Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    Fully clearing a Vision requires Elite Extermination and that's pretty much it. Still, even if you cannot manage to do that, you can do 2 medium areas and final boss, which is 100 Echoes - a decent amount for a pretty trivial task. Combine this with invasions plus couple emissaries and you have your first essence for fairly low amount of effort. It takes a lot less time than I expected.

Which also reminds me, they really should swap Elite Extermination and Chest research. The former is absolutely crucial toward clearing full vision, the later is just a minor bonus you won't really take advantage of until you're comfortable with the place.
    I understand that people who argue in favour of that dogshit half-assed attempt at "Account wide" essences are a bit on the slow side of things when it comes to thinking, so I'll let you in on a secret (not really a secret) - the issue is not with doing activities. The issue is with it being time gated, AGAIN. People would have absolutely no issue if they could grind all 4 r3s they need in a sitting or two for like almost a day and have it week 1. The issue is that you have to again, wait for 3-4 weekly lockouts to get them.

Do you now understand why everybody sane is spitting back at Blizzard for spitting at us?

Quote Originally Posted by awadh View Post
    I understand that people who argue in favour of that dogshit half-assed attempt at "Account wide" essences are a bit on the slow side of things when it comes to thinking, so I'll let you in on a secret (not really a secret) - the issue is not with doing activities. The issue is with it being time gated, AGAIN. People would have absolutely no issue if they could grind all 4 r3s they need in a sitting or two for like almost a day and have it week 1. The issue is that you have to again, wait for 3-4 weekly lockouts to get them.

Do you now understand why everybody sane is spitting back at Blizzard for spitting at us?
    You absolutely do not need to wait for 3-4 weekly lockouts. I got 2 r3 essences just doing my cloak upgrade visions and assaults. With my M+ weekly chest and the assaults/visions next week, I'll get my last 2. If I wanted I could do battlegrounds or dungeons until I got all of them week one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Addiena
    Whats the saying .. You have two brain cells and they are both fighting for third place !

Quote Originally Posted by Stickiler View Post
    You absolutely do not need to wait for 3-4 weekly lockouts. I got 2 r3 essences just doing my cloak upgrade visions and assaults. With my M+ weekly chest and the assaults/visions next week, I'll get my last 2. If I wanted I could do battlegrounds or dungeons until I got all of them week one.
    Ilvl and cloak rank?

Ilvl and cloak rank?
    390, and now it's like, rank 7? I think.
    Whats the saying .. You have two brain cells and they are both fighting for third place !

2000 currency on week 1? Is it even possible?

And i highly doubt there is another MMO-C user more addicted to battlegrounds than me.
    10 battleground WINS gives you what? 150-200 currency?
    Last edited by Big Thanks; 2020-03-20 at 10:08 PM.

390, and now it's like, rank 7? I think.
    How many vessels did you hoard before they were account wide? Did you get from 0->7 this reset? If so, that's being dishonest because a fresh alt will not have that many vessels in a single week.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    How many vessels did you hoard before they were account wide? Did you get from 0->7 this reset? If so, that's being dishonest because a fresh alt will not have that many vessels in a single week.
    Considering that you get first runs for free and you can get 5 in a week - yes, they will. You're trying too hard to prove that this is some sort of horrendous grind that's only doable for the most dedicated players.

Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    Considering that you get first runs for free and you can get 5 in a week - yes, they will. You're trying too hard to prove that this is some sort of horrendous grind that's only doable for the most dedicated players.
    On the contrary - I'd be orgasmic if this was an actual grind that could be completed in a week for however many essences you want by just grinding it. I'm arguing that it's another unnecessary timegated grind and that was the problem with essences - being timegated. Nobody would bat an eye if you could get r3 in a single day if there were no gates like reps or weekly item limits.

Happenning in a stupid way with a stupid system. I already regret preordering shadowlands.

On the contrary - I'd be orgasmic if this was an actual grind that could be completed in a week for however many essences you want by just grinding it. I'm arguing that it's another unnecessary timegated grind and that was the problem with essences - being timegated. Nobody would bat an eye if you could get r3 in a single day if there were no gates like reps or weekly item limits.
    Nobody is arguing that getting the original r3 essences can be ground out in a week.

On an alt, you can absolutely grind out as many r3 essences as your little heart desires, every M+ run, random battleground win, rated arena and rated battleground gives some, all activities you can literally play all day every day. There are larger boosts on a weekly reset, for sure, but if you're a fresh alt, you're running bgs/arenas/M+ for gear regardless, and you'll get all your essences by the time you finish gearing up anyway.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    You still follow news on the game and post about it, so apparently you?

- - - Updated - - -

2/10, pretty terrible tbh.
    I dont care about essences or BFA at this point. I just follow the news because I already bought shadowlands and I keep logging here from time to time searching for news.

sure.. vessels account wide, got anymore fairytales?

