Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    Velen, Malfurion, Thrall.

Can't think of any warlocks or mages in their level. They are all stronger than Guldan or Medivh I think.

So, out of these Malfurion is probably the strongest caster, so I guess balance druids take the cake.
    Sargaras controlled Medivh, Aegwynn, Azshara(according to rumors), Jaina, Khadgar

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    yeah no. Thats not what happened. He is the earth warder. He stepped down as leader of the earthen ring, i think that might be what you are thinking about.
    Thats a title though. Its got nothing to do with power.
    Wrong. Thrall borrowed the powers of the Earthwarden while fighting Deathwing - the powers are no more, just like the other four aspects no longer have their powers.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

No... it really doesnt.
    1. Gul'dan is much older and much more experienced then Khadgar
    2. Gul'dan is buffed a lot by the Fel
    Actually, at that point, Gul'dan was at the beginning of his warlock career; he was just getting around to offering the Horde demon blood when he was imprisoned. Khadgar, conversely, had survived several wars, studied with the Naaru, and had Atiesh. Keep in mind Gul'dan was Ner'zhul's apprentice when he was approached by Kil'jaeden; he's actually pretty young.

Your second point doesn't do anything to contradict warlocks being stronger than mages; it supports the idea if Fel allows one to overcome other intellect casters.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowmatrix View Post
    Sargaras controlled Medivh, Aegwynn, Azshara(according to rumors), Jaina, Khadgar
    no...?

Sargeras controlled medivh for a time. He also influenced aegwyn for a time but he sure as hell didnt control her. The rest is just bs

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Wrong. Thrall borrowed the powers of the Earthwarden while fighting Deathwing - the powers are no more, just like the other four aspects no longer have their powers.
    Thrall IS the earthwarden

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aresk View Post
    Actually, at that point, Gul'dan was at the beginning of his warlock career; he was just getting around to offering the Horde demon blood when he was imprisoned. Khadgar, conversely, had survived several wars, studied with the Naaru, and had Atiesh. Keep in mind Gul'dan was Ner'zhul's apprentice when he was approached by Kil'jaeden; he's actually pretty young.

Your second point doesn't do anything to contradict warlocks being stronger than mages; it supports the idea if Fel allows one to overcome other intellect casters.
    I dont need to contradict warlocks being stronger then mages in this case because you havent made any point as to why they would be...

In my own power ranking i put warlocks first aswell. But not because i matched up 1 warlock against 1 mage. Thats just bad statistical analysis

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    no...?

Sargeras controlled medivh for a time. He also influenced aegwyn for a time but he sure as hell didnt control her. The rest is just bs

- - - Updated - - -

Thrall IS the earthwarden

- - - Updated - - -

I dont need to contradict warlocks being stronger then mages in this case because you havent made any point as to why they would be...
    There is no Earthwarden anymore. Just like there is no Lifebinder, no Dreamer, no Spellweaver or no Timeless anymore. And Thrall only borrowed the powers of the Earthwarden for a very, short time. Scream and shout all you want; but you are wrong and both the actual game, various novels and chronicles points it out - loud and clear.

In my own power ranking i put warlocks first aswell. But not because i matched up 1 warlock against 1 mage. Thats just bad statistical analysis
    There aren't statistically relevant samples for accurate statistical analysis in the lore. I'm talking about a warlock who was cut off during the early rise of his power, imprisoned, and then freed vs a trained and skilled mage who had faced a parallel version of that warlock before, and the warlock still succeeded in accomplishing his goals despite the mage bending the very powers of Draenor in an effort to thwart him.

In terms of raw power, I just feel like warlocks have more instances of gaining it and reaching new heights than the others. Admittedly, priests are very underrepresented as casters in lore (Velen barely does anything beyond command, while Tyrande prefers a bow, Anduin uses a hammer or sword, and Faol sticks mostly with diplomacy), but the green fire questline is an excellent example of warlocks' reckless rise in power while also illustrating their adaptability in dealing with demons. I'm not saying the Black Harvest is a group of average warlocks, but by comparison the Circle of Six mostly teleports Dalaran around and performs divinations, with Jaina, Kalec, Rhonin, Antonidas, and Khadgar being the only memebers/former members to really accomplish other feats with arcane power. Druids and shaman are often depicted in large groups accomplishing impressive feats (invading the Firelands, restoring the World Pillar) but generally lack the sheer power of a warlock or the ability to bend reality as much as a mage.

While it's a bit off topic, I'd be curious what people think about necromancers/liches in the hierarchy, as other intellect-based casters.

10+ Year Old Account

Can't think of any warlocks or mages in their level. They are all stronger than Guldan or Medivh I think.

So, out of these Malfurion is probably the strongest caster, so I guess balance druids take the cake.
    Medivh is on the top of the foodchain of all of those people, by far.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

10+ Year Old Account
    Mage for sure.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by shadowmatrix View Post
    Sargeras is quite class mixed persona. Some warrior some warlock and he is demon.

Guldan broke a planet

Quote Originally Posted by Usernameforforums View Post
    Guldan broke a planet
    Well uncontrolled burst of power isn't exactly what I call display of strength.

