Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaetha View Post
    If you're waiting for a game to be on sale to buy it, you probably aren't all that excited for it in the first place. New releases are completely different from sales on existing releases.
    I've got to disagree with this mainly because it could be a financial reason.

I do not always get the games I really want straight away as I simply cannot afford them at the time due to having a tight budget and not being able to budget for it at that time. As such, it often happens when they are on sale instead because I can normally afford them in a good sale with the excess from my wages

Yes, but I've been wrong before.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Jackson View Post
    If they release SL as late as end of December, would 8 months be enough to balance and test everything?

And if they're aiming for an end of summer release, is 4 months enough?
    They're not aiming at the end of summer lol. No Alpha+Beta has ever been only 4 months, it just isn't enough time to test everything. BFA was the shortest Alpha to release we've seen at 5 months. This resulted in BFA launching with tons of bugs, unfinished content, and assets in random locations; if you honestly believe that is going to happen 2 expansions in a row, then I don't know what to tell you lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

If you're waiting for a game to be on sale to buy it, you probably aren't all that excited for it in the first place. New releases are completely different from sales on existing releases.
    Hey, if you want to make a game with 5 averaging out to semi-lackluster expansions in a row and launch it during a Steam summer sale, go for it, see how that works for you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    They're not aiming at the end of summer lol. No Alpha+Beta has ever been only 4 months, it just isn't enough time to test everything. BFA was the shortest Alpha to release we've seen at 5 months. This resulted in BFA launching with tons of bugs, unfinished content, and assets in random locations; if you honestly believe that is going to happen 2 expansions in a row, then I don't know what to tell you lol.
    I don't, that's why I'm asking people who are in Alpha, they can better assess the situation.

Quote Originally Posted by enigma77 View Post
    I hope they take their time. I'd rather wait one more year and get a stellar expansion than wait 5 months and get garbage.
    Yeah.....no.
    No one ( not even their dog ) is waiting on 12 more months of BFA when you're already over 2 months into the last patch of the expansion.
    You can't let a paid subscription model MMO run 14 months on the same content.

Quote Originally Posted by LeftyDPS View Post
    I've got to disagree with this mainly because it could be a financial reason.

I do not always get the games I really want straight away as I simply cannot afford them at the time due to having a tight budget and not being able to budget for it at that time. As such, it often happens when they are on sale instead because I can normally afford them in a good sale with the excess from my wages
    I mean, If money's that tight, how do you afford the WoW expansion in the first place? It's not as if the expansion is going to be free, and once again, if you were that excited you would make a point to make sure you had the money to get it on release? And don't say the WoW token. If you've put in the work to get a million gold and buy the balance for it, you're definitely going to want to play it on release.

I'm sorry, I just don't see a route where the Steam sale would actually be competing.

- - - Updated - - -

Hey, if you want to make a game with 5 averaging out to semi-lackluster expansions in a row and launch it during a Steam summer sale, go for it, see how that works for you.
    I guess this means you concede your argument isn't logical.

Not with the current class design. It seens that they learned nothing

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    Ah yes the imfamous 'bug', that will push the game to 2021.
    Yup, I'm sure Blizzard spread corona around so they could take it easy and don't have to worry about launching SL till 2021

Or better yet it's all fake news sponsored by Blizzard huh?

Quote Originally Posted by Musta View Post
    Not with the current class design. It seens that they learned nothing
    making some abilities baseline instead of talents is a good lesson

They were not aiming for summer with this one. Legion and BfA were announced as "Summer of 2016/2018"

Shadowlands on the other hand was announced as "Coming in 2020". They already knew they weren't going to make it.

P.D. Also the last two expansions were given a release date more than 4 months in advance

I mean, If money's that tight, how do you afford the WoW expansion in the first place? It's not as if the expansion is going to be free, and once again, if you were that excited you would make a point to make sure you had the money to get it on release? And don't say the WoW token. If you've put in the work to get a million gold and buy the balance for it, you're definitely going to want to play it on release.

I'm sorry, I just don't see a route where the Steam sale would actually be competing.

- - - Updated - - -

Through my Christmas bonus was how it was purchased. That and we get two rent free weeks for our house at the end of the December which gives us and extra £200 to spend on Xmas presents for me and my partner after Christmas is done. We have a single income due to her being the primary caregiver to our disabled son, so the only real money we have coming in is my wage, some of which goes to one side for emergencies or saving for birthdays and Christmas. I get, on a good week, about £20 after bills of cash which I can spend on what I would like, which normally goes on buying nice things for her (like the monthly flowers I have sent to her)

Quote Originally Posted by FluFF View Post
    Yeah.....no.
    No one ( not even their dog ) is waiting on 12 more months of BFA when you're already over 2 months into the last patch of the expansion.
    You can't let a paid subscription model MMO run 14 months on the same content.
    it wont happen

we will see it in Q3 the only question is when do we see prepatch

Quote Originally Posted by razorpax View Post
    making some abilities baseline instead of talents is a good lesson
    too little.. and it will be too late.

Quote Originally Posted by LeftyDPS View Post
    Through my Christmas bonus was how it was purchased. That and we get two rent free weeks for our house at the end of the December which gives us and extra £200 to spend on Xmas presents for me and my partner after Christmas is done. We have a single income due to her being the primary caregiver to our disabled son, so the only real money we have coming in is my wage, some of which goes to one side for emergencies or saving for birthdays and Christmas. I get, on a good week, about £20 after bills of cash which I can spend on what I would like, which normally goes on buying nice things for her (like the monthly flowers I have sent to her)
    That says nothing to address my argument. I understand you have a strict budget. I'm saying that anyone that would potentially buy a WoW expansion full price is exceptionally unlikely to be swayed from playing it by games they have already passed on buying in the past. It is just a chain of decisions that don't make sense to me.

Lol i was pointing out how little sense your post makes.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    So far nothing in Shadowlands screams "tear it down and start from scratch" so yeah I'm gonna say they have enough time.

So long as they get covenants in soon, that's the last thing that could be Azerite bad.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    If they release SL as late as end of December, would 8 months be enough to balance and test everything?

And if they're aiming for an end of summer release, is 4 months enough?
    if they release in 2020, and that is becoming a big if, they will launch prepatch in November and expansion December. however I would not be at all surprised for a mid Jan prepatch and Feb release given all the shit that is going on. any earlier than November will result in a not as well tested product and yeah that will be worse than a 2 month delay

I doubt it, and i hope they delay it to 2021.

I don't, that's why I'm asking people who are in Alpha, they can better assess the situation.
    Alpha literally just started, nobody has that answer.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

Lol i was pointing out how little sense your post makes.
    Let's see, opinions and "why don't you do it." Nope, nothing that looks like you're contradicting my point. You're just pounding the table because you have no argument.