Newly dinged alt, 20 hours played(before I did transmog runs, 22 hours now)

• 77.5 HoA level
    • Essences
      Rank 3 Blood of the Enemy
      Rank 3 Conflict and Strife
      Rank 3 Breath of the Dying
      Rank 4 Crucible of Flame¨
    • Item level: 444
    • Cloak: 7

Not really time consuming to get a newly dinged alt up to speed. What I am behind now is item level and that's saying something since item level is so easy to get up until you hit around 455 then you need to do stuff like mythic 10++++ and heroic raid which is what I am doing next. I have not done anything else than what I usually do, I don't do dailies on the assaults, just the assaults themselves, and I even forgot to deliver a quest for the cloak once so I did a run without getting upgrade lol. I have gotten 50 to 100 echoes from each run in Horrific Visions.

Quote Originally Posted by 8bithamster View Post
    sure.. vessels account wide, got anymore fairytales?
    I'm asking how many vessels he had before the essences became account wide. Read the entire discussion, but carefully next time. Especially since I'm mentioning an alt not having that many. Thinking not your strongest side?

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    Newly dinged alt, 20 hours played(before I did transmog runs, 22 hours now)

• 77.5 HoA level
    • Essences
      Rank 3 Blood of the Enemy
      Rank 3 Conflict and Strife
      Rank 3 Breath of the Dying
      Rank 4 Crucible of Flame¨
    • Item level: 444
    • Cloak: 7

Not really time consuming to get a newly dinged alt up to speed. What I am behind now is item level and that's saying something since item level is so easy to get up until you hit around 455 then you need to do stuff like mythic 10++++ and heroic raid which is what I am doing next. I have not done anything else than what I usually do, I don't do dailies on the assaults, just the assaults themselves, and I even forgot to deliver a quest for the cloak once so I did a run without getting upgrade lol. I have gotten 50 to 100 echoes from each run in Horrific Visions.
    Don't start celebrating just yet. You will still be quite behind because of corruptions. Hours played don't matter, because those most likely spanned over 2-3 weeks. Amount of weekly resets would be a better metric, because that is the problem - it takes resets, even if in hours played it could be something miniscule, like 5 hours or so just for the emissaries, invasions and a mythic plus for the weekly chest. It's the weekly timegate that bothers people with it.
    Last edited by mauserr; 2020-03-28 at 12:39 PM.

I'm asking how many vessels he had before the essences became account wide. Read the entire discussion, but carefully next time. Especially since I'm mentioning an alt not having that many. Thinking not your strongest side?

Don't start celebrating just yet. You will still be quite behind because of corruptions.
    you're trying too hard to make a mountain out of a molehill, pal

Don't start celebrating just yet. You will still be quite behind because of corruptions. Hours played don't matter, because those most likely spanned over 2-3 weeks. Amount of weekly resets would be a better metric, because that is the problem - it takes resets, even if in hours played it could be something miniscule, like 5 hours or so just for the emissaries, invasions and a mythic plus for the weekly chest. It's the weekly timegate that bothers people with it.
    It's my alt, I don't "get behind", and its very powerful compared to the time invested. And don't get me started on corruption. All my alts got Infinite Stars, except my main. Given up on the main completely. So yeah, the rng part of corruption sucks. But for alts I couldn't care much. On my second hunter yesterday I did my 5th vision on it, got rank 3 infinite stars. I wasn't even happy, just furious because another alt get it while my main with 100s of hours played in 8.3 got shit corruption. No Bad Luck Protection on it either and the difference is higher than the legendaries in Legion. I can go all the way to Shadowlands without getting Infinite Stars on my main.

Again, the post was just a metric of how much power you can get in a short amount of time. I dinged 120 on tuesday. Alts ain't a problem in 8.3. It's very easy to power up. My issue is that the one character I care the most about doesn't get good corruption. Only one among the raiders that have not gotten at least Infinite Stars rank 2/3 so far.

Predictably this system worked out great. Feels insanely easy to catch alts up at this point, especially if you have some friends to carry m+ for you (even more so when they armor stack for you so you get two 465 pieces every run almost), pretty quick to unlock at least 4 r3 essences which is all you really need for your main spec most of the time, and the neck moves along to 75 really fast now as well so that's not too bad either.

Overall I went in to 8.3 figuring I'd never play any of my alts until Shadowlands, and now I already have multiple I plan on keeping up to date. Biggest thing now is the cloak upgrade, mostly because doing the visions 5 times a week is just tedious, luckily though that'll be finished eventually and I'll be able to just do m+ and arenas on them.

After 1 and a half week of gameplay i gathered 2000 of this currency.
    Is completely acceptable in my opinion.

I just wish everything in the game was like this.