Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

We're getting a level squish and a Stat squish could we use a gold squish too?

Gold numbers are getting kinda crazy as well, what would everyone think of a gold squish? Just shifting the decimal places over a few. Getting rid of the ones place of silver, and the entirety of copper and making the new values adjust accordingly. This wouldn't affect the value of anyone's gold, only the numerical representation of it. Here are some examples.

Before 45724g 32s 15c

After 45g 72s 43c

Basically make it so 1000g now is 1g after.

The value of everything else would adjust with the price

5,000,000g mount before

5,000g mount after

51g 23s 34c repair bill before

5s 12c repair bill after.

Again, no one is losing gold here. Everything in the game would just shift.

As someone who has millions of gold, I'd support this. To go along with this, the game needs to stop printing money like a 3rd world country tries to combat poverty. Gold is worthless in the game now. It has no meaning. Like Diablo.

It would only make any sense of such a squish would come together with prohibiting multi-boxing and banning the accounts of multi-boxers. Otherwise, gold would be immediately inflated again.

Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    To go along with this, the game needs to stop printing money
    It stopped doing that after WoD ... now you have to do at least a little bit of work to get gold.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

I don't think you understand what you're talking about. At all. Like, not even a little bit. That isn't how you adjust an inflated economy. But I somehow feel you won't see anyone's point of view other than you own.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiza View Post
    therwise, gold would be immediately inflated again.
    OP isn't planning on adjusting the value of gold, he is in essence doing no more than changing the display format when viewing it.

Gold (wealth and costs) is stored a s big number from 0 to 9,223,372,036,854,775,807

Currently that number is formatted with the last 2 digits being copper, the 2 before that being silver and everything else being gold.

i.e. from 0 to 922,337,203,685,477g 58s 07c

OP just wants to change the display format such that you don't display the last 3 digits and everything else stays the same

i.e. from 0 to 922,337,203,685g 47s 75c

Changing the display format isn't really going to have any impact on inflation.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

The games economy is so absolutely screwed on all servers at this point and I don't see a way to fix it without flat taking billions (trillions?) away from players. Even that won't fix it because some people have so much gold that they have to have multiple accounts to hold it all. And you can't balance the price of anything in game because of the wild disparity in wealth. Saving up money to buy anything isn't something they can do anymore. In the early days people had to save up for a mount, flying, etc. There is so much gold available that you can't have any purchases with it be meaningful. The gold issue is a huge issue, but it is one that the game has to live with.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why not just add platinum, 100c=1s, 100s=1g, 100g=1p.

And then stop printing gold like it's going out of style.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Quote Originally Posted by agentsi View Post
    I don't think you understand what you're talking about. At all. Like, not even a little bit. That isn't how you adjust an inflated economy. But I somehow feel you won't see anyone's point of view other than you own.
    It doesn't do anything to the economy at all. It simply shifts how gold is displayed. This isn't intended to combat inflation, its intended to make numbers more manageable just like our damage and stats.

If you're doing 15 trillion damage no one cares if you're doing 15,332,235,839,674 damage, past about the 15. 3 everything else is inconsequential noise that just clutter things.

Gold is getting to that point now so let's just adjust how gold is displayed with a gold squish.

Quote Originally Posted by Burning4 View Post
    In the early days people had to save up for a mount, flying, etc.
    And nowadays they just buy a token...

I have a guildie who's buying tokens like candies so he can buy corrupted boes on a 3rd alt. Obviously whoever was lucky to drop that boe and put it on AH can price gouge all they want because of people who buy tokens to pay for gear.

Taking away gold from players only screws those who are "saving for stuff", so middle class. Rich will always find a way to get back to being rich. Broke players will stay broke.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiza View Post
    It would only make any sense of such a squish would come together with prohibiting multi-boxing and banning the accounts of multi-boxers. Otherwise, gold would be immediately inflated again.
    You'd have to also outlaw boosts and make all gear bop so there isn't some lucrative boes you can sell for millions.

There is no point doing any kind of gold squish when common used reagents that are sold in auction house still sell for single digit gold. This is just another "third world problem" coming from people who are obsessed with hoarding gold.

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    Taking away gold from players only screws those who are "saving for stuff", so middle class. Rich will always find a way to get back to being rich. Broke players will stay broke.
    This doesn't take gold away from anyone though. Just squishes the values.

Tokens are 115000g now, after tokens would be 115g

The value of items squishes with your gold.

- - - Updated - - -

4g after the squish would be 40c. You could still sell this stuff for 40c after.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds extremly unnecessary.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mercarcher View Post
    Gold numbers are getting kinda crazy as well, what would everyone think of a gold squish? Just shifting the decimal places over a few. Getting rid of the ones place of silver, and the entirety of copper and making the new values adjust accordingly. This wouldn't affect the value of anyone's gold, only the numerical representation of it. Here are some examples.

