Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Cool Class-Specific User Interface Bars - Let's Bring 'Em Back!!

Over the years, class bars has become an iconic staple for many classes, but sadly, they were pruned from the game a little while ago.
    Let's tell Blizzard how much we miss them and get the unpruning to the next level! (pun intended)

For those who don't know: "Bar" is the small row of hotkeys above your regular action bars, like druid forms
    Not only is it useful to free up space from regular hotbars, you can tell what class you are playing at a glance on your screen, it adds immersion.

First thing's first: Rename back Versatility to Spirit but keep the current function. The flavour of the old days.

Warrior: Stance Bar

Paladin: Aura Bar - This is already happening so let's keep it rollin'!

Death Knight: Presence Bar

Shaman: Rename Fulmination to Maelstrom, but keep the current function of fulmination, Add a UI element below mana bar like holy power for paladins
    Totem Bar - anybody who mained a shaman from patch 3.2.0 onwards misses this tool dearly

Hunter: Aspect Bar is still remembered fondly besides the Pet Bar also!

Rogue: Poison Bar besides Stealth - (New Addition!)

Monk: Stance Bar - bring 'em back! Rename it to Technique Bar if you want distinction.

Druid: They have a Form Bar - Perfect!

Demon Hunter: Fighting Style Bar - (New Addition!)

Priest: Chakra Bar for Holy and Discipline Priests! Shadow keeps Shadowform

Mage: Mage Armor Bar - (New Addition!)

Warlock: Curse Bar besides Pet Bar - (New Addition!)

Edit for clarification:
    Every old bar can still be brought back in some form, it could be like a soft-core Talent Change for certain classes.
    If a warrior suddenly needs to tank for example, but can't change talents in the middle of combat he could quickly switch to Defensive Stance for the time being.

By Fighting Styles for Demon Hunters, I mean basically a soft-core switch between havoc and vengeance Specializations
    They could be named Frenzied for Havoc and Focused for Vengeance for example.
    Last edited by Veteran WoW; 2020-05-08 at 09:26 AM.

While they certainly looked cool, they should exist only if they make sense. Since Warriors don't have stances and DKs don't have presences anymore, what would you suggest as a class bar for them ?

What do you mean by that ?

Quote Originally Posted by Pwaite2 View Post
    While they certainly looked cool, they should exist only if they make sense. Since Warriors don't have stances and DKs don't have presences anymore, what would you suggest as a class bar for them ?

What do you mean by that ?
    Every old bar can still be brought back in some form, it could be like a soft-core Talent Change for certain classes, if a warrior suddenly needs to tank for example but can't change Talents in the middle of combat he could quickly switch to Defensive Stance for the time being.

By fighting styles for DHs, I mean basically a soft-core switch between havoc and vengeance specs

Get an action bar addon, make a smaller bar and place wherever, put whatever you want and immerse away.

Quote Originally Posted by kranur View Post
    Get an action bar addon, make a smaller bar and place wherever, put whatever you want and immerse away.
    Yeah but this needs to be a base UI function. Many people simply hate 3rd party add-ons.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't need a bar for 3 spells.

If I'd want more bars, I'd just add them with addon. Curse bar? Why? It's just frikkin' simple ass spells. Why not nukes bar then or CC bar or defensive bar.

Get out.

I agree. In relation to gameplay it's not really necessary but in my opinion the class bar (even if it's just 3 buttons) is a RP element and I like it. I see no harm in bringing them back.

Quote Originally Posted by Veteran WoW View Post
    Yeah but this needs to be a base UI function. Many people simply hate 3rd party add-ons.
    While I get what you mean and I'd like to see Stances back too, no good player actually used the Stance UI, but rather had them bound directly on the bars, as such the UI part became wasted space.

This was also never a thing.

Overall this is way worse than ability bloat for the classes that have no use for them (Mage, Warlock, Priest, Monk, DK).

Whats immersive about an extra bar?

Oh man Im so getting sucked into my warrior cause theres a little bar that i can press one of 3 buttons on to change what stance I am! (little buff telling me what moves i can use and how my threat generation is not an actual stance as the warrior doesnt even change stances)

Uhh, yeah, no, that's a terrible idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post

If I'd want more bars, I'd just add them with addon. Curse bar? Why? It's just frikkin' simple ass spells. Why not nukes bar then or CC bar or defensive bar.
    The bars are there to display a persistent effect which is active on your character (see Stealth, or Shadowform)

In this regard, some curse effects could be cast with regular warlock spells while they are active, a symbolic meaning to display the unbridled destruction of their enemies, all warlocks in general seek to achieve.

They bring core class fantasy to the table, as it makes each one unique in their own way.

Of course you don't understand, after all, you are one of those idiots who plays an MMORPG only to look at floaty numbers above bosses.

I'd rather dev time go making interactive abilities that impact how you play as opposed to set and forget bars (or pvp macro'd bars).

