Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I love the assumption that allied races cannot be added in other expansions down the road

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    Just because there is physical space in the interface, it doesn't mean that something must be added to fill it. That is just your assumption, which is not based on anything factual.
    It's based on the fact that AR clearly have a 1-to-1 correspondence to the core races.

human - kt human
    orc - maghar
    dwarf - dark iron
    troll - zandalari
    tauren - moosetauren
    draenei - lightforged
    night elf - nightborne
    blood elf - void elf
    goblin - vulpera
    gnome - mechagnome
    undead - ?
    worgen - ?
    Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    She lost against Arthas for purpose. She wanted to feed Quel'thalas to hungering darkness.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Razion View Post
    I mean, I guess there isn't anything saying Allied Races can't be Neutral...
    right you are, i just made a video on that actually, so please go to REDACTED and check it out!

But nah seriously, people dont "like" neutral races which is sad.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kansor View Post
    So 8.3.5 was cancelled presumably because they're putting everything into Shadowlands.

But we still don't have the allied races that correspond to undead and worgen.

So...with only one pair of AR left, are they really going to just abort the system and leave us hanging? It would be a really ugly thing to do.
    1 - They didn't "cancel" 8.3.5. It was not even announced, and things associated with it (as in, some voice-lines and other little things) are in-game already.

2 - Why do you think we'll get allied races that correspond to undead and worgen? This wasn't advertised.

3 - Stop getting disappointed when random expectations built by yourself aren't met.

3+ Year Old Account
    I just want the Alteraci (back) to the Horde as an allied race
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

So 8.3.5 was cancelled presumably because they're putting everything into Shadowlands.

But we still don't have the allied races that correspond to undead and worgen.

So...with only one pair of AR left, are they really going to just abort the system and leave us hanging? It would be a really ugly thing to do.
    They never said we'd get Allied Races for every Race that already exists, so I don't know where you're getting the idea we have two more coming.

Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    2 - Why do you think we'll get allied races that correspond to undead and worgen? This wasn't advertised.

3 - Stop getting disappointed when random expectations built by yourself aren't met.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowsgrace View Post
    They never said we'd get Allied Races for every Race that already exists, so I don't know where you're getting the idea we have two more coming.

See post 23.

It would take blindness to not notice the pattern and expect fulfillment.
    Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    She lost against Arthas for purpose. She wanted to feed Quel'thalas to hungering darkness.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    See post 23.
    Cute, you found some correlation.

No Allied-Race connected to Undead or Worgen were advertised or guaranteed. There's a million things announced or even hinted by Blizzard that never made it to the game, but this ain't the case here.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Wonder if people would be at all receptive to Blood & High elves going neutral in a Pandaren way of choosing a path to kind of resolve the entire dilemma of "Blood Elves being High Elves vs People Wanting Alliance High Elves vs People Not Wanting Blood Elves To Leave Horde".

8.3.5 was scrapped and last set of AR was delayed. We will get them later. Some people choose to go full retard with "nOtHiNg WaS aNnOuNcEd MeAnS iT wAs NoT sCrApPeD", but it is up to them.

See post 23.

It would take blindness to not notice the pattern and expect fulfillment.
    Well you know what happens when one Assumes, correct?

I'm still hoping for Saberon for Horde and Lightforged Undead for Alliance, but there is no official word from Blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowsgrace View Post
    Well you know what happens when one Assumes, correct?
    they end up being either right or wrong?

7+ Year Old Account
    They likely never existed. With every Allied Race there existed player quality models prior to release, they appeared listed as a race before release too. Allied Races weren't big secrets, as soon as Vulpera were revealed they were called as an allied race, and from Blizzcon 2018 Mechagnomes were clearly designed to be so as well. As much as people may of liked theory crafting about Lightbound Undead or Saberon they didn't have any of the telltale signs of allied races, as they completely lacked any evidence whatsoever that they were intended to be added.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    -snip-
    I do! I'd like a neutral Allied Race based on SL's Covenants

Quote Originally Posted by Razion View Post
    Wonder if people would be at all receptive to Blood & High elves going neutral in a Pandaren way of choosing a path to kind of resolve the entire dilemma of "Blood Elves being High Elves vs People Wanting Alliance High Elves vs People Not Wanting Blood Elves To Leave Horde".
    Sounds like a good idea to me. Not sure if Blizzard would do it though

But how would this work for existing Blood Elf characters? Would they still stay Horde?
    Last edited by LemonDemonGirl; 2020-04-04 at 07:31 PM.
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

Quote Originally Posted by Omedon View Post
    I’ll be honest, the gross asymmetry in the alliance embassy bugs they utter shit out of me! I can’t believe it was always the plan to leave it like that!

I do think we’re done with allied races for BFA, but I don’t think this was always the complete spread of BFA allied races.
    well a lot of things got changed in bfa that werent initialy planed,like abandoning the azerite system

10+ Year Old Account
    It's based on the fact that AR clearly have a 1-to-1 correspondence to the core races.

human - kt human
    orc - maghar
    dwarf - dark iron
    troll - zandalari
    tauren - moosetauren
    draenei - lightforged
    night elf - nightborne
    blood elf - void elf
    goblin - vulpera
    gnome - mechagnome
    undead - ?
    worgen - ?
    Only thing linked to goblins and vulperas is the size.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Blackwing Heroine BlackwingHecate's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    Only thing linked to goblins and vulperas is the size.
    And that they share a base skeleton, in the same way as nightborne and Night Elves do.
    Nostalgia is the hollow remnants of memories long gone.

-Kaito Kumon (Kamen Rider Baron)

Quote Originally Posted by Bwonsamdi the Dead View Post
    Sounds like a good idea to me. Not sure if Blizzard would do it though

But how would this work for existing Blood Elf characters? Would they still stay Horde?
    I mean, not that I don't see a few problems with it...
    Horde basically still have Blood Elves, Alliance getting High Elf option... so Horde would have to get something new, basically, at the same time this is done.
    High Elves would still have to look distinct from not only Blood Elves but Void Elves as well.
    I'd worry if Alliance would be resentful of getting Blood Elves 'again', but I guess that depends on how unique they make High Elves look, or even if they use the Blood Elf model for High Elves at all. The more unique High Elves are probably, the less of a headache all of that is.

If the High Elves are unique enough, I think they could let Blood and Void Elves stay as is without needing to give out any faction/race changes. Nevertheless, if they release High Elves alongside, say, a really fast leveling event while they also know they're coming in advance before they say, use a character boost for a new expac on something else, then it would probably make the situation better there as well. But in the case High Elves didn't look all that unique, I do think in that case they would probably need to open up options for Void Elves and Blood Elves to change to High Elves. This would all be influenced by how unique the High Elves can be made to look.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Maybe we'll get an update on where they're at once the xp buff is gone...

Likely they're just rolled into prepatch for when SL rolls around the corner.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.