Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Georg Von Vitzthum View Post
    GArgoyle and the centaur+faun people will not happen, too much complications in their model and 4 legs races will never be playable.

the others are possible
    Their not any more complicated as say Mechagnomes, hell all they got to do is cut a whole in the back for the male Gargoyles and cut of the Sleeves for the females, and in an interview back at Blizzcon they said they'd be willing to try making races with more or less than 2 legs when they make sense, so Naga, Centaur, and other less traditional humanoids may have a shot now

Quote Originally Posted by Psykho View Post
    Their not any more complicated as say Mechagnomes, hell all they got to do is cut a whole in the back for the male Gargoyles and cut of the Sleeves for the females, and in an interview back at Blizzcon they said they'd be willing to try making races with more or less than 2 legs when they make sense, so Naga, Centaur, and other less traditional humanoids may have a shot now
    They are much, much more complicated than Mechagnomes. The problem with mechagnomes is that the weird leg pieces clip through armor as do their animations: otherwise they use a slew of regular Gnome animations for things like riding mounts, etc.

You have to make a WHOLE NEW set of animations for a 4 legged race or a giant one like the gargoyles that takes into account their wings and tails.

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Wtf, these allied races are so much better than the ones we got in BfA. Except Void elves. What a surprise, I hope they become playable.
    Maybe that's because they will not be Allied races. Would be cool if they will be, but I think ppl are hyping up themselves a bit too much for what was considered a BfA feature afaik.

All four have some strong arguments for becoming Allied Races I'd love to see it happen, it's possible they'd go the neutral panda route but until we confirm/deny some of those rumors swirling about the prepatch no real point in speculating.

As for the people wondering why races that are confined to the realm of death would come to azeroth it could easily be explained through their lore
    -Kyrians need to earn their wings
    -Venthyr are trying to redeem themselves
    -Fauns are probably all about protecting the balance
    -Maldraxxians are probably happy to go anywhere where they can fight evil things

even if those are all wrong blizz(whether we like it or not sometimes) can decide what goes with a races lore

but would any of those really sound stranger than time traveling orcs coming by to fight another war they have no stake in? I don't think so.

never heard they saying a thing about more than 2 legs, i doubt centurs and others would fit

at least angas can wrap themselves in the mount..

Gargoyles still think they are too complicated to do, and winged, they wings are different from male to female, and if venthyr became playable somehow, it will be redundant.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by LostSinclair View Post
    All four have some strong arguments for becoming Allied Races I'd love to see it happen, it's possible they'd go the neutral panda route but until we confirm/deny some of those rumors swirling about the prepatch no real point in speculating.

As for the people wondering why races that are confined to the realm of death would come to azeroth it could easily be explained through their lore
    -Kyrians need to earn their wings
    -Venthyr are trying to redeem themselves
    -Fauns are probably all about protecting the balance
    -Maldraxxians are probably happy to go anywhere where they can fight evil things

even if those are all wrong blizz(whether we like it or not sometimes) can decide what goes with a races lore

but would any of those really sound stranger than time traveling orcs coming by to fight another war they have no stake in? I don't think so.
    not being confined anymore is a great start.

Since we help then, they could help us, cause both worlds need to be protected against evil forces or to protect balance, possibility to explore a new world, there is lots of possibilities.

Holy fucking shit.

We aren't getting anymore Allied Races. BfA is over. Stop, please.

Perma Demon and Angel forms. I can dig that.

Quote Originally Posted by Dravec View Post
    Holy fucking shit.

We aren't getting anymore Allied Races. BfA is over. Stop, please.
    Except we are, sorry boo <3

Homophobia is so gay.

One big problem, every race in Shadowlands are dead and have been for a very long time, when we leave shadowlands its not like they can follow us, so allied races you only can play in Shadowlands sound really dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    I'm going to guess that the ARs will join up in 9.2 or 9.3 and be as follows:

Alliance
    -Kyrians
    -Night Fae (Fauns)

Horde
    -Venthyr (Vampires)
    -Big Bulky Skeletons
    That's possible, but hopefully that won't be the case if they do it.

I'd hate it as an Alliance player to always have the same types of races (good and righteous vs chaotic good and edgy) and vice versa. It'd also be dumb to follow the Venthyr all through the expansion and in the end they become a Horde race...

