Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Anything that emphasizes quests because that's what' CDPR is very good at.

7+ Year Old Account
    Whatever it is, i just want it to have a more interesting protagonist than cardboard-kun.

My biggest criticism of the entire series is that Geralt is just flat out boring.
    TEA IS DOWN!

Sylvanas is what you get when you cross Joffrey Baratheon with a mary sue. Change my mind. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by Polyxo View Post
    Eh, still want it in the Witcher universe, with a Witcher style, and all the wild fantasy trappings, just playing as a different character in it.

- - - Updated - - -

Wait, what? How'd you get that?
    Why do you need a different character?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Daevelian View Post
    Whatever it is, i just want it to have a more interesting protagonist than cardboard-kun.

My biggest criticism of the entire series is that Geralt is just flat out boring.
    You do realize that's part of what makes him a WITCHER. They're emotionless. That's not criticism, that's ignorance of the story

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinpachi View Post
    You do realize that's part of what makes him a WITCHER. They're emotionless. That's not criticism, that's ignorance of the story
    I am well aware, that doesn't make him any less boring though. Boring is still boring no matter their excuse.
    TEA IS DOWN!

Sylvanas is what you get when you cross Joffrey Baratheon with a mary sue. Change my mind. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by Daevelian View Post
    I am well aware, that doesn't make him any less boring though. Boring is still boring no matter their excuse.
    meh, that's your opinion.

I actually really liked Geralt as a protagonist. I think they should stick to the RPG formular in any case. Maybe open it up a little with custom characters like in Cyberpunk and tell a story about a time period in which there were more Witchers around.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    In Witcher universe - sure. Continuation of Geralt's story - NO. Every good story need to end at some point, otherwise sooner or later it goes to shit.

I would like too see something what 'Better Call Saul' is to 'Breaking Bad'. For example it could be about Vesemir and descending of witcher schools.

Would love to see some Letho prequel / sequel.

Removed material from Witcher 2 suggested that he carried a grudge against Demavend (King of Aedirn, who he killed during the Witcher 2 trailer) because he shut down the school of Viper.
    Would be cool if the story surrounds that, Witcher trying to save his school, gets caught up in a political stuff, bad stuff continues to happen.

The political element of Witcher 2 was in my opinion really a highpoint of the series in terms of storytelling.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinpachi View Post
    Why do you need a different character?

- - - Updated - - -

But Geralt is not emotionless. I can't recall if it's ever explicitly stated, but it's heavily implied all throughout the books. Though one of the themes is the issue whether Geralt's emotions are artificial, just something he picked up while observing normal humans and acted the same, or if they are actually true. W1 and W2 don't show many witchers in-game, I think Berengar's portrayal from W1 is the most accurate as in how standard witchers should be acting. W3 doesn't do a good job there.

I would like a game that is more about meaningful interactions with characters and less about combat or an overlapping plot. I think it would be perfectly in line with the books (especially the short stories) if the whole game was more of a series of stand-alone scenarios, like HoS or B&W. Basically you're exploring the world, reach a village/city/whatever and end up with a long, separate story that changes heavily based on the choices you make. And the outcome could be anything from a ruler erecting a statue for you to villagers chasing you out with torches and pitchforks. Over time, your reputation could carry through to different hubs.

The fights should be infrequent, and as for combat itself, I'd like if it was heavy combo based, with combos you make yourself, or at least with bosses having a lot of active cutscenes. Or just both. It should definitely be more inspired than the combat from previous games.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

Quote Originally Posted by Airlick View Post
    But Geralt is not emotionless. I can't recall if it's ever explicitly stated, but it's heavily implied all throughout the books. Though one of the themes is the issue whether Geralt's emotions are artificial, just something he picked up while observing normal humans and acted the same, or if they are actually true. W1 and W2 don't show many witchers in-game, I think Berengar's portrayal from W1 is the most accurate as in how standard witchers should be acting. W3 doesn't do a good job there.

I would like a game that is more about meaningful interactions with characters and less about combat or an overlapping plot. I think it would be perfectly in line with the books (especially the short stories) if the whole game was more of a series of stand-alone scenarios, like HoS or B&W. Basically you're exploring the world, reach a village/city/whatever and end up with a long, separate story that changes heavily based on the choices you make. And the outcome could be anything from a ruler erecting a statue for you to villagers chasing you out with torches and pitchforks. Over time, your reputation could carry through to different hubs.

The fights should be infrequent, and as for combat itself, I'd like if it was heavy combo based, with combos you make yourself, or at least with bosses having a lot of active cutscenes. Or just both. It should definitely be more inspired than the combat from previous games.
    I mean, the fights did get better and better. The second Olgierd fight was a big improvement compared to fights like Eredin and Dettlaff in Blood and Wine was pretty damn cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    I mean, the fights did get better and better. The second Olgierd fight was a big improvement compared to fights like Eredin and Dettlaff in Blood and Wine was pretty damn cool.
    They were great, thematically, but mechanically, not so much. There wasn't much adapting necessary, it was the same old 'quen attack attack dodge quen' you did while killing a million nekkers before.

