Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Algorath View Post
    This is the first im hearing of Bolvar's wave of Death Knight's. But by the looks of it, he raised them for the Sylvanas showdown, fair enough. But he lost the Sylvanas fight, and it took sylvanas something like 3 seconds to kill every one of bolvar's soldiers in the cinematic.. Does that mean any/every Bolvar-wave of DK is a deserter? Or did he send a few of them to another planet like Illidan did his Illidari. Either way, the storytelling is garbage these days.
    Just like how in Legion/BFA cinematic it's not 100% representation of the story. Shadowlands pre-patch is very likely gonna show Sylvanas vs. Bolvar and expand on how she beat them.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

I welcome anything panda.
    They are gonna delete them from lore after WoW anyways, so let them have some fun

Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    Pandas are quite clearly the ultimate embodiment of evil. No way can they be paladins.

All joking aside, makes no sense to me either.
    I believe you’ve mistaken Pandarans for Gnomes good sir.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruargh
    I'm baffled that something this simple can be so hard for some people... I guess we can't blame blizzard for dumbing down the game any longer, because apparently it very much needed :

10+ Year Old Account
    Once upon a time, I would have been against it. As time has gone on however, I've had plenty of time to think and expand my horizons on the things that are possible.

For example, Gnome Druids are a concept I would have laughed at a decade ago. But now, we have Mecha-Gnomes with bodies that are mostly mechanical. Whose to say that we can't get a mechanical druid from these little cyborgs?

Tauren Warlocks were established in Legion. The Bloodtotem were merely brought under control and not wiped out of existence (to my knowledge.) They could very easily work their way back into the favor of the Highmountain tribes; bringing with them the Warlock class.

Human Druids exist in not one but two varieties; Gilnean and Kul'Tiran.

There are two very prominent households in the Alliance that now house Undead family members; one of whom is Light-based.

As the lore grows and expands, so too must our acceptance of new options we hadn't previously considered. I will say this though, we need class/race specific spell animations. I can make my Sunwalker look the part, right up until she starts throwing holy hammers into the ground. They wouldn't even have to change it from a hammer; just make it more of a Tauren hammer.

I could accept a Pandaren Paladin on the condition their faith and power is derived from the Celestials in the same way the Zandalari do to their Loa.

Quote Originally Posted by LupinRaedwulf View Post
    Zandalari trolls draw their light power from the Loa do they not? Are Loa more powerful then Celestials?
    I would argue that the Celestials are equal in power to the Loa and that all of them are Wild Gods. One of the few things the Elves kept from their Troll heritage; Loa worship.

Quote Originally Posted by Algorath View Post
    This is the first im hearing of Bolvar's wave of Death Knight's. But by the looks of it, he raised them for the Sylvanas showdown, fair enough. But he lost the Sylvanas fight, and it took sylvanas something like 3 seconds to kill every one of bolvar's soldiers in the cinematic.. Does that mean any/every Bolvar-wave of DK is a deserter? Or did he send a few of them to another planet like Illidan did his Illidari. Either way, the storytelling is garbage these days.
    Bolvar raised those Death Knights in 8.3. They are the fallen of the H/A war since BfA, hence why we have every race involved.

Shadowlands cinematic takes place after.

The pre-patch happens after and involves us containing the Scourge after the helm is destroyed.
    Last edited by De Lupe; 2020-05-06 at 02:28 PM.
    US - Eitrigg - <Bank Space is Magic>
    Delupi, Amoora, Jisu, Beahru, Rusa, Yeun, Neralyis, Usii, Razzil, Zaramja, Oshaz, Shawnie, Iziss, Gearsi(A)

because pandas shouldnt be in the game to begin with

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by literallysame View Post
    All of these arguments saying that Pandaren can't be paladins because they don't have the Light. Um hello? Tauren paladins get their power from An'she, Zandalari paladins from their loa (formerly Rezan, not sure who now). You don't need the Light to be a paladin anymore. So yes, Pandaren should be able to be paladins since they have the Celestials.
    Yeah and those are lore abominations.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by Lilithvia View Post
    Paladins have already become DKs.

You should play Warcraft 3
    Imagine quoting an entire paragraph then reading absolutely none of it to post a shitty off topic reply.

Because Panda Paladins just sounds like the dumbest thing I have ever heard. Holy cows were a mistake that shouldn't be made again. Just because Blizzard made a mistake before doesn't mean they should make another one.

They gave the pandaren DK to see if someone was finally playing them ... (just like paladin for the tauren) but I don't think it's working. If they were given paladin, I think things would stay the same, in my opinion, it was a bad breed choice, they should have added "high elves" with remodeled model of course ....

look, new expansion, add new eyes to the DK, and make pandaren can be DK, great expansion success assured! ... -.- not exactly blizzard ... it seems that blizzard was directed by a child or a person who did not He understands the game, there are more and more bullshit, and fewer really interesting things, except for the DH, who came to the end, but lacking 1 spec ... big mistake, as they always make unforgivable mistakes, and on top 1 of their 2 specs is tank !! rofl, it doesn't fit with the class nor is it a beloved role .... blizzard makes everything worse, sorry but that's the reality.

