Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

So...where are the final pair of Allied Races?

So 8.3.5 was cancelled presumably because they're putting everything into Shadowlands.

But we still don't have the allied races that correspond to undead and worgen.

So...with only one pair of AR left, are they really going to just abort the system and leave us hanging? It would be a really ugly thing to do.
    Last edited by kansor; 2022-04-11 at 07:54 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    She lost against Arthas for purpose. She wanted to feed Quel'thalas to hungering darkness.

You can’t cancel the patch if it was never planned and they’re just probably going to add them later on in the game

what makes you think there's gonna be any more allied races in BFA? :3 Expect to see them show up again during shadowlands.
    "Remember when trade conversation had to do with bartering goods and services? Pepperidge Farm remembers..."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kansor View Post
    So 8.3.5 was cancelled presumably because they're putting everything into Shadowlands.

So...with only one pair of AR left, are they really going to just abort the system and leave us hanging? It would be a really ugly thing to do.
    Um... you can't cancel something that was never announced in the first place.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account

we don't need another pair. including allied races, there are currently 12 races in the game per faction. there are also exactly 12 classes. why would they add another which upsets that balance

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    we don't need another pair. including allied races, there are currently 12 races in the game per faction. there are also exactly 12 classes. why would they add another which upsets that balance
    There is also one allied race per core race, which is the more significant symmetry. There's one empty flag spot at each Embassy and one empty bracket in the AR interface.
    She lost against Arthas for purpose. She wanted to feed Quel'thalas to hungering darkness.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    There is also one allied race per core race, which is the more significant symmetry. There's one empty flag spot at each Embassy and one empty bracket in the AR interface.
    well ok, what races would you have put in that both match up with the core races and the expansion?

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Um... you can't cancel something that was never announced in the first place.
    Took the words right out of my mouth. I see this complaint very often but never quite found the right way to put it. It's "Ghostcrawler promised me a pony" all over again, except more toxic this time.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

10+ Year Old Account
    well ok, what races would you have put in that both match up with the core races and the expansion?
    I thought 'lightbound' undead were a sure thing but with no 8.3.5 I'm not so sure now. I figured it was either them or the undead that were abandoned by Sylvanas (like Summermoon, the other rangers, etc) and Saberon since some of them fled to Azeroth (I think) along with the Maghar orcs.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by monkaTOS View Post
    They'll probably arrive with the pre-patch. Didn't they do the same thing at end of Legion as well?
    Legion allied races arrived in January '18, quite a bit before 8.0 appeared.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Like Mirishka said, the most popular predictions are saberon for worgen and lightforged undead like Calia.

Saberon makes sense (it even works with the cats vs dogs thing). But light undead are pretty dumb. Instead, I would have a new faction of undead who become independent when the Helm of Domination breaks, similar to how the Forsaken broke free originally.

either scrapped or delayed to Shadowlands pre-patch or in the actual expansion later on, like 9.2

The next pairs will be named customized options for excisting races so now you can be the Wildhammer Dwarf you always wanted to be or play like an undead rocker who clearly lifts!

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Like Mirishka said, the most popular predictions are saberon for worgen and lightforged undead like Calia.

Saberon makes sense (it even works with the cats vs dogs thing). But light undead are pretty dumb. Instead, I would have a new faction of undead who become independent when the Helm of Domination breaks, similar to how the Forsaken broke free originally.
    I mean to me 9.0 makes the most sense to introduce those 2. Lightforged Undead for the Alliance led by Calia Menethil who maybe come to the aid of Alliance villages getting attacked by the Scourge and Saberon who were found and welcomed by the Trolls/Orcs in the Barrens who recognised them from Draenor. They are attacked by the Undead, the Horde arrives to save them and the Saberon join them as thanks.

7+ Year Old Account
    Pandaren, which are a bit too neutral to introduce such.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Pandaren, which are a bit too neutral to introduce such.
    I mean, I guess there isn't anything saying Allied Races can't be Neutral...

10+ Year Old Account
    Furbolg for Alliance, Forest Trolls for Horde.

Hey, a man can dream!

I’ll be honest, the gross asymmetry in the alliance embassy bugs they utter shit out of me! I can’t believe it was always the plan to leave it like that!

I do think we’re done with allied races for BFA, but I don’t think this was always the complete spread of BFA allied races.

15+ Year Old Account
    I think the open spaces are just for future expansions / events. Not Bfa.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    There’s not going to be another allied race.

One of those threads again

Just because there is physical space in the interface, it doesn't mean that something must be added to fill it. That is just your assumption, which is not based on anything factual. Vulpera and Mechagnomes were always presented to us as the last pair. There's countless examples where something could potentially be added to the interface in the game, and yet it isn't.

8.3.5 was never cancelled. cancelled would mean that it was planned and scrapped. This was not the case, at least not to our knowledge. Blizz just announced it's not coming.