Basically the first fight that I personally had to adapt was Detlaff, and it was also the last one. It went from 'Quen attack attack dodge Quen' to 'Quen attack attack dodge quen OH GOD WHERE DID 90% OF MY HP GO SWALLOW QUEN DODGE DODGE DODGE'. So yeah, even Witcher 2 did bosses better, IMO, and in Witcher 1 you had to at least switch styles and use appropriate signs based on the enemy (like you basically couldn't beat mutated knights without melting their armor with Igni), instead of popping Quen and going whirlwind for profit.

They were great, thematically, but mechanically, not so much. There wasn't much adapting necessary, it was the same old 'quen attack attack dodge quen' you did while killing a million nekkers before.

Basically the first fight that I personally had to adapt was Detlaff, and it was also the last one. It went from 'Quen attack attack dodge Quen' to 'Quen attack attack dodge quen OH GOD WHERE DID 90% OF MY HP GO SWALLOW QUEN DODGE DODGE DODGE'. So yeah, even Witcher 2 did bosses better, IMO, and in Witcher 1 you had to at least switch styles and use appropriate signs based on the enemy (like you basically couldn't beat mutated knights without melting their armor with Igni), instead of popping Quen and going whirlwind for profit.
    I don't know. Seemed more like a number issue to me. Yes, rolling/sidestepping + quen was too strong overall but it's much less noticeable when you're undergeared and playing on death march. I don't think the combat in Witcher 3 is bad per se. It just needs tweaking (maybe put signs on different but higher cooldowns so you end up using more of them).

Next game in Witcher universe should obviously be RTS, where you get epic story told and look upon the kingdoms and armies from above

2 major factions campaigns (Northern Kingdoms vs Nilfgaard) and every kingdom for itself multiplier.

For the next one I would like to either play as Ciri (melee mage hybrid with plenty of development options) or alternatively I would like to see the option to play as a full fledged Sorcerer if we can make our own characters. Witchers are quite the gimped hybrid between melee fighting, a bit of rune magic and alchemists, more pure and in turn deeper options would be something I would welcome alot. If it has to be a new witcher I hope it would be from a witcher school that dabbles deeper into the arcane and alchemy as an option, maybe even other more sneaky combat styles like the ones of the school of the viper/cat.

If they, ironically, would move away from the restriction of being an actual witcher, then they could also sensibly integrate female player characters as an option. Though I absolutely loved Geralt as a protagonist, the whinging about him not being the generic hyperactive titt is just sad to me, I'm glad for every fantasy franchise that has a protagonist that isn't the generic young kid with spunk who charges in without thinking; fuck that.

I definitely want more of the investigation and dialogue gameplay. That was the biggest part for me tbh along with the interactions with the absolutely lovable supporting cast of Geralt's friends. It will be hard to build something like that again, but it should be possible - we will see if they mange something of that level in Cyberpunk.
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2020-03-25 at 02:39 PM.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    I don't know. Seemed more like a number issue to me. Yes, rolling/sidestepping + quen was too strong overall but it's much less noticeable when you're undergeared and playing on death march. I don't think the combat in Witcher 3 is bad per se. It just needs tweaking (maybe put signs on different but higher cooldowns so you end up using more of them).
    Well, I did play on death march, and unfortunately this was the only efficient playstyle. Like, good luck trying to parry, counter, use strong attacks and different signs when you're surrounded by 10+ nekkers or bandits that can all 1-shot you - unless you have Quen on, then it's 2-shot.

The combat isn't bad-bad, it's very fluid at least, but it's also horribly spammy and there's just not much difference between fighting a hyped-up boss or a generic monster. Combat diversity should be one of the most important goals for a new Witcher game, and IMO one of the ways to achieve it is having much less fights in general (in-line with lore), but with more emphasis being put into development of each monster. Also, active cutscenes or at least special mechanics you have to properly react to.

3+ Year Old Account
    A prequel.

I'm really kinda 'over' with Geralt, Ciri, Yen and the rest. I want some new characters.

i wanna prequel

I died so many times trying to figure out the timing on Detlaff's swoopy attack. Part of the problem was playing him for the first time ever on death march.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Timewalker View Post
    A prequel.

I'm really kinda 'over' with Geralt, Ciri, Yen and the rest. I want some new characters.
    I don't know if I'm "over" them, as much as it starts to stretch things to ridiculousness if the same people are intertwined with everything interesting. It makes the world seem small and artificial.

- - - Updated - - -

I'd like to add, with my knight thoughts. I wouldn't mind playing as a female character this time. Before anyone objects, there is lore-included precedent.

combat from previous games was fine, and what you just described wouldn't sell. at all. The game became the blockbuster it is by doing exactly what it did. processing power in computers has rendered many cutscenes unnecessary, and the narrative moves along nicely. And to ask for "meaningful" interactions with npcs is wishful thinking. What you're describing are bioware RPGs, i suggest you go play them instead of asking cdpr to make their masterpiece more like their stuff.

I would like a party-base RPG with character creation set in w/e time zone the writers can work with. Gameplay wise, I'd be in for an isometric style, could be like Pillars or Divinity. I would also be a fan of something like KOTOR/DA:O style. Yes I am just trying to mesh some of my favorite games but I don't see why it couldn't work.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.