View Poll Results: Do you hate the graphics of reforged?

Voters
507. This poll is closed
  • Love it!

199 39.25%
  • Hate it!

308 60.75%
    5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ardenaso View Post
    Bump. the Hiveworkshop community are now making custom models and skins for Reforged.

I say we should use their works to make do with the missing models in the campaign:

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wa...g-models/22999

https://www.reddit.com/r/warcraft3/c...y_made_models/

https://www.reddit.com/r/WC3/comment...o_make_do_for/
    Did Hive ever make a full TBC-era Draenei race playable?
    I remember it was in the works back in 2010.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilithvia View Post
    Did Hive ever make a full TBC-era Draenei race playable?
    I remember it was in the works back in 2010.
    some guy made Ultimate Battle that includes Draenei and Lightforged Draenei, yes.

The AI is shit though
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

3+ Year Old Account
    Is still the game unplayable? I'd like to play it, but if it is that bad, no thanks.

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nak88 View Post
    Is still the game unplayable? I'd like to play it, but if it is that bad, no thanks.
    Campaign's finally playable; multiplayer is still unranked only.

- - - Updated - - -

some guy made Ultimate Battle that includes Draenei and Lightforged Draenei, yes.

The AI is shit though
    The AI is shit at anything that isn't me orc. me smash.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dumb question TBH ... Game is just screwed up no matter about graphic that much. Maybe FPS issue world 60 fps vs models 30fps. Did they already patched the game? Oppss i dont care any more! I recived cash back for that crap.

Warcraft 3 was such epic times. I recall the very first WoW mini website showing the first shots of WoW on the WC3 main page. Exciting times back then, with amazing things in store. Its just too bad Blizzard are what they are now, and its shocking how much things change. Fun's over.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by czarek View Post
    Dumb question TBH ... Game is just screwed up no matter about graphic that much. Maybe FPS issue world 60 fps vs models 30fps. Did they already patched the game? Oppss i dont care any more! I recived cash back for that crap.
    ...So this was a bait post then. Summon the @Aucald;

The AI is shit at anything that isn't me orc. me smash.
    When you say shit, do you mean worse than the original game or better but still shit? Cause I liked playing with and against AI.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    When you say shit, do you mean worse than the original game or better but still shit? Cause I liked playing with and against AI.
    About the same. You can still cheese with orc watch towers and what not

3+ Year Old Account
    Campaign's finally playable
    playable but not enjoyable IMO there's too many incomplete shit yet

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wa...launched/11658

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wa...e-update/20970

And then we originally were supposed to have both Classic and Updated/Reforged campaign in Reforged. I started this thread and maybe eventually, I may come to create an "actually reforged" custom campaign that might even get more acclamation than the campaign we have right now

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wa...campaign/20799
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

5+ Year Old Account
    playable but not enjoyable IMO there's too many incomplete shit yet

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wa...launched/11658

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wa...e-update/20970

And then we originally were supposed to have both Classic and Updated/Reforged campaign in Reforged. I started this thread and maybe eventually, I may come to create an "actually reforged" custom campaign that might even get more acclamation than the campaign we have right now

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wa...campaign/20799
    This is why cutting shit isn't a good idea.
    Blizzard promised a Reforged campaign and then we didn't even get that.

- - - Updated - - -

3+ Year Old Account
    Is it too much to ask if I beg for some of the Shadowlands team to move to Reforged and fix the game?

Some artists to fix the models for unique units and proper doodads and the damn terrain would be nice too

It is too much, because this budget remake went over budget, and they aren't recouping any of it with all the refunds over this incomplete mess.

There isn't any money left for new assets, just the time and efforts of the few devs they originally budget for the long-term maintenance of the game. Even the lead artist left Blizz shortly before the game was released, and he worked on the original game.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2020-04-12 at 12:42 AM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    It is too much, because this budget remake went over budget, and they aren't recouping any of it with all the refunds over this incomplete mess.