Before 45724g 32s 15c

After 45g 72s 43c

Basically make it so 1000g now is 1g after.

The value of everything else would adjust with the price

5,000,000g mount before

5,000g mount after

51g 23s 34c repair bill before

5s 12c repair bill after.

Again, no one is losing gold here. Everything in the game would just shift.
    I would be all for it Like, everything that gives gold, just now only gives a 10th and everything that costs, costs a 10th. The rich would still be rich, will still be rich, the poor would still be more poor. You are just removing a 0 from everybodies account and banks.

But then again, it would just make more sense if they made platinum, where every 1k gold is 1 plat.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by joebob42 View Post
    What about 40c? Things that sell for 40c now would sell for what? You're increasing the value of a current 40c item to 4g? Yeah. No.

- - - Updated - - -

I wish people like you would stop with this idiotic idea. There is no such thing as gold, silver, or copper in WoW. It is ONE NUMBER. What you see as gold is just 10000 copper. WoW's money value is stored as a single 32-bit integer of copper. There is no magic involved. If you don't like the huge gold numbers, then you can easily make an addon that changes how the money is displayed.
    Dude, that is the same thing with damage. Its also just numbers, but numbers can get too big for comfort some times xD I love the idea of something selling for 10.000g more than something selling for 100.000g. Its just better looking numbers, that has the same value.
    And yeah, you could make an addon, but again, it would be much easier if Blizzard does it, like they have shown they want with damage numbers
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Sounds like a complete waste of development time.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    It stopped doing that after WoD ... now you have to do at least a little bit of work to get gold.
    legion says hello. I could earn around 20-30k with 1 toon a month from my orderhall. That extra 200-300k free each month from just having a lot of toons. It wasn't as good as WoDs, for sure. But token price is down to 114k even AFTER shadowlands being announced. Legion stayed at 200k per token for a fair bit of the expac, especially towards the end.

7+ Year Old Account
    Here's a real-world example for why this is stupid:

Let's look at people who make $1M per year. That's too much money. Let's make it so they only earn $1000 per year. Now, what do we do with people who only made $65000 per year? They now make $65 per year? How do they buy a loaf of bread? How do they afford a pack of gum or a cup of coffee?
    They afford a pack of gum and a cup of coffe, because their cost have been slashed by the same amount. Again, my suggestion was to reduce the price with 1 yero, since there is nothing that matters in WoW, that costs less than 10 copper, but yeah, that is what would happen in the world. If something costs 1 dollar, it would just cost 10 cents, easy.

- - - Updated - - -

That's not how this works. That's not how any of this works.

Blizzard isn't just making the damage numbers smaller. They are actually REDUCING the damage you do while reducing the HPs of NPCs. That doesn't work with currency.

When your level 1 character kills a level 1 kobold, she gets rewards that sell for more than 1c. If we're dividing the total copper value by 1000, then we're also MULTIPLYING the copper value at the bottom by 1000. If you don't see this as a problem, then you're not intelligent enough to have this discussion.

Let me try to put this in terms that you can understand:
    Based on the OP's idea, currently, a level 1 character would have to kill 10000 level 1 kobolds to be able to afford to purchase a certain item. After the OP's change, a level 1 character would only have to kill 10 level 1 kobolds to purchase the same item.
    They reduce the damage you do, and reduce the hp, which is reducing the two numbers who are related to each other with the same amount. Its the same with currency.

When you have a level 1 character, they just get the same value, cause nobody will farm copper when we are still getting 100s of gold on our characters. Copper does not need to be divided when it is already pretty much worthless.

And OPs insane suggestion can go sod off, we are talking about my suggestion, which you are currently losing your mind over for no reason.

7+ Year Old Account
    Dude. That's not how money works in WoW. WoW does not use a floating-point number for money. It is a SINGLE 32-bit INTEGER that represents COPPER. There is no fractional copper in WoW.

You just need to stop posting. Seriously.
    And again, you don't need to change copper, because copper has no value! People are not gonna go farm lvl 10 mops, just because they give 35 copper, when a max lvl creature will still give 35 silver.

Dude you are completly fucking up how a closed economy works. Espeically when you are working with 100.000s of Gold, so if you are talking about the value of Copper, you are missing the point completly.

Edit: you are like a guy complaining about the stat squish, because you fear you won't be able to solo Uldaman anymore. Its like, dude, that is a fear going too far, we are not that extreme xD

If that would make the Brutosaur affordable to me? Sure. If not, I don't care.