Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    But do you think Trump actually knew that though? If these are things that are already being tried the only reason for Trump to talk about such a thing would be to sound smart and asking others that already know of these things in a public address is a waste of time that only he is trying to benefit from, that in which still makes him sound stupid by wasting time trying to ask others to look into the thing I'm sure they already have looked into. No matter how you look at it Trump sounded stupid during that entire thing.
    If you say so.

Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    Also, are you going to just skip past the "get into the lungs", "cleaning", and "injecting disinfectant" parts? You know, the real bit of stupidity.
    We both know how Trump talks. Should be used to it by now.
    Still not tired of winning.

Ok so why is this allowed? Sure all attack ads bend the truth but this is blatently fraud. Just wait eventually someones gonna make on against trump and have him say something stupid like injecting bleach isna worthwhile thing to look into.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teleros View Post
    I dunno, it just seems obvious to me that he didn't say to go around injecting the stuff with the big black "X" on an orange background into yourself. Plus, the way I figure it, his opponents believe he's lying if his mouth is open, and his supporters are used to him riffing like that. Compared to "if you like your doctor you can keep your doctor"... yeah I'm still going to blame the media for the hullabaloo over this one.
    People drank fish cleaner after watching the president talk about it. Not read a media report, but watched the president himself. That actually happened. Trump knew it happened. And then he did a repeat where people watched him directly and then ingested bleach. That actually happened.

But you blame the media. Ok.

Just can't ever admit he did something wrong can you?
    Forum badass alert:
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    It's called resistance / rebellion.
    Also, one day the tables might turn.

If you say so.
    Weird, you had explanations for everything, but not that.

We both know how Trump talks. Should be used to it by now.
    And he talks like an idiot, which many have explained and yet you try and make it sound like Trump has a secret code to speaking, when in reality he does not.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    People drank fish cleaner after watching the president talk about it. Not read a media report, but watched the president himself. That actually happened. Trump knew it happened. And then he did a repeat where people watched him directly and then ingested bleach. That actually happened.

But you blame the media. Ok.

Just can't ever admit he did something wrong can you?

Did you ever notice that people actually looked into this and found out that the woman with this story turned out to be a democrat supporter and donor? That she supported Hillary and was part of the "resistance against the white house?"

I guess the lie is a better story since it backs up your narrative.

Trump says and does enough stupid crap, why people try to attack with fakes like this is dumb. A lot of voters like me that dislike trump as a person, but are looking to hear about policy discussions get nothing. We get to hear the same thing over and over. Trump did this, 2 days later, well actually the story presented was wrong.

I would love to see more, this is the alternative policy and this is why its better then trumps. But I guess that is a pipe dream.

Quote Originally Posted by silveth View Post
    Did you ever notice that people actually looked into this and found out that the woman with this story turned out to be a democrat supporter and donor? That she supported Hillary and was part of the "resistance against the white house?"

Trump says and does enough stupid crap, why people try to attack with fakes like this is dumb. A lot of voters like me that dislike trump as a person, but are looking to hear about policy discussions get nothing. We get to hear the same thing over and over. Trump did this, 2 days later, well actually the story presented was wrong.

I would love to see more, this is the alternative policy and this is why its better then trumps. But I guess that is a pipe dream.
    Evidence, please.

10+ Year Old Account
    What’s Trump’s policy... on anything.

https://joebiden.com/joes-vision/

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Evidence, please.
    I’m having troubles finding Trump’s policy site. Did you have better luck?
    Last edited by Felya; 2020-04-28 at 07:41 PM.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    What’s Trump’s policy... on anything.

https://joebiden.com/joes-vision/

I’m having troubles finding Trump’s policy site. Did you have better luck?
    I believe his policy is MAGA.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    I believe his policy is MAGA.
    Again? Look around... he cannot possibly make our current greatness, this much greater, again? Amazing...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Again? Look around... he cannot possibly make our current greatness, this much greater, again? Amazing...
    I'm just trying to figure out why so many Trumpsters hated America so much, that they thought it wasn't great.

Hardly. "The president also talked about new treatments being investigated, such as the use of UV light." Boom. One line and it's time to move on to the next bit of the topic. But wait - let's suppose an idiot in the studio raises the disinfectant thing - what do!? Oh right, something like this: "Well Bob, as we all know, disinfectants are actually very poisonous, but just like medical experts use poisons in chemotherapy to kill cancer cells, the president was probably wondering if something like that was possible." Or perhaps you're on Fox News, in which case you go like this: "Well Bob, as we all know, disinfectants are actually very poisonous, but it wouldn't surprise me if the president was trolling the fake news media to see if they'd go nuts over it."

Good Lord, you act like it's not hard to bury a story or the details of one. Are you for real?
    Do you not understand what the word "live" means in this context? You can't put the toothpaste back in the tube.
    Last edited by Egomaniac; 2020-04-28 at 08:12 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    And then drank fish cleaner after watching Trump's press conference.

Trump still got people killed. Twice.

Trump says and does enough stupid crap
    Yeah, so maybe stop defending it?
    Forum badass alert:
    It's called resistance / rebellion.
    Also, one day the tables might turn.

