10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Inuyaki View Post
    That graph he just showed in the briefing was just hilarious.
    He is so fucking stupid, it is unbelievable.

Edit
    Maybe some context.
    He showed a graph of tests over the last ~20-30 days or so.
    While talking about how beautiful that graph is and how much testings are increasing, yada yada yada
    It was a graph that showed cumulative tests and was increasing pretty much linearly.
    0.5% of the population tested in the wealthiest nation,
    Is it just the only way Trump and his screeching band can try to make a claim is to throw numbers out with the hope no one asks any more questions?

Quote Originally Posted by D Luniz View Post
    0.5% of the population tested in the wealthiest nation,
    Is it just the only way Trump and his screeching band can try to make a claim is to throw numbers out with the hope no one asks any more questions?
    You can tell the stress is finally getting to him...this press conference is going off the rail moreso than the others...

Trump looks like hes going to go clean out all the IGs in the government at this rate

Trump: We are the Federal Government!! You are on your own...these press conferences are free advertisement later this year for the general election when he tries to say "I alone fixed the pandemic"
    Last edited by akris15; 2020-04-06 at 10:35 PM.

btw, the "incredible" graph:

He really is too dumb to know that cumulative means and thinks that more tests are done every day, lol

Wow, MMO C actually has one of these anti-Trump shitshow lunacy threads huh ?

Let me guess, he's ancient and could be on a beach drinkinh cocktails, circumvented two utter failure attempts at getting him out of office which only showed how corrupt the media and govn't is, brokered peace between two implacable countries after literally shitting on the North one and its leader for months and brought unemployment rates pre-corona to historic lows.

YEAH, BUT HE SAYS MEAN THINGS!!!!!!!

This is from a non-USA resident BTW, you people have no idea how well you have it going. Our European countries rape and crime statistics have jumped 400%+ because we let anyone and everyone in, meanwhile you have a leader fighting for your interests and security and you make threads like this.

Haha......
    [Infraction]
    Last edited by Rozz; 2020-04-06 at 11:36 PM. Reason: Minor Trolling

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    btw, the "incredible" graph:

He really is too dumb to know that cumulative means and thinks that more tests are done every day, lol
    Haha, that is pretty funny. I might save that graph to use in the class I am planning on teaching "How to lie with Statistics".

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Jackson View Post
    Wow, MMO C actually has one of these anti-Trump shitshow lunacy threads huh ?

Let me guess, he's ancient and could be on a beach drinkinh cocktails, circumvented two utter failure attempts at getting him out of office which only showed how corrupt the media and govn't is, brokered peace between two implacable countries after literally shitting on the North one and its leader for months and brought unemployment rates pre-corona to historic lows.

YEAH, BUT HE SAYS MEAN THINGS!!!!!!!

This is from a non-USA resident BTW, you people have no idea how well you have it going. Our European countries rape and crime statistics have jumped 400%+ because we let anyone and everyone in, meanwhile you have a leader fighting for your interests and security and you make threads like this.

Haha......
    Yeah... no

The only thing you said that was true was your first question. Good job in figuring out that there is an Trump shitshow thread.

If you can point me to those "countries with 400% increased crime rate" please?
    Germany had the lowest crime rate last year since the 90s or so. Our crime rate (and especially homicide rate) is so much lower than in the US...
    Would not be surprised if other countries are pretty much the same. Sure in some countries it may have increased a bit, that is normal and happens even without immigration and will go down again.

https://thehill.com/policy/healthcar...-is-just-wrong

Trump disputes the IG finding that there were "severe" shortages of hospital supplies.

He won't way why. He won't show why. But it's wrong.

Trump seems to dislike inspectors general, because they keep highlighting the poor job he's doing. Or he thinks they are.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://thehill.com/policy/healthcar...-is-just-wrong

Trump disputes the IG finding that there were "severe" shortages of hospital supplies.

He won't way why. He won't show why. But it's wrong.

