Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    I'm no scientist...actually I am, but I'm a mathematician, so not much help in that regard...but I do hope that the samples in question were either

1) misdated, or
    2) kept alive by the warm, moist air

Which won't be the case in most of the world, being inland and late March? I want to be optimistic, but that's a lot of PhD's on that list that heavily outweigh my hopes with their experience.
    What it really says is how important washing your hands and disinfecting things is right now. This thing sticks around. Maybe not for 17 days in all cases...but long enough.

Also, just to try to keep the optimism alive...all they did was detect the presence of Covid on those surfaces...we don't know if it's still viable for transmission after those 17 days. Other studies suggest that the virus only remains viable for up to 5 days...which is still not great for us...but less than 1/3 as bad :P.
    Last edited by Egomaniac; 2020-03-24 at 06:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Economy over safety — Trump, everybody.
    Economy over safety - Senate Democrat’s blocking’s stimulus packages, everybody.

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    Until you are ready to volunteer you should probably shut up.
    You know it's really hilarious watching a 74 obese guy with several underlying conditions who dodged the draft talking about other people making the ultimate sacrifice. If Trump wants people to die so badly for wall street he needs to go first.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    Economy over safety - Senate Democrat’s blocking’s stimulus packages, everybody.
    Democrats don't want to give Trump 500 billion dollars to do as he pleases, as a faithful peasant I am sure you have no problem doing that.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sure republican's didn't try to add anything shady. Like 500b in funding which the only oversight for is Trump?
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

10+ Year Old Account
    US should have complete and total 14 days lockdown and then prop the markets by pouring $$ at them. US has the capacity to do it. Nobody will come clean from it. There is a merit that you can't just abandon the economy and yes US will have to pour money into corporations too, even if it makes some here shake with fury.

These fools are rushing fast forward to a complete disaster on both fronts with their inaction.

They are blocking giving Trump 500 billion to go towards his campaign to be re-elected. They want that 500 billion to go to the people, not to Trump being president for 4 more years.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    US should have complete and total 14 days lockdown and then prop the markets by pouring $$ at them. US has the capacity to do it. Nobody will come clean from it. There is a merit that you can't just abandon the economy and yes US will have to pour money into corporations too, even if it makes some here shake with fury.

These fools are rushing fast forward to a complete disaster on both fronts with their inaction.
    Actually, just giving corporations money in and of itself if not that bad - and probably necessary for the channels you probably envision. The issue is usually that money is poured in disproportional amounts into big corporations, rather than smaller businesses/employees, or that the money is not conditional. Giving corporations money with the stipulation that it has to be used to hire more people or expand operations, that is good. Giving corporations money that they just end up using for stock buy-backs or giving their already rich backers a pay-out which they mostly hoard is not as efficient.
    That's the misconception many have, especially about what certain Democrats for example urge for - they want more sensible boosts, not no boosts at all. Though, naturally, like with posters here, some actually are just anti-corporate. Can't help that, sadly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    Am I, and President Trump, the only one asking this question?

Since last November 12,000,000 people across the globe have died and would have quite normally with or without the discovery of Coronavirus back then. Circa 150,000 die every day across the world of some cause.

Current global deaths from Coronavirus since last November, 4 months ago, right now are stated as around 18,000 - an infinitesimally small number by comparison. Many of those are near the end of life and would have perished under normal circumstances in any case within a short time.

So is Trump right when he tweets today that "THE CURE CANNOT BE WORSE (by far) THAN THE PROBLEM!"

Is it fair that 100% of the world population pay the price, have their and their childrens way of lives destroyed to protect the 1%, the vast majority of whom are already at or close to end of life.

This shutdown of the world cannot go on forever and doesn't seem to be preventing the transmission rate in any case. How long are you all prepared to stay effectively under house arrest for to try in vain to save the 1%? 3 weeks, months, years, perhaps the rest of your life? Shouldn't the mainly weak and feeble 1% be prepared to make the ultimate sacrifice so that the 99% surviving can lead normal lives again?
    First, death rate is not 1%, but over then 3%, second, this mother-fucker can kill healthy people too, so if you want to be infected just go ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post

I don't really have a problem with governments pouring money into the corporations...I just want there to be conditions on how that money is used. I don't want to see corporations get a bailout, lay off a big chunk of their workforce anyway, and then give their top executives big bonuses.

