Poll: Which is better?

Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    That which is presented without evidence can be dismissed without evidence. The wailing and gnashing of teeth over the effects of classic players on the TBC economy are completely divorced from reality and not backed up by any facts about what has happened when expansions have come out before.

Not once, ever, in the history of WoW, has an economy become so jacked up when an expansion came out that the game was ruined for everyone. It has never happened and it will never happen.
    Never has an expansion offered the potential to copy gold, either.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Heathy View Post
    its not though because you only need a certain amount of shit and most of it you can grind yourself, jesus christ. gold means mostly fuck all in wow, it has very little intrinsic power if you're not inherently shit at the game.
    If gold is such a non-issue for you, then certainly you wouldn’t mind a (extreme case) complete reset to zero, right? Why are you concerned with how much gold you won’t have?
    "Auto-correct is my worst enema."

its not though because you only need a certain amount of shit and most of it you can grind yourself, jesus christ.
    You mean in completely overcrowded spots because only those who prepped for TBC like maniacs are able to afford to buy it off the auction house?

gold means mostly fuck all in wow, it has very little intrinsic power if you're not inherently shit at the game.
    That's utterly false in Classic and TBC.

the issue is that player in the past we're quite terrible at the game
    Going from what the more educated people from private servers scene said, the requirements will still be stepping up.
    If your healers are OOM after a minute into a fight because they refused to take Flask / Pots / Runes, you're fucked and Naxx fights aren't going to last 30 seconds, no amount of "better player" is going to help you there because the battle is primarily a numerical one.

i'm just concerned about the entitled ppl who think the game needs a reset because they can't be bothered to just play the game. like everyone else. the whole if i don't have it you can't have it either cry baby mentality.

i have about 260 gold, if i have 1000, 2000 3000g going into tbc it really won't matter at all in the long run. I don't grind gold unless I need that gold after that, usually after the singular gold sink in the game, it just amasses by itself regardless. then one day you're like 'oh cool i got enough to blow 2000 gold on my alt for whatever pointless reason'. great, buying power, yeah, go economy! woo.

you need enough gold to cover whatever gold sink you have, if you aren't raiding you should be spending time gathering consumables for your next raid, this is possible to do in a day. the game doesn't require you to rely on the auction for anything, most things can be farmed with an alt if you don't have the profession on your main, why do i have to explain the basics of the game.

tip 1

l2p

tip 2

care less about what try hards might do

tip 3

enjoy the game more. and the auction house less.
    Last edited by Heathy; 2020-03-31 at 10:45 PM.

-snip-
    Dunning–Kruger effect: The post.

likewise my friend likewise. for each of your posts.

in terms of success, i'm not too bothered how far we get through classic, my goal is to just have fun in the game, my guild could totally fold tomorrow but we're doing fine so its highly unlikely, I don't intend on leaving my guild and my guild has invested a lot into me so its unlikely they'll kick me for no real reason. I'm sure whatever happens, tbc will be whatever it is I'm not too worried about it at this stage.

I don't see blizzard wiping anyones gold because they haven't ever done that, they didn't do it the first time and they haven't done that for any expansion since then. why they would randomly have everyone start at zero gold because there maybe some sweaty try hards that have more gold than me, pass, let them keep their gold, its not going to affect me or how I play the game.

once you have the ability to copy character or transfer characters over it doesn't matter if their gold is zeroed out because there are other ways of transferring value if you really wanted to, with items, are we saying then that all mats and all items need to be wiped so basically noone has anything that they achieved in classic carry over. if you stop gold you just force ppl to stockpile items instead. not that ppl won't do that anyway its part of the game and there is no reason why it needs to be arbitrarily wiped. if you want to farm gold so you're prepared for gold sinks later on you should be able to do that, if you want to. instead of whining about ppl having more gold than you, simply spend this time farming gold, so you have enough gold so that the whole thing becomes a non-issue, as it is for me. if you were farming gold now instead of complaining about ppl having more gold than you, simply become the solution to your own problem.

as far as i'm concerned the only things that matter are, palas and shamans getting a level up grace period, which seems fairer than it was the first time, and pre-nerf bosses, if they want to nerf everything before hypothetical wrath servers they could but lets have the difficulty be somewhat close to what it was pre-nerf. gated t5 i'm not sure, it was open albeit it bugged at the start. the most try hardy guilds could probably get attuned in a couple weeks so i dunno perhaps it should be gated.
    Last edited by Heathy; 2020-04-01 at 12:09 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by relaxok View Post
    Transfer (not copy) to new TBC servers, no non-soulbound items, no gold, Dark Portal closed for 6-8 weeks
    That.... Actually sounds pretty good

My biggest fear with transfering over Classic characters to TBC is that people will bring with them a massive economy, that removes the "fresh" feel of the entire experience. I would not mind people being lvl 60 and having gear, and if they were limited to 500g and empty bags, that would solve most of my fears for the transfer idea
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Dug View Post
    Fair enough it's probably not on the radar. Transfers would have to suffice but I see the same economy problems arising
    Take the option blizzard had, that all current realms were made into TBC realms and that players who wanted to keep classic had to transfer. Would you be fine with losing all your gold, collectables and so on?
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

