursion, and legion. It's an independent event within a map. Having a timer that affects your whole map just says "Ok, finish as much of this map as fast as you can. No time to pick up loot or think about Avla/Syndicate decisions."

Delerium maps (via orbs) are a lot of fun and I wish the maps will just have a baseline delerium effect that the orbs simply add on to. We still experience the map getting harder the deeper we go with an option to clear the fog if we wanted to while having time to pick up valuables and not misclicking syndicate options.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

10+ Year Old Account
    Still farming for Cold Iron Point on my Poison Blade Vortex, but spawned awakener this morning so should have a kill this afternoon. Also dropped a One with Everything so will likely roll up one of those this week. I am running Golden Rule on my PBV toon and i am relatively safe, outside of one shot mechanics from bosses if i don't dodge fast enough.

Opinion after nearly a week of the league.
    Still a trash mechanic. Honestly Delirium Maps should be default with option to turn off. Enter map, walk through mirror, stays that way until you can't push further. The timer is annoying.

Also to the developer that came up with adding Porcupines to every map, along with heatseeking ballsacks and kamikaze mobs to delirum. I hope you wake up with a dull ache in your groin for the rest of your life.....suicide explosions are the definition of fun and rewarding content.

If it was not for cluster jewels being one of the coolest things to be added to the game in a long time, i would not foresee myself continuing after killing awakener. As of now, i am just mostly ignoring delirum unless the reward starts as a desired one (Map\Uniques\Frags etc).
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    XP penalty doesn't really kick in until in the 90's and you can't lose levels from it so it doesn't matter if you die 10 times or 200 times.

Forget it exists and just play the game.
    unless they remove the skill points from 90-100, each death is painful as you lose progress to that skill point. so I'm the same as Marrilaife, I never, unless I really have to, do any challenging content.

I'm trying to figure out this beastiary thing, which is tough, because a lot of information out there is about how it WAS, not what it's like now. A couple questions:
    1) How do I farm beasts? How do I know what areas that hunter guy will be in? Do I just need to visit them all? Does he come back to areas where I've already caught beasts, or is it a 1 shot deal?
    2)I learned a couple recipes and made a ring and some boots, when I was around level 25. Should I have held on to those and crafted them when I was higher level so they'd be more useful? Or are the recipes stuck at the level when you learned them? Will I be able to catch those beasts again to make that gear in the future?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by solinari6 View Post
    I'm trying to figure out this beastiary thing, which is tough, because a lot of information out there is about how it WAS, not what it's like now. A couple questions:
    1) How do I farm beasts? How do I know what areas that hunter guy will be in? Do I just need to visit them all? Does he come back to areas where I've already caught beasts, or is it a 1 shot deal?
    2)I learned a couple recipes and made a ring and some boots, when I was around level 25. Should I have held on to those and crafted them when I was higher level so they'd be more useful? Or are the recipes stuck at the level when you learned them? Will I be able to catch those beasts again to make that gear in the future?
    So add Einhar (hence forth referred to as BestBoi) to your hideout.

Check your atlas, the red frame with the skull on the side is BestBoi missions. The three circles are map categories, white maps\yellow maps\red maps. If you have a number in one that is the number of available missions. You want to run a white map (not rarity, level) with BestBoi, you talk to him and say Atlas Mission, then put a white tier map in his map device slot. Will spin up portals that are going to have BestBoi in it. Also, there are BestBoi Scarabs.

As for when to use them, just use them as you get them or remember you have. I typically stockpile and clear out after a week unless i am target farming. And yes you can recapture the same creatures, you can even sell some the rarer ones by caging them in your menagerie.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post

Well. I went from ED/Contagion to Bleed Bow Gladiator and having an absolute blast watching everything bleed then blow up like a popcorn kernel. It reinvigorated my interest in this League so I can suggest that.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"