If they ever add them as Allied Races, they should either finally mix things up a little bit or make them neutral.

Overall though I doubt that Blizz will add any new Allied Races this expansion. They were also very clear about that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Raven View Post
    One big problem, every race in Shadowlands are dead and have been for a very long time, when we leave shadowlands its not like they can follow us, so allied races you only can play in Shadowlands sound really dumb.
    That's a fair point, however Blizzard can just add lore to support that stuff. Death in WoW and the Shadowlands are topics that haven't been well explained ever.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    That's possible, but hopefully that won't be the case if they do it.

I'd hate it as an Alliance player to always have the same types of races (good and righteous vs chaotic good and edgy) and vice versa. It'd also be dumb to follow the Venthyr all through the expansion and in the end they become a Horde race...

If they ever add them as Allied Races, they should either finally mix things up a little bit or make them neutral.

Overall though I doubt that Blizz will add any new Allied Races this expansion. They were also very clear about that.

- - - Updated - - -

That's a fair point, however Blizzard can just add lore to support that stuff. Death in WoW and the Shadowlands are topics that haven't been well explained ever.
    Yeah but that also opens the door to everything can never die, if we can just enter shadowlands and bring them back to life.

I'm pretty sure Allied Races were a BFA feature and not meant to go further? I could be wrong but I don't see anymore Allied Races being added.

Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    I'm going to guess that the ARs will join up in 9.2 or 9.3 and be as follows:

Alliance
    -Kyrians
    -Night Fae (Fauns)

Horde
    -Venthyr (Vampires)
    -Big Bulky Skeletons
    This has been speculated since Blizzcon, especially as the dead heroes related to these covenants are uther and cenarius for kyrian and night fae (also tyrande will be there), while in the other two covenants draka and kael were mentioned. The covenants could align with the factions in future patches, as it already happened with other neutral races in legion and bfa.

I would really be up for these races. The Venthyr model could be improved though.

Quote Originally Posted by kammo View Post
    I'm pretty sure Allied Races were a BFA feature and not meant to go further? I could be wrong but I don't see anymore Allied Races being added.
    That's correct, mostly. Nothing's stopping them from adding new allied races in the future (altho they should really just add normal races again), but they were also pretty clear that they don't want to do this as much in the future, just from time to time maybe. So I also doubt that we'll see any new playable race this xpac.

Just to clarify before people get hype for nothing. Blizzard said during the Blizzcon that they wanted to create npc models with a large variety of appearances like in MoP. To improve our immersion. Remember the 6846518 models of Mantid (now HD since BFA) or the models of Arakkoa ? Anyway, they said during an interview that allied races were not planed AT ALL for this expansion. Maybe they'll figure it out later (when we get out of the SL), because SL races can't go on the Azeroth realm which is logic because they're all dead and they keep the balance in this realm lol ! So, care about the hype for nothing, we won't get any of those, so keep your hype for Azeroth's races that you wanted since a long time, they've more chances to become an allied race. Oh and their is only 3 allied races left, no less no more ! 1 for Alliance, 1 for Horde and 1 Neutral.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raven View Post
    I think the odds of Blizzard doing something like Shadowlands and not using it as an opportunity to resurrect a bunch of characters is extremely low. As to whether we'll see the covenant races as allied races in the future, I hope so but I don't think Blizzard themselves has made a decision on the matter themselves.

Question is can these races exist outside of shadowlands? Lot of these races were never seen once till now implies they can't be in the land of the living.

Does allied races make sense? Creatures that are tied to the Realm of Death?

Even we the heroes are only going there to fix a situation (it seems unlikely we’ll have specific horde/alliance settlements there).

Think we need to settle with some updated models, and maybe a few new class combos? Id like a Goblin Druid or NE parafin for example

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Or they are to large aka the Vrykul argument, I think you need to look at the Vampires or the Kyrian at actual allied race potential.
    The gargoyle guys are cool, but I don't think they will be playable at best a racial trait maybe of the venthyr(fly?) if any att all imo.

Even tho it would be nice to have them, I think there are still others potential allied races in the world aswell.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dontrelleroosevelt View Post
    Allied Races are done
    No one knows, it can change in just a *new* race.

If the demand is there, sure they will work around it, specially if people want to pay for it.