Quote Originally Posted by Mteq View Post
    2nd part wil most definitly not be the same as it was in the original.. they've beaten destiny..they make a pretty big deal out of it. each character gets a moment from there destiny foreshadowed, as 'this is supossed to happen' (aerith death,midgar overgrown with Rd XIII Puppies etc) but now it will not as they have beaten destiny.

the story will follow a very rough same path, but they are definitly going off the beaten path. possibly doing a rewrite from a certain keypoint onward.

Cotains some heavy spoilers:

The idea about the whispers is not that easy. The whispers altered already the time line and they were actually responsible for the changes happend in FF7R.

- they have intervened Aerith before the actual stroy begins and before cloud meets her.
    - they actual saved biggs and jessie (jessies gloves are also on the dresser) and of course wedge (to a certain point at least, chance is very high he survived also the HQ stuff). This isn't the result of the final chapter since they have to be rescued prior to this state.
    - since sephiroth has seemingly direct control about the whispers, it seems the whispers were just an another kind of control to keep the meteor hitting the planet. The planet is already tainted by jenova cells (her head is fallen in the stream). Why not influencing the whispers this way?
    - Maybe Red XIII has misinterpreted what he has seen. Maybe it's the locked up and now freed origin time line.
    - Stamp is still a dog with a military helmet. Could taken as a hint that some changes may happen, but the core itself stays the same.

We also shouldn't forget that the remake needs much, much more fodder in order to convey a believable story. The first chapter of FF7R alone would have to have more text than the whole FF7-original.

In its form FF7 was perfect at that time, but the story at that time couldn't have been told again, because there were simply too many unwritten plot holes and actually too little motivation for most of the characters to make a contemporary Oscar-worthy project out of it.

In my opinion the developers solved the problem of fan service, fidelity to the original and new narrative style quite well. A player who doesn't know the original will also take the story very differently.

Aerith will die one way or another. She must. Whether she is murdered in cold blood or deliberately sacrifices herself doesn't matter to the original story. As long as she dies and summons Holy. The same goes for Cloud's further story and the Black Materia (the reason why Sephiroth needs Cloud so urgently).

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Millyraynge View Post
    Cotains some heavy spoilers:

The idea about the whispers is not that easy. The whispers altered already the time line and they were actually responsible for the changes happend in FF7R.

- they have intervened Aerith before the actual stroy begins and before cloud meets her.
    - they actual saved biggs and jessie (jessies gloves are also on the dresser) and of course wedge (to a certain point at least, chance is very high he survived also the HQ stuff). This isn't the result of the final chapter since they have to be rescued prior to this state.
    - since sephiroth has seemingly direct control about the whispers, it seems the whispers were just an another kind of control to keep the meteor hitting the planet. The planet is already tainted by jenova cells (her head is fallen in the stream). Why not influencing the whispers this way?
    - Maybe Red XIII has misinterpreted what he has seen. Maybe it's the locked up and now freed origin time line.
    - Stamp is still a dog with a military helmet. Could taken as a hint that some changes may happen, but the core itself stays the same.

We also shouldn't forget that the remake needs much, much more fodder in order to convey a believable story. The first chapter of FF7R alone would have to have more text than the whole FF7-original.

In its form FF7 was perfect at that time, but the story at that time couldn't have been told again, because there were simply too many unwritten plot holes and actually too little motivation for most of the characters to make a contemporary Oscar-worthy project out of it.

In my opinion the developers solved the problem of fan service, fidelity to the original and new narrative style quite well. A player who doesn't know the original will also take the story very differently.

Aerith will die one way or another. She must. Whether she is murdered in cold blood or deliberately sacrifices herself doesn't matter to the original story. As long as she dies and summons Holy. The same goes for Cloud's further story and the Black Materia (the reason why Sephiroth needs Cloud so urgently).

She is still listed as dead in the remake atm.