Trump seems to dislike inspectors general, because they keep highlighting the poor job he's doing. Or he thinks they are.
    I mean the position of Inspector General is pretty much the anti-thesis of everything Trump stands for. The entire job is focused on accountability, and impartial discovery of facts that are usually pretty unpleasant.

Trump just now:
    Some democrats because they view this as a campaign issue. They wanna make Trump looks as bad as they can, because they wanna try and win an election that they shouldn't be allowed to win, based on the fact that we have done a great job.

10+ Year Old Account
    Trump just now:

I heard that. Also demanding to know the name and organization of the inspector general who said something he disliked, railing against Governors and Schumer, and inviting his pet OAN reporter to stroke his ego.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    It's in a fucking tiger now, so it can spread to animals, oh goodie.

I thought this was known. There was the whole thing with people killing animals in the street over it.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    I thought this was known. There was the whole thing with people killing animals in the street over it.
    Not really.

There's always the initial panic trying to track down the source of the virus, which is almost always bats. Poor pangolin get hit with this : (

Then there were the earlier reports it live in dogs without symptoms, but that apparently isn't true.

Anything going on right now is panic killing, not the result of anything determined by data.

Though I don't think we should be too concerned about tigers as carriers. I imagine the more immediate concern would be, "Help, the potentially infected tiger is eating my face and I'm about to die of that before he can even pass the coronavirus to me."

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not really.

There's always the initial panic trying to track down the source of the virus, which is almost always bats. Poor pangolin get hit with this : (

Then there were the earlier reports it live in dogs without symptoms, but that apparently isn't true.

Anything going on right now is panic killing, not the result of anything determined by data.

Though I don't think we should be too concerned about tigers as carriers. I imagine the more immediate concern would be, "Help, the potentially infected tiger is eating my face and I'm about to die of that before he can even pass the coronavirus to me."
    I mean I know the killing was just panic. I guess I just assumed from that point that it was possible and no one wanted to say anything to cause more panic killing.

I even own a cat and I'm not worried. For him to get infected I would already have to have to been exposed myself anyways.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

10+ Year Old Account
    Haha, now Trump is talking about Capt. Crozier. This is the dumbest of all possible takes. He is going to look into it, which is code for "I will see if Capt. Crozier is willing to kiss my ass and campaign for me".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thekri View Post
    He is going to look into it.
    Interesting. Everyone up to Esper is defending the firing. So Trump has two choices:
    a) Overriding his own people that both fired a sick commander begging for his men to be saved, or
    b) Defending the firing of a sick commander begging for his men to be saved.

Again, it's a lot like the coronavirus situation. Trump screwed up the critical first weeks. He could either admit he screwed up, or keep screwing up. The fact that he screwed up originally is no longer up for debate.

Rush Limbaugh: “Are we just going to sit by and watch $22 trillion” economy be destroyed “under the guise of not losing any unnecessary life?”
    Medal of Freedom....shit.

So while this pandemic rages on, Republicans are trying really hard to either put people in danger, or suppress the vote, or do both.

I'm just gonna copy my post from the other thread.

https://www.documentcloud.org/docume...2-19A1016.html

Even more voter suppression:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/06/polit...ion/index.html

Wisconsin's state Supreme Court has overruled the governor's order to postpone Tuesday's election and ordered the election to proceed apace.
    By a 5–4 vote, the U.S. Supreme Court reverses a lower court order extending the deadline for mail-in ballots in Wisconsin
    Wisconsin's Supreme Court blocked Democratic Gov. Tony Evers' order to postpone Tuesday's election, despite his arguments that in-person voting could endanger poll workers and voters.

