• Write In/Third Party

13 11.11%
  • I'm not voting/Haven't decided

16 13.68%
Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellhound View Post
    It IS your opinion they are not underfunded. They are a bureaucracy, and like any bureaucracy there is waste.
    Seeing as how Trump bitching about US military being underfunded and being one of the biggest proponents of that sentiment, where did Trump take money from, to build the wall?

City slickers are not dumb, I just cannot fathom why they prefer metro areas to rural. Again, its all opinion.
    You know all those places rural folks are bitching are closed... there are like, 5 of those within a mile in NYC. Want your nails did? Well... what stile? You don’t get one salon for the whole area, you get to choose from tons of them. Every band, every show and every spectacle is likely to be in a city. It’s a life stile thing... do you want to see all the coolest shit, before it becomes national or do you want to enjoy a quiet sunset over a field.
    Last edited by Felya; 2020-05-03 at 12:52 AM.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Seeing as how Trump bitching about US military being underfunded and being one of the biggest proponents of that sentiment, where did Trump take money from, to build the wall?

You know all those places rural folks are bitching are closed... there are like, 5 of those within a mile in NYC. Want your nails did? Well... what stile? You don’t get one salon for the whole area, you get to choose from tons of them. Every band, every show and every spectacle is likely to be in a city. It’s a life stile thing... do you want to see all the coolest shit, before it becomes national or do you want to enjoy a quiet sunset over a field.
    Trump is an idiot, that is well known.

I can easily live in a rural area and take an hour trip into the Big City for anything I need that I cannot get locally. So it is easy to partake in the few upsides to urban areas without losing the good of rural. That is why I shake my head at people who live in the big city by choice, but again, its an opinion.

Trump is an idiot, that is well known.

I can easily live in a rural area and take an hour trip into the Big City for anything I need that I cannot get locally. So it is easy to partake in the few upsides to urban areas without losing the good of rural. That is why I shake my head at people who live in the big city by choice, but again, its an opinion.
    People in cities tend to earn more, so that's something. Rural jobs tend to be more labor intensive, and some people like making more money by sitting on their asses all day.

I've lived in a rural area, major city, and the suburbs. Honestly, all are just fine. The things you can to in each vary significantly. Personally, I think it's much more important to decide what state to live in.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    People in cities tend to earn more, so that's something. Rural jobs tend to be more labor intensive, and some people like making more money by sitting on their asses all day.

I've lived in a rural area, major city, and the suburbs. Honestly, all are just fine. The things you can to in each vary significantly. Personally, I think it's much more important to decide what state to live in.
    Where is your evidence for this?

Who are you voting for?

Quote Originally Posted by Francid View Post
    Where is your evidence for this?

Who are you voting for?
    I'm starting to think you are not a genuine poster. You've been asked for evidence, yet failed to provide it. that means you are not willing to back up your claims, and evidence is not something you actually believe in. Sadly, if you are unwilling to be honest with me and others, then I see no reason why others should give you more evidence that you will ignore. You have failed to address my previous evidence, which is a shame. Well, when you can address all that has already been given, then I shall give you more.

Good luck!!!

LOl, your statements pretty much prove it would take too long to explain the difference.

It IS your opinion they are not underfunded. They are a bureaucracy, and like any bureaucracy there is waste.

I actually live in a city, and I have lived in major metropolitan areas as well as rural areas. I have even had the displeasure of living in New Jersey.

City slickers are not dumb, I just cannot fathom why they prefer metro areas to rural. Again, its all opinion.
    You’ve not begun to try.
    I have lived in cities all my live. But there has always been a rural home to get away to. So it is not as though I haven’t spent time in rural parts of England.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post

If you live in the right area, your commute into the city jobs can be no worse (or better) than many in the city. Mine is shorter living in an outlying city than it was much closer in. I miss almost all traffic.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    You’ve not begun to try.
    I have lived in cities all my live. But there has always been a rural home to get away to. So it is not as though I haven’t spent time in rural parts of England.
    You are right, I am not going to try, because I already stated I am not going to spend hours doing so, and anything less would be counter productive.