While the original depicts Jessie among the casualties when Shinra brought the upper plate down on Sector 7, the remake has her die as the result of the Whispers arranging her to be crushed under rubble when her grenade prematurely detonated. After being dug out by Cloud, Jessie uses her final moments to tell him and Tifa not to be sad over her death. In the ending scene, Jessie's glove and presumably her bandanna are shown on the desk beside a bed with an unconscious Biggs.
    https://finalfantasy.fandom.com/wiki/Jessie_Rasberry
    Last edited by Orange Joe; 2020-04-19 at 04:29 PM.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    She is still listed as dead in the remake atm.
    Thought that was more like Bruce Wayne leaving the coin for Harvey after Rachel died myself

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thilicen View Post
    Thought that was more like Bruce Wayne leaving the coin for Harvey after Rachel died myself
    if Racheal = Jessie in this case I agree. I figure the bandana and gloves just mementos of a lost comrade.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

10+ Year Old Account
    Guess it’s official that Red is more of a fire dog thing, than a fire lion thing. I kinda already thought that as you hear him howl after he finds out the truth about his father in the original.

Lab rat dog.

- - - Updated - - -

Finished it this morning. Great game, my only nitpick is that it suffers from the usual late game JRPG story convolution. Kinda goes off the rails a bit, right at the very end. But, I suppose that’s there way of setting up more and bigger changes to the story in further episodes.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    if Racheal = Jessie in this case I agree. I figure the bandana and gloves just mementos of a lost comrade.
    without a doubt Jessie is dead, Biggs being alive is understandable since he was not that far from the bottom of the pillar, Tifa could've shouted down for someone to run up and grab Biggs where he was delivered to the leaf house. as for Wedge.... i believe he's actually dead, we heard the glass shatter and if he were to be alive then he would've been shown in the ending cinematic. Biggs seems to be the lucky survivor in this case.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    Guess it’s official that Red is more of a fire dog thing, than a fire lion thing. I kinda already thought that as you hear him howl after he finds out the truth about his father in the original.

Lab rat dog.

- - - Updated - - -

Finished it this morning. Great game, my only nitpick is that it suffers from the usual late game JRPG story convolution. Kinda goes off the rails a bit, right at the very end. But, I suppose that’s there way of setting up more and bigger changes to the story in further episodes.
    I got the impression that it’s going to be a running gag as to what he is. They’re going to call him a cat next watch
    ”I've walked the realms of the dead. I have seen the infinite dark. Nothing you say. Or do. Could possibly frighten me."-Sylvanas Windrunner

How is the combat to you guys? (i dont have the game)

Im playing FFXV atm and i absolutely LOVE its combat.

I turned on Twitch TV to some guy playing FFVII and immediately turned it off.
    He was constantly pausing :S or "slow motion" into menus

Lab rat dog.
    I dunno, the original was pretty clear in him being closer to a wolf than anything feline. Considering he even had a Limit Break called "Howling Moon" I'd say the distinction's pretty clear. Hell he even barks at you if you kick the ball into him in Costa Del Sol.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post

the combat is a little like ff15 just without the zapping all over the place, time slows when your selecting abilities for yourself or other characters and you can be interupted and waste abilities if the enemy moves of knocks you down as you cast.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account

If you liked the FFXV combat system you should absolutely love the one in FF7R. Never was a big fan of the one in XV myself, but VIIR won me over completely.

Quote Originally Posted by un_known View Post
    without a doubt Jessie is dead, Biggs being alive is understandable since he was not that far from the bottom of the pillar, Tifa could've shouted down for someone to run up and grab Biggs where he was delivered to the leaf house. as for Wedge.... i believe he's actually dead, we heard the glass shatter and if he were to be alive then he would've been shown in the ending cinematic. Biggs seems to be the lucky survivor in this case.
    Its also possible that the Biggs we see is an alternate timeline Biggs.

It's not a full pause, time still moves albeit VERY slowly.

Personally I love the combat system. Full mastery of both regular combat and ATB use is rewarding and engaging. I found the combat in FFXV boring as hell so I was just glad it wasn't a carbon copy of that one.

