Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Things I don't like about SL

- Mission table is still here :

Talking about adventures was exciting, then telling us that it's tied to the same crappy table, god, when will we get rid of it ?

- No new class and no big class changes :

Yes, this is still a big let down to me, especially that now, we know that there will no big changes to classes, which means we will have the same classes gameplay as BFA. The two most exciting news I look for on every expansion announcement

- Locking abilities and legendaries behind factions (covenants) :

The same bullshit lock and grind systems they are using from BFA, in a different format.
    I know that legendaries recipe will be account wide, but it's just silly to lock behind a faction

- Still no one handed for fury warrior :

Personally, I don't care about this since I prefer two handed but is it this difficult to make it possible for warriors to transmog 2h to 1h, just to satisfy those who likes it ?

At least one-handed is something they're talking about doing, no?

I rly dont get this mission table hate,the way it was in wod was horific,basicaly forcing you to play it as much as posible because it was to good...in bfa its a lot better,just a little extra junk with the ocasional decent payoff,but they made it rly annoying with the rng counters,but they said in sl it wwont be like that anymore so sounds good

Quote Originally Posted by Laysson View Post

Talking about adventures was exciting, then telling us that it's tied to the same crappy table, god, when will we get rid of it ?

Yes, this is still a big let down to me, especially that now, we know that there will no big changes to classes, which means we will have the same classes gameplay as BFA. The two most exciting news I look for on every expansion announcement

The same bullshit lock and grind systems they are using from BFA, in a different format.
    I know that legendaries recipe will be account wide, but it's just silly to lock behind a faction

Personally, I don't care about this since I prefer two handed but is it this difficult to make it possible for warriors to transmog 2h to 1h, just to satisfy those who likes it ?

They've already said numerous times we arent going to have an AP grind

Theyre discussing 1h fury

They reworked 36 specs

Adventure tables suck but if thats the worst thing in the game then it's ok with me

why don't we ever get threads saying what people like about announcements?

Quote Originally Posted by Halfaheart View Post

They reworked 36 specs

Adventure tables suck but if thats the worst thing in the game then it's ok with me

Adding old abiltiies THAT WERE PRUNED FOR A GOOD REASON in 95% of cases, isn't reworking 36 specs. This expansion, as of right now, has nothing game changing going on. It looks to be boring as fuck and the fact that its the expansion that we expected to get another class and aren't is incredibly ridiculous. The announcements we've seen so far regarding specs is incredibly, incredibly light and bland. Very minor additions or changes, nothing game changing.

Hell, in some cases they've reverted things to being worse, like all paladin specs having holy power again, the absolute most boring, uninnovative secondary resource in existence. Holy power feels like an impairment to your play rather than an interesting resource, more than anything else, and that is sad.
    Last edited by Alcsaar; 2020-04-10 at 12:23 PM.

Anima and the covenants will be the new ap grind

Good then

They reworked 36 specs
    Do you know what a rework mean ?

The problem is that a good content will be locked behind a crappy table

Go create one.

Mission table has pretty much been a non factor in BfA, and a small feature in Legion. It's a fun little addition that doesn't require constant attention or daily routine. What's there to hate?

The part about no class changes is a lie. Point blank you are just making false statements. As for the lack of a new class - fair enough. But IMO thinking that a good expansion has to have a new class is very shallow.

Is it so terrible that there is some complexity to abilities and reward structure and actual activities that you need to partake in to get things? Do you want to play the game, or do you want things handed to you for free?

These are two separate things. One is making a change to warrior weapon mechanics, which I personally wouldn't enjoy but don't really mind either way. The second is about transmog restrictions, and if you allowed that, you'd also have to allow other classes do similar stuff too probably, which makes it a big transmog revamp. Again, not something I'm against, but not something I'd kill for either.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account

literally everything you said was incorrect. the mission table is still there, yes, but it's probably going to play a small role in the grand scheme of things.

there isn't a new class, you are right, but to say there are no big class changes? like seriously? there are massive class changes going on, you either haven't been following or haven't been paying attention. either way your statement is completely and utterly wrong

there is no big grind in Shadowlands. In BfA and Legion there was - you could infinitely farm AP to boost your neck/weapon. In Shadowlands the grind will be finite, I would say something akin to earning Valor points in MoP - you can get it from a variety of sources but you can only get so much a week. means if you want to raid, you get it from raid. you don't wanna raid but enjoy M+ then you get it from there. PvPer? you're sorted too. hate raids, dungeons and PvP but love doing World Quests? you're covered as well.

Legendaries are primarily done in Torghast and don't require Covenants at all based on the interview that Ion gave to Sloot. and yeah, you want cool shit from a faction you gotta get the rep first. this has been the case since Vanilla, why would they change it now.

One handed Fury Warriors are being discussed, again from the interview with Ion.

methinks you should jump on wowhead and actually look shit up before coming here and complaining

I can't believe people actually think artifact power is gone. The system is reskinned and renamed as Anima, and collecting anima directly increases your characters power level by giving you access to new passives and abilities in the covenant.

ABILITIES THAT YOU WILL LOSE ACCESS TO IN THE NEXT EXPANSION. MORE BORROWED ABILITIES.

Its the EXACT SAME SYSTEM as artifacts and AP in legion, and HoA and AP/armor traits in BFA. THE EXACT. It will be a grind system.

