10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    Depends on your relationship with your parents really, can be different kind of Hell.

Also depends on your location some countries are going to start slowly opening up at the end of April early May.
    Apparently Texas is supposed to peak this month according to new models, so hopefully we can reopen by like early June / Late May.

I worry about Houston though. They could easily be the next NYC from what hospitals are saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Those are deaths.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

Also, I don't think anyone is testing dead people. So there are a lot of corona deaths that go unnoticed.
    For every covid-19 people who died and wasnt tested for it, i can almost certainly tell you that there're at least 10 more people who were infected and nevee got reported.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Apparently Texas is supposed to peak this month according to new models, so hopefully we can reopen by like early June / Late May.

I worry about Houston though. They could easily be the next NYC from what hospitals are saying.
    We've had a small dip in cases in the last 2 days here (went from 450 a day to 300) i hope this sets a trend.
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

10+ Year Old Account

I fear a lot of places in the US will be hitting their hospital limit, i believe the further this goes a long the more serious this gets taken by everyone in the US. The sooner a lockdown of sorts gets in place the sooner you can get a peak that is manageable.

In comparison to my own nation we are looking to maybe open up some places the earliest in May, we went in full lockdown the 18th of March so for me personally late May seems unlikely, but that's just a gut feeling. We moved our lockdown time once and are going to do it again, some regions have already declared when it comes to events nothing will happen till September.

Well being more in an urban area i am smelling barbecues i can't attend

I know unfair comparison.
    Oh they're doing that here too. Because they're idiots with no regard to safety. At least some of them are doing it on the roof...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    Oh they're doing that here too. Because they're idiots with no regard to safety. At least some of them are doing it on the roof...
    Like coal bbq's? I mean gas i can get, although i am not a big fan of meat on a gas grill.

Like coal bbq's? I mean gas i can get, although i am not a big fan of meat on a gas grill.
    Definitely smells like coal, yes. Like I said, no regard for safety. Fortunately there's a couple of fire stations within 2-3 minutes, but still it's ridiculously foolhardy. I knew people were going to get antsy now that the sun is out more often and today was really warm but now I wish they'd disobey the rules by going for a short walk instead of risking burning down the block. :P

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account

And the south overall really hasn't locked down like other states, IIRC. It seems like for part of the country, and therefore all of it, the worst is yet to come.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    And the south overall really hasn't locked down like other states, IIRC. It seems like for part of the country, and therefore all of it, the worst is yet to come.
    yeah Texas's gov wants the counties to handle lockdown orders. To be fair, the liberal ones shut down pretty early, with Dallas leading the way on March 14th. But at least Abbot isn't overriding the counties, like Florida or Alabama or Mississippi are doing -_-

5+ Year Old Account
    yeah Texas's gov wants the counties to handle lockdown orders. To be fair, the liberal ones shut down pretty early, with Dallas leading the way on March 14th. But at least Abbot isn't overriding the counties, like Florida or Alabama or Mississippi are doing -_-
    They reap what they sow.

The self demise of science deniers was going to happen eventually.

Unfortunately their ignorance is dragging the rest of us with them and personally I didn’t expect it so soon in my lifetime.

My wife and I were talking about this last night. When our son graduated from high school/College we were thinking about downsizing to a tiny house (300 sq ft). After this screw that I couldn't imagine being stuck in one of those for weeks at a time..
    I am not pro Flight, I am pro a better more engaging game. I just took the pro flight stance cause I knew Blizzard couldn't deliver. Looks like I was right

America's fractured response is going to be a massive issue when those under lockdown start reaching the point where they could look at (partially) repealing measures only for those around them to still be rampant infection hotbeds. Or worse the situation don't start to improve over time at all because new infections keep being brought in from other counties/states.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by lockybalboa View Post
    Alright! We've had a decline in new cases yesterday and things are looking rosy so far. Hopefully we will peak soon! #flattenitbaby
    You were told this before, a single day means absolute nothing while trying to identify a trend. Particularly right after a weekend. When the growth has slowed for a week is when you start hoping things are looking rosey, atm its safer to be cynical than hopeful because Easter + the bible belt could very well make things go from bad to worse!

10+ Year Old Account
    Alright! We've had a decline in new cases yesterday and things are looking rosy so far. Hopefully we will peak soon! #flattenitbaby
    You already said this before.

Are you going to repeat yourself until you're eventually right?

10+ Year Old Account
    The US just passed +1600 deaths for today, a new high over the previous of +1330. And the day's not over.

More notable is the fact that the total US deathtoll now stands at 12474, which surpasses the H1N1 outbreak a decade ago which ended at 12469.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    You already said this before.

Are you going to repeat yourself until you're eventually right?
    Sorry for spoiling your party man. Are you guys gonna rage on me every time i say this lol. Decline in new cases yesterday. Fact. Things point to slight reduction or same level of infection in the US today. And once againnnnnn I'm not saying the virus is gone. I'm just saying I hope it will peak soon. Then you guys get triggered. Seriously wtf man

Sorry for spoiling your party man. Are you guys gonna rage on me every time i say this lol. Decline in new cases yesterday. Fact. Things point to slight reduction or same level of infection in the US today. And once againnnnnn I'm not saying the virus is gone. I'm just saying I hope it will peak soon. Then you guys get triggered. Seriously wtf man
    The US is easily 2-3 weeks away from hitting a peak*. 1 day doesn't make a trend. Things are going to get a lot worse before they get better.

*And that's not even accounting for all the dumb states that are still pretending everything is fine which could push the peak further and further away.

10+ Year Old Account
    Look at the post above you and give me a minute to stop laughing at you.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    I assume the courts atleast got a good chuckle out of his sheer audacity before throwing it in the bin.

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Look at the post above you and give me a minute to stop laughing at you.
    What's wrong with what I've said? I said decline yesterday which is a fact. Then I said I hope it will peak soon. Hoping not allowed here? Only doomlords like you can stick around? Seriously are you that bored that you throw a shitpost like this for a chat? If you are triggered such a mild post here then you should take a look at true deniers like this shitter. I'll give you the address. You go debate them and beat some sense into them true deniers.
    Last edited by lockybalboa; 2020-04-07 at 09:19 PM.