But based on OP's name and registration date I'm expecting an education into the under-appreciated depth and complexity of spamming frostbolt.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account

Of course you don't understand, after all, you are one of those idiots who plays an MMORPG only to look at floaty numbers above bosses.
    so you make a burner account to come in and make a thread with a mediocre idea at best and then come and insult people who have different opinions to you? begone, troll

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Over the years, class bars has become an iconic staple for many classes, but sadly, they were pruned from the game a little while ago.
    Let's tell Blizzard how much we miss them and get the unpruning to the next level! (pun intended)

For those who don't know: "Bar" is the small row of hotkeys above your regular action bars, like druid forms
    Not only is it useful to free up space from regular hotbars, you can tell what class you are playing at a glance on your screen, it adds immersion.

First thing's first: Rename back Versatility to Spirit but keep the current function. The flavour of the old days.

Warrior: Stance Bar

Paladin: Aura Bar - This is already happening so let's keep it rollin'!

Death Knight: Presence Bar

Shaman: Rename Fulmination to Maelstrom, but keep the current function of fulmination, Add a UI element below mana bar like holy power for paladins
    Totem Bar - anybody who mained a shaman from patch 3.2.0 onwards misses this tool dearly

Rogue: Poison Bar besides Stealth - (New Addition!)

Monk: Stance Bar - bring 'em back! Rename it to Technique Bar if you want distinction.

Druid: They have a Form Bar - Perfect!

Priest: Chakra Bar for Holy and Discipline Priests! Shadow keeps Shadowform

Mage: Mage Armor Bar - (New Addition!)

Warlock: Curse Bar besides Pet Bar - (New Addition!)

Edit for clarification:
    Every old bar can still be brought back in some form, it could be like a soft-core Talent Change for certain classes.
    If a warrior suddenly needs to tank for example, but can't change talents in the middle of combat he could quickly switch to Defensive Stance for the time being.

By Fighting Styles for Demon Hunters, I mean basically a soft-core switch between havoc and vengeance Specializations
    Hunters never had an aspect bar. All their aspects were essentially spells that you put on your regular action bars

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    so you make a burner account to come in and make a thread with a mediocre idea at best and then come and insult people who have different opinions to you? begone, troll
    Fuck your mother, you inbred redneck scumguzzler
    I don't care about your shithole of a non-opinion
    Assholes like you can't even come up with a valid response, let alone an idea

As opposed to that, I am stating straight up betterments for the game in this thread.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by vitor210 View Post
    Hunters never had an aspect bar. All their aspects were essentially spells that you put on your regular action bars
    WoW then I must seriously have switched dimensions dude :O:O
    I remember them vividly.

Quote Originally Posted by vitor210 View Post

They did actually. It was short lived, but aspects had their own UI element once upon a time.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post

Get out.
    Please tell me your trolling and not actually serious

- - - Updated - - -

Fuck your mother, you inbred redneck scumguzzler
    I don't care about your shithole of a non-opinion
    Assholes like you can't even come up with a valid response, let alone an idea

As opposed to that, I am stating straight up betterments for the game in this thread.

- - - Updated - - -

WoW then I must seriously have switched dimensions dude :O:O
    I remember them vividly.
    The only thing your "straight up" to this thread is another shit post with a banned user icon next to it,
    Desktop: Zotac 1080 TI, I7 7700k, 16gb Ram, 256gb SSD + 1TB HDD
    Laptop: Zotac 2070 MaxQ, I7 8750, 32gb RAM, 500gb SSD + 2TB SSD
    Main Game: Warcraft Classic

Haters gonna hate

oh you mean those buttons that were useless or just macrod into skills so they might as well not exist?

10+ Year Old Account
    The bars are there to display a persistent effect which is active on your character (see Stealth, or Shadowform)

In this regard, some curse effects could be cast with regular warlock spells while they are active, a symbolic meaning to display the unbridled destruction of their enemies, all warlocks in general seek to achieve.

They bring core class fantasy to the table, as it makes each one unique in their own way.

There is no "symbolic" meaning about several class-specific spells that are not even persistent effects to have special dedicated bar to themselves.

Other than that - warlocks already have additional bar - pet bar. So there you go - "immershun" achieved.

I play this game for 15 years, since Vanilla and somehow we have survived all these years without having every bloody class get their own carbon copy of warrior stances, because "immershun" in your silly world means that every fucking class needs to copycat each other down to bars layout.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    Please tell me your trolling and not actually serious.
    I am serious, please tell me - what kind of function "curses" bar would exactly perform? I mean, in case of let's say Paladin Auras, Warrior Stances and even DK Presences (however useless that was in reality) there is a point there.

Curses? It's just a fucking silly goose debuff on your enemy.

Yes, please!

I love the Spirit idea, and I hope they mix it with the old short timed buff when you passed by a bonfire.