Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by united View Post
    So y’all actually like corruption? Lmfao
    I don't like the uncertainty and random sandbagging that comes when dealing with negative corruption affects.

This could probably be an attempt to lure people to play PVP, since the negative corruption effects do tend to create chaotic situations in places like 5 mask runs, thus slightly mimicking PVP environment.

I'm slowly switching to healing role in BfA, since I don't see myself tolerating this nonsense for another 7 or so months. I can compete with healers wearing zero corruption just fine. Where's DPS need to be able to pump the damage to be able to stay relevant.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltysquidoon View Post
    Except the design intention behind rng gearing and not having an achievable bis list is to keep people playing the skinner box forever, rather than just 'raid logging' after a certain point.
    What utter nonsense, and completely unsubstantiated to boot.

There is world of difference between giving players a game that they can keep playing ad infinitum (which a lot of players seemingly do actually want) and compelling players to keep playing ad infinitum. The gearing models we have encourage the former.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    I mean... my whole guild is effectively raidlogging already.

I'm not even sure what exactly are you chasing? For us N'zoth is dead and we will spend half a year now doing farm before the next expansion, so it's inevitable that we will have insane gear purely by raidlogging. Will it be "BIS"? No. But it will be better than about 95% of all other players ingame, so who gives a fuck?

You people really need to learn to chill.
    I mean grats on downing N'zoth.

I'm not sure what you downing N'zoth has to do with blizzard's design intent with the titanforging/corruption/ap grinding 'eternal content' systems that are being added to the game.
    If community perception is that so long as there is content to grind they will grind it then there are people who will do it (I'm not saying I agree with that). Then it is still a valid topic of discussion on how that impacts the community and if it's the correct design direction.

So y’all actually like corruption? Lmfao
    Best thing that've ever been implemented. I've never had as fun with different gear as I do now.

Don't get me wrong, corruption is flawed, both in acquisition and in types of effects whilst also lacking some distinct visuals for clarity. Wish they'd had a similar more polished system in SL.
    Well met!
    Quote Originally Posted by Iem View Post
    Man even if Blizzard gave players bars of gold, they would complain that they were too heavy.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    If community perception is that so long as there is content to grind they will grind it then there are people who will do it (I'm not saying I agree with that). Then it is still a valid topic of discussion on how that impacts the community and if it's the correct design direction.
    What is there to discuss?

Unless you're applying conspiracy theory type of logic, then it can only have a positive effect on the community.

Quote Originally Posted by lollerlaban View Post
    So it's almost like you have to make a choice between the corruptions you get, HNNG ALMOST LIKE AN RPG
    almost like a single player RPG.

it's a bit different in competitive multiplayer.

i'm lucky enough that i don't have to compete with others for my raidspot, but it must suck royally if you get benched just because you have bad luck.

also: getting all the corruptions you want on alts but not on main and there being absolutely nothing you can do about it is fun too.

I hated corruption until I hit the jackpot on a few pieces and now I'm in love with it. Embrace change my man, it's actually super fun.

Corruption is the worst system they ever created.

RNG that does 50+% of your damage is baffling. Titanforging was rng but beside for weapons and some trinkets , didn't ammounted much dps gain unless it proced for your whole gear . Here a single item getting a good corruption will make you does 50%+ more dps.

You don't have the tier 3 OP corruption ? you're worthless and will sit below the tanks who have them .

Quote Originally Posted by Hellobolis View Post
    almost like a single player RPG.

it's a bit different in competitive multiplayer.

i'm lucky enough that i don't have to compete with others for my raidspot, but it must suck royally if you get benched just because you have bad luck.

also: getting all the corruptions you want on alts but not on main and there being absolutely nothing you can do about it is fun too.
    If your guild is so cutting edge that you bench people for having sub-par corruptions you should have enough money to buy all the corruptions you want.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephire View Post
    Best thing that've ever been implemented. I've never had as fun with different gear as I do now.

Don't get me wrong, corruption is flawed, both in acquisition and in types of effects whilst also lacking some distinct visuals for clarity. Wish they'd had a similar more polished system in SL.
    The only fun corruption is TD. It makes playing a tank more interesting. Everything else sucks.
    change can't wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Raelbo View Post
    What is there to discuss?

