Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by TorAndre View Post
    Not exactly complaining. I am just suggesting a solution that would help us have to do same things several times when it shouldn't be needed. The reason for the requirement is that they want you do have done the zones allready before you continue the story. When you allready have one several characters, why not just let us continue with the story? I think it makes sense.

Please don't get to hung up in my bad choice of word. Replace it with "boring" if that helps get my point across.
    The reality is, it requires a single character because it's the only thing that makes sense. Why would the lore faction(s) trust you if you've only done a single zone?
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    I saw an identical thread on reddit, I assume that was yours? I downvoted it. Shame it doesn't work here

Just do your quests, stop asking for handouts
    Its not a handout if its the same amount of effort.

15+ Year Old Account
    Me personally I am an completionist and have extreme OCD because of my high-functioning autism disorder. So I want to only do one BFA zone for each character.
    Here's the thing though, the game world doesn't revolve around what you personally want.

Just suck it up and do it the same way everyone else has had to do it. Heck I've done all zones on both factions around 10 times now. It's not that bad.
    Here is something to believe in!

Currently, for new people starting on new accounts, the first time you go through BFA, you will only get 1 zone done when you reach 120, so people chose to do the 2 other zones on different characters for a different experience.

OK, so you're telling me that someone with a fresh account uses their 110 boost for their first character, level through one zone, get bored instantly they hit 120 and start leveling a new character from level 1/50/100 just to get to see a new zone? If you're a fresh player, yes, you finished one zone and are lvl120 but the game still gives you the starter quests for the other zones and the war campaign. I think it's more likely that a new player will keep playing because every last bit of content is new to them.

Just keep playing on one character until you finished everything. I mean you have to keep playing a character anyway to get the other achievements like the rep ones. You need to log in for 2-3 weeks daily with the same character and grind daily quests and world quests to get the neccessary reputation to unlock that part of pathfinder.

15+ Year Old Account
    You can always find good ways to do the 2 zones you lack pretty fast. But for many people it's not that easy. They might not be aware what it side quests and what are the main storylines etc.
    It is easy for anyone. The main story lines for the zones are curated and marked on the zone map. There is really no reason why someone who has done it on multiple characters should have a problem doing it all on one character. Your argument kind of falls apart with that. There is also good reason to do it all on at least one character because of flight paths and stuff.

It is also account wide so it doesn't matter for flying that it is your other faction alt.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    the reason that they have it is because it makes sense storywise. let's say you do the Zuldazar zone by itself and no others, then you get to do the Blood Gate and the Final Seal. you've no context for any of the Blood Trolls because you haven't done Nazmir. You've got NFI who Mythrax is and why he is trying to break the Great Seal because you haven't done Vol'dun.

it really doesn't take that long to blast through the two zones on a geared toon. just pick one you wanna do it on, and fucking do it! you probably have spent more time typing that up, posting it here and on reddit and on the official forums and replying to comments here than you would've had you just done the freakin' quests.

Well.. I guess the question is then do you really want flying or not in BFA? Not everything needs to be convient. Theres many examples in the game about this. Allied races, previous pathfinding etc. I will be honest though, this is the first time that ive not heard someone griping about the rep grind. The questing really is the easiest part. I can understand the annoyance of just doing the story lines and leaving everything else with your situation.

Funny your complaining about this when on another thread you did

My perspective is that questing is the only thing that is fun in the game.

soooooo...i don't see the issue

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post
    Funny your complaining about this when on another thread you did

soooooo...i don't see the issue
    Is there a conflict here between this statement and this thread? To assume so, you can't actually understand what this thread is about.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    the reason that they have it is because it makes sense storywise. let's say you do the Zuldazar zone by itself and no others, then you get to do the Blood Gate and the Final Seal. you've no context for any of the Blood Trolls because you haven't done Nazmir. You've got NFI who Mythrax is and why he is trying to break the Great Seal because you haven't done Vol'dun.

it really doesn't take that long to blast through the two zones on a geared toon. just pick one you wanna do it on, and fucking do it! you probably have spent more time typing that up, posting it here and on reddit and on the official forums and replying to comments here than you would've had you just done the freakin' quests.
    You have the context since you done it on another character.

And yes it does take time. I spent 5-6 hours on voldun as a new character. It actually does take time with no flying, no essences and 270 itemlevel.

But when I just did it on other characters it seems uneccessary.

Look. Everytime when I am talk about people should do their questing in normal situations when it makes sense, the amount of abuse one get for claiming how questing and storylines are insane.

Because people seem to start crying everytime they see a quest and want it and leveling removed from the game.

But when I suggest something so you dont have to do it 2 times to start a new quest, questing is suddenly just totally awesome.

Makes sense.
    Last edited by TorAndre; 2020-05-08 at 03:39 PM.

Or just let me pay 2-5K gold when I get to level 117 or hell ill even wait until 120. Worked fantastic for 4 expansions then they fucked it in WOD.

I think you should be able to skip main story quest lines once you complete it on alts and get all the rep and gold associated with all the lead up quests.

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    I saw an identical thread on reddit, I assume that was yours? I downvoted it. Shame it doesn't work here
    Seems like something Satan would do.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post

So then I guess you would defend us having to do Battle for Lordaeron and the BFA introduction on every single alt, as that makes more sense storywise.

What I am asking is the exact same thing.

So then I guess you would defend us having to do Battle for Lordaeron and the BFA introduction on every single alt, as that makes more sense storywise.