If you live in the right area, your commute into the city jobs can be no worse (or better) than many in the city. Mine is shorter living in an outlying city than it was much closer in. I miss almost all traffic.

- - - Updated - - -

You are right, I am not going to try, because I already stated I am not going to spend hours doing so, and anything less would be counter productive.
    The fact you think it takes hours is preposterous... counter productive is your “it is impossible to explain what it is like rural life”

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    TIL the US military is underfunded.

The US military.

Underfunded.

A travesty of truly epic proportions.
    Our rural person who can’t begin to explain rural life because it takes hours thinks so.

10+ Year Old Account
    Biden, given that there are no hitches and I get my citizenship over the summer.

The US military.

Underfunded.

Id break out the world's tiniest violin for them if they stopped doing stuff like paying hundreds of dollars for boxes of pens.

10+ Year Old Account

The US military.

Underfunded.

Your opinion.

- - - Updated - - -

The fact you think it takes hours is preposterous... counter productive is your “it is impossible to explain what it is like rural life”

- - - Updated - - -

Our rural person who can’t begin to explain rural life because it takes hours thinks so.
    Because rural life varies depending on the location within the US, often dictated by the primary source of income. Generalized attempts to answer on this board are never worth it, so yes, it would take a massive amount of time to properly answer.

Your opinion.

- - - Updated - - -

Because rural life varies depending on the location within the US, often dictated by the primary source of income. Generalized attempts to answer on this board are never worth it, so yes, it would take a massive amount of time to properly answer.
    Explain YOUR SITUATION not THE WHOLE COUNTRY

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account

The US military.

Underfunded.

If you want to look at it honestly though, the US Military IS underfunded for the missions it is being tasked with doing. Lets be honest, we want the US military to be everywhere, at all times, in greater force than anyone else in the world. We expect them to be able to fight multiple wars in multiple locations, and have at each one enough overwhelming firepower that nobody on our side could possibly die by enemy hands. The US legitimately expects that it's military can take on the entire rest of the world at the same time and win easily, which is objectively insane.

If you want to make the argument that we don't need to increase funding, we need to decrease the scope of what we're asking of them, then I can get behind that. But if we're going to maintain the current level of operations, or heaven forbid expand them even farther, then that can't happen without more money. The idea that we can have everything and not pay anything for it doesn't work, something has to give.

I'm going to vote for the slightly better senile old man. At least Biden will have better advisors that he will listen to more than trump does.

10+ Year Old Account
    Explain YOUR SITUATION not THE WHOLE COUNTRY
    My concern IS the whole country. It has to be with the way politics has become....

My concern IS the whole country. It has to be with the way politics has become....
    So, are you saying that Trump is better for the whole country? Because, you obviously haven't been paying attention to the last 6 fucking months, let alone 3.5 fucking years.

10+ Year Old Account

The US military.

Underfunded.

To be fair, certain aspects are.

The navy for example, has neither enough ships nor enough personnel to perform the jobs it is tasked with.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

You're right, 'cause what's happening currently (a.k.a. the last three years) is best for everyone.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

I feel like anyone saying they wanted to vote for Bernie or Warren but they're voting for Trump is, at best, a filthy fucking liar and at worst, a likely Russian agent trying to sow discord.

I voted for Bernie in the primary. Voting for Biden assuming he officially wins the primary come the DNC.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    So, are you saying that Trump is better for the whole country? Because, you obviously haven't been paying attention to the last 6 fucking months, let alone 3.5 fucking years.
    If you would bother to look back, I said nothing about Trump.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    You're right, 'cause what's happening currently (a.k.a. the last three years) is best for everyone.
    No political party is best for everyone, that was a stupid comment.

Also, please try to keep things in context...

I've lost all enthusiasm now that all the progressive candidates are out, and frankly barely care anymore. This has the silver lining of this election cycle not affecting my mental health like the 2016 one did.

4 years of Biden won't really be that much different than 4 more of trump, for most. We won't tax the rich, fix healthcare, fix housing in cities etc etc etc either way. Nothing will fundamentally be different. This country is cursed.