Quote Originally Posted by Alcsaar View Post
    I can't believe people actually think artifact power is gone. The system is reskinned and renamed as Anima, and collecting anima directly increases your characters power level by giving you access to new passives and abilities in the covenant.

ABILITIES THAT YOU WILL LOSE ACCESS TO IN THE NEXT EXPANSION. MORE BORROWED ABILITIES.

Its the EXACT SAME SYSTEM as artifacts and AP in legion, and HoA and AP/armor traits in BFA. THE EXACT. It will be a grind system.
    People still fall in the same trap.

About 1 handed fury warrior, didn't they said that they are trying to figure something out?

Apart from that, I wonder when we hunters will be able to use our other weapons.
    Currently we can't use

- 1h axe
    - 2h axe
    - 1h sword
    - 2h sword
    - Fist weapons
    - Daggers

In adjunct, we are forbidden from drop any of those skins in order to transmog our weapon appareace.

What we can do is to farm the old content but only once they decide to change the loot system ( as they recently did with legion ).
    Total bullshit ( fortunately this doesn't affect the gameplay ).

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    I rly dont get this mission table hate,the way it was in wod was horific,basicaly forcing you to play it as much as posible because it was to good...in bfa its a lot better,just a little extra junk with the ocasional decent payoff,but they made it rly annoying with the rng counters,but they said in sl it wwont be like that anymore so sounds good
    This. I basically didn't use them in BfA other than every now and then when they were in the way because I was gonna hop continents, and I had some reason to take my time, such as the rest of my party being farther behind lol

15+ Year Old Account

It's not the exact same, though. It's just a standard upkeep currency like Valor used to be, there are caps and you get it from everything. Just instead of spending it on gear you spend it on Soulbinds.
    Last edited by Kathranis; 2020-04-10 at 02:30 PM.

we dont think artefact power is gone,we know its gone,ion said it himself,the anima in SL will be like valor,a finite thing you can get every week,and borrowed abilities arent so bad as long as they dont account for more than 50% of your power in pasives like in 8.3,we have been getting borrowed abilities since vanila,its called gear and set bonuses

People still fall in the same trap.
    I have no words. Maybe informing yourself before complaining and assuming people are dumb enough to fall for any 'traps' might be the smarter move, before running around stomping through the cosmos like a 2 yr old that had his toy taken away?

Ion didn't lie. There is no Artifact Power xy grind. We knew that as far back as Blizzcon. What people largely disliked when giving Feedback to Blizz about the system was the 'infinite grind' with player power attached. There was an illusion of no breathing room, because if you didn't have anything else you wanted to do or prioritize, well you can always grind AP and early on in a tier it was one of the mandatory grinds as long as the system existed (Legion/BFA).

A lot of people also wanted a valor type system back for player power progression. A weekly goal to achieve and then be done with it.

So let's round it up. Ion said in the Interview that there will be no new AP. They said all the way back during Blizzcon that the Anima you collect will be capped at a reasonable amount on a weekly basis. Any extra Anima you grind is optional in the sense that it doesn't further progress your soulbind, but just offers you more or less another 'bar' to fill, for collectibles and cosmetics around your covenant.

Please do tell where the grind is 'mandatory'.

Believe it or not, but, if what people want is no form of endgame progression, what exactly do you want people to do? There will always be some carrot on a stick, because otherwise people like you would be sitting on the forums regardless complaining that there is nothing to do. And after filling some time recently, now that BFA Progress is over, playing some of the other MMO's on the market, I can't fathom how people in WoW are so stingy about grinds, when literally 75% of the other MMO's have worse, more timegated grinds by nature of acquisition for literally nothing remotely mandatory or major to your character progression. Most of the other endgame is not even worth mentioning.

I for one can live with a weekly cap instead of a neverending grind. And if I feel like grinding, I can and get some collectible shit. If you have no goals outside of what power progression is being offered in an MMO, you're hardly privy to complaining about the fact that there's nothing to do. Sometimes you gotta set your own goals instead of being a lazy b*tch.

Anima and the covenants will be the new ap grind

Good then

Do you know what a rework mean ?

The problem is that a good content will be locked behind a crappy table

Go create one.
    covenants are factions lol,you get stuff by working with them,something thats been since vanila,and there is no ap grind,unless you consider valor in mop as a ''grind'',anima will be a finite thing you cap every week,and there will be no contnent locked behind any table,where do you people dream up these things?even in wod where the table was A MAIN feature and a must do,didnt have anything locked behind it that wasnt vanity or gold

But have you considered the utter heresy that is GCD?

I don't understand how people in this forum can still thrust a single word of Blizzard. Are you new or something?
    They are like politicians. They say what people want to hear and still do what they want.

But don't worry guys, they hear and value your feedback! Ho wait. Ion literraly said that they don't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    SL will be much better received than BFA

BFA's issue is that Blizz actually just didnt give a F about community feedback

The issue with Legion (even though I loved the xpac big time) was that Blizz did ANYTHING the community wanted

You have to have a balance between Blizz systems and community feedback, and SL's providing this beyond a reasonable doubt so... Give it time

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    It's not engaging gameplay. Instead of myself running out on the adventure, I go to a table and essentially give a quest to an NPC. It's bogus "content" that can be carried out on a mobile phone app.

I'd very much rather they spend more development time creating something that's engaging players.