What I am asking is the exact same thing.
    Ugh, don't get me started on this aspect of the game. I skipped the whole Battle for Lordaeron on my mage, which means I can't get my neck, can't use azerite gear, can't queue for dungeons, can't do main zone quests, and can't do island expeditions or warfronts. Still, the side quests seem to be doing well on getting him to 120, and once I hit max level, I'll probably just use him for making bags and collecting BoE cloth transmog. All because I don't want to participate in some pointless attack on Undercity. But I don't petition Blizzard to change it, because I understand they want that in the story.

Similarly, in those events you named, Talanji has no reason to trust you if you haven't already helped her against the blood trolls in Nazmir. Rastakhan isn't going to ask for your aid if you haven't proved you're someone of note within the Zandalari Empire. And Akunda can't help you if he's still being imprisoned in Vol'dun. The events of the story logically follows the events of the zone story, and Blizzard is set on the player character being the hero who has done all the events necessary for these events to be set in motion. The requirement, for better or worse, is a narrative decision made by Blizzard. While it's nice for your head canon of different characters accomplishing these feats, just as it's nice for my head canon to have a conscientious objector mage, it's not the way that Blizzard wants the narrative to go.

15+ Year Old Account
    But when I suggest something so you dont have to do it 2 times to start a new quest, questing is suddenly just totally awesome. Makes sense.
    Because you will be doing it for every alt you level through questing at least once. Because you have to start and will likely finish one zone. You are also better off finishing the zones on alts because of profession recopies tied to rep. The story quests are a big boost to rep. You also unlock some flight paths.

If you have the time to do it on 3 characters then you have the time to do it again on 1 character. Five to six hours really isn't that big of a deal in the grand scheme of things. It will go faster if you use addon's to guide you or do it at level cap with better gear.

- - - Updated - - -

So then I guess you would defend us having to do Battle for Lordaeron and the BFA introduction on every single alt, as that makes more sense storywise.What I am asking is the exact same thing.
    No it isn't. Skipping a scenario is not the same as skipping an entire zone. The scenario is there just for story. The zone quests give much more then simply story. Gold, gear (for transmog), rep, flight paths, and whatever else I am missing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aresk View Post
    Ugh, don't get me started on this aspect of the game. I skipped the whole Battle for Lordaeron on my mage, which means I can't get my neck, can't use azerite gear, can't queue for dungeons, can't do main zone quests, and can't do island expeditions or warfronts.
    Skipping the intro scenario does not stop you from getting the Heart of Azeroth.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

10+ Year Old Account
    So I don't get the issue here, why can't you choose one of those characters you've completed one zone on and just do the other two zones storylines even if you have leveled alts through the other zones? You only have to do them all once on a single character to unlock it and surely it'll be quicker if you already know how the quests progress, the characters have decent max level gear and can just steamroll them.

Edit: Wait to unlock WQs you need Friendly with the three zone factions which requires questing in those zones, don't you have a character that has already started doing that?
    Last edited by Darknessvamp; 2020-05-08 at 04:49 PM.
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Skipping the intro scenario does not stop you from getting the Heart of Azeroth.
    Skipping the scenario still has your character narratively participating in the battle. The player just doesn't have to see it. I skipped the quest itself. If you do that, you can't get the Heart of Azerite.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darknessvamp View Post
    Edit: Wait to unlock WQs you need Friendly with the three zone factions which requires questing in those zones, don't you have a character that has already started doing that?
    You can use a 120 boost to get to friendly automatically and unlock world quests.

CONTENT UNLOCK
    Your character will be ready to play the Battle for Azeroth content: quests, dungeons, and raids.

World quests, islands, and warfronts are unlocked.
    The mission table and followers normally gained through levelling up are unlocked.
    The first chapter of the war campaign is completed.
    Reputation is set to Friendly with Tortollan Seekers, Champions of Azeroth, and:
    Alliance: 7th Legion, Order of Embers, Proudmoore Admiralty, and Storm's Wake
    Horde: Talanji's Expedition, the Honorbound, Voldunai, and Zandalari Empire
    Incomplete quests are automatically abandoned, and all quest items destroyed. To restart any of the abandoned quests, visit the relevant quest giver.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aresk View Post
    Skipping the scenario still has your character narratively participating in the battle. The player just doesn't have to see it. I skipped the quest itself. If you do that, you can't get the Heart of Azerite.
    Then why are you complaining about a part of the game that you willingly subjected yourself too? Even your way is still having the character participate in the battle. Because it happens in the narrative no matter what you choose to do. Stop making silly RP stands and then act as if it is an aspect of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Then why are you complaining about a part of the game that you willingly subjected yourself too? Even your way is still having the character participate in the battle. Because it happens in the narrative no matter what you choose to do. Stop making silly RP stands and then act as if it is an aspect of the game.
    I wasn't arguing that it should be changed. Also, a battle can happen without every character participating in it. I was using my experiment on the mage as an example of something I did on one character that had gameplay ramifications, which I don't expect Blizzard to fix because it's their game to tell with the narrative they want. If all people who are worthy of the Heart of Azerite must also participate in battles where one faction tries to kill the other for retribution or in self-defense, then that's their prerogative. I'm not going to start threads on the forum saying it should be changed when I choose to play that way. Similarly, if I only want to do one zone per character, as is the OP's issue, then that's a choice I can make, but the repercussions of that decision are mine to deal with; Blizzard shouldn't be expected to change the story to cater to a fringe playstyle. Similarly, I don't expect Blizzard to change the way that experience gain from resources work to cater to pandaren that want to attain max level without choosing Horde or Alliance.

The one zone per character, the mage who portals to Boralus to skip the breadcrumb quests, the pandaren who doesn't choose a faction but keeps leveling are all examples of players choosing to play the game in a way it wasn't intended, which is fine. But that choice has ramifications on what is available, and that's something the player should adapt to rather than requesting Blizzard change their game to match that style, and that is the point I was trying to make.