The court sided with Republicans who control the state legislature and opposed Evers' executive order Monday that sought to delay the election until June 9. The decision was 4-2, with the court's conservative majority backing the GOP's position.
    Shortly afterward, the US Supreme Court ruled in favor of the national and state Republican Party, blocking a lower court ruling that had given voters six extra days -- between Election Day and April 13 -- to turn in their absentee ballots.
    Instead, the US Supreme Court said in a 5-4 ruling -- opposed by the court's liberals -- that Wisconsin must only count ballots that are postmarked by Tuesday. Of nearly 1.3 million absentee ballots requested, about 550,000 had not yet been returned as of Monday morning.
    The two decisions marked the latest twists in legal battles that have thrown the primary into chaos as state and local elections officials have consolidated polling places and scrambled to find workers and supplies for those that will open.
    That's 42% of the vote that the've yet to get.

10+ Year Old Account
    So Trump said the IG report was "just wrong".

"Ah, the ICIG."

No, the other one.

"The DOJ IG?"

No, the other one.

"The one who said the Constitution prevented Trump from leasing a hotel?"

No, the other one.

"The DOD IG?"

He doesn't exist.

"The HHS IG?"

He doesn't exist.

"The Treasury IG?"

He doesn't exist.

"But shouldn't the Treasury IG be there, on account of Trump refusing oversight --"

Dammit, Trump's talking about this report from the HHS IG's office.

"...you said he doesn't exist."

He doesn't. His deputy does. Anyhow, the report says what we already know: hospitals across the country don't have what they need, and supplies are being given to them that flat-out don't work.

Trump handwaved the 34-page report without evidence.

Trump did not provide evidence for why the conclusions of the 34-page report are wrong.

He implied that he is mistrustful of inspectors general more broadly. He recently fired the inspector general of the intelligence community, which has drawn outrage from Democrats.

"Did I hear the word inspector general?" Trump said in response to the reporter's question about the findings.

"It's just wrong," Trump said of the report.

The inspector general report, released earlier Monday, was based on a survey of 323 randomly selected hospitals across the country.

It found "severe" shortages of tests and wait times as long as seven days for hospitals. It also found "widespread" shortfalls of protective equipment such as masks for health workers, something that doctors and nurses have also noted for weeks.

"The level of anxiety among staff is like nothing I’ve ever seen," one hospital administrator said in the report.

Brett Giroir, an assistant secretary of Health and Human Services, noted that the report's survey of hospitals was conducted March 23 to March 27. He said testing had improved since then and that it was "quite a long time ago."

Trump asked who the inspector general of the Department of Health and Human Services is.

"Where did he come from, the inspector general?" Trump said, adding, "What's his name?"

The office is currently led by Christi Grimm, the principal deputy inspector general.

According to her online biography, Grimm joined the inspector general's office in 1999.

Trump said the U.S. has now done more testing than any other country. "We are doing an incredible job on testing," he said.
    "Oh, well at least he didn't att--"

He also berated the reporter asking the question, saying testing has been a success.

"You should say, 'Congratulations. Great job' instead of being so horrid," Trump said.
    Once again, I call upon our resident Trump supporters to defend this.

The HHS IG's office -- Trump has left that head of office vacant for nine months -- said it was a bad job. Trump insisted the reporter say he did a good job. He did not address the report or its issues. And you saw, he asked where the IG came from -- and yes, the report came from someone there from 1999 so Clinton, and Bush, and Obama all kept her -- despite that it's his job to nominate one, and he hasn't.

Defend this behavior. The fact-finding report was dismissed because Trump's widdle feewings were hurt.

Any Trump supporter who fails to even attempt to defend this, will by that failure, admit they cannot defend this behavior.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/02/polit...rus/index.html

They're doing tests for people on planes, trains, and automobiles!

Well...not automobiles, this isn't infrastructure week.

And...also maybe not trains.

Also, not planes because why the heck not.

So no, nobody Trump said is receiving "strong tests" is actually being tested.

10+ Year Old Account
    So no, nobody Trump said is receiving "strong tests" is actually being tested.
    I don't know which is worse:
    1) The airlines refused to comment, which in turn, means the answer is "no, we're not testing"
    or
    2) That the government is screening some passengers when they arrive.

But, yes, yet another case where Trump goes on live TV to directly lie to the American people.