You guys brought up too many borrowed power. Medivh was made a guardian. He was very powerful but being a guardian put it over the top. Malfurion was also a guardian equivalent of druid in Stormrage. If Khadgar decided to become a guardian then he would become super powerful too. These guys are not as powerful as you think when they are in their normal state.
    Last edited by Wildmoon; 2020-04-15 at 12:11 PM.

I believe the rivalry between Khadgar and Gul'dan showed that both Mage and Warlock are supposed to be comparable in power. Those two represent the pinnacle of their class without any direct third party powerups (Old Gods, Thunder King, Elemental Lords, Eye of Eternity etc.).

Medich was both a mage and a warlock, at least he had excessive knowledge in both fields.

There is no Earthwarden anymore. Just like there is no Lifebinder, no Dreamer, no Spellweaver or no Timeless anymore. And Thrall only borrowed the powers of the Earthwarden for a very, short time. Scream and shout all you want; but you are wrong and both the actual game, various novels and chronicles points it out - loud and clear.
    Scream and shout? Do you have some kind of magical fairy ability that reads the text aloud for you in an anry voice or something?

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Thrall

He was given the powers and the title of earth warder. Please provide counter evidence if you have any

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Scream and shout? Do you have some kind of magical fairy ability that reads the text aloud for you in an anry voice or something?

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Thrall

He was given the powers and the title of earth warder. Please provide counter evidence if you have any

Please provide evidence that he's still the Earthwarder, because nothing - as in absolutely nothing - on that wiki pages states that he is. Just like nothing in the game states that, or in the books or chronicle. However all those sources - clearly - states that the Aspect powers were funelled into the Dragon Soul, and was expelled directly into Deathwing, in the form of a death ray.

Just read this "https://wow.gamepedia.com/Dragon_Aspects#The_Hour_of_Twilight" - "The final battle for Azeroth began in earnest, until one final blast from the Dragon Soul infused with the complete essence of each Aspect completely obliterated the fallen Aspect. With Deathwing truly defeated, the Aspects had fulfilled their duty of protecting Azeroth from the Hour of Twilight and the ancient powers granted to them by the Titans were expended; ushering in the Age of Mortals.[13][14] As such, they sacrificed their roles as Aspects"

[/B]

Please provide evidence that he's still the Earthwarder, because nothing - as in absolutely nothing - on that wiki pages states that he is. Just like nothing in the game states that, or in the books or chronicle. However all those sources - clearly - states that the Aspect powers were funelled into the Dragon Soul, and was expelled directly into Deathwing, in the form of a death ray.

Just read this "https://wow.gamepedia.com/Dragon_Aspects#The_Hour_of_Twilight" - "The final battle for Azeroth began in earnest, until one final blast from the Dragon Soul infused with the complete essence of each Aspect completely obliterated the fallen Aspect. With Deathwing truly defeated, the Aspects had fulfilled their duty of protecting Azeroth from the Hour of Twilight and the ancient powers granted to them by the Titans were expended; ushering in the Age of Mortals.[13][14] As such, they sacrificed their roles as Aspects"
    Look under title. First line oO

I know they lost their powers, but he is still the earth warder

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Look under title. First line oO

I know they lost their powers, but he is still the earth warder
    A title used *once* and never again, because it's no longer a thing - christ almighty....
    Last edited by Venziir; 2020-04-15 at 08:01 PM.

Without being 100% sure of myself here i still think the Guardian is a stronger mage. Alodi or Magna Aegwynn as the most prominent

- - - Updated - - -

Thrall is the earthwarder. He has increased powers from that - which have nothing inherently to do with him being a shaman
    Just like Jaina is powered up by the Thunderking powers, and has focused iris which has nothing to do with her being a mage? Also Thrall's Earth-wardentitle, is just that, a title. He doesn't get any benefits from it. He get that title for being powerful shaman who protects the Azeroth, and acting as Earth-warden.

High end mages can do some crazy shit, but average mage and average shaman are rather on similar levels of power
    Last edited by HCLM; 2020-04-15 at 07:44 PM.

A title onced *once* and never again, because it's no longer a thing - christ almighty....
    I realize you are getting angry but if you are trying to make a point you have to write sentences that make sense.

The earth warder is a permanent title just like life binder and so on(titles they all still have besides loosing their power)

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    I realize you are getting angry but if you are trying to make a point you have to write sentences that make sense.

The earth warder is a permanent title just like life binder and so on(titles they all still have besides loosing their power)
    Whatever kiddo, at this point it's like trying to describe colours to a blind person....

Whatever kiddo, at this point it's like trying to describe colours to a blind person....
    Yeah thats constructive :/

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by HCLM View Post
    Just like Jaina is powered up by the Thunderking powers, and has focused iris which has nothing to do with her being a mage? Also Thrall's Earth-wardentitle, is just that, a title. He doesn't get any benefits from it. He get that title for being powerful shaman who protects the Azeroth, and acting as Earth-warden.

High end mages can do some crazy shit, but average mage and average shaman are rather on similar levels of power
    Yeah that was my point basicly. Most of the people we are refering to are powered up by things not really connected to their class

The earth warder is a title bestowed to the dragon aspects that was transferred to thrall. It has nothing to do with being a shaman