Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Hell yeah, I lost money to these people so they could make it!

(what are we celebrating again?)

Quote Originally Posted by Low Hanging Fruit View Post
    Hell yeah, I lost money to these people so they could make it!

(what are we celebrating again?)
    How did YOU lose money?
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler to Baby Sloths View Post
    August? More like September or October for 9.0 if we get the normal 6 weeks of pre-patch.
    If they have a 5 month beta then prepatch might not hit til November

I wonder how much the corona quarantine helped to boost these numbers.

Some other interesting bits is how battlegrounds in Hearthstone are still doing well, but I find that constructed play is getting overshadowed because of it. If you look at the most viewed Hearthstone streamers, almost none of them even play constructed anymore. And considering that they just released a new expansion that for the first time added a new class, I was expecting it to be doing well enough to deserve a mention in these reports.

Also still no HotS news. I don’t even remember who the last new hero was.

Hahaha, all the salt and mental gymnastics from the crowd wanting WoW to fail. It was pretty clear that WoW's doing strong on both fronts between people staying at home and the buffs given to Live. Surprised that the East is singled out as going strong with Classic whilst the West with Live though.

- Activision had 102 million MAUs in the first quarter. This is down from 128 million MAU in Q4 2019.
    - Blizzard had 32 million MAUs in the first quarter. This is the same as Q4 2019.

Just to repeat it. They're counted separately, Blizzard's remained stable, Activision has lost almost as many as Blizzard retained despite corona. Woop!
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2020-05-05 at 10:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Beefhammer View Post
    Blizzard is apart of ActivisionBlizzard just like Activision is apart of ActivisionBlizzard.
    That's why they listed Activision and Blizzard seperately.

[QUOTE=McNeil;52318293]I wonder how much the corona quarantine helped to boost these numbers.

corona didnt hit most places until mid march, so im not sure how big of an impact it had

3+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard is apart of ActivisionBlizzard just like Activision is apart of ActivisionBlizzard.
    Like King, they're still different sections of the company. Blizzard is Blizzard.
    WoW players are all trash? M+ leavers? Pug raid fails? You don't have stuff to do? WoW has become a solo player game for you? People don't talk anymore? Everyone's toxic? I have a simple solution, just for you!
    Get social. Join a guild.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    I wonder how much the corona quarantine helped to boost these numbers.

Some other interesting bits is how battlegrounds in Hearthstone are still doing well, but I find that constructed play is getting overshadowed because of it. If you look at the most viewed Hearthstone streamers, almost none of them even play constructed anymore. And considering that they just released a new expansion that for the first time added a new class, I was expecting it to be doing well enough to deserve a mention in these reports.

Quater 1 is jan, feb, march btw.
    and the qaurntine didnt start till march in a lot of places (april in others), so not very much.
    Q2 is when we will see how much the qaunrtine did, (q2 is april, may, june)

(q3 is july, august, sept, and q4 is oct, nov, dec, just for reference)
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    So blizzard is either growing or holding their own on numbers, but Activision is hemorrhaging players. Blizzard will continue to be Activisions strongest asset for a while it seems.
    Activision lives and dies by CoD and those only show huge growth on release.

Also where the hell is the Warcraft 3 Reforged report?

Loving every laugh my friend.

It’s May and we’re 2/4 zones through alpha, already seen Torghast, and, seemingly, the classes have received the bulk of their updates.

What’s going to take 7 more months?

We don't talk about that.

Deathwing ... at* Blizzcon.
    It’s not been great.

*kinda...
    Last edited by Villager720; 2020-05-05 at 10:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Villager720 View Post
    It’s May and we’re 2/4 zones through alpha, already seen Torghast, and, seemingly, the classes have received the bulk of their updates.

Pretty sure it's going to be 6 months. They'll want to release this for Black Friday end November for US sales and with Christmas around the corner for global sales.

I mean, even if the game wouldn't need another 6-7 months to develop, from a sales point of view games generally sell better in the oct/nov/dec months.
    And they're probably already working on patch 9.1 by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Nythiz View Post
    Pretty sure it's going to be 6 months. They'll want to release this for Black Friday end November for US sales and with Christmas around the corner for global sales.

I mean, even if the game wouldn't need another 6-7 months to develop, from a sales point of view games generally sell better in the oct/nov/dec months.
    And they're probably already working on patch 9.1 by now.
    Sure - makes sense. But October/November 2020 isn’t “delayed” like my quoted colleague called for.

10+ Year Old Account
    apart means separate from. I'm not sure if you meant to say "a part" or you actually meant "apart".

Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    apart means separate from. I'm not sure if you meant to say "a part" or you actually meant "apart".
    No. The holding company ActivisionBlizzard owns three dev companies, Activision, Blizzard, and King. All separate entities. Activision holds no sway over Bkizzard. AB does.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Villager720 View Post

I think you meant to quote someone esle.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yuli View Post
    Like King, they're still different sections of the company. Blizzard is Blizzard.
    Yup. I think most mean AB but say Activision. It's a pet peeve of mine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Activision lives and dies by CoD and those only show huge growth on release.
    Yes and Cod, but Blizzard is like a quarter of their revenue. Thats a lot of revenue from 1 single company. Blizzard and CoD alone could keep Activison afloat. Losing either would be a big blow.