I’m not that far in so I don’t have the complete hang of it (only Ch 6 or 7) and a couple issues so far. It seems that random fights are out and they are scripted. I think you can redo some of them, but overall I’m not a fan of that as it makes progression (at least early on) linear and takes away the grind you could optionally do to get really powerful before some encounters.
    As to the combat itself, again I’m not sure I’m doing it correctly, but it is fun. The main issue I have with it is that no matter which character I take control of then that character becomes the focus of every enemy in the encounter. If I’m using Cloud he takes so much damage from being targeted, but if I swap to Barrett then the enemies on Cloud immediately swap to him. It makes for some odd encounters where by the end I have to stop and use a bunch of potions to heal Cloud up after the fight if I focused on using him, whereas Tifa and Barrett are barely injured. Like I stated though, I tend to try and button mash and I don’t make too much use of guard or dodge and that could be a huge issue; however, when I do use dodge or block I seem to do nothing but those and even still take damage thru most of my dodge uses. Again, I’m willing to state it’s probably mostly my playstyle, but it kind of hurts the combat for me.
    Overall though, it’s still very fun and a highly recommended game.
    Side note for when you purchase it: I got the deluxe that comes with the soundtrack CD, the art book, and the steel series case, along with the Cactuar summon Materia. I can’t really back that up as the summons isn’t anything special, the art book is cool but tiny, and the soundtrack is in a slip sleeve and only has 12 songs. The CD being that short when the game is filled with collectible CDs for the in game jukebox doesn’t seem right.
    Last edited by Eapoe; 2020-04-19 at 07:17 PM.

In my opinion, the combat in FF 7 remake is way better than that in FFXV. FFXV suffers from the bombat being way to fucking easy and just "spam this button untill you win" for basically all content.

FF 7 remake takes the combat you have in FFXV and mixes it a bit with the combat you have in FFX-2. I would say that it has the best of two world.
    There is though some things that I find irritating and that is fighting flying enemies. The reason for this is that flying enemies have a tendency to move away from your character while you are still in the process of attacking and making you miss your attacks.

Other than that there is not much I would really complain about except for certain spells (blizzard and Aero) that have just been made in a super weird way.

@kenn9530 @thilicen

Thank you for the replies.
    I guess 7 remake had to be done like this because they wanted to recreate the original which has many different abilities and menus to choose the abilities.

XV was made from the ground up to be more action based.

Big turn off for a watcher but i guess the game is to be played and not watched (>_<)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    I’m not that far in so I don’t have the complete hang of it (only Ch 6 or 7) and a couple issues so far. It seems that random fights are out and they are scripted. I think you can redo some of them, but overall I’m not a fan of that as it makes progression (at least early on) linear and takes away the grind you could optionally do to get really powerful before some encounters.
    As to the combat itself, again I’m not sure I’m doing it correctly, but it is fun. The main issue I have with it is that no matter which character I take control of then that character becomes the focus of every enemy in the encounter. If I’m using Cloud he takes so much damage from being targeted, but if I swap to Barrett then the enemies on Cloud immediately swap to him. It makes for some odd encounters where by the end I have to stop and use a bunch of potions to heal Cloud up after the fight if I focused on using him, whereas Tifa and Barrett are barely injured. Like I stated though, I tend to try and button mash and I don’t make too much use of guard or dodge and that could be a huge issue; however, when I do use dodge or block I seem to do nothing but those and even still take damage thru most of my dodge uses. Again, I’m willing to state it’s probably mostly my playstyle, but it kind of hurts the combat for me.
    Overall though, it’s still very fun and a highly recommended game.
    You can grind but not for a little bit, and it’s not like a random encounter type game. Essentially you just go through any dungeon and all the creatures will have respawned, clear them out, leave and repeat. The best “grinding” isn’t until you have access to the arena and VR challenges.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    Oh, i hate that.
    So you cant "netflix and chill" killing random stuff and grinding?

Im loving XV because i can do whatever...hunting missions...explore the map...fight, fight , fight and relax...
    When im tired of fighting i can continue the story

Its an addicting formula to me

10+ Year Old Account
    @kenn9530 @thilicen

Thank you for the replies.
    I guess 7 remake had to be done like this because they wanted to recreate the original which has many different abilities and menus to choose the abilities.

XV was made from the ground up to be more action based.

Big turn off for a watcher but i guess the game is to be played and not watched (>_<)
    Yeah, I beat FF15 but it was a slog, I just wasn’t that engaged.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

You can grind but not for a little bit, and it’s not like a random encounter type game. Essentially you just go through any dungeon and all the creatures will have respawned, clear them out, leave and repeat. The best “grinding” isn’t until you have access to the arena and VR challenges.
    Kinda strange.
    But as long as you can "grind" and relax whenever...is good to me.