The Maw raid's plate/cloth sets, Revendreth's Plate set, as well as Bastion's plate set are some of the best sets this game has offered to us in years (This includes even Legion). The Maw cause they both look fucking amazing and make you seem like death gods/necromancers, Revendreth's cause you have a fucking Gargoyle statue on your shoulders, and Bastion's cause you look like you just came back from beating all 3 Dark Souls games simultaneously and have now entered a new state of being as a result.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharby View Post
    Its fantastic but really drives home the point of how badass it would've been to get Necromancers as a class.
    Ikr? Imagine if you could transform into a Lich, similar to how DH's use their demon forms VIA metamorphosis. That would be amazing.

Or, they could just make that a Maldraxxus ability, or a DK Torghast ability. Let a man dream, damn it. D:

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    Good thing we have Unholy DKs isn't it
    Isn't that a cloth set?

Quote Originally Posted by Sharby View Post
    Isn't that a cloth set?
    Literally this.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Ikr? Imagine if you could transform into a Lich, similar to how DH's use their demon forms VIA metamorphosis. That would be amazing.

Or, they could just make that a Maldraxxus ability, or a DK Torghast ability. Let a man dream, damn it. D:
    Necromancers as a class in WoW is something I've been wanting for the last three years. Sadly people almost always come up with the fact that since Warlocks/DKs exist, we don't need them.

I guess we both can dream though lol
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

5+ Year Old Account
    If they ever were to add necromancers.. it would've been now. I doubt it will ever happen again.

The devs have been coy about there not being a death class in the future. They could add something and tie it to new races, or post-SL lore with the changes in the Shadowlands.

5+ Year Old Account
    They could just make necromancer into a glyph for demo where you summon skeletons

Good thing we have Unholy DKs isn't it
    It’s not really the same, is it?

Quote Originally Posted by Bwonsamdi the Dead View Post
    Necromancers as a class in WoW is something I've been wanting for the last three years. Sadly people almost always come up with the fact that since Warlocks/DKs exist, we don't need them.

I guess we both can dream though lol
    True. Also, I'm gonna kill Mueh'zala! BEST GET TO RUNNIN'!

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by the bear View Post
    They could just make necromancer into a glyph for demo where you summon skeletons
    Tbh, just add another green fire quest for warlocks except instead of green fire it reskins all your abilities to be death themed.

Demons could get changed to spooky stuff too. It would def work.

If they ever were to add necromancers.. it would've been now. I doubt it will ever happen again.
    I would say this or the next. The end of SL would also be a good place to add them.

The divide between our world and the Shadowlands may be permanently blurry (or forever shattered), we will be taking lessons back from how things beyond death work, and how death/spirit/soul magic can be used positively, there may be a need for shepherds to handle leakage from the Shadowlands into the real world, etc. Basically you have a situation where there's a natural place for (like the new class combinations after the Cataclysm happened) people to adapt to a change by incorporating new methods into practice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    The devs have been coy about there not being a death class in the future. They could add something and tie it to new races, or post-SL lore with the changes in the Shadowlands.
    What if 9.3 adds a new class?

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    What if 9.3 adds a new class?
    They don't add classes with .x patches.

To be fair forsaken should never have been playable. The lore would be so much neater if it was the case
    If by neater you mean generic & boring, then yes. The idea that undeath shouldn't make you automatically evil is often overlooked in fantasy settings, but apparently the devs themselves thought that was too interesting to actually explore & made Sylvanas evil out of nowhere

- - - Updated - - -

There add a covenant with tons of necromancer lore & cosmetics but that's still not enough for you?

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    They also didn't add races with .x patches either.

Things could change, however unlikely.

5+ Year Old Account
    I think it'd be cool if they decided to break that trend for this xpac.

It def would shake things up with speculation for sure, since we would put all previous trends into question as well.

The only problem is that balance would be in shambles for a solid half of the raid tier.
    Honorary member of the Baine Fanclub, the only member really.

10+ Year Old Account
    That could work, but would also be a missed opportunity.

I mean... that class could be a whole expansion selling point (i could see many people coming back just to play that class), so i kind of doubt that Blizzard would do something like that

Vampire >>>>>>>>> Vampire Elf
    Honestly the breadcrumbs of the shadowlands natives being allied races backs up my theory that this expansion will end with Sylvanas successfully destroying the Shadowlands. "Setting us all free" from the Arbiter's design & leaving those new races as refuges on Azeroth

Not saying it's even remotely likely, but they also didn't add races with patches until 7.3.5. There also wasn't an odd cycle expansion without a class until this one. What has or hasn't been done before doesn't really indicate what might happen in the future.

I don't think 9.3 is likely. But I could see it being added at the conclusion with the prepatch, or in a resolution 9.3.5