Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    @Musta

Bellular has a video with the same title of your thread abour demon hunters, lel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldfIkMvi65s
    Yeah, i tried to reach him about DHs and give the feedback i gathered but its no use. Nobody wants to hear me or him it seens.

Im kinda hating the direction they're going with on the alpha atm
    And if they make class revolve around the momentum talent I think that I will just be kinda done with WoW :\

Dhs don't reserve anything new, lets be honest here.

Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    We can only hope they will fix that later.

- - - Updated - - -

My bet is that they have no abilities to unprune so they decided to do nothing.
    Well we have only 2 specs, that means we do not need as many covenant abilities, right?

Quote Originally Posted by kek280 View Post
    Dhs don't reserve anything new, lets be honest here.
    Might be me, but this just seems like a salty reply...
    How about your main and favorite classes getting shafted for a new expansion? lived with that for many years as a Shaman, didn't think I'd have to go through that again with DHs... :/

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    Well we have only 2 specs, that means we do not need as many covenant abilities, right?
    It is another sad fact about demon hunter.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    It is another sad fact about demon hunter.
    Dh in alpha is a meme right now. The dps in dungeon is laughably low, but that’s not what worries me. What worries me is that mechanically we’re getting nerfed, hard. Demonic’s nerfed, and the AoE cap hurts DHs the most. Eye beam does reduced dmg to everyone except the main target, blade dance is increased CD and caps at 5 targets, fel barrage caps at 5 targets.

What this means, is that if you fight packs with 3 mobs, classes like Destruction and Fire will be better due to Havoc, Ignite, etc natural cleaves, and if you fight big packs they’ll be better again due to their abilities not being capped at all. In fact Fire which is already in a good place will cleave more with the Skeleton form from covenant.

Now if the mechanics are nerfed like it looks, the class won’t be as much fun to play. But if the numbers are also mediocre or worse it’ll be unplayable.

Quote Originally Posted by Manu9 View Post
    Might be me, but this just seems like a salty reply...
    How about your main and favorite classes getting shafted for a new expansion? lived with that for many years as a Shaman, didn't think I'd have to go through that again with DHs... :/
    Well it actually did in fact, got prunned on a """"unprunning"""" expansion
    DHs can still suck it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    But this is sooooooo artificial...nothing really changed...so i ask why?
    Its the most artificial way possible to offer "progression"...

Ofcourse, im only thinking about everyone who played BfA...maybe the change is only for "new players"?

Because, by itself...this is insanely backwards
    Well you would only feel the changes when making a new DH, right? I do think it'd be nice if they added some new stuff, if only for flavor, but the class already feels complete and fleshed out and they need 50 levels of ability progression now, so I see where weakening your abilities and buffing them gradually from 10-50 makes sense.

I mean I guess if you want more DHs, you can start them now and skip them to 50, effectively. Probably want to finish the starting zone.

demonic appetite should be baseline , replaced by a talent that mimic the Furious Gaze azerite trait.

Immolation aura should generate 30-40 fury baseline , the talent should boost it to 80-100. Insatiable Hunger should reduce the cost of chaos strike by 10 flat and boost it's damage by a bit.

Fel mastery need to be buffed even more to compete with the other two , or just removed in favor of the old talent that made chaos strike hit 2 targets , or something like that.

Blade Dance cost reduction from first blood should be baseline , first blood should reduce the cd of it instead. Essence break is a step in the right direction , dunno if i'm ready to give up First blood for it.

If Demonic Appetite become baseline , i'm fine with Demonic's window duration nerf but i'm not happy about it.If demonic appetite do not become baseline , Demonic better be increased to 10 second duration after eye beam finish.
    Last edited by naeblis495; 2020-04-15 at 02:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by naeblis495 View Post
    demonic appetite should be baseline , replaced by a talent that mimic the Furious Gaze azerite trait.

Immolation aura should generate 30-40 fury baseline , the talent should boost it to 80-100. Insatiable Hunger should reduce the cost of chaos strike by 10 flat and boost it's damage by a bit.

Fel mastery need to be buffed even more to compete with the other two , or just removed in favor of the old talent that made chaos strike hit 2 targets , or something like that.

Blade Dance cost reduction from first blood should be baseline , first blood should reduce the cd of it instead. Essence break is a step in the right direction , dunno if i'm ready to give up First blood for it.

If Demonic Appetite become baseline , i'm fine with Demonic's window duration nerf but i'm not happy about it.If demonic appetite do not become baseline , Demonic better be increased to 10 second duration after eye beam finish.
    Fel Rush Talent should give us that demon that comes crashing down when you Fel Rush, one of the most fun abilities in game.
    And Insatiable Hunger should give us the Chaos Strike Windfury effect we also had from our Artifact when it can proc a second, third, or even when super lucky, a fourth time.

