Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Well Arthas might still come back, obviously they want his return to be a big twist, but I really doubt he will never feature in Shadowlands, even if for a cameo or a secondary role. That would be weird indeed.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    Where does it say that? They just said they won't say how he is in the story.

It's obviously a huge spoiler. Otherwise they'd outright say "no he isn't in the story".
    I read it as them saying they didn't place him in the story just for the sake of it because there is no good reason to. I mean, they let us know about Illidan's involvement in Legion and marketed the hell out of it, and it worked very well, financially and story-wise. I was expecting something similar here.

The Lightbringer Rend Blackhand's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ZyntosAran View Post
    Can someone bring me up to speed on what this "self insert" thing is all about?
    Basically people think Steve Danuser at Blizzard put in Nathanos as a self insert to have hot sylvanas gf.

It's total nonsense but people are more likley to belive something they want to believe so they can criticise the shit story telling.
    Me not that kind of Orc!

Love the question about customisations. Kinda disappointed that the different subraces probably don't get a separate introduction.

Well, maybe they get separate texts during the character introduction at last.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    I read it as them saying they didn't place him in the story just for the sake of it because there is no good reason to. I mean, they let us know about Illidan's involvement in Legion and marketed the hell out of it, and it worked very well, financially and story-wise. I was expecting something similar here.
    They're obsessed with twists. Sylvanas is the plot hook character (as someone to kill), Arthas will likely take her place as the nostalgia character after that.

You're talking about the same company that tried to pretend Vulpera weren't playable when they could've made more money by saying they were coming later.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rend Blackhand View Post
    Basically people think Steve Danuser at Blizzard put in Nathanos as a self insert to have hot sylvanas gf.

It's total nonsense but people are more likley to belive something they want to believe so they can criticise the shit story telling.
    He made some cringey tweets (probably just a dumb sense of humor) but people think that Danuser is making Sylvanas all powerful and getting away with everything... while ignoring that she's being set up as a raid boss.

People just want to kill Sylvanas/punish her now and think that because she didn't get punished severely in BFA she's the writers pet.

the less Arthas we see the better.

you really want Sylvanas to kick his ass???

I don't want another iconic part of Warcraft to get destroyed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    They had no prior build-up and instead tried to leech off of already established things people are familiar with. The Scourge? Maldraxxus did that. The Lich King? The Jailer did that. Frostmourne? The Runecarver made that. Sargeras corruption by demons and everything resulting from that? Also the Jailer's plan.

I would be dissapointed if there is no Arthas involvement at all. Ofcourse he can't just spoil him being in the expansion if it turns out that he comes back later in the story when it starts to unfold. Then again I'm not sure if the current writing team is able to write a good Arthas story at all.

"we made thrgast and you will like it"

lol what a d..ck slap into face of players

have fun runing thorgarst for 100 + weeks

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    He made some cringey tweets (probably just a dumb sense of humor) but people think that Danuser is making Sylvanas all powerful and getting away with everything... while ignoring that she's being set up as a raid boss.

People just want to kill Sylvanas/punish her now and think that because she didn't get punished severely in BFA she's the writers pet.
    He's the king of cringe at blizzard
    Me not that kind of Orc!

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Arthas probably is twist for 9.1/9.2 when we do deeper in the Maw. Don't forget how they did Illidan's return in Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by DemonHunter18 View Post
    the less Arthas we see the better.

you really want Sylvanas to kick his ass???

I don't want another iconic part of Warcraft to get destroyed.
    Wouldn't it be more satisfying if when we kill her if that happens though? The more you hate a character the more satisfying their punishment is.

Quote Originally Posted by Rend Blackhand View Post

Well
    https://imgur.com/r/wow/FX4poT6

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    Wouldn't it be more satisfying if when we kill her if that happens though? The more you hate a character the more satisfying their punishment is.
    you mean Arthas is repeatedly killing her for the rest of eternity???

sign me up for it.

that would be great.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    They had no prior build-up and instead tried to leech off of already established things people are familiar with. The Scourge? Maldraxxus did that. The Lich King? The Jailer did that. Frostmourne? The Runecarver made that. Sargeras corruption by demons and everything resulting from that? Also the Jailer's plan.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pancreatin View Post
    This is fuck all, if you read all his tweets going back months he does the same cringe with so many other characters. The man is wrong in the head.
    Me not that kind of Orc!

If Danuser is a Sylvanas simp, why is Danuser writing her defeat and not letting players save her in Shadowlands?

Ugh, they had to pick the false guy. Taliesin is a horrible person, too bad being a fanboy is enough to get a spot like this.

Please watch this: https://youtu.be/2pKPlvWTyrI

Quote Originally Posted by MakeMeLaugh View Post
    Ugh, they had to pick the false guy. Taliesin is a horrible person, too bad being a fanboy is enough to get a spot like this.
    What did he do?

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    "we made thrgast and you will like it"

lol what a d..ck slap into face of players

have fun runing thorgarst for 100 + weeks
    Amen

/runs the same dungeons for 2 years getting literally the same drops over and over just higher item level.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ZyntosAran View Post
    Can someone bring me up to speed on what this "self insert" thing is all about?
    Nathanos Blightcaller's glow-up and sudden growth in importance to Sylvanas is the result of Danuser allegedly reshaping the character in his own image. He is a self admitted Slyvanas fanboy and did write the Dark Mirror short story, so it's not much of a stretch.
    Last edited by Nero Duskwind; 2020-04-10 at 05:57 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulqiorra View Post
    If you equate playing WoW to having electricity, I feel very, very happy for the rest of the world, as that kind of thinking will, inevitably, lead to the eradication of your seed from the gene pool.
    WoW Toons: Duskwind (retired)/Duskrime (retired)
    Diablo 3 Profile