Unless you're applying conspiracy theory type of logic, then it can only have a positive effect on the community.
    There's no conspiracy theory, ion hazzikostas is on record saying in legion that if you don't have every weapon maxed out you have content to do. Blizzard intentionally adds infinite content systems to induce people to stay subbed longer. I honestly don't believe you can argue this point in good faith.
    As for impact on the community; Everyone knows about people who would run maw of souls 600 times a week for ap, groups of people offering maw carries. These infinite grinds have lead to massive burnout at the top end.

As for your bis argument; I don't understand what basis you have to suppose a definite endpoint compels play, while infinitely grindable content (which you admit induces play) is not compelling.

Quote Originally Posted by apustus View Post
    If your guild is so cutting edge that you bench people for having sub-par corruptions you should have enough money to buy all the corruptions you want.
    no you don't bench people for their curruptions. you bench whoever performs the least of the non-mandatory classes. seeing how everybody is about equal mechanics wise, that tends to be people who do less dps for w/e reason that happens to be. and unfortunately dps has some correlation with your corruption luck.

I did not sign up for this. Gearing is already RNG enough, now I have to use corruption to be competitive? I thought this was an RPG? If I wanted to gamble, I would gamble. There should be character progression in which we can actually work toward gear that we want.

To temporarily fix this until SL, they should give a 20% damage and healing boost to anyone that chooses to wear no corruption.
    where do people like you pick your numbers?

edit: if they did ANYTHING like this it would be an azerite trait that gave 75% of the value of Heart of Darkness if you have 0 Total Corruption

Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I've cleansed most of my corrupted gear because the negative effects were too punishing to warrant the minor power that I got. But now that my resistance is much higher, I have zero corruption and only one corrupted item. :/
    Check out my game, Craftsmith, on the Google Play Store!

Played from week 1 and cleared 12/12M 2 n half months ago and i still didnt get infinite stars (except the 2 pieces i bought for 6 million gold) on my main, 4 weeks in a row i got twd in the weekly chest i already own like 7 twd items i dont need (im not joking literally 7)

My alt pally heal dont own a single Ineffable Truth piece played from week 1 too, i can go on and on on all my 6 475+ chars that are gimped cuz of rng corruption
    I.O BFA Season 3

10+ Year Old Account
    Me no like farm, me want free dmg handed to me. - OP
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    Months into 8.3, the same bad arguments. If you actually played 8.3, and did the minimal weekly stuff (invasion, vision, M+) that all reward guaranteed corruption, you would very likely have at least one good corruption piece by now.

Still not seen a TD drop of any kind not even on 415 junk. so yeah love that RNG that makes it so a 415 item beats a 470 item when you get it

There's no conspiracy theory, ion hazzikostas is on record saying in legion that if you don't have every weapon maxed out you have content to do. Blizzard intentionally adds infinite content systems to induce people to stay subbed longer. I honestly don't believe you can argue this point in good faith.
    As for impact on the community; Everyone knows about people who would run maw of souls 600 times a week for ap, groups of people offering maw carries. These infinite grinds have lead to massive burnout at the top end.

As for your bis argument; I don't understand what basis you have to suppose a definite endpoint compels play, while infinitely grindable content (which you admit induces play) is not compelling.
    I mean there is a positive side for players of the infinite content thing: it maintains a reward loop much further into the game than it would go otherwise. In other words you don't reach a point in the game where your character quite simply cannot be rewarded for the content you do. It isn't something that massively effects me but playing content you know you will never get an upgrade or power increase out of feels bad.

With no continuing reward loop what happens when you get 2 months into a raid tier and you have all your best in slot gear but there is another 3 months to wait for the next raid to launch and you can finally do some content worth bothering with?

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm finding corruption quite fun with the op effects. But I also got one shot by 3 things from below spawning at the same time during old content when there was no room to move lol.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

Quote Originally Posted by lollerlaban View Post
    You complain about corruptions, then you proclaim you thought this game was an RPG. Corruptions literally gives you choices in what gear to wear depending on the encounters you're gonna face. It doesn't matter if they're good or not, you're complaining about choice.

It's just funny as shit you want a 20% dps increase INSTEAD of actually using different choices in order to get that damage.
    kek no, 100000000000 out of 10 you'll always use infinite stars