There isn't any money left for new assets, just the time and efforts of the few devs they originally budget for the long-term maintenance of the game. Even the lead artist left Blizz shortly before the game was released, and he worked on the original game.
    *they went overbudget waiting until the last possible moment to work on the game, cut most major additions, outsourced to Lemon Sky, had to funnel money towards Kotick's illegal hobbies, and didn't make money when people refunded like they rightfully should.

I'd love to know what has happened behind the scenes. If I had to guess I'd say that the team got pressured way to much to get the game out ASAP, having only a year after the announcement during Blizzcon 2018. Then when the game was halfway with all the models and new systems done they probably knew that they didn't had time and resources left to redo the entire campaign, so instead its just the same campaign with different models and some changes to the audio. This makes me wonder why they were even given so little time to make the game. Even when it was announced I found it hard to believe that the game could be finished by the end of next yeart while there was obviously still a lot of work left to be done.

I wish they would've just done a remake similiar to AoE2 and the upcoming C&C. Basically take the original game and update its graphics, AI, systems, soundtracks, cutscenes etc. With Reforged it feels like they have downgraded with about everything. They hyped it up to be a remaster rather than a remake, and they screwed it up completely. I don't expect massive changes to the game either. They have been very silent since the games launch with Brack just saying ''its been a rough time for the game and the players expect a lot from us''.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    I'd love to know what has happened behind the scenes. If I had to guess I'd say that the team got pressured way to much to get the game out ASAP, having only a year after the announcement during Blizzcon 2018. Then when the game was halfway with all the models and new systems done they probably knew that they didn't had time and resources left to redo the entire campaign, so instead its just the same campaign with different models and some changes to the audio. This makes me wonder why they were even given so little time to make the game. Even when it was announced I found it hard to believe that the game could be finished by the end of next yeart while there was obviously still a lot of work left to be done.

I wish they would've just done a remake similiar to AoE2 and the upcoming C&C. Basically take the original game and update its graphics, AI, systems, soundtracks, cutscenes etc. With Reforged it feels like they have downgraded with about everything. They hyped it up to be a remaster rather than a remake, and they screwed it up completely. I don't expect massive changes to the game either. They have been very silent since the games launch with Brack just saying ''its been a rough time for the game and the players expect a lot from us''.
    They waited till the last moment of the dev cycle to update graphics, models, cinematics, maps, and add new campaign missions, so they cut most of what we were promised and people refunded.

*they went overbudget waiting until the last possible moment to work on the game, cut most major additions, outsourced to Lemon Sky, had to funnel money towards Kotick's illegal hobbies, and didn't make money when people refunded like they rightfully should.
    The outsourcing happened well before we even knew the project existed, and tbh isn't the problem with the game. Even if people aren't all on board with the direction of the graphics, they're still a plus. Its more the fact it was all put together haphazardly and without the polish we expect out of a Blizzard game.

Animations were missing, shaders were completely messed up, saturation values were wrong... So many things that had nothing to do with the actual outsourcing.

They honestly bit off more than they could chew, and the higher ups seem to have no faith in allowing the project to get the dedication it needed to be a complete game.

Honest question, does this game have a meaningful playerbase that could be considered larger than WC3-Classic's?

Is the performance still horrible for ~2 year old PCs (compared to games that actually work properly)

Basically, did anything improve by now?
    Is there a proper ladder now?
    Or is it still inferior to the original?

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    Honest question, does this game have a meaningful playerbase that could be considered larger than WC3-Classic's?

Is the performance still horrible for ~2 year old PCs (compared to games that actually work properly)

Basically, did anything improve by now?
    Is there a proper ladder now?
    Or is it still inferior to the original?
    No ladder; don't bother trying to download the old WC3, Blizzard took it down, etc etc

3+ Year Old Account
    No ladder; don't bother trying to download the old WC3, Blizzard took it down, etc etc
    even the bootleg clients that doesn't auto-update and can easily run on CD-key generators?