Quote Originally Posted by sensei- View Post
    we’re getting nerfed, hard
    No. We get some balance changes,not hard.
    Demonic’s nerfed, and the AoE cap hurts DHs the most
    No.Talent nerfed, but demonic build become much faster with new DA+Elysian Decree. And only BD affected by aoe cap.
    Eye beam does reduced dmg to everyone except the main target
    No.Same as BFA.
    blade dance is increased CD
    No. Same as BFA.

Now if the mechanics are nerfed like it looks, the class won’t be as much fun to play. But if the numbers are also mediocre or worse it’ll be unplayable.
    So no. Fun and playable as always. And i remind u again and again. We dont see end game mechanics(soulbinds,covenant trees,legendaries) which can made gameplay better.

- - - Updated - - -

Demonic better be increased to 10 second duration after eye beam finish.
    Demonic is the only choice that tier in BFA,and it will be the same even with nerf in SL. But u want to buff it to TEN,WHAT?

Quote Originally Posted by Vpuh View Post
    No. We get some balance changes,not hard.

No.Talent nerfed, but demonic build become much faster with new DA+Elysian Decree. And only BD affected by aoe cap.

No.Same as BFA.

No. Same as BFA.

So no. Fun and playable as always. And i remind u again and again. We dont see end game mechanics(soulbinds,covenant trees,legendaries) which can made gameplay better.

- - - Updated - - -

Demonic is the only choice that tier in BFA,and it will be the same even with nerf in SL. But u want to buff it to TEN,WHAT?
    i don't care about the damage , i care about how it will feel .A much shorter window of demonic + the loss of Furious Gaze will make the spec feel horribly slow to play . Demonic is too fun/strong ? buff/replace the two other talents that are actually garbage, don't bring Demonic to their level of garbage .

i play a DH to feel fast and to transform into a demon as long/much as possible. Make that happen and then tune the damage accordingly . Currently , Havoc will feel really slow in shadowland.

10+ Year Old Account
    So...do you guys think that come shadowlands....blizz will still keep the gameplay style to be trying to be on meta most of the time? /sadsigh

It's the unpruning and DH was never pruned to begin with xD

- - - Updated - - -

the AoE cap hurts DHs the most
    Why? Why will it hurt DH more than say an Outlaw Rogue?

Honestly the DH toolkit is already fairly above average. I don’t think there’s much they could add without completely breaking it at this point.

i just don't understand the point of infernal armor being baseline but not regening fury unless you talent into it

whats the point of making it a useless button then?

Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    It's the unpruning and DH was never pruned to begin with xD

- - - Updated - - -

Why? Why will it hurt DH more than say an Outlaw Rogue?
    Because the Outlaw Rogue will just spec into Assassination. Outlaw is equally dead as the Havoc, but the Havoc won't be able to respec to another DPS spec.

The niche of Havoc was AoE and mobility. The AoE is going away. In Shadowlands real AoE comes from multidotters (once again) and cleavers who do damage to 2-3 targets but HARD. Havoc does neither. Like I said, mechanically they won't be able to balance AoE if dots can spread to dozens of mobs, but every other attack in the game hits max 5 targets. To balance that you'd need insane tuning on the capped attacks which would in turn make them too hard hitting on single target. It'll never work, but it'll go through, and Warlocks and Fire Mages etc. will reign supreme.

Of course the self-healing outside Meta is also getting nerfed because Soul Rending is nerfed, and Netherwalk CD is going up, so clearly they also want the survivability to go down.
    Last edited by sensei-; 2020-04-16 at 03:05 PM.

i don't care about the damage , i care about how it will feel .A much shorter window of demonic + the loss of Furious Gaze will make the spec feel horribly slow to play . Demonic is too fun/strong ? buff/replace the two other talents that are actually garbage, don't bring Demonic to their level of garbage .

i play a DH to feel fast and to transform into a demon as long/much as possible. Make that happen and then tune the damage accordingly . Currently , Havoc will feel really slow in shadowland.
    Did you see the new Demonic Appetite? It reduces the CD of Eye Beam by 2 seconds for each soul fragment you pick up. Up to a 15 second reduction.

Quote Originally Posted by Flevor View Post
    i just don't understand the point of infernal armor being baseline but not regening fury unless you talent into it

whats the point of making it a useless button then?
    I guess its to placate all the QQ about DH's having least amount of buttons to press. With 1 extra button to press it should be equal with the rest? More, if blizz makes havoc a dps window spec with dark slash and whatever the upgraded aoe version of it was(?).