Quote Originally Posted by Trunksee View Post
    Whelp looks like Rhode Island is already starting to reopen because numbers are down today and the government funds are already running out for unemployment. They are restarting daycare this week. She wants to get things restarted asap. Numbers are down today from yesterday and shes going back in and keeps saying she needs to do this asap.
    Have they even been closed for 2 weeks at this point?

It feels like the US starting closing things down less then a week ago and already its full of talk of opening up again?
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Have they even been closed for 2 weeks at this point?
    It feels like the US starting closing things down less then a week ago and already its full of talk of opening up again?
    hmm...where I am in NJ it's only been just over a week.

My mom says things will slowly go back to normal after another week.

Quote Originally Posted by VGAddict View Post
    Not sure if a joke or not but your mother isn't in the know I'm sorry. A week is highly unrealistic

Quote Originally Posted by VGAddict View Post
    I believe that is close to one prediction that was posted earlier; Though Monto said he disagreed with Haseltine and Klausner’s optimistic timelines for available therapeutic treatments, he still thinks Americans are not headed for the worst case scenario.
    Americans, he said, will likely see further outbreak—and then case decline—similar to how the SARS epidemic spread in 2002 and 2003: “The scenario, therefore, is: We will have hotspots, it will persist for one or two months, and then it may go away, and we may never know why.”

Since last November 12,000,000 people across the globe have died and would have quite normally with or without the discovery of Coronavirus back then. Circa 150,000 die every day across the world of some cause.

Current global deaths from Coronavirus since last November, 4 months ago, right now are stated as around 18,000 - an infinitesimally small number by comparison. Many of those are near the end of life and would have perished under normal circumstances in any case within a short time.

So is Trump right when he tweets today that "THE CURE CANNOT BE WORSE (by far) THAN THE PROBLEM!"

Is it fair that 100% of the world population pay the price, have their and their childrens way of lives destroyed to protect the 1%, the vast majority of whom are already at or close to end of life.

This shutdown of the world cannot go on forever and doesn't seem to be preventing the transmission rate in any case. How long are you all prepared to stay effectively under house arrest for to try in vain to save the 1%? 3 weeks, months, years, perhaps the rest of your life? Shouldn't the mainly weak and feeble 1% be prepared to make the ultimate sacrifice so that the 99% surviving can lead normal lives again?
    I hope you don't find yourself in the situation where there's only one ventilator available and they choose to give it to another person.

I believe you would think about this post of yours more seriously than you did before posting it.

well my dr. appointment I've been waiting 6 months for just got cancelled and rescheduled to next month...not unexpected but certainly really fricken annoying. I need to get my blood checked to see if the dosage of thyroid meds I've been on is appropriate or not. Hopefully, if I do wind up with this virus, having a failing thyroid won't cause any extra complications
    We cannot go back. That's why it's hard to choose. You have to make the right choice. As long as you don't choose, everything remains possible.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    INDIA SHUTTING DOWN FOR AT LEAST 21 DAYS. The entire country.

No surprise there.

- - - Updated - - -

Can you link any scientist that agrees with your assessment? We'll wait.

10+ Year Old Account
    Shouldn't the mainly weak and feeble 1% be prepared to make the ultimate sacrifice so that the 99% surviving can lead normal lives again?
    I'm a native English speaker, and I don't have the words to adequately describe how utterly disgusting and cowardly what you wrote here is. When you do finally stand before God and answer for everything you have done in this life, I do wonder how you're going to explain that sentence to Him.

Spoiler Alert: Nothing you say will ever stand as justification.
    [Infraction]
    Last edited by Rozz; 2020-03-24 at 09:55 PM. Reason: Forbidden Topics
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

Quote Originally Posted by HeatherRae View Post
    I'm a native English speaker, and I don't have the words to adequately describe how utterly disgusting and cowardly what you wrote here is. When you do finally stand before God and answer for everything you have done in this life, I do wonder how you're going to explain that sentence to Him.

bold words

god killed entire population at least once

I guess you will be quite mad if it'd be your god who's trying to wipe the planet once again
    [Infraction]
    Last edited by Rozz; 2020-03-24 at 09:53 PM. Reason: Forbidden Topics

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HeatherRae View Post

Barely a weak into relatively modest quarantines and we already are at that stage of Capitalism where "Human sacrifice is necessary to feed Mammon, we must give souls to the Stock ticker, only blood can sate its needs!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.