I would like right now to be able to choose dh with bow, warden, knight, gladiator, huntress, blademaster, darkranger, necromancer .... but, no, you can only choose pandaren DK.good blizzard job, then they will cry because subscriptions fall, normal, no They know how to do attractive things to attract customers, they don't know ... they try to do what they think is best for the game, and they screw up.

Quote Originally Posted by Pennem View Post
    Sorry but no, Alliance still needs 3 more Paladin options before Horde gets even more. Horde already get 8 shaman races to Alliance's 5 Paladins. It's frankly ridiculous when they are the iconic class of the Alliance.

Dunno what Blizzard's deal is with keeping Paladin so exclusive on Alliance compared to almost every Horde race gets Shaman.
    That is fine, load up The Alliance with more paladin options. Bring on NE Paladins, Kul'Tiran Paladin and Worgen Paladins to spice up some Gilneas lore.

Just give my Undead Paladins taught by Leonid Barthalomew now that Sylvannas no longer leads The Forsaken please and thank you.
    "They will come for us now, all of them" "Let them come, Frostmourne The Banshee Queen hungers."

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrizar View Post
    That is fine, load up The Alliance with more paladin options. Bring on NE Paladins, Kul'Tiran Paladin and Worgen Paladins to spice up some Gilneas lore.

Just give my Undead Paladins taught by Leonid Barthalomew now that Sylvannas no longer leads The Forsaken please and thank you.
    Yeah I'm not saying Horde can't have more Paladins, but god damn the Alliance deserves to have as many Paladin options as Horde Shamans.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    This sorta goes for any race that can, presumably, weild the light.

I know some of you are already rolling your eyes amd probably muttering "furry agenda" under your breath(or maybe shouting it while laughing). But given that mant new race/class combos are being made available, and that previous restrictions based on "lore" seem to going out the window.....is there any legitimate reason why every race(barring forsaken maybe) shouldn't theoretically be able to become a paladin?

I don't really have any stake in this argument. It's not going to hurt my feelings if it never happens. The thought crossed my mind, and it seems like it would be funny, and probably make a lot of players happy.

What do you guys think? And be honest. Take into consideration that interdimensional space goat zealots of the light flying crystal ships exist, and that time traveling orcs from another planet are a playable race as well, not to mention "British" werewolf priests and deathknights. So don't use the argument that it doesn't make sense. Because nothing in wow actually does.

I'd say "serious arguments only", but that sort of went put the window with panda deathknights. Soooo......yeah. So if the the minotaurs can be paladins, and the trolls can be paladins, why not the pandas and the vulpera and the werewolves too?
    I have said for a long time just open the damn flood gates and let all races be all classes.

Quote Originally Posted by CalamityHeart View Post
    [...] Whatever their code of conduct is besides "Protect this land and its people." is vague at best and only arguably virtuous. They're allied with the Celestials, and the first of the Shado-Pan were even trained under Xuen's watch, but to call their connection to the Celestials "faith" is a stretch.

I wouldn't say the paladin order is "already" established. It could certainly be moved in that direction, though, I guess.
    Well, considering negativity in Pandaria quite literally leads to Sha, I think it's pretty self-evident that all Pandaren have to maintain a high code of virtue or risk being overwhelmed by negative emotion. It's as much about self-preservation as it is selflessness - the Pandaren warn newcomers to Pandaria to be careful of what energy they bring here, that the feelings will be made manifest. Evil is quite literally something they work tirelessly to vanquish from their lands because it can happen to anyone and kill mercilessly. It creates a unique paradigm for Paladins to be sure, and while an aspect of stealthy Paladins who aren't afraid to do what is necessary to protect their people speaks more to me of other religious zealots like the Scarlet Crusade who weren't shy to necessarily stab undead in the back if it meant they vanquished in their minds what was evil.

If Pandaren didn't have Priests, and the Temples of the Celestials weren't abound in Pandaria I'd probably have an easier time accepting that the faith wasn't real, but as it stands there are a lot of disciples and followers of the Celestials. Just because the Celestials are more or less real if anything makes the faith stronger, I think. It's a lot easier to believe in something when you have tangible proof as it cements it quite cleanly as fact. And while some layering of grace may be necessary to pull in the power of faith into oneself in the setting, I think the reverence for which the Shado-Pan go about their duty and the solemn seriousness of their task, even if they can more be equated to ninjas, simply reinforces the seriousness of their vows and duty. The Shado-Pan aren't just rogues looking for coin and profit, they have a duty they uphold and a responsibility to the people to protect and serve them and heal the land of the Sha. The Shado-Pan I see as a lot more selfless than a traditional brigand or pirate or assassin, though I find it a little hard to distinguish an assassin from a vanquisher of evil when the target in either case could be evil when the assassin has a specific duty not to kill civilians or bounties but rather only a specific manifestation of evil.