5+ Year Old Account
    Question. If they keep Classic and BC servers separate, will there be a Dark Portal opening? Where would you start in BC? just standing at the portal in ouland?
    “I've noticed that everybody that is for abortion has already been born.”
    ― Ronald Regan

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    Take the option blizzard had, that all current realms were made into TBC realms and that players who wanted to keep classic had to transfer. Would you be fine with losing all your gold, collectables and so on?
    Nah personally I fully intent on playing BC classic if that's the case. Not that I have much to hold onto anyways I quit after getting my epic mount and have crappy quest greens/some blues and like 30 something gold lol

Quote Originally Posted by Dug View Post
    Nah personally I fully intent on playing BC classic if that's the case. Not that I have much to hold onto anyways I quit after getting my epic mount and have crappy quest greens/some blues and like 30 something gold lol
    That's what they call the authentic vanilla experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Highelf View Post
    Question. If they keep Classic and BC servers separate, will there be a Dark Portal opening? Where would you start in BC? just standing at the portal in ouland?
    yes ofc, cuz a seperate server can still start before portal opens by like a few hour or something

voted other option.
    Best if they do new servers for TBC, my classic char is made for a classic experience.
    New characters for tbc would be most fun, atleast imo =)

Either start at level 1 or 58, but fresh is what I think would create the best atmosphere for a joyfully experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Thistlebox View Post
    voted other option.
    Best if they do new servers for TBC, my classic char is made for a classic experience.
    New characters for tbc would be most fun, atleast imo =)

Either start at level 1 or 58, but fresh is what I think would create the best atmosphere for a joyfully experience.
    but no one wants to lose their characters from classic going into tbc

Quote Originally Posted by letssee View Post
    but no one wants to lose their characters from classic going into tbc
    Yeah I understand that, maybe cause i just dinged 60 on classic like one week ago I dont really have any commitment to my character yet, so i cba. But if TBC comes in a year or so I will probably feel different and want to level my gnome lock into TBC adventure world.
    But when everyone starts at the same starting line it feels better and more rewarding during the experience at least for me

I would rather relive what we had originally 13 years ago. Vanilla into TBC. Personally, TBC was such an upgrade from vanilla I cant see why anyone would want to 'linger' in classic. Besides that, vanilla content was still very much still there with TBC (except for maybe endgame).

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope they settle down on #nochanges shit. Arena is going to be...yeah...

As for the poll I prefer the first option. Seamless transition into TBC.

These poll results are confusing to me.

Are there really more people who want to sit in classic forever than people who want BC? Or am I reading this wrong?

Until I see hard proof, I still think the majority want BC instead of sitting in classic forever.

To add something, I think the concerns of economy issues are overblown. It'll be just like back then, a handful of people will go into BC will 10's of thousands of gold, and the vast majority will go in with under 1k. I don't see a problem.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think one of the reasons blizzard didn't say copy and said transfer is that if you can move one character you can stack all your gold and copy one character at a time to get 10x your gold.

Unlike Vanilla I didn't need to convince my parents to buy it for me and pay monthly as I had a job and was done with school. TBC was my first midnight launch of a game, I went with my sister and remember talking with others in line and even met some people from my server. When we got home we installed it and logged in and waited in front of the dark portal waiting for it to go live. When it did go live everyone tried to zone at once and only a few got in at a time the rest kicked out and raging in Vent. I got through. Even with so many being stuck at the portal tagging mobs was the hard part of a quest. The server first 70s were smart and went straight for zanger.

To give a similar experience I think should should just make a copy of the server as it is and have it have the TBC launch on the copy. This would allow us to have classic servers and TBC servers. I am sure anyone on a shit server now that is looking for a free transfer when TBC comes out will hate this idea. The open world PvP events like Halaa were fun and servers like Stalagg won't have them.

Quote Originally Posted by Azsune View Post
    I think one of the reasons blizzard didn't say copy and said transfer is that if you can move one character you can stack all your gold and copy one character at a time to get 10x your gold. .
    Yeah because it would be IMPOSSIBLE to find a solution to that, right? =)

But honestly. Your vanilla gear will mean shit, your vanilla titles will mean shit. So making new lvl 58 characters isn't that bad. I would rather argue that we can make new lvl 60 characters with full blue atleast though, lvl 58 with not full dungeon or raid gear is a pain to start lvling in Hellfire.

Quote Originally Posted by Askyl View Post
    But honestly. Your vanilla gear will mean shit, your vanilla titles will mean shit. So making new lvl 58 characters isn't that bad. I would rather argue that we can make new lvl 60 characters with full blue atleast though, lvl 58 with not full dungeon or raid gear is a pain to start lvling in Hellfire.

My Thunderfury and Winterspring mount would disagree.