Nope. Rhetoric is based on emotions, not information or data. If you go into a Trump rally or w/e and come out feeling positive, or pumped up, or w/e, then mission accomplished. You might not have learnt anything whatsoever (never mind if what you learnt is true or false), the point is the emotional response.

No, you need to try again. He did not say to inject disinfectants. He asked if there was a way to do that with the help of medical doctors.

Or because he's the best US president since Calvin Coolidge, if not Andrew Jackson.

"Trump just told people that injecting cleaner might help with virus"

Well if I misread that from an envious, money-obsessed TDS sufferer I guess you'll just have to forgive me then.

And then becomes US president. You forgot that part.

General public: Noun. The % of the US electorate that voted Democratic.

Propaganda is if anything a subset of rhetoric.
    Reading your answers to these questions is frightening.

In lieu of insulting you, could I ask you something? What is the plan for fervent trump supporters once he is out of office, one way or another, eventually?

Is it 100% backing Don jr.? Is it demanding future republican canidates act trumpian? I'm curious what the longterm consequences of this cult are going to be.

Yes, you probably don't think you're in a cult, we'll just have to disagree there.

Quote Originally Posted by i9erek View Post
    Not sure what's the big deal about deep fakes. It's not different from intentionally misinterpreting what someone says which is part of shit politics. Shitty population with no ethics can only produce shitty politicians with no ethics.
    Misinterpreting doesn't actually make what they said different though. The person still said what they said, that can't be changed, deep fakes though make it seem like someone is actually saying something else. While there will always be people looking to misinterpret for nefarious purposes that doesn't take away what was said, a deep fake is like adding something that wasn't actually there.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Or if he constantly needs an army of White House and conservative media "translators" to clarify what he means constantly.
    And wich he many times after they have clarified his "intent" he many times doubles down on his first meaning.

Quote Originally Posted by i9erek View Post
    Yes misinterpreting does make it sound different. That's the whole purpose of it. You don't purposely misinterpret someone to make him sound the same you know ...
    But that doesn't suddenly create something they didn't say. Take Trump's recent "inject bleach" fiasco. He didn't say to inject bleach whatsoever, but many like to say he did. They are using hyperbole and misinterpreting to do that, but that suddenly doesn't create something new that he said. If I made a deep fake that showed Trump saying he likes to masturbate to his daughter while CNN is in the background that isn't me "misinterpreting" anything because I am creating a complete and utter lie (hopefully a lie in this case) based off of nothing.

Deep fakes are quite literally the next step of lying and to see they are on the same level as pure misinterpreting is fucking asinine.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    Do you not understand what the word "live" means in this context? You can't put the toothpaste back in the tube.
    You ever seen that experiment where a chap in a gorilla suit walks across the scene & people don't notice? Something being live and something being noticed are not the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Hinastorm View Post
    What is the plan for fervent trump supporters once he is out of office, one way or another, eventually?

Is it 100% backing Don jr.? Is it demanding future republican canidates act trumpian?
    So much for "in lieu of insulting you" lol. Anyway, I don't know. A lot can happen in the next four years, but I will say this: I don't expect the GOP to have much success unless they have candidates who are more Trump and less Jeb Bush or Marco Rubio. If the GOP candidate in 2024 is all about knocking down border walls, I wouldn't expect them to get in unless the Dems are in such a shambles they barely even count as running a campaign. Which is unlikely, after all.
    Still not tired of winning.

10+ Year Old Account
    So much for "in lieu of insulting you" lol. Anyway, I don't know. A lot can happen in the next four years, but I will say this: I don't expect the GOP to have much success unless they have candidates who are more Trump and less Jeb Bush or Marco Rubio. If the GOP candidate in 2024 is all about knocking down border walls, I wouldn't expect them to get in unless the Dems are in such a shambles they barely even count as running a campaign. Which is unlikely, after all.
    No, I am sorry. If GOP is still talking about walls by 2024, they will not exist. If Trump talks wall in a couple of month and GOP doesn’t pivot away from him, there might not be a GOP in 2024. You are highlighting the reason, why the plague pretty much ended Feudalism. Now you have an oligarch, elected as a plutocrat, being the icon of capitalism, as he is forcing meat packing staff to return to work, while removing their ability to sue for getting sick. History isn’t just unkind to those who fuck up a pandemic response, it has a tendency to forever alter the course of their ideology... commonly being a dead end. It will be McCain, the war time president, in 2008... Trump the troll candidate, isn’t going to fly, as US is the epicenter of a virus...

Just one simple question. As a Brit, do you know what COBRA is or how much it costs? Do you think Trump will need to explain his ACA replacement, with millions losing their employment coverage? As a Brit, I don’t think you understand, because you don’t have this problem.

Edit: Let’s play a game... every time you post something about Trump winning, include why you would prefer to be on Trump care, than in Britain. Then think for a second...
    Last edited by Felya; 2020-04-29 at 12:29 PM.

It will be perfectly legal as long as Republicans do it. The moment a Democrat does it though.. watch out.. rush case to the Supreme court!

You ever seen that experiment where a chap in a gorilla suit walks across the scene & people don't notice? Something being live and something being noticed are not the same thing.
    Pretty bad example. That experiment shows what you can miss when you are focused on something. During the President's Press Conference...he's the focus of attention. You might not notice Pence picking his nose in the background...but you are paying very close attention to the president.