If we're to relate the Celestials to Paladins, I think an easy approach would be tying individual Celestials to individual specializations. Niuzao being a Protection Paladin, Xuen being Retribution, with Chi'ji and Yu'lon being Holy all seem appropriate angles.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    Because Panda Paladins just sounds like the dumbest thing I have ever heard. Holy cows were a mistake that shouldn't be made again. Just because Blizzard made a mistake before doesn't mean they should make another one.
    They already repeated it with trolls. Too late for that.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by schwank05 View Post
    I have said for a long time just open the damn flood gates and let all races be all classes.
    And throw away all sense of lore and culture remaining in the game.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    There is any left in regards to player characters?
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

Quote Originally Posted by Pennem View Post
    Yeah I'm not saying Horde can't have more Paladins, but god damn the Alliance deserves to have as many Paladin options as Horde Shamans.
    Seems like about every new race can be shamans. 5 alliance races (draenei, dwarf, pandaren, dark iron, kul tiran) can be shamans. Alliance have 5 races that can be paladin (human, dwarf, draenei, lightforged, dark iron). Horde have 8 shaman, 3 paladin. I'd say add in 3 new paladins for alliance (worgen, night elf because legion order hall, pandaren), 2 for horde (forsaken, pandaren). That way, 8 alliance paladin, 5 shaman, 8 horde shaman, 5 paladin.

There would be a lot less art assets for Blizzard to make if they would stop making so many damn shaman.

Yeah and those are lore abominations.
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    You guys apparently missed the point I made in the OP about how the lore has been a dumpster fire basically since TBC. So making the argument that "No, it hurts the lore" doesn't really add up. Especially not after Cata, MoP, and WoD, or Legion with it's demon-alien space ships.

Citing "lore doesn't support it" simply doesn't make any sense because nothing in WoW lore makes any sense. We have a literal giant sword piercing the crust of the planet, FFS!

What Lore is left? and IMO the Lore has always been shit the best lore form this franchise has always been the novels. I could care less about the Lore for the most part at this point, Id just like to have Forsaken Paladins and maybe some actual interesting Races for the Alliance.

Quote Originally Posted by Rootsbum View Post
    I welcome anything panda.
    They are gonna delete them from lore after WoW anyways, so let them have some fun
    Quote Originally Posted by alt-ithist View Post
    I believe you’ve mistaken Pandarans for Gnomes good sir.
    Quote Originally Posted by De Lupe View Post
    Once upon a time, I would have been against it. As time has gone on however, I've had plenty of time to think and expand my horizons on the things that are possible.

For example, Gnome Druids are a concept I would have laughed at a decade ago. But now, we have Mecha-Gnomes with bodies that are mostly mechanical. Whose to say that we can't get a mechanical druid from these little cyborgs?

Tauren Warlocks were established in Legion. The Bloodtotem were merely brought under control and not wiped out of existence (to my knowledge.) They could very easily work their way back into the favor of the Highmountain tribes; bringing with them the Warlock class.

Human Druids exist in not one but two varieties; Gilnean and Kul'Tiran.

There are two very prominent households in the Alliance that now house Undead family members; one of whom is Light-based.

As the lore grows and expands, so too must our acceptance of new options we hadn't previously considered. I will say this though, we need class/race specific spell animations. I can make my Sunwalker look the part, right up until she starts throwing holy hammers into the ground. They wouldn't even have to change it from a hammer; just make it more of a Tauren hammer.

I could accept a Pandaren Paladin on the condition their faith and power is derived from the Celestials in the same way the Zandalari do to their Loa..
    I guess my original point got overshadowed by the panda discussion. But what I meant to imply was that MANY races should be able to roll as paladins. There is very little reason why several race/class combos should no longer be locked. I really don't know why Blizzard is still clinging to the idea that "lore" doesn't support it.

Nelf paladins make sense, especially in light(hur hur) of all the nelfs who feel betrayed by Elune and are seeking solace elsewhere.

Forsaken have the whole "Lightforged" possibility, especially with new models that get rid of bones and such. The RP can easily explain it with being betrayed by Sylvanas and Forsaken looking for something new to dedicate to.

Gnome, Vulpera, Panda, or other races could simply embrace the light as a way of life as outlined by the AU Draenor possibility shows in canon. Hell...if an OGRE can become a true vessel for the light, there's really no excuse for anyone else.

Worgen...hmm....I actually don't know a lot off the top of my head, but they would seem to make strong ret paladins.

Anyway, the main point being that, as someone in the thread said already: The floodgates have long since been opened. At this point restricting race/